inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: teen basketball player HUMILIATED by coach....

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/06/04 at 5:41 pm

>:(Did any of you hear about the school basketball coach from Pleasantville NJ who awarded a member of his team a CRYBABY trophy? This so-called coach actually gave the kid this dubious honor at a MAJOR school sports awards ceremony,in front of a large gathering. He said the kid was a whiner! "Coach" even PURPOSELY misspelled the kid's name! And they're letting this LOSER "coach" keep his TEACHING job?(He no longer coaches needless to say!)

Subject: Re: teen basketball player HUMILIATED by coach....

Written By: BUNNY on 05/06/04 at 5:58 pm

Yes I HEARD about the coach that humiliated his player and if you did what he did
you won't be coaching my squad.

Written By: gamblefish on 05/06/04 at 6:42 pm

What's the whole story? Any details?

Maybe the kid deserved it...

Maybe all these professional sports "stars" who whine about their salary (in the millions!!) or whine that they can't pitch a whole game lest they (gasp) injure themselves ought to get one too...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/06/04 at 6:43 pm

What's the whole story? Any details?

Maybe the kid deserved it...

Maybe all these professional sports "stars" who whine about their salary (in the millions!!) or whine that they can't pitch a whole game lest they (gasp) injure themselves ought to get one too...

I wouldn't mind if they did this for pro sports stars, but this is a high school kid...just not appropriate.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 7:25 pm

Humiliation is humiliation...at any level it's mean. Stupid "Coach" should be fired....and they wonder why kids get so pissed these days :-\\

Written By: annonymouse on 09/27/05 at 8:14 am

i wana hear more about the kid. im sure he deserved it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/27/05 at 8:39 am

The coach should be fired....  ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/27/05 at 10:18 am

Humiliation is humiliation...at any level it's mean. Stupid "Coach" should be fired....and they wonder why kids get so pissed these days :-\\

Couldn't have said it better myself, Mark. ;)

While I don't know the full story -- so I can't really judge all the way yet -- the simple answer is, two wrongs don't make a right, IMO.

I mean, let's just assume the player really was a whiner and a punk, whatever, still that doesn't make it right. As the authority figure, the coach should be a little more mature himself.

Acting like "Buzzcut" might be funny on Beavis & Butthead, but not in real life!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/27/05 at 9:11 pm

This kid did NOT deserve it. Anyway, the coach was acting unprofessional by humiliating the kid.
Yes I HEARD about the coach that humiliated his player and if you did what he did
you won't be coaching my squad.
He was coaching at the worst school in my area...Pleasantville High School. The staff at PHS don't take their jobs seriously...those kids don't do well on State tests, and it's not all the kids' fault,believe me. A lot of high schoolers here go to Holy Spirit High School or a charter school like ChARTer-TECH(that's what the school's logo looks like)...

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/05 at 11:03 pm

no kid deserves to be humiliated by his coach.  They should fire the coach without question

Check for new replies or respond here...