inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What cartoon is this?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/26/04 at 2:15 am

It's on the Cartoon Network, and it features anthropomorphized fast food items.  Somebody on this board had the french fries character as an icon.  It's a pretty funny cartoon, but a little too absurd for me.
:D

Oh, never mind, it's "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."  They just started another episode.  It's one of those shows I'd hit while channel surfing, but I never got the title 'till just now!

Subject: Re: What cartoon is this?

Written By: woops on 04/26/04 at 2:17 am

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sundays to Thrusdays on  Cartoon Network's Adult Swim

Written By: Howard on 04/26/04 at 9:32 pm

So,why do they call it Adult Swim?

Howard

Written By: Meltd0wn on 04/27/04 at 1:45 am

So,why do they call it Adult Swim?

Howard

"Adult Swim" Historically is the time when All the kids have to leave the pool so that the Adults can have some time to enjoy it without any kids interupting. this was a common practice at big resorts and country clubs.
It was adopted by Cartoon network because most people associate the channel with Kids only, and so when they created a short span of time for Adults Only, with no kids allowed. Adult Swim fit.

and along with the Topic I LOVE Aqua Team Hunger Force, its off beat nature and the way everything is pretty much accepted as normal always crack me up.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 01/26/05 at 1:05 pm

"Adult Swim" Historically is the time when All the kids have to leave the pool so that the Adults can have some time to enjoy it without any kids interupting. this was a common practice at big resorts and country clubs.
It was adopted by Cartoon network because most people associate the channel with Kids only, and so when they created a short span of time for Adults Only, with no kids allowed. Adult Swim fit.

I think they call it adult swim because it is not appropriate for kids because of the swearing, violence, and sometimes sexual content. But I know that there are still a bunch of young kids who watch it.

Written By: Apricot on 01/26/05 at 2:43 pm

Cat got your tongue?  ;D

Written By: shiprunner12 on 01/27/05 at 1:02 pm

Cat got your tongue?  ;D

No something got screwed up so that my response was inside the quote box. It is there at the bottom of the box.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/27/05 at 2:07 pm

Cat got your tongue?  ;D

Don't look at me. I don't have anyone's tongue but my own (well, maybe Carlos' once in a while.  ;))

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...