inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What CD's have you bought this year-so far?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/22/04 at 7:54 pm

What CD's have you bought so far this year?
Here's mine:
Speakerboxx/The Love Below-OutKast
Get Born-Jet
Songs About Jane-Maroon 5
Motown-Michael McDonald
Elephunk-Black Eyed Peas
Greatest Hits-No Doubt
Greatest Hits-Prince
Away From The Sun-3 Doors Down
Greatest Hits-Ozzy Osbourne

Subject: Re: What CD's have you bought this year-so far?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/22/04 at 9:57 pm

Buy........ ???

I used to do that  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/22/04 at 10:30 pm

Buy........ ???

Me too....THEN I decided that "Loser Lars" had enough leer jets...now i BURN.... ;D

Written By: Fred on 04/22/04 at 10:49 pm

I buy the occasional one, but yeah I burn. ;D

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/22/04 at 11:35 pm

Buy?...what's that?

SmithsGirl

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/22/04 at 11:36 pm

Buy........ ???

Me too....THEN I decided that "Loser Lars" had enough leer jets...now i BURN.... ;D
I have to have a CREDIT CARD to get songs off the Internet LEGALLY and applying for one when you have no job and crappy credit gets you turned down.Plus,I like having the lyrics and other band/artist info that is part of a CD's packaging. And I believe that the artist is ENTITLED to $$$ from their songs being put over the Internet. Now while bands like METALLICA are well-off and don't need the revenue from the "Net,new bands have to make themselves heard and make money enough to continue doing so.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/04 at 9:58 am

I have bought so many already this year. I can't remember all of them.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 04/23/04 at 11:16 am

I bought all these, and most of them cost me about $10 a piece. Yay discount store!

Depeche Mode: The Singles 86-96
Kill Bill Vol. 1 Soundtrack
Art Laboe's Dedicated to You Volume 12
Latin Oldies Volume 5
Evanescence "Fallen"

Due to the fact that I have a 100 year old laptop that doesn't have a burner and my desktop computer (which does) is only hooked up to dial-up, burning a cd takes me forever, so I have quit for now. :P That doesn't mean I support the tactics of the music industry because I still "borrow" songs from Kazaa to listen to. It helps that my laptop can be hooked up to my stereo. ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/23/04 at 11:23 am

I've bought a lot of records (remember them?) this year but no CD's. In fact, I haven't bought a CD since last year when I purchased Radiohead's new album Hail To The Thief shortly after it came out.

I am, however, planning on buying Morrissey's new album later this month when it's released. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/23/04 at 3:48 pm

The only CD that I bought this year was "In The Zone"(Britney Spears) for my brother. I have not bought a new CD for myself since 2002. Nothing seems worth buying anymore.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 5:22 pm

Mary Jane Girls
Tavares
Whispers
Skyy

That's all I can remember so far... ;D

Howard

Written By: Paul on 04/23/04 at 6:16 pm

Buy........ ???

Cheapskate...!

Mind you, that makes two of us...!

Written By: Paul on 04/23/04 at 6:17 pm

Mary Jane Girls
Tavares
Whispers
Skyy

Howard

Mm...Tavares...fine group, Howard...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/23/04 at 7:14 pm

Buy........ ???

Cheapskate...!

Mind you, that makes two of us...!

You have me pegged in one Paul !  ;D

However, as has been done to death a million times in threads like this, I WAS buying CD's and 'records and tapes' (some of our younger readers may not understand !  ;)) since I was about 10.  That was thirty years' worth.

I have done my time frankly.  400 LP's, 600 45's, 100 plus tapes and 200 plus CD's, mostly filled with crap that I didn't want, but you had no choice, because there was no other format in which to get it.  Plus I paid top dollar for all this stuff.  :o

You buy a compilation only to find the tracks have been re-recorded byt the original singers.  Big fizz!  I wanted the original.  >:(  You buy it and find that the best song of all has been mysteriously left off.  >:( >:(  You buy it and find that the track you most wanted to hear had been replaced by a sheeshty live version.  >:( >:( >:(

Add to that, my primary aim for using Kazaa these days is to get songs back from 30 - 40 years ago that I have no hope in hell of finding anywhere else.  :'(

I listen to so little of today's artists that I am not depriving them because simply put, it is not their music I am downloading.....

Written By: Junior on 04/23/04 at 9:19 pm

Burnt:
Led Zeppelin "Early Days/Later Days"
Beatles "A Hard Day's Night"
Beatles "Revolver"
The Shins "Chutes Too Narrow"

Bought:
Elvis Costello "Get Happy!!" (Deluxe Edition or something...it's a 2 CD set)
Elvis Costello "When I Was Cruel"
RX Bandits "Progress"
Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots"
Beatles "Abbey Road"
Radiohead "Ok Computer"

Written By: Mushroom on 04/23/04 at 10:32 pm

I have bought several CDs this year.  Most of these are old CDs though, I have a hard time getting into most new music  The ones I can remember are:

Blue Man Group - The Complex
Weird Al - Poodle Hat (my last copy was stollen)
The Worst Of Jefferson Airplane
Candy Dulfer - Saxuality
Collection of Edvard Greig
Joe Pesci - My Cousin Vinnie (not a soundtrack, Joe actually sings!)

I know I bought more, but that is all I can remember off the top of my head.

Written By: Bobo on 04/24/04 at 3:11 am

I don't even know what I've bought this year..

After a bit of prodding from the owner of a shop which I sometimes go to in town, which sells 7" records for anything from 25 pence to a pound, I bought a couple hundred of those, including fifteen or so Evs singles from back 61/62. It's quite a scatty selection, and I still don't have a record player to put them on, and I've had to resleeve the whole lot (two sheets of 20x20 paper stuck at three edges and opened at the fourth, complete with polythene viewing window).

Sometimes I mistake myself for a genius !

I also stumbled across a single copy of a track named "My Heart Goes Boom" by BreZe. This song was featured on a few English talk-shows in October, sung by a pre-teen girlband (and still featuring on some European playlists). Anyway, the song was tipped to be Christmas number one, and received previews, reviews and lambasts a-plenty.

Released it became, and charted allegedly outside the top 100 in December of that year.

Someone from the local area had bought a copy of this song. They decided, after much rummaging, to bring it back to be sold to someone else for a markedly reduced price. I picked it up for 30 pence, and haven't played it since. What a find !

Written By: Paul on 04/24/04 at 6:28 am

However, as has been done to death a million times in threads like this, I WAS buying CD's and 'records and tapes' (some of our younger readers may not understand !  ;)) since I was about 10.  That was thirty years' worth.

I have done my time frankly.  400 LP's, 600 45's, 100 plus tapes and 200 plus CD's, mostly filled with crap that I didn't want, but you had no choice, because there was no other format in which to get it.  Plus I paid top dollar for all this stuff.  :o

You buy a compilation only to find the tracks have been re-recorded byt the original singers.  Big fizz!  I wanted the original.  >:(  You buy it and find that the best song of all has been mysteriously left off.  >:( >:(  You buy it and find that the track you most wanted to hear had been replaced by a sheeshty live version.  >:( >:( >:(

Ah! I hear you! Many's the time I've gazed (sometimes in hopelessness...) at the substantial amount of plastic I've accrued over many years and thought, 'I must have kept the British Record Industry afloat almost single-handed...'

I was happily rumbling along as I was when all of a sudden they bought these newfangled CD thingys out...I fell for it...and near-enough purchased the whole lot again!

I have no sympathy for the record companies at all...quite apart from fleecing the public year upon year via some of the reasons you've given above, they all knew very well of the implications once the home PC revolution took off...so what did they do? Precisely nothing...and now they're bleating...tough!

This is also their attitude with the copyright rule for sound recordings...over here, anything past 50 years old from date of recording is 'public domain', so, theoretically, you can do what you want with it...however, by next year, Elvis' earliest recordings will fall into that category and by 2013 The Beatles' early stuff will do the same...so while the record companies are becoming increasingly worried, they are not prepared to do anything to contravene the law...stand by for more bleating...

Written By: Mushroom on 04/24/04 at 10:26 am

One thing I have always loved is the claim by many that the record companies are ripping us off.

I remember buying a new album in 1984, the average cost was around...  $15-20

I remember when I first started to collect CD's in 1991.  The average cost for a new CD was...  $15-20

And now, everybody is stealing them instead of buying them, and the average cost of a new CD is stil...  $10-15

I can't think of ANYTHING that has stayed the same cost, if not gone down in the last 20+ years.  Myself, I think it is just more of the "something for nothing" problem we have nowadays.

Next time you think of "stealing" anything, think how you would like to work on something, and not get paid for it.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/24/04 at 11:27 am

I'm not going to jump down people's throats about downloading albums (although it's my practice not to). Yes I understand the reasoning that, these artists have enough money, so why give them more...but yeah, I wouldn't want to pour my blood, sweat and tears into a masterpiece and get nothing for it if this was my career.

I think maybe people download these days because they just simply haven't got the money to buy expensive CD's (although if you look, you can buy cheap ones second-hand). This is why I buy LP's. They're cheap. I'm also a vinyl freak. :) What I'd like to know is...what did we do before mp3 file sharing? We borrowed our friends' albums and taped them! (Which at the time caused just as much of a stir as file-sharing does today.) But now that it's socially acceptable, why not do the same? Or, if you want to be really high-tech, burn it onto a CD-R! :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 04/24/04 at 11:27 am

Mary Jane Girls
Tavares
Whispers
Skyy

Howard

I sure do love the oldies.What about you,Paul? ;D

Howard

Mm...Tavares...fine group, Howard...

Written By: tv on 04/24/04 at 6:51 pm

I barely buy any. I just listen to what ever is on radio which doesn't play alot of good music nowdays. 6 years ago radio they used to play alot of goods music. They really don't anymore(hello MTV and Clear Channel Act of 1996-1997.) If I hear a song I like I'll listen to it if I don't like it than I won't listen to it again. I just sit there and listen to Music Choice for a couple hours(they play alternative rock, 80's music and even sometimes 90's music for a few hours.) They also play Smooth R&B(with no rap music) which I like as well.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 04/25/04 at 12:02 am

Hmm,

Jackson Browne--Running on Empty
Duran Duran--Greatest
Joe Jackson--Night and Day
Prince--The Hits
Boz Scaggs--Silk Degrees
The Time--self-titled

Then, there are some that I burnt. :)

Written By: gamblefish on 04/25/04 at 6:49 am

After "borrowing" about 600 songs from the internet, I finally went legit this year and signed up for a "pay-per-download" music service. So far, I have downloaded:

Are you gonna be my girl...Jet
The red...Chevelle
Send the pain below...Chevelle
Falls on me...Fuel
Fly from the inside...Shinedown
Ride...The vines
Country girl...Black sabbath

As for CD's:

The first eight Van Halen albums  (it was a lot auction on eBay)
Physical graffitti...Led Zep
Led Zep IV
The wall...Pink Floyd
The royal scam...Steely dan

And...future buys planned:

Fallen...Evanescence
Get born...Jet
Audioslave...Audioslave

Written By: Vapor Trails on 04/25/04 at 7:50 am

The Alarm - Standards
Morrissey - Suedehead

I buy my CDs on line at Amazon that are used or I get them at cheapcds.com. I too downloaded illegally but have changed my ways and have gone legit. I use Musicmatch which is so-so. I would like to use I-Tunes but alas it doesn't work with Windows ME.

Written By: theRealJimA on 04/26/04 at 12:15 pm

Sparklehorse - good morning spider
the la's - the la's
yann tiersen - amelie OST
the delgados - Peloton
teenage fanclub - deep fried fanclub
stereolab - refried ectoplasm
deus - worst case scenario
stereolab - dots and loops
yo la tengo - i can hear the heart beating as one
mercury rev - all is dream
stereolab - margerine eclipse
the delgados - domestiques
stereolab - emporer tomato ketchup

Written By: pennsygirl on 04/26/04 at 12:38 pm

I haven't bought any CD's so far this year, although I have burned a few.  I am waiting for George Thoroughgood's 30th anniv. CD, soon to be released.  I will definitely break down and buy that one.

Written By: Rush on 04/27/04 at 11:51 pm

What's a CD?  ;D

Written By: Wolveroses on 04/28/04 at 2:51 am

The only CD I bought was D12.  Any others, burned.

Written By: roy on 04/28/04 at 4:23 am

What CD's have you bought so far this year?
Here's mine:
Get Born-Jet
Songs About Jane-Maroon 5
Motown-Michael McDonald
Elephunk-Black Eyed Peas
Greatest Hits-No Doubt
Greatest Hits-Prince
Away From The Sun-3 Doors Down
Greatest Hits-Ozzy Osbourne

Written By: roy on 04/28/04 at 4:33 am

what have you shoplifted this year?

Written By: FolcRoc on 04/28/04 at 7:42 am

Harvest and Harvest Moon by Neil Young........looking for Summer Breeze by Seals & Crofts

Written By: Howard on 04/28/04 at 8:09 pm

What's a CD?  ;D

It's a round disk to listen to music on... :D

Howard

Written By: Rush on 04/28/04 at 8:11 pm

What's a CD?  ;D

Howard

Isn't that a record? :D

Written By: Howard on 04/28/04 at 8:12 pm

What's a CD?  ;D

Howard

Isn't that a record? :D

oh please will you stop being silly! ;D

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/30/04 at 10:14 pm

hey Mr. TROLL,I don't shoplift! or are you saying burning CD's off the 'net without paying is 'shoplifting'?

Written By: theRealJimA on 05/01/04 at 4:03 pm

burning CD's off the 'net without paying is 'shoplifting'?
same principle isn't it? taking something with paying? :-X

The Fall - Totally Wired (Rought Trade Anthology)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/01/04 at 4:35 pm

hey Mr. TROLL,I don't shoplift! or are you saying burning CD's off the 'net without paying is 'shoplifting'?

Whoa! Calm down! I think he was JOKING!! It wasn't directed at you specifically, was it? I don't think so...::)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: AL-B on 05/01/04 at 4:44 pm

I just bought my first CD in quite a while last week: The Darkness--Permission To Land. (I love it!)
Aside from the occasional internet piracy, my brother and I have found that the library is a great source of music. We'll just check out CD's and copy them.  As far as I know, it's perfectly legal and I've gotten turned on to some really good music that way. (Best library CD I burned off: "Fun House," by the Stooges. Iggy, where have you been all my life?!?)

Written By: Howard on 05/01/04 at 6:17 pm

I didn't buy a CD,I bought OJays Best Of Cassette! :D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/04 at 9:47 am

The Green CD by Weezer...again! (Wore out my original before I could burn a copy)  ::)

Written By: Cheetara on 05/04/04 at 11:55 am

"Here Comes The Brides"  by Brides of Destruction
"Paper Monsters"  by Dave Gahan

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/04/04 at 5:49 pm

CDs I have bought this year so far....Hmmm, not very many.

I have bought:

Antbox- Adam and the Ants
B-Side Babies- Adam and the Ants

Thats really it for buying CDs. I copy and burn all the time now!

The only type of music I buy regularly are vinyls, too many of those to mention, but I will brag about finding my mint copy of Depeche Mode's Violator for 50 cents at a library and my copy of Adam and the Ants  Dirk Wears White Sox for $4.00! Man, was I pleased with myself on those! I also bought a copy of Dirk... for Vile, but I still need to send it to her! Its on my to do list Vile, I promise!!!

Rio

Written By: BUNNY on 05/05/04 at 4:19 pm

I have bought a lot of cd's but in the last 4 weeks I bought the new AREOSMITH CD-HONKIN ON BOBO AND IT'S SMOKING
I BOUGHT THE very first one called AREOSMITH. I bought STEVIE ray Vaughn' Greatest hits and Permanent Vacation by
AEROSMITH. I plan to buy some more cd's when they become availabe.

Written By: oddxsocks on 05/05/04 at 5:19 pm

so far, i have bought:
the didjits - full nelson reilly
sublime - sublime

i got my brother's friend to burn me two sublime albums, 40 oz. to freedom and robbin' the hood (which he left seven songs off of...) and the kid charged me $4!!  it's still cheaper than what i would have paid in the stores, so whatever...

Written By: Tbullsr on 05/06/04 at 5:31 pm

I'm very disappointed in you all. Am I the only one in this thread who bought the new TESLA c.d. Into The Now. If you like hard rock buy this C.D. it is amazing from beginning to end.

Tesla - Into The Now
The Darkness - Permission to Land. Awesome c.d.
Jet - Get Born - Also Awesome

Tim
RATT-n-Roll

Written By: aguilar on 05/06/04 at 11:09 pm

ABC ***  the first one
                    NEED to get the the 2 last ones
                                  Lexicon at live  &  skyscapeing
                                                      :P

Written By: Jessica on 05/06/04 at 11:21 pm

Last weekend, I bought:

Kill Bill Vol. 2 soundtrack
Monsoon Wedding soundtrack
Dead Presidents soundtrack
Dave Gahan "Paper Monsters"

Written By: AL-B on 06/27/04 at 2:32 am

Today I bought 3 CD's:

Wilco - A Ghost Is Born. (Their best album in 8 years!)

N.E.R.D. - Fly Or Die.  (Just popped it in, so far it's pretty good.)

Dropkick Murphys - Live On St. Patrick's Day. (AWESOME!!! I didn't know much about this band--I had heard of them and I saw this CD in the punk section. I read the cover and thought to myself, "An Irish punk band (complete with bagpipes!) in Boston on St. Paddy's Day??? That sounds like one helluva show!" So I took a chance and I bought it, and my intuition couldn't have been more right. :))

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/27/04 at 8:54 am

I very rarely buy CD's (as I think I said before), I buy records. But, since I last posted on this, I have bought three CD's:

You Are The Quarry - Morrissey
Ultravox Rare Vol. 1 - a collection of Ultravox B-sides and live tracks
Assembly - John Foxx (a collection of songs from between 1979 and 1985)

We did buy a lot of records this year, though!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 06/27/04 at 10:30 am

Average White Band
Thank God It's Friday Soundtrack

Howard

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/28/04 at 6:41 am

Only bought 2 recently, The Best of Hall & Oates and George Thoroughgood's 30 Year Anthology Set.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/28/04 at 6:52 am

I've bought quite a few CDs so far this year.  The last ones I bought were Beastie Boys "To The 5 Boroughs", Mario Winans "Hurt No More" & Prince "Musicology"

Written By: sputnikcorp on 06/28/04 at 4:38 pm

radiohead-hail to the theif
vnv nation-futureperfect
iron maiden-piece of mind

i DL most of my music now.

Written By: Junior on 06/29/04 at 10:25 am

The Walkmen "Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone" (used)
John Vanderslice "Cellar Door"

Written By: theRealJimA on 06/29/04 at 1:47 pm

Wilco - A Ghost Is Born. (Their best album in 8 years!)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot was much better imho :)

in the last fortnight I've bough

Wilco - A Ghost is born (and I'm off to see them playing at Manchester in a fortnight)
The Pixies - Bossanova
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F#a#oo
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - No more shall we part
8)

Written By: bj26 on 06/29/04 at 3:19 pm

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot was much better imho :)

in the last fortnight I've bough

Wilco - A Ghost is born (and I'm off to see them playing at Manchester in a fortnight)
The Pixies - Bossanova
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F#a#oo
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - No more shall we part
8)

Hey cool, you got Wilco.  The last cd I bought was a compilation of Uncle Tupelo.

Written By: Red C. on 10/14/04 at 2:42 pm

I buy CD's on a limited basis.  I first check if the album is obtainable on vinyl LP and if not, are any of the singles available on 12" or 7" vinyl, and if not, then I'll grab the CD.  I've been enlightened: vinyl not only sounds three-dimensional, but it's archival for hundreds of years.  CD's are now reputed to become rotten when they hit their 20th birthday or so.  So, I'm trading off whatever's left of my CD's for their vinyl counterparts.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/14/04 at 2:49 pm

I buy CD's on a limited basis.  I first check if the album is obtainable on vinyl LP and if not, are any of the singles available on 12" or 7" vinyl, and if not, then I'll grab the CD.  I've been enlightened: vinyl not only sounds three-dimensional, but it's archival for hundreds of years.  CD's are now reputed to become rotten when they hit their 20th birthday or so.  So, I'm trading off whatever's left of my CD's for their vinyl counterparts.

Ah! Good for you! That's exactly what we do! Our record collection is growing while our CD collection is quickly diminishing in favour of good old vinyl!! :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/14/04 at 3:45 pm

Just the other day I brought the new Duran Duran cd. :D

Written By: Stompgal on 10/15/04 at 6:34 am

Singles
Girls Aloud - The Show
DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide
Pop! - Heaven And Earth
Peter Andre - Insania
The Corrs - Summer Sunshine
Lemonescent - All Right Now
The Rasmus - In The Shadows
Girls Of FHM - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
Busted - Air Hostess
Twista - Slow Jamz
ronan Keating and LeAnn Rimes - Last Thing On My Mind

Albums
Sugababes - Three
Floorfillers
Kylie - Body language
Pop Princesses.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 10/16/04 at 6:20 pm

I bought The Max Weinberg 7 CD today. :)

Written By: Lanie on 10/18/04 at 9:25 pm

Under The Milky Way:The Best Of The Church
Permanent:Joy Division 1995

Written By: Dennis Huskins on 10/19/04 at 1:17 pm

Los Lonely Boys (excellent Cd),Wayne Watson, Lisa marie Presley's To whom it may Concern, I'm Looking for a certain John Hiatt Cd and Fantasia's Summertime. Cannot find them.
Of Course I bought one of my own CD's that i've just released. Dennis Huskins- All that I Am.

Written By: Jessica on 10/20/04 at 12:09 pm

I bought my sister "Lest We Forget...The Best of Marilyn Manson" for her birthday.

Now I just need to burn a copy of it for myself...

Written By: elefanten on 10/20/04 at 12:31 pm

I think is hard to enjoy a CD you have burned/downlaoded

Written By: Apricot on 10/20/04 at 7:03 pm

I'm getting a Modest Mouse one soon. "The Moon and Antarctica". The one I'm getting features several extra tracks, including 4 done for the BBC live.

Written By: Skylark on 10/21/04 at 10:10 am

Let's see:

Seriously Good Music - Cocktail
Verve Remixed 2
Ella Fitzgerald - A Tisket A Tasket
Michael Jackson - Greatest Hits
Bob Marley - Legend Collection
Cool and Swingin'
Cool and Swingin' Too!
Van Morrison - Best of
James Brown Live
Rolling Stones - Best of
Hoodoo Gurus - Greatest Hits
Village People - Best of
The Best Disco Ever (compilation)
Abba - Gold
The Monkees - The Monkees
The Beatles - 27 #1s
Tom Jones - Greatest Hits
CCR - Anniversary Edition
George Michael - Ladies and Gentlemen
Avril Lavigne - Let's Go
Kylie Minogue - Kylie
Fat Boy Slim - We've Come A Long Way Baby
Cold Chisel - Chisel
Delta Goodrem - Innocent Eyes
Moby - Play
Groove Armada - Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub

And lots of recent Radioactivity CDs (Top 40 songs) for DJing.

I only burn songs if, say, there's only one good one on an album. But generally the music quality isn't good enough on a burnt CD to play at a function, so I tend to buy most of my music.

Written By: Howard on 04/09/05 at 2:09 pm

I'm gonna add The Best Of Barry White to my list.I just got it today at FYE. :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/10/05 at 3:16 am

The Score-Fugees
The Beautiful Letdown-Switchfoot
Los Lonely Boys
Payable On Death-P.O.D.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/10/05 at 5:21 am

Black Seeds - On The Sun (You won't have heard of that)
Ash - Meltdown (Not bad, but not their best)
Green Day - American Idiot (Rather disappointing)
The Killers - Self Titled (Some good tracks in there)
Snow Patrol - Final Straw  (Some good tracks in there also)

- Thats the most recent CD's I've bought. CD's are way too expensive, I tend to go second hand or MP3 (I usually get MP3's before buying a CD anyway - so I can test it)

Check for new replies or respond here...