inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 'Friends' Finale

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/06/04 at 11:08 pm

"How you doin'?!" :)

Subject: Re: 'Friends' Finale

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 11:13 pm

I know how you feel about that show Indy, but I loved it :)

Written By: 80sRocked on 05/06/04 at 11:16 pm

YAAAAY its finally over. :D

Written By: Jessica on 05/06/04 at 11:18 pm

YAAAAY its finally over. :D

Ditto. ;D

Tshirt Hell has an excellent shirt for it:

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a310/a310.gif

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/07/04 at 8:57 am

Really could never stand the show  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 10:50 am

Hey, nobody was forced to watch it ;)

Written By: Jessica on 05/07/04 at 10:53 am

Hey, nobody was forced to watch it ;)

Didn't matter if you were forced or not. That stupid show got more news coverage than anything else I know of. I swear, you'd think it was the second coming of Christ or something the way people carried on about it ending. It was a SHOW....with butt ugly people, IMO. ;D

And I am rejoicing that it is over. :D

Written By: woops on 05/07/04 at 11:45 am

Didn't watch it.

Though I thought it was already cancelled.  :-\\

Written By: elodie on 05/07/04 at 11:45 am

...did it bother anyone else that

a.) Chandler and Monica brought the babies home like, 2 hours after they were born?

and

b.) They left the babies in Monica's apartment, with the door closed, while they were in Joey's apartment, with the door closed, breaking up the foosball table

c.) Ross didn't once say he didn't want EMMA to be gone, either?

d.) we haven't seen his son, Ben, in like, what, a season?

e.) Ben and Emma never met

f.) Rachel ALWAYS left Emma alone in the apartment

?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 11:56 am

Didn't matter if you were forced or not. That stupid show got more news coverage than anything else I know of. I swear, you'd think it was the second coming of Christ or something the way people carried on about it ending. It was a SHOW....with butt ugly people, IMO. ;D

Okay, okay! 8)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/07/04 at 12:01 pm

All good points. In fact, where WAS Emma? I know that Ben was with his mothers, Carol and Susan.

a.) Chandler and Monica brought the babies home like, 2 hours after they were born?

and

b.) They left the babies in Monica's apartment, with the door closed, while they were in Joey's apartment, with the door closed, breaking up the foosball table

?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 12:13 pm

I liked the characters...but I will NOT be watching next season as "Joey" debuts ::)

Written By: nally on 05/07/04 at 12:18 pm

I actually watched only the last 5 minutes of it.

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/07/04 at 12:30 pm

Yeah, I didn't watch it, I had other things to watch, like "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels".

Great movie by the way, if you haven't seen it, watch it!!

Rio

Written By: resinchaser on 05/07/04 at 12:32 pm

I was so excited that I turned off all of my phones. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen with Ross and Rachel. After days of hearing nothing but "Will they or won't they" on the news and radio, there was no way I was gonna miss this.

CLICK! I think there's a basketball game on somewhere.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/07/04 at 1:05 pm

I second that, RockandRollFan. The previews weren't too funny. (Or maybe they're saving the funny parts for the premiere, which I doubt.)
I liked the characters...but I will NOT be watching next season as "Joey" debuts ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 2:17 pm

I second that, RockandRollFan. The previews weren't too funny. (Or maybe they're saving the funny parts for the premiere, which I doubt.)

Probably right, IndyGent :P

Written By: FanOfTheMonkees on 05/07/04 at 2:41 pm

I just love the show and I am really sad that it is over. I didn't agree with anything you all said on here but you can have your own opinion, so, oh well.

Written By: onaree on 05/07/04 at 3:12 pm

and

?

It's sort of strange, but I was thinking the same things.  In a way I felt sort of let down because of the ending.  I wanted it to be a little more than it was.  I am sad it's over though.  I thought Chandler's jokes were great. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 4:39 pm

It's sort of strange, but I was thinking the same things.  In a way I felt sort of let down because of the ending.  I wanted it to be a little more than it was.  I am sad it's over though.  I thought Chandler's jokes were great. 
You mean I'm not entirely alone in that I really enjoyed the series  ??? :)

Written By: Rush on 05/07/04 at 6:07 pm

I've never watched it and never really understood the fuss over it.  Especially with the stories on the news about if it is the end of sit-coms now that it is over!!! Sit-coms have survived just fine since Cheers, Happy Days etc finished.

Written By: 80sRocked on 05/07/04 at 6:23 pm

I've never watched it and never really understood the fuss over it. 

I agree!

If anyone is as upset as all the hype would suggest, all they have to do is catch it one of the 50,000 TV channels that rerun it 50 times/night. :P

Personally I would rather watch paint dry, but thats just me. :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/07/04 at 6:29 pm

Jess had a good point Mark - I felt like I was watching whether I tuned in or not  :(

Written By: AL-B on 05/07/04 at 7:07 pm

You're all gonna think I'm nuts but I never really watched Friends. I always passed it off as a "chick show." So I watched the final episode and I liked it, so much that I'm looking forward to watching all the reruns for the next several years, especially since they'll all be fresh to me.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/07/04 at 7:17 pm

All good points. In fact, where WAS Emma? I know that Ben was with his mothers, Carol and Susan.

I wondered that myself.  My boss said Rachel's mom was taking care of her while Rach got set up in Paris then Emma was going there.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/07/04 at 7:18 pm

Hey, I enjoyed the series, just not the "whole" series. ;)

You mean I'm not entirely alone in that I really enjoyed the series  ??? :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 11:43 pm

Hey, I enjoyed the series, just not the "whole" series. ;)

Thanks for your honesty and kindness, IndyGent :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/08/04 at 10:16 am

I wasn't too bothered about the whole thing but I did like the raport between Joey and Chandler - well played.

Written By: Koop on 05/08/04 at 10:56 am

I saw the last 30 minutes of it.  I used to love the show, but stopped about a year after Monica and Chandler hooked up. (but before they got married)  To me, it wasn't as good after that.

I thought that the whole Joey/Chandler/Duck/Chick/Foosball thing was pretty funny.  I always thought the whole duck/chick thing was pretty funny anyway. (like the episode where Rachel dated the guy that was afraid of farm birds.  ;D)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/08/04 at 5:58 pm

I just love the show and I am really sad that it is over. I didn't agree with anything you all said on here but you can have your own opinion, so, oh well.
Hey FanOfTheMonkees, not everyone disagreed with you ;)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/09/04 at 10:05 pm

I recorded it, because we were going out for the evening. But I didn't tape the whole episode! I thought it was an hour long!  :\'( So I never saw how it ended! :-\\

Oh well, I'll just get the DVD. ;) ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/25/04 at 4:25 pm

They left the babies in Monica's apartment, with the door closed, while they were in Joey's apartment, with the door closed, breaking up the foosball table

Rachel ALWAYS left Emma alone in the apartment

I know this is way old but it was bugging me.  I guess only a mother would catch this but when Monica came over to Joey's she had a baby monitor in her hand.  Also, same thing when Rachel would leave Emma in the apartment next door...she always had the monitor.    ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/25/04 at 6:23 pm

I know this is way old but it was bugging me.  I guess only a mother would catch this but when Monica came over to Joey's she had a baby monitor in her hand.  Also, same thing when Rachel would leave Emma in the apartment next door...she always had the monitor.    ;)
Hey, that bothered me as well...but by bringing this thread back up....Indy Gent will have the biggest problem since he hated that show :-\\  :-X

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/26/04 at 2:19 am

Who said I hated the show? I just didn't like the finale that much. It wasn't bad, but it could have been better. I would have rather not have a Joey spinoff, though.
You're not trying to get back at me for hating "Melrose Place", aryou, Rock!?? ;)

Hey, that bothered me as well...but by bringing this thread back up....Indy Gent will have the biggest problem since he hated that show :-\\  :-X

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/04 at 3:06 pm

Who said I hated the show? I just didn't like the finale that much. It wasn't bad, but it could have been better. I would have rather not have a Joey spinoff, though.
You're not trying to get back at me for hating "Melrose Place", aryou, Rock!?? ;)

Not at all, Indy! And I couldn't agree with you more about "Joey"  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...