inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Marriage Proposal on Survivor

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/10/04 at 9:52 pm

I'm not a fan of the show "Survivor", so I'll make this short. Amber won the competition, runner up Boston Rob proposed to her and she accepted, and Jerri was reduced to tears by Rob's "treachery" (which she had practiced on her first "Survior" in Australia), and was booed offstage.  :-X 

Subject: Re: Marriage Proposal on Survivor

Written By: Dagwood on 05/10/04 at 9:57 pm

I thought it was a great reunion show.  Very lively.  I could have done without the proposal, though...that was a little much.

Written By: bj26 on 05/11/04 at 10:49 am

I'm still wondering if Rob is smart, dumb, for real, working the system or just surviving  He played the game and survived even though he lost, he proposed to the winner and now he's a winner too. To get there, he stepped on others, but they were doing the same thing in their own games. I'm trying to come to terms whether the Survivor show is a reflection of life.

Written By: Marian on 05/11/04 at 2:47 pm

I'm still wondering if Rob is smart, dumb, for real, working the system or just surviving  He played the game and survived even though he lost, he proposed to the winner and now he's a winner too. To get there, he stepped on others, but they were doing the same thing in their own games. I'm trying to come to terms whether the Survivor show is a reflection of life.
:DI'm sure Rob is smart in "real life'because he is a police officer.His scheming got too predictable,however--was he really outwitting everyone,or was it his ability to get people on his side?I think Shii Ann felt he was too obvious;otherwise she might have voted for him.The collective decision to eliminate the members of the other original tribes was to Rob's and Amber's advantage.Cheers!

Written By: SmithsGirl on 05/11/04 at 4:21 pm

:DI'm sure Rob is smart in "real life'because he is a police officer.

Rob Mariano? No..he is a construction worker with a psychology degree. Not a police officer.

SmithsGirl

Written By: Dagwood on 05/11/04 at 6:57 pm

Rob Mariano? No..he is a construction worker with a psychology degree. Not a police officer.

SmithsGirl

Ken from season 5 (I think it was 5 anyway, it could have been 6 though) was the police officer.

Written By: Marian on 05/11/04 at 9:10 pm

SmithsGirl
:o :o :oReally?maybe I'm getting him confused with someone else.But being a construction worker can require agility,I'll give you that1Cheers!

Written By: bj26 on 05/12/04 at 7:03 am

:DI'm sure Rob is smart in "real life'because he is a police officer
  I know a some cops who say they weren't smart to become cops.  Anyway, Rob isn't a cop and I question his intelligence. Nevertheless, he's potentially going to get a lot of money, a lot more than me, but I'm not that smart either.  Way I see it is, as long as we're buying, then Amber and Rob are selling.  They have a good act going, and it'll make them plenty of money, and I think they're smart in that respect.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/12/04 at 10:41 am

Rob really isn't as smart as he is cunning and sneaky. He almost got both the win and his honey. I don't care for what he did. But then again, this game isn't about ethics. ::)

I know a some cops who say they weren't smart to become cops.  Anyway, Rob isn't a cop and I question his intelligence. Nevertheless, he's potentially going to get a lot of money, a lot more than me, but I'm not that smart either.  Way I see it is, as long as we're buying, then Amber and Rob are selling.  They have a good act going, and it'll make them plenty of money, and I think they're smart in that respect.

Written By: Marian on 05/12/04 at 7:49 pm

Rob really isn't as smart as he is cunning and sneaky. He almost got both the win and his honey. I don't care for what he did. But then again, this game isn't about ethics. ::)

??? :oHow sneaky is he really,though?Shii Ann figured him out,but the numbers were against her.Cheers!

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/04 at 6:55 pm

I used to live in Beaver, Pennsylvania, the hometown of Amber Brkich, super-hot Survivor Babe.  They even named a street after her, Brkich Avenue.

The local newspaper, the Beaver County Times has been just LOADED with news bits and photos of Her Amberness all this week.

She's done alot of charity work in Beaver since her first Survivor appearance, and so has a great reputation.

Congrats Amber!  :)

...and get a prenup to protect your million $$ from Boston Rob.  :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/13/04 at 7:09 pm

I was going to print a joke about Beaver, Pennsylvania, but discretion got the better of me. :o
I used to live in Beaver, Pennsylvania, the hometown of Amber Brkich, super-hot Survivor Babe.  They even named a street after her, Brkich Avenue.

The local newspaper, the Beaver County Times has been just LOADED with news bits and photos of Her Amberness all this week.

She's done alot of charity work in Beaver since her first Survivor appearance, and so has a great reputation.

Congrats Amber!  :)

...and get a prenup to protect your million $$ from Boston Rob.  :D

Written By: Marian on 05/13/04 at 7:46 pm

8)Remember,tonught you get to vote (if you want0on what other Survivor gets a million dollars.Tell me who you votreed for you if you did.Cheers!

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/04 at 8:17 pm

I was going to print a joke about Beaver, Pennsylvania, but discretion got the better of me. :o

You can't tell any jokes that I haven't already heard.  In addition to its county seat, Beaver, the county also boasts the municipalities of:

-Beaver Falls (home of Joe Namath)
-Big Beaver Township
-Western Beaver Boro

In college I had a buddy who flew airplanes and occasionally flew people for hire.  One weekend he flew a few local ladies down to Georgia for a beauty pageant.  When he got out of the plane with all of these babes, one of the guys on the tarmac asked "Hey buddy, where did all these hot ladies come from?".  My buddy said "You're never going to believe me, but I flew them in from Beaver County, Pennsylvania!".

He LOVED telling that story.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/04 at 8:19 pm

8)Remember,tonught you get to vote (if you want0on what other Survivor gets a million dollars.Tell me who you votreed for you if you did.Cheers!

I voted for jenna Lewis.  She's the HOTTEST of all the survivors !  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...