inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Summer Movies You Want To See

Written By: Junior on 04/25/04 at 4:27 pm

Simply a thread for upcoming movies that you'd like to see.

I, personally, want to see:

(* marks a movie in limited release)

Monsieur Ibrahim, Goodbye Lenin, and United States of Leland have all already come out in limited release but, since they are in limited release, I probably won't be able to see them soon.

Envy (April)
Saved! (May*)
The Terminal (June)
White Chicks (June)
Anchorman (July)
The Bourne Supremacy (July)
Garden State (July*)

Meet The Fockers in December also sounds cool. :)

Subject: Re: Summer Movies You Want To See

Written By: Dagwood on 04/25/04 at 5:39 pm

Shrek 2

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/25/04 at 5:43 pm

Shrek 2 and Spider-Man 2 :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/25/04 at 5:54 pm

I still want to see Shrek 1  :-\

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/25/04 at 5:55 pm

I'll have to check my Summer Preview issue of Premiere on that one, but those sound good.

Written By: NbC on 04/26/04 at 2:25 am

Van Helsing!!!  I believe it comes out the first week of May.  Can't wait!!!  The previews look great.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/01/04 at 5:54 pm

Van Helsing!!!  I believe it comes out the first week of May.  Can't wait!!!  The previews look great.
I wanna see that also, NbC

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/01/04 at 9:34 pm

After seeing an ad for "The Day After Tomorrow", I want to go see that. It looks like the director's (Roland Emmerich's) best movie since the original "Independence Day" (No, not the one with Lucie Arnaz. ;D)

Written By: redhead007 on 05/01/04 at 10:06 pm

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

And Shrek 2

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/02/04 at 12:33 pm

Nobody laugh...but I kinda want to go see 13 going on 30 with Jennifer Garner

Written By: jaytee on 05/03/04 at 5:24 am

I'm hoping to see this during the coming week.  It's got a couple of great Aussie actors - Hugh Jackman and David Wenham  8) 8)

Written By: Cheetara on 05/03/04 at 10:10 am

Troy
Van Helsing
Alexander The Great

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/03/04 at 10:21 am

I'm hoping to see this during the coming week.  It's got a couple of great Aussie actors - Hugh Jackman and David Wenham  8) 8)
You mean that there are other people in it ;D I just can't resist Jennifer :-*  Anyway, let me know what you thought of it, okay  jaytee?  :)

Written By: aguilar on 05/06/04 at 11:00 pm

harry potter  ,    Inpossibles

check it out  on  Apple .com in the quicktime there trailers there

Injoy :)

Written By: NbC on 05/07/04 at 6:13 am

I just finished watching Van Helsing.  I thought it was great...there was humor, the effects were good, and there wasn't a dull moment.  The best part was the fight at the end with Dracula.  And Hugh Jackman....Yum!!!  He really looks good with long hair!!!

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/04/06 at 1:40 am

Well it's more of a spring flick -April 20th, but I'm interesting in seeing Silent Hill. That video game is the only fiction that has really creeped me out and hopefully it won't be totally butchered by Hollywood.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 9:48 am

Well it's more of a spring flick -April 20th, but I'm interesting in seeing Silent Hill. That video game is the only fiction that has really creeped me out and hopefully it won't be totally butchered by Hollywood.

Don't count of it.

They should have done a Japanese anime or CGI of that video-game...that would probably have been more true to the atmospherics.

Written By: twistedwarp on 04/06/06 at 11:09 pm

X-men: the last stand            looks promising

The Omen                           June-6-06  creepy but its going to be good!

Superman:Returns                  maybe.. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/06/06 at 11:15 pm

I definitely wanna see Superman Returns.  First, its Superman! (i have an affinity for the Donner fims)

I think Brandon Routh looks like a really promising Superman, Kevin Spacey was just about the perfect choice for Lex Luthor(Keyser Soze, anyone?).. not too sure about Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane though.  Anyway from the teaser, I must say it looks very good.  Jett, the editor of batman-on-film.com which also covers Superman Returns saw a screening of ten minutes of the film, and he said from what he saw he thinks they've nailed it with this film just as much as last year's Batman Begins nailed that character.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/07/06 at 12:34 pm

Superman Returns sounds like a good film.

Check for new replies or respond here...