inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What scares you?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/05/04 at 8:40 pm

fears poll

Subject: Re: What scares you?

Written By: AL-B on 05/05/04 at 8:43 pm

I'm only scared of two things...women and the po-lice!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/05/04 at 8:49 pm

:-X ESCALATORS! >:( I had an accident on an airport escalator that made me almost die from EMBARRASSMENT!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/04 at 9:10 pm

Oh, oh, what movie was that from?  Was it "Smokey and the Bandit"?

Snakes!  Why did it have to be snakes?
--Indiana Jones

OPHIDIOPHOBIA
Fear of snakes.  That's the one I've got.  I've had it as long as I can remember.  I'm terrified of them, even little ones. I get the chills just seeing them on TV.  Fortunately, there aren't many snakes up here in New England.

Written By: scarletgail on 05/05/04 at 9:16 pm

i voted flying but in reality ever since i flew to the uk in dec i'm really not afraid anymore.  i think i still am flying in the states for some odd reason but not an international non stop flight, it was all good :)

Written By: 80sRocked on 05/05/04 at 9:16 pm

I'm a major arachniphobe.

I absolutely hate spiders.  Not all of them though.  I don't mind the little tiny ones, or even daddy-longlegs(because I know they can't hurt me).  But if I see a large black one, I literally freeze up and just about pass out. 

I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Written By: Marian on 05/05/04 at 9:36 pm

i voted flying but in reality ever since i flew to the uk in dec i'm really not afraid anymore.  i think i still am flying in the states for some odd reason but not an international non stop flight, it was all good :)
:o :o :o"MY Ebony Eyes was coming to me from out of the skies on Flight 1203......." 8) :-\\

Written By: Marian on 05/05/04 at 9:37 pm

:-X ESCALATORS! >:( I had an accident on an airport escalator that made me almost die from EMBARRASSMENT!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;DYeah,I hate when my pants disappear into the escalator,too.Or in the vaccuum cleaner,like that guy in the commercial who wanted to impress his girl :D :D ;D ;D ;D :-[Cheers! ;)

Written By: AL-B on 05/05/04 at 10:38 pm

Oh, oh, what movie was that from?  Was it "Smokey and the Bandit"?

Snakes!  Why did it have to be snakes?
--Indiana Jones

OPHIDIOPHOBIA
Fear of snakes.  That's the one I've got.  I've had it as long as I can remember.  I'm terrified of them, even little ones. I get the chills just seeing them on TV.  Fortunately, there aren't many snakes up here in New England.

Actually it was from another Burt Reynolds movie, "White Lightning."

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/05/04 at 11:37 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;DYeah,I hate when my pants disappear into the escalator,too.Or in the vaccuum cleaner,like that guy in the commercial who wanted to impress his girl :D :D ;D ;D ;D :- I did NOT lose my pants(I was wearing a dress)but I managed to sprain my ankle.Quite a rotten ending to a decent two weeks in Florida with my sister. :-\\

Written By: scarletgail on 05/06/04 at 12:46 am

:o :o :o"MY Ebony Eyes was coming to me from out of the skies on Flight 1203......." 8) :-\\
yikes :o i remember that song  :-\\

Written By: Lanie on 05/06/04 at 1:42 am

Drowning  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/04 at 2:39 am

I just had a thought about the ultimate fear.  Not to lay it on too heavy, but most people are afraid of DEATH.
:o

The root of the big fear is OBLIVION.  I'm not addressing hopes and fears of the "afterlife."  I'm talking about possible existential annhilation.  Out like a light, that's it, no more YOU.  This used to scare me at night.  I defeated this terror with LOGIC: 
If you cease to exist, you'll never know you've ceased to exist.  It's that simple.
Here endeth the lesson.  And don't read SARTRE, it'll only confuse you.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens."
--Woody Allen

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/04 at 5:01 am

The police? Shouldn't you only be scared of the police if you've done something wrong?  ;)

I'm scared of my own mortality - it stinks.  :(

Written By: Paul on 05/06/04 at 7:04 am

I just had a thought about the ultimate fear.  Not to lay it on too heavy, but most people are afraid of DEATH.

I don't think myself that people are afraid of death as such...more likely what scares 'em is the manner in which they'll die...

If you cease to exist, you'll never know you've ceased to exist.  It's that simple.

In the words of the great Eric Idle - 'You started with nothing, you leave with nothing...what've you lost? Nothing!!'
(Ripped off from 'Life Of Brian')

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/04 at 11:50 am

I voted for flying and of course I will be getting on a plane once again in about a week and a half.  :(

Also (I have to say this) This Admintration.

Cat

Written By: Cheetara on 05/06/04 at 12:13 pm

Spiders
Heights
Serial Killers

Written By: goodsin on 05/06/04 at 12:34 pm

The escalation of worldwide terrorism due to US support of Israel. It's what caused 9-11, and it's what will continue to fuel the fire. A situation that'll not change until Jewish influence in US government diminishes, which it won't. :\'(

Written By: onaree on 05/06/04 at 12:46 pm

I voted for the dark.  I'm not actually afraid of the dark.  I'm afraid of what might be in the dark.  Although, I have a lot of fears.  Some are pretty stupid, too.  I am almost deathly afraid of any kind of worm or snake.  I know that worms aren't going to hurt me, but I just can't stand them.  So, I guess the worst thing for me would be to stick me in a dark room and tell me that there are snakes and worms in there with me.  I'd die for sure. 

Written By: Marian on 05/06/04 at 2:41 pm

:D I did NOT lose my pants(I was wearing a dress)but I managed to sprain my ankle.Quite a rotten ending to a decent two weeks in Florida with my sister. :-\\
:o :o :oOf course I'm just kidding! :DBut you know what commercial i'm talking about,right?People sometimes get shoelaces,pants,or other articles of clothing caught in escalastors.can be pretty scary!

Written By: Marian on 05/06/04 at 2:43 pm

yikes :o i remember that song  :-\\
8) 8) :D :DI have it on CDs,and I also have the 45 picture sleeve.The flip side is "Walk Right back'.I like that song,despite the omonous lyric s.Cheers!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 4:05 pm

Violence  :(

Written By: gemini61 on 05/06/04 at 4:21 pm

TORNADOS!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/06/04 at 5:24 pm

The escalation of worldwide terrorism due to US support of Israel. It's what caused 9-11, and it's what will continue to fuel the fire. A situation that'll not change until Jewish influence in US government diminishes, which it won't. :\'(
Sounds like anti-semitism to me,what you said. Just my opinion.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/06/04 at 5:29 pm

>:( That idiot coach in my area (Pleasantville NJ)that gave a member of his basketball team "the CRYBABY prize"! What gets me is they are letting this nutcase continue in his TEACHING job at the same school(Pleasantville Middle School)! ::)

Written By: SmithsGirl on 05/06/04 at 5:30 pm

Unfortunately i'm Anthropophobic  :-[

SmithsGirl

Written By: Marian on 05/06/04 at 7:53 pm

Spiders
Heights
Serial Killers

:oWell don't let marlena get you :D ;D ;D!Cheers!

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/04 at 8:05 pm

Unfortunately i'm Anthropophobic  :-[

Really scared of people? Oh Smithsgirl. There are good as well as bad out there. A lot of the good people are found on this board.  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/07/04 at 7:23 am

I chose other...I have an intense fear of heights.  It is so bad I can't even stand to be in the tops of tall buildings.  I have nightmares about being in tall buildings and feeling them sway. :o

But, I am not afraid to fly or sit in the window seat of a plane...go figure.

Written By: goodsout on 05/07/04 at 1:01 pm

Sounds like anti-semitism to me,what you said. Just my opinion.

Point taken. It's not really meant to be anti-semitic, it just scares me that because the US won't denounce the acts of BOTH sides in the Middle East conflict, the whole world has to suffer. The US could use its' influence to stop the encroachment & military occupations that inflame things so much, but they won't. I believe this is because of the amount of influence the many Jewish people in US government & high finance carry, and their vested interests. It scares me that this situation is unlikely to change, and that we will all suffer because of a religious dispute that has nothing to do with the vast majority of the world.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/07/04 at 1:46 pm

All of the above, plus sisters, work, life, etc., etc. :o

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/07/04 at 5:36 pm

THE EXORCIST!both the book and the original movie!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/07/04 at 5:42 pm

The TV repairman demagnetizing our old Admiral color TV. :D I was only six years old back in 1966,and  I thought he was gonna BLOW UP the TV with that demagnetizing ring! :D Remember when color TV sets had to have the picture demagnetized to keep it from getting blurry?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/08/04 at 12:44 am

TORNADOS!!

Do you live in a tornado prone area?

We don't get them here in western Mass, but the get the occasional twister down in the Hartford, CT, area.

The idea of tornados is scary to me in part because of watching "The Wizard of Oz" at an impressionable age.  Really!
They show the twister documentaries on TV quite often.  It must be terrifying to see the funnel cloud threading to the ground, just churning away in the distance.  You're looking around at a quiet, peaceful afternoon, just knowing the instrument of your destruction is winding your way, and there's NOTHING you can do about it.
:o :o :o

Goodsin wrote:
The escalation of worldwide terrorism due to US support of Israel. It's what caused 9-11, and it's what will continue to fuel the fire. A situation that'll not change until Jewish influence in US government diminishes, which it won't.
The Jewish interest in the U.S. government is an unknown quantity.  Conspiracy theorists continue to say there's a great Zionist shadow government conrolling everything, right down to the parking meter rates.  The skeptics say there really is no "Jewish lobby," just disparate interests som Jews just happen to be vying for.  I think it's somewhere in between.  The range of opinions among Jewish people in regard to the Jewish influence is just as varied. 
The aspect that scares me the most about Israel-U.S. relations is the taboo against mentioning it.  Those of us who object to the prevailing policies between the two nations fear getting tarred as anti-semitic.  The right-wingers pull this dirty trick all the time.  Meanwhile, they are gung-ho about Francophobia.  They not only disparage the Chirac government every chance they get, but they make derogatory statements about French people in general.  Now, they are starting to aim their sites at Canada, our next door neighbor.  Nonetheless, Israel is OFF LIMITS!  It's sick, sick, sick!  The right-wing is a world of bullies and browbeaters.  They are the ones who embarrass me as an American.
>:(

Written By: Bobby on 05/08/04 at 10:03 am

The lack of electricity. My girlfriend went to work without putting the electric key in the metre. I hunted around for it for ages and I went without electricity for 3 hours! The computer fun I could have had . . .  :\'(

I was that bored, I went down the barbers to get my hair cut.

Written By: gemini61 on 05/08/04 at 12:15 pm

Do you live in a tornado prone area?

We don't get them here in western Mass, but the get the occasional twister down in the Hartford, CT, area.

The idea of tornados is scary to me in part because of watching "The Wizard of Oz" at an impressionable age.  Really!
They show the twister documentaries on TV quite often.  It must be terrifying to see the funnel cloud threading to the ground, just churning away in the distance.  You're looking around at a quiet, peaceful afternoon, just knowing the instrument of your destruction is winding your way, and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

>:(
I live in Ohio, and grew up in a town near Xenia, OH, where the big F5 tornado hit on April 3, 1974. All my relatives lived there at the time, and my mom was there visiting my grandparents. I was 13 at a school dance and when she didin't come to pick me up, I found out she was in Xenia. My dad and I went to find her and had to walk through all the destruction, and finally found her safe thank god. Since then, the town has been hit at least 4 or 5 more times, but all pretty minor. Now my parents and my sister and all of her kids and grandkids live there. Pretty crazy huh!! :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/08/04 at 1:04 pm

My avatar for today...At least now I know that if I don't want to look any worse than I already do, I should never have my picture taken standing between two beautiful ladies :-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/11/04 at 9:11 pm

The root of the big fear is OBLIVION.  I'm not addressing hopes and fears of the "afterlife."  I'm talking about possible existential annhilation.  Out like a light, that's it, no more YOU.  This used to scare me at night.  I defeated this terror with LOGIC: 
Here endeth the lesson.  And don't read SARTRE, it'll only confuse you.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens."
--Woody Allen
Death does freak me out.  When my first cat,Sylvester,was put to sleep after 14 years of his faithful friendship,it was not easy to deal with.I'm too scared to think about my own demise!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/11/04 at 9:14 pm

HURRICANES. Yes,we get them here in New Jersey.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/11/04 at 9:15 pm

Right-wing media nuts like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh!

Written By: Lennox_626 on 05/12/04 at 11:00 am

I have Claustriphobia!I can't stand going in those small bathrooms or being in crowds. Ahhhhh!

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/12/04 at 11:30 am

THE DENTIST!!    :o  The whole experience is barbaric:  digging, drilling, extraction, ripping out roots.  I'm breaking a sweat just typing this. :P 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/04 at 1:08 am

I live in Ohio, and grew up in a town near Xenia, OH, where the big F5 tornado hit on April 3, 1974. All my relatives lived there at the time, and my mom was there visiting my grandparents. I was 13 at a school dance and when she didin't come to pick me up, I found out she was in Xenia. My dad and I went to find her and had to walk through all the destruction, and finally found her safe thank god. Since then, the town has been hit at least 4 or 5 more times, but all pretty minor. Now my parents and my sister and all of her kids and grandkids live there. Pretty crazy huh!! :o

I wasn't even five yet then, but I heard about the furious tornadoes of 1974.  I remember seeing Tricky Dick on TV trekking though the wreckage, and trying, in his cold-fish kind of way, to console the folks!

Tony20 wrote

You can say that again!  Even scarier are the right-wing POLITICAL nuts for whom they spew propaganda 30 hours a week combined!
HURRICANES. Yes,we get them here in New Jersey.
It's been many a year since we've had a genuine hurricane here in Massachusetts.  I'll never forget 1985 and HURRICANE GLORIA.  You know why?  Because they cancelled school and scared the bejesus out of us for 48 hours!!  What did we get?  Some rain, a few big gusts, a couple of hours without power!  Hurricane Gloria gave me an insight into mass stupidity (not as in Massachusetts stupidity, that's a whole phenomenon unto itself).  I was working in a supermarket then.  Panicked customers practically stripped the shelves.  We had to do crowd control and everything.  I noticed folks were buying out our entire FROZEN FOOD section.  I wanted to ask over the PA, do all you people have auxilliary generators?  Sheesh!
For months afterwards windows everywhere still had masking tape criss-crossed on them.  This was recommended to keep the glass from imploding!

Bear in mind, if we ever get another category 4 or 5 hurricane in New England, it will make Hurricane Andrew look like a walk in the park.  The New England ecology isn't cut out for those gargantuan storms.  For example, there's a reason you don't see oaks and maples in Florida.  Force 4 winds snap them like toothpicks!  The Eastern Seaboard Hurricane of 1938 was just such a storm.  An anomoly, it blew up the Atlantic coast gaining strength and just shot right into interior New England.  There's lots about it on the internet.  Scary stuff!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/13/04 at 2:16 am

Aw...I love Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.  Great people.  For me its the other side, CNN, Edward Kennedy, Hillary R. Clinton, John French Kerry, MSNBC, George Clooney, and Alan Colmes.  My fear I guess would be public speaking.

Written By: zac on 05/13/04 at 7:24 am

My shadow......... ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/13/04 at 7:51 pm

Aw...I love Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.  Great people.  For me its the other side, CNN, Edward Kennedy, Hillary R. Clinton, John French Kerry, MSNBC, George Clooney, and Alan Colmes.  My fear I guess would be public speaking.
It's people like Limbaugh I can't stand,macho men who think women should stay at home and make lots of babies!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/04 at 8:21 pm

MSNBC?
You mean with that liberal wingnut Joe Scarborough?  C'mon!  MSNBC fired their highest-rated host, Phil Donahue, because they were afraid he might speak up aganst Bush's war!
Most of the media you deem "liberal" is merely not crassly partisan-Republican, Like Fox Newt and right-wing talk radio.  All commercial media has a CORPORATE agenda, much more in line with the Republican POV than anything remotely progressive. 
If right-wing idealogues were so sure the American public was behind them, they wouldn't feel so threatened by some dopey Hollywood actors.  Alan Colmes, furthermore, is a TOTAL WUSS, and that's his JOB.  He's a whipping boy and a flak-catcher for Hannity.
Ted Kennedy has outlasted his use, and Hillary makes me nervous.  The politician who speaks my language? Dennis Kucinich.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/14/04 at 3:18 pm

Cars. I was in a serious car accident back in 2000. Everyone still says, even today. That we are lucky to be alive.

Written By: bj26 on 05/14/04 at 3:25 pm

Lions & tigers & bears :o

Written By: Kitten on 05/14/04 at 3:42 pm

the complet void that my life is becoming

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/14/04 at 5:37 pm

Centipedes freak me out,so doPALMETTO BUGS!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/14/04 at 5:45 pm

The politician who speaks my language? Dennis Kucinich.

You said in the John Kerry is a failure poll you wouldn't tell us this.  Guess you're the one who voted for him.  Dennis J. Kucinich...isn't he the short drawf who wants our health care somethings like socialist want?  And he always pulls out his marxist ''free college'' crap?  That guys a joke, he deserved getting last (besides maybe Sharpton) in most states.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/04 at 6:05 pm

You said in the John Kerry is a failure poll you wouldn't tell us this.  Guess you're the one who voted for him.  Dennis J. Kucinich...isn't he the short drawf .

Yeah, and I'm 5' 5," what's with the 'tude?
Tony20 wrote:
Centipedes
freak me out,so doPALMETTO BUGS!

I had the alarming experience some years back of being in the office late at night and seeing a Palmetto Bug appear out of nowhere.  MAN, the thing was HUGE!  Out of self-preservation instinct, I stamped on it.  It immediately took to a-running again.  I stamped on it a second time.  That bug just wouldn't DIE!  After I managed to kill it, it was STILL in one piece, barely damaged.  I sealed the specimen and delivered it to building services.  Just in case someon else reported a BIIIG BUG, they'd know what to look for.
As far as I know, Palmettos don't infest like 'roaches.  How a Palmetto got to Massachusetts I can only guess.  Our offices are below the campus hotel.  Perhaps it hitched a ride north in somebody's luggage.  I'm glad I was the one who encounterd the Palmetto, and not a more nervous type!

Written By: crc122383 on 05/14/04 at 7:38 pm

Spiders and Caterpillars.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/14/04 at 8:58 pm

You said in the John Kerry is a failure poll you wouldn't tell us this.  Guess you're the one who voted for him.  Dennis J. Kucinich...isn't he the short drawf who wants our health care somethings like socialist want?  And he always pulls out his marxist ''free college'' crap?  That guys a joke, he deserved getting last (besides maybe Sharpton) in most states.
A solid HEALTH CARE plan would be good for everyone,especially those with disabilities and the elderly.The Medicare/Medicaid system in place now tends to stick those two populations with sub-standard health care.And hey,that so-called 'socialist' idea is probably BETTER than what many Americans are stuck with now!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/18/04 at 7:37 pm

A solid HEALTH CARE plan would be good for everyone,especially those with disabilities and the elderly.The Medicare/Medicaid system in place now tends to stick those two populations with sub-standard health care.And hey,that so-called 'socialist' idea is probably BETTER than what many Americans are stuck with now!
I get medicaid and Medicare,and there are things which neither of them cover adequately,such as DENTAL WORK! Medicaid requires me to use the county dental clinic for ALL dental work and exams,which means a month-long WAIT. And if I have a dental EMERGENCY,i'm screwed out of $$$$,because the clinic will not take me immediately! And the care we get in hospitals is just barely ADEQUATE. They release some Medicaid/Medicare patients too early,just so they can fill that bed with a patient that has lots of $$$$$$$$ for the exorbitant bills!

Written By: mr.smith s on 05/18/04 at 7:40 pm

What i am scared of?  Nothing real except for Stephen King's 'IT'.

My brother traumatized me before I hit was 9, and I still sometimes think of how scary it was.

I'm not scared of clowns, just Tim Curry as IT.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/04 at 11:23 pm

The Shining with Jack Nicholsen...especially when that tennis ball rolls to Danny from outta nowhere :o

Written By: Tbullsr on 05/19/04 at 5:01 pm

What scares me are all the A Holes swerving all over the road while they talk on a cell phone. Incosiderate scum!

Tim
RATT-n-ROLL

Written By: Marian on 05/19/04 at 8:14 pm

What scares me are all the A Holes swerving all over the road while they talk on a cell phone. Incosiderate scum!

Tim
RATT-n-ROLL
>:( >:(I know--they're idiots!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/04 at 8:21 pm

>:( >:(I know--they're idiots!

It's not just driving while talking on the cell phone, it's not being able to live without the cell phone attached to one's ear! 

Written By: 80sRocked on 05/19/04 at 9:52 pm

Yes!

One of my favorite bumper stickers reads:

"Hang up and Drive!"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/19/04 at 11:41 pm

When the weatherman says to beware of "Dangerous" Lightening!  I was under the impression that it's ALL dangerous ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/20/04 at 1:17 am

When the weatherman says to beware of "Dangerous" Lightening!  I was under the impression that it's ALL dangerous ::)

I suppose they could warn you of "lightning striking close enough to be dangerous to you," but by the end of the sentence, you might be fried by lightning!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/20/04 at 3:27 am

It's not just driving while talking on the cell phone, it's not being able to live without the cell phone attached to one's ear! 
>:(What I dislike is when I'm on the bus and someone is using their cell phone loudly,using every four-letter-word known to man ???!Yet the driver does NOT reprimand these bozos :o,when it clearly states on the schedules that you are supposed to BE CONSIDERATE and speak SOFT enough not to disturb the other riders! And then there are those whose PERSONAL STEREOS,with HEADPHONES,are turned up so LOUD that they defeat the headphones' purpose(not to annoy others with loud music!)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/20/04 at 3:32 am

The "Silver Shamrock" jingle in Halloween 3,as well as the company's maniac owner,Connell Cochran(spelling?) And the movie's ending where the hero tries to tell the TV stations NOT TO PLAY THE JINGLE or something HORRIBLE will happen!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/20/04 at 3:39 am

BLOODWORMS,LEECHES,andMAGGOTS freak me out! How GROSS!

Written By: hoogbest on 06/03/04 at 8:31 am

I'm 61 and all of the age tables give me 10 to 15 years tops. I'm afraid of death. These 61 years went by like a bullet so I'm sure what iIhave left will also. I just hope my quality of lofe will remain as it is....happy and wonderful with a family that is close and loves me as I love them. :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/04 at 11:37 am

Taliban and Al Kaeda.

All of them seem like a load of nutcases.

By the way, who is this Al Qaeda?  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/04 at 1:01 pm

The amount of salvagable radioactive junk floating around in the former Soviet Union and Easter Bloc countries.  Not to mention all the nasty stuff North Korea has.

Written By: Cheetara on 06/03/04 at 1:09 pm

Elderly Drivers
Serial Killers
Clowns
Catholic Nuns
Al Qaeda
Chewbacca
Barbara Bush
Joan River's Facelifts
Michael Jackson

Written By: Cheetara on 06/03/04 at 5:05 pm

Barbara Walters lisp

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/03/04 at 6:04 pm

Catholic Nuns

It's not the nuns that scare me...it's the PRIESTS...and Pope John Paul II who is not doing a thing about the pedophilic ones!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/03/04 at 6:06 pm

Ticks...especially ENGORGED ones!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/22/05 at 2:07 pm

NUCLEAR ARMAGEDDON better known as
World War 3!

Written By: TarzSp on 10/22/05 at 3:48 pm

Sure, call me a wimp, but I have this major phobia of Insects, mainly any that can somehow bite or sting you

In the last apartment I lived in, the place was basically covered with House Centipedes. They would always come out at night and these suckers were Huge.  They crawled so fast they could probably outrun a Cheetah and they were really tough to kill, their body was so hard it was like a skeleton

And i'm deathly afraid of Spiders. Don't even get me started  :-[

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/22/05 at 5:47 pm

I chose roaches and crickets and all that crap. Those freak me out more than spiders, although spiders come close - that's only because I wake up often with spider bites and the thought of them on me and sucking my blood kind of creeps me out.

Flying is a little scary for me, but I feel much at ease in a plane. Now piloting one may be a bit different.

Written By: whistledog on 10/22/05 at 9:51 pm

I am terrified of Snakes and other reptiles  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/05 at 10:19 pm

I am terrified of Snakes and other reptiles  :o

Me too. Even little ones.  I hate 'em.  Snakes especially.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/23/05 at 6:10 am

Rollercoasters! I am deathly afraid of riding them! Especially the looping ones!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 10:48 am

Spiders!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000IQC4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/23/05 at 6:53 pm

The amount of salvagable radioactive junk floating around in the former Soviet Union and Easter Bloc countries.  Not to mention all the nasty stuff North Korea has.
Yep..especially if it all gets into the grubby hands of terrorists like Al-Qaida! And I think the North Korean dictator, Kim(dunno his full name)would not hesitate to try to build a working nuclear arsenal...and even sell it to other countries in the Axis of Evil!!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/24/05 at 2:43 am

REPUBLICANS, FOX NEWS AND BUGS...SAME THING IN MY BOOK!!! ;D, NAH, i AM SUPER chicken of all bugs...except ladybugs, they are so cute ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/25/05 at 6:27 pm

Palmetto bugs. I saw one in the bathroom in my sister's house in Florida...I screamed and screamed and kept on screaming until she came in and killed the thing. I was absolutely fit to be tied. The creatures are HUGE!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/25/05 at 8:54 pm

Rollercoasters! I am deathly afraid of riding them! Especially the looping ones!

I get freaked out by rollercoasters, but I won't admit it at the amusement park!  Everyone's like, "Yeah, the Writhing Death Machine, let's go on the Writhing Death Machine!"
And I'm all, "Yeah! Let's go! (GULP)"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/25/05 at 9:39 pm

I get freaked out by rollercoasters, but I won't admit it at the amusement park!  Everyone's like, "Yeah, the Writhing Death Machine, let's go on the Writhing Death Machine!"
And I'm all, "Yeah! Let's go! (GULP)"

me too! I hate rollercoasters! I used to love them when I was younger...but I won't go near them now.

Erin :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/25/05 at 9:49 pm

I used to be deathy afraid of rollercoasters, but then one day at Canada's Wonderland, I went on one for the first time and I loved it so much, they had to forcibly remove me from the ride cause I didn't want to get off it  ;D

Written By: rich1981 on 10/25/05 at 10:15 pm

The future.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/25/05 at 11:30 pm

You guys want to see a Picture of the "House Centipedes" that constantly invaded my old Apartment for 6 years?  Feast your eyes on this sucker...
http://img2.uploadimages.net/075324housecenti.jpg

The very first one I ever saw was in the Winter of 1997 and it the Largest one I ever ended up seeing.  It was on the wall right next to my Bathroom Door, I was on a cordless phone talking to my friend from school and I was about to go into the Bathroom to get a kleenex and I looked at the wall and saw one of those things about the size of a Playstation 2 Controller just hanging there on the wall.  So I freaked out and went back into the living room and then when I went back to see if it was still there, it wasn't and I never saw that one again

But I do believe it breeded somewhere in my house because over the next 5 or 6 years that I lived in that apartment, I saw atleast a total of 100 of these Centipedes.  Even one night I saw 6 in under an hour

What freaked me out the most about them was when I asked my mother's friend about them, she said that they Eat Cloth and their Bites can really Sting

I've lived in a New Apartment now since May 2002 and I've only seen 1 House Centipede, but it was a really Small one.  Now my new apartment is only contantly invaded by Huge Crickets, which annoy the hell out of me

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/26/05 at 12:00 am

YOU WIN!  ::)  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/05 at 12:01 am

http://img2.uploadimages.net/075324housecenti.jpg

Holy hell in a handbasket Batman.  Just looking at that thing, and i'm jumping up on my chair  :o

Written By: TarzSp on 10/26/05 at 12:07 am

They were quite frightning indeed, they basically turned me into a Wimp, I got so scared when I saw one

The freaky thing about them is how Fast they would Crawl, they are much faster than a Cockroach, and it creeps me out because what they do is, they start Crawling for about 15 seconds, then they stop and stay still for 2 minutes, then they crawl again and stop again.  It's an ongoing cycle and it always creeped me out

And trying to kill those bugs were the worst part of it, I always had to get my Mother to do it for me (I know I'm such a wimp), but the things were Hard, and you had to squish them really hard to the point where you could hear it crunch for it to die

Man, I'm getting Paranoid just thinking about it again.  Those Centipedes were the main reason I begged my Mother to move to a new apartment, and we eventually did  8)

Written By: TarzSp on 10/26/05 at 12:18 am

Here are some more pictures of them just to creep you guys out...
http://www.entomology.wisc.edu/insectid/images/id_full/house-centipdede.jpg
http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/CritterFiles/casefile/relatives/centipedes/housecent.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/House_centipede.jpg
http://www.painetworks.com/photos/fp/fp0526.JPG

Creeped out yet?  ;D

Oh and here is a Good Article about these Centipedes  http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/CritterFiles/casefile/relatives/centipedes/centipede.htm

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/05 at 12:22 am

Creeped out yet?  ;D

Very  :o

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/26/05 at 12:30 am

Creeped out yet?  ;D

Oh and here is a Good Article about these Centipedes 
Not really.  :P

Being on a small island in the south pacific that doesn't have snakes, large spiders etc, those sort of things just don't scare me, but if I saw one in real life...  :o :-X

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/26/05 at 1:42 am

What scares me.. hmmm.

Ever since i moved over to the states from England i have been scared to death of something happening to my parents and me not being there to do anything.

I've always been curious as to why people are scared of death.. it just happens, you can't really know much about it. Death in a technical state is blood stopping flowing to the brain. No blood in your brain.. no concious thought. Thus as you get closer to death you'll be less and less aware of it.

Written By: rich1981 on 10/26/05 at 2:13 am

I remember a survey not too long ago on what people were afraid of the most with death being the second most popular but the first is public speaking, amazing.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/26/05 at 3:44 am

Death doesent much scare me as much as The Way of Dying does.  If I knew that I would just die from Natural Causes (Like alot of people do when they get older) it would not scare me, but the thought of dying a Horrible Painfull Death is what scares me.  I mean, who knows if one day you could be walking outside and some Nutcase shoots you in the head, or maybe your house catches Fire and you Burn alive

The thing (other than Bugs) that scares me to death is Flying on Airplanes.  I've only been on an Airplane twice and it was my Grandfather's own personal airplane that only had like 5 seats in it.  I've never gotten on a Commercial Airplane and I never will

I've also gotten this fear recently of Elevators.  I'm always scared to death that it will drop or something when i'm in it, and I also have a similar fear of Bridges, like whenever I go across state and have to cross a bridge, I almost have a panic attack because I keep thinking that the Bridge will collapse

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/26/05 at 12:33 pm

Scorpions, especially the poisonous Sculptured Centruroides that is in the Southwestern states!

Snakes don't scare me...I've even handled and grown to like the non-venomous ones like the Black Rat Snake and the Boa Constrictor.

Some people freak out over Land Hermit Crabs...Why? They are cool and nowhere near nasty tempered.

Written By: Skippy on 10/26/05 at 4:20 pm

PoliticiansPoliticians, only those elected though

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/26/05 at 7:57 pm

Jellyfish! Just because of the possibility of seeing one of those ugly things in the water I do NOT swim in the ocean!

even more than jellyfish....the possibility that another Republican will become President..and do the same s*it Dubya and Cheney have done..especially keep our soldiers in Iraq.

Written By: Lady Beard on 10/26/05 at 8:55 pm

Potted Plants!

Written By: Dagwood on 10/26/05 at 8:59 pm

The freaky thing about them is how Fast they would Crawl, they are much faster than a Cockroach, and it creeps me out because what they do is, they start Crawling for about 15 seconds, then they stop and stay still for 2 minutes, then they crawl again and stop again.  It's an ongoing cycle and it always creeped me out

And trying to kill those bugs were the worst part of it, I always had to get my Mother to do it for me (I know I'm such a wimp), but the things were Hard, and you had to squish them really hard to the point where you could hear it crunch for it to die

OMG, I think I am going to have nightmares tonight.  :o

Written By: TarzSp on 10/26/05 at 11:12 pm

OMG, I think I am going to have nightmares tonight.  :o

It was the most horrible experience I ever had in my life having to live with those Centipedes in my apartment for 5 years

I still remember this one inparticular day about 5 years ago, My friend came over to spend the night and we were playing Super Nintendo and I turned around and on the ceiling was a Centipede, so, like the wimp I am (And my friend was an even bigger wimp) I called in MOMMY to kill the Bug for me  ;D.  Anyway, she took a Magazine and slapped it on the ceiling and hit the Centipede (I knew it wasn't dead after that) so it fell on one of our Fuzzy Brown Couches (And it blended in well with it) so I couldent see where it was

Anyway, about 25 minutes later, I see another Centipede crawling across the Drapes on my sliding glass door/window.  I had no clue how we could kill this one, so we waited for it to start crawling on the wall and then MOMMY squished it

So, a little later I end up seeing one crawling on the ceiling in the Hallway, and then it gets near one of the Vents and then it drops all the way to the floor and starts Crawling toward me really fast! So I got this Bible that was laying around and I dropped it on the Centipede and then stepped on the Bible to make sure I squished it.  So I lifted up the Bible and the Centipede was still alive and slowly crawling again, so I just squished it again with the Bible and left the Bible on top of it

Then a little bit later, I decided to go into my Mom's room, but she was asleep and it was really dark in her room, so I opened the door in her room and walked in and I swear to you I looked around in her room and there were atleast 5 centipedes crawling around on her walls.  It felt like that scene out of "Arachnaphobia" where the entire house was infested with thousands of spiders

I ran out freaking out completely.  So me and my friend were extremely paranoid and were getting very tired, so we took turns falling asleep for 10 minutes while the other one of us stayed awake to look for anymore centipedes.  He eventually had to go home about an hour later and I was basically left all alone in the living room, tired as hell. So I carefully just passed out on the couch and when I woke up, I didn't see anymore centipedes for quite a while

Written By: Cheetara on 10/27/05 at 6:09 pm

Spiders...  I spilled my coffee at work...because one jumped down onto my desk...  The rat bastards!! >:(

Written By: Morton on 10/28/05 at 6:52 am

ever since I was a small child I have had an irrational fear of the dark

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/28/05 at 6:51 pm

http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/CritterFiles/casefile/relatives/centipedes/housecent.jpg

Creeped out yet?  ;D

Oh and here is a Good Article about these Centipedes  http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/CritterFiles/casefile/relatives/centipedes/centipede.htm
There are centipedes in tropical areas that are over a foot long and highly venomous. They would truly have me fit to be tied if I ever saw one of 'em!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/28/05 at 6:56 pm

Guns!!! Shotguns, revolvers, machine guns, snub-nosed guns, pistols...I could never even TOUCH a gun without freaking out coz they give me the creeps..what certain people DO TO OTHER PEOPLE with them is what really scares me!

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/04/05 at 4:00 pm

Spiders

Written By: gibster on 11/04/05 at 4:19 pm

the complet void that my life is becoming

I think I am in love with you...

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/04/05 at 4:37 pm

Huge Flying Water Bugs with really large pincers!  Head Lice!  Crabs (not the beach kind)!  Hostile Homeless People!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/05/05 at 2:41 am

Creeped out yet?  ;D

PUKE PUKE PUKE, IM SO GROSSED OUT RIGHT NOW... THATS SICK

Written By: Bobby on 11/06/05 at 1:45 pm

Not having any meaning or purpose to my life.

Written By: OliverDK on 11/07/05 at 2:30 pm

Realizing that a whole generation who wasn't even born when the Berlin Wall fell in '89 will be entering service with the armed forces before the end of the decade.

Written By: Stompgal on 11/11/05 at 3:23 am

Bees and wasps scare me, so I voted insects.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/05 at 11:18 am

Right now is the fact that my husband MAY have to have surgery. We don't know yet.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 11/12/05 at 9:50 am

My thoughts are with you both, Cat.

Written By: annonymouse on 11/12/05 at 10:35 am

i picked spiders!!!

i never used to be afraid of them but one day a huge spider (looked like a tarantula but probably not, i was living ohio)
in my shoe, i didnt know it was in their until after i sliped my foot in and had a big chunk takin out of my toe!!!

(not really but it did bite my toe, it hurt like crap!!!)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/05 at 11:55 am

My thoughts are with you both, Cat.

Thanks, Dagwood.

Cat

Written By: rich1981 on 11/12/05 at 2:28 pm

Ignorance.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/12/05 at 3:29 pm

I said "other".  I'm scared of the possibility of surgery (on my spine) and I'm not willing to live with what I am now going through for the long haul.  I will not be an invilid, I will not give up my agile romps "in cupid's grove" with my wife, I will not give up my sailing, I will not give up walking (or skiing) around the village green... So I guess I WILL have surgery on my spine.  And I am scared SH..LESS.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/12/05 at 3:57 pm

failure, death, stupidity, pain

Written By: TarzSp on 11/12/05 at 5:42 pm

lol, you're adorable  :D

Written By: Tia on 11/12/05 at 6:03 pm

anyone spooked by grody, slimy SNAILS?

http://www.boingboing.net/images/snail.jpg

gawd! gag me!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/05 at 2:06 am

A hungry one of these looking at me!
http://www.komodotours.com/images/komodo-dragon.gif
But since I'm not planning to tramp around the wilds of Komodo Island
any time soon, I don't get too worked up about it. 
:)

Written By: TarzSp on 11/13/05 at 2:25 am

How about a Camel Spider? (Found mostly in Iraq and Afghanistan)

These things are as big as a stereo

http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/camel-spider.jpg
http://missick.blogs.com/photos/121804/camelspider.JPG
http://www.faunaimportuk.com/images/inverts/windspider3250.jpg

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/13/05 at 2:30 am

And here I am getting myself worked up over seeing one of these:  :o

(The most poisonous spider in New Zealand - The white tail):
http://www.targetpest.co.nz/whitetailed_350.jpeg

Written By: IanWinn on 11/13/05 at 2:48 am

anyone spooked by grody, slimy SNAILS?

http://www.boingboing.net/images/snail.jpg

gawd! gag me!

Earthworm Jim (EJ) (at the Enchanted Snail Petting Zoo):  Aren't we a good snail?  Yes, we are a good snail, aren't we?

Peter Puppy (PP) screaming as giant snails glom onto him

EJ:  I think they like you, Peter...

PP:  (screaming in agony) They're devouring my FLESH!!!

EJ:  Well, that just about proves it!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/05 at 3:28 am

http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/camel-spider.jpg
http://missick.blogs.com/photos/121804/camelspider.JPG
http://www.faunaimportuk.com/images/inverts/windspider3250.jpg

The camel spider is a very big solifugae, an arachnid, but not a true spider.  The camel spider in that pic is photographed to appear deceptively large.  Your eye focuses on the critter itself, and the soldier standing in the background, but look at the sleeve of the man holding the bug up to the camera, it is proportionally quite large. 
Thanks again to Snops.com, more here--
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

Written By: TarzSp on 11/13/05 at 4:34 am

The camel spider is a very big solifugae, an arachnid, but not a true spider.  The camel spider in that pic is photographed to appear deceptively large.  Your eye focuses on the critter itself, and the soldier standing in the background, but look at the sleeve of the man holding the bug up to the camera, it is proportionally quite large. 
Thanks again to Snops.com, more here--
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

Party Pooper  :P

Written By: Southern Image on 11/21/05 at 5:41 pm

Crazy people

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/21/05 at 8:17 pm

Crazy people

Normal people.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/22/05 at 12:31 pm

The ghost of Sam, the late World's Ugliest Canine!

Written By: Southern Image on 11/22/05 at 6:01 pm

Normal people.

Normal people who are crazy  :D

Written By: Skippy on 11/22/05 at 9:14 pm

Idiots who truly believe they're smart.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/05 at 10:19 pm

ya, especially ones who miss the whole point of things and get off calling names and acting like an ass. >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/22/05 at 10:47 pm

Smart people who act like total idiots!  I sometimes see one of these guys shaving in my bathroom mirror!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-088.gif

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/05 at 10:53 pm

U know what really scares me?  Oprah Winfrey w/out Make-up.  She looks quite scary  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/22/05 at 11:00 pm

U know what really scares me?

Check for new replies or respond here...