inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Good/Bad Remakes
Written By: yoidy on 02/06/07 at 5:44 pm

The last decent remake I saw was Dawn Of The Dead. That movie rocked all the way through! They say it doesn't have the satire the original had, but I thought it had some humorous "bits" in there.

I have no urge to see The Omen remake because I'm too much a fan of the original films.
Subject: Re: Good/Bad Remakes
Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/07/07 at 10:17 am

The Ok

The Pink Panther
The Amityville Horror
The Bad News Bears
The Blob
Cat People
D.O.A.
Freaky Friday
Godzilla
The Grudge
The Haunting
Hills Have Eyes
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
The Italian Job
The Manchurian Candidate
Miracle on 34th Street
The Mummy
Night of the Living Dead
Point of No Return
The Punisher
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
War of the Worlds

The Good

Bourne Identity
Cape Fear
Dawn of the Dead
The Fly
King Kong (2005 version)
Little Shop of Horrors
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 
The Ring
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

The Stinky

The Fog
Psycho
Love Don't Cost a Thing
Rollerball

I'm on the fence about.

The Omen
Written By: Dominic L. on 02/07/07 at 12:21 pm

XDD Jamie, I think he's talking about scary movies. I wouldn't really call "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" scary. Well... upon second thought...
Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/07/07 at 10:27 pm

My bad...

;D
Written By: Tia on 02/07/07 at 10:31 pm

oceans 11 was cool.
Written By: yoidy on 02/12/07 at 2:48 pm

I just saw yet another Dracula movie. This was made in 2006 for PBS "Masterpiece Theatre". Trust me, this is no masterpiece. They added a subplot about Arthur Holmwood suffering from syphilis so he sends for Dracula to come down to London and infect him with healthy blood! Throughout the whole movie I was thinking, "How did this piece of sheesh get made?" I'm trying to erase it from my mind. Lousy acting, lousy script, the pacing was that of a quick slide projector, and this had nothing to do with the original novel whatsoever.

If you're able to find it, watch the BBC 1977 Dracula with Louis Jourdan as The Count. That one is terrific!
Written By: Tia on 02/12/07 at 10:54 pm

i personally liked the psycho remake too. i know it was a shot-for-shot remake, but the original was so sweet that one shot-for-shot remake is totally allowed, as far as i'm concerned.

i know i might be the only guy out there who dug that remake but whatever... that's cool.