inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fave Soap Opera

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/11/04 at 8:13 pm

:D Hey all you soap fans,which show do you watch and why?

Subject: Re: Fave Soap Opera

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/11/04 at 8:18 pm

General Hospital,coz I have the hots for SONNY CORINTHOS!! Played by Maurice Benard!!

Written By: Marian on 05/11/04 at 9:15 pm

:DI like days,though I'm wondering if they;ve jumped the shark,if that's possible on a soap.Cheers!

Written By: scarletgail on 05/11/04 at 11:18 pm

I watch Y&R, one life to live, all my children, and GH but i voted for One life to live cuz i've watched it since day 1 and it's always steady, i think anyway :)

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/12/04 at 6:46 am

General Hospital,coz I have the hots for SONNY CORINTHOS!! Played by Maurice Benard!!

General Hospital!  Yeah, Sonny is cute, but Lorenzo Alcazar is gorgeous!

Written By: Cheetara on 05/12/04 at 10:50 am

I love all of ABC Soaps but my favorite one is:  ONE LIFE TO LIVE

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/04 at 9:58 am

Yes...I watch soaps and I'm a GUY!  (See 1980s) for this same thread....anyway, I chose GH followed by One Life.  I used to love Days back in the 80's but now they've gone bonkers :D Does anybody else think that it's ridiculous how "Passions" continues to stay on the air when, IMHO, a MUCH BETTER soap, "Port Charles" got cancelled >:(

Written By: scarletgail on 05/13/04 at 10:03 am

Yes...I watch soaps and I'm a GUY!  (See 1980s) for this same thread....anyway, I chose GH followed by One Life.  I used to love Days back in the 80's but now they've gone bonkers :D Does anybody else think that it's ridiculous how "Passions" continues to stay on the air when, IMHO, a MUCH BETTER soap, "Port Charles" got cancelled >:(
Passions is still on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg  :o that's just wrong on so many levels

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/13/04 at 10:53 am

I watch General Hospital and One Life to Live but I was soooo upset when they cancelled my favorite, Port Charles.  :\'( :\'(  Since they cancelled it, I haven't been watching the other two as much. I would love for them to bring back Port Charles. Also, if per chance anyone has the music they played on Port Charles, I would love to get a copy (hint, hint)

Cat

Written By: SuperFreak on 05/13/04 at 10:57 am

I have always liked One Life To Live but my recent favorite (Port Charles) is now a part of Soap history. I also used to love The Edge Of Night :)

Written By: Cheetara on 05/13/04 at 11:34 am

Dang!  You mentioned "The Edge of The Night".  Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  That's going back in time.  I loved that soap.  :D

Written By: Cheetara on 05/13/04 at 11:39 am

My favorite soap couples:

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Bo and Hope
Steve and Kayla
Jennifer and Jack
Kimberly and Shane

GENERAL HOSPITAL
Frisco and Felicia #1
Robert and Anna
Bobbie and Tony
Sean and Tiffany

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

Max and Gabrielle
Tina and Cord
Asa and Renee
Bo and Nora

ALL MY CHILDREN
Erica and Demitri
Erica and Jack
Edmund and Maria
Tad and Hillary
Jesse and Angie
Natalie and Jeremy

Written By: SuperFreak on 05/13/04 at 11:53 am

Dang!  You mentioned "The Edge of The Night".  Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  That's going back in time.  I loved that soap.  :D
remember Raven?

Written By: conker on 05/13/04 at 12:58 pm

How come no one's mentioned 'the Street?  Nothing finer than 2 hours of repeats on Sunday morning with the gang down at the Rover's Return.
No beautiful people, no evil twins, just pint drinkin', dead end job working regular folks.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/04 at 1:05 pm

My favorite soap couples:

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Jennifer and Jack

I didn't much care for the original couple but when the original Melissa left I liked her replacement much better....never cared much for Jack though :-\\

Written By: Cheetara on 05/13/04 at 2:10 pm

remember Raven?

Raven?  Hmmm... I can't say that I do.  Come to think of it...I can't remember any of the characters names for some odd reason.  I remember I couldn't wait to see the show when it aired. 

Does anyone remember Ryan's Hope , Generations and Search For Tomorrow

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/04 at 3:35 pm

Raven?  Hmmm... I can't say that I do.  Come to think of it...I can't remember any of the characters names for some odd reason.  I remember I couldn't wait to see the show when it aired. 

Sharon Gabet played Raven.....http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/10/3/46-13777.jpg
Terry Davis played April Cavanaugh......and that her husband was Draper....Lori Loughlin was also on it. .that is about all I remember ::)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/13/04 at 5:33 pm

General Hospital!  Yeah, Sonny is cute, but Lorenzo Alcazar is gorgeous!

I think there both nice looking.

Written By: nally on 05/13/04 at 5:45 pm

My parents have been watching "All My Children" for as long as I can remember.

Written By: StarskyHutch76 on 05/13/04 at 6:11 pm

General Hospital

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/13/04 at 7:55 pm

Maybe'Sonny Corinthos' could put a contract out on the writers for PASSIONS!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/13/04 at 7:57 pm

:DJust KIDDING,folks! :D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/14/04 at 3:23 pm

I used to like Passions. That was untill they got stupid.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/14/04 at 5:21 pm

Did anyone get my "Sonny Corinthos" joke?It is a stab at humor. There was a time when "Passions" was kinda cool-when TIMMY was on the show. Sadly,the actor who portrayed him passed away.

Written By: SmithsGirl on 05/14/04 at 6:09 pm

I have watched Days and Y&R since I can remember.

SmithsGirl

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/14/04 at 8:28 pm

I do realize that you were joking but one can dream can't they ;)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/16/04 at 8:59 pm

Days, Young and restless, and all my children

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/17/04 at 5:19 am

8)I think Sonny and Carly Corinthos are a cool soap opera couple! In real life Maurice Benard is married to a gal named Paula and has two young daughters as well as a menagerie of pets!! :D

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/17/04 at 6:57 am

I remember Search for Tomorrow.  I used to love that show.  My mom had watched it for years and I got hooked over summer vacation one year.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/17/04 at 8:57 am

How about "Love Of Life"-"The Doctors"-"Somerset"....."Loving"-"Texas"... ???

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/17/04 at 9:15 am

I remember them too.  At some point my mom watched almost all of 'em, and I remember seeing them as a kid if I was home from school.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/17/04 at 9:19 am

I remember them too.  At some point my mom watched almost all of 'em, and I remember seeing them as a kid if I was home from school.
Same for me, pennsygirl ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/17/04 at 6:00 pm

I remember "The Doctors",the show's slogan was'dedicated to the brotherhood of healing'."Somerset" was a spinoff of "Another World"but nowhere near as good-or all that popular! There was also "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing" on CBS!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/17/04 at 6:04 pm

There was also "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing" on CBS!
I forgot about that one, Tony20fan4ever ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/17/04 at 7:57 pm

How about None of the Above? I used to watch DOOL with mom sometimes. But now that they've killed off most of the old cast, I don't even want to see it when I'm channel surfing.

Written By: Marian on 05/17/04 at 8:28 pm

How about None of the Above? I used to watch DOOL with mom sometimes. But now that they've killed off most of the old cast, I don't even want to see it when I'm channel surfing.
It does look like they've jumped the shark!I wonder what thed twist is ging to be,though.Cheers! ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/18/04 at 6:40 am

I also remember Love is a Many Splendored Thing.  And in case you're wondering, since I seem to remember every soap opera ever known to man, no, my mom did not sit in front of the TV and watch every soap opera all day!  ;D  She used to have the TV on while she was doing everything she did around the house.  I used to watch them when I was home.

Was Love is a Many Splendored Thing the one that used to have that 1950's inspired organ music as the opening music?  I don't quite remember.

Written By: ! on 06/03/04 at 5:12 pm

One Life To Live! Jesus H.! Natalie Buchanan is HAWT!

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/26/08 at 10:02 am

My Mom watched Love of Life anyone remember that one?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/08 at 10:56 am

My Mom watched Love of Life anyone remember that one?

I remember it but never watched it.

Cat

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/26/08 at 12:15 pm

I remember it but never watched it.

Cat

I was an All my Chil fan and OLTL for years, back when they were on on for 30 mins and followed by Dark Shadows, but stopped watching about 6 years ago. The story lines got so repetitive. I loved Patrick Thornheart :-* and hated Martie Saybrook for running away with him. >:(
I think they brought them both back but he is on AMC in a different role.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/08 at 3:57 pm

I was an All my Chil fan and OLTL for years, back when they were on on for 30 mins and followed by Dark Shadows, but stopped watching about 6 years ago. The story lines got so repetitive. I loved Patrick Thornheart :-* and hated Martie Saybrook for running away with him. >:(
I think they brought them both back but he is on AMC in a different role.

Never got into AMC. Oh man, Dark Shadows. I LOVE Barnabas Collins. Have a few episodes on VHS.

I, too love Patrick Thornheart but I think he was great with Marty. (They are married in real life). I also loved Thorsten Kaye as Patrick's brother Ian on Port Charles. I have "Patrick's Notebook" which is a bunch of poetry "Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny, I am looped in the loops of her hair". It includes a cassette tape of Thorsten Kaye reciting poetry-include some of his own.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D9FJE0J7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I also have "Robin's Diary" from GH. I have a bunch of CDS-1 from OLTL, 1 from GH, & 1 from PC. I'm sure Snoz can tell you about them.  ;)

BTW, I also remember when they were only half hour shows and then they went to 45 minutes for a short time before being extended to an hour.

Cat

Written By: midnite on 08/26/08 at 6:52 pm

I dont watch soaps, but when i was young my mom watched General Hospital.  I kinda liked it because of the whole mafia aspect.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/08 at 11:33 pm

General Horsepiddle

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/27/08 at 12:11 am

Never got into AMC. Oh man, Dark Shadows. I LOVE Barnabas Collins. Have a few episodes on VHS.

I, too love Patrick Thornheart but I think he was great with Marty. (They are married in real life). I also loved Thorsten Kaye as Patrick's brother Ian on Port Charles. I have "Patrick's Notebook" which is a bunch of poetry "Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny, I am looped in the loops of her hair". It includes a cassette tape of Thorsten Kaye reciting poetry-include some of his own.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D9FJE0J7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I also have "Robin's Diary" from GH. I have a bunch of CDS-1 from OLTL, 1 from GH, & 1 from PC. I'm sure Snoz can tell you about them.  ;)

Ah man married in  real life now I really hate her LOl. I loved Patricks poetry. I would love to hear it I wonder if it is on you tube. I am a sucker for a british or Irish accent anyway...
Now Dark Shadows two words Quentin Collins..... Ah

BTW, I also remember when they were only half hour shows and then they went to 45 minutes for a short time before being extended to an hour.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 08/27/08 at 12:14 am

What? Nobody's mentioned As The World Turns yet...? ??? Let me be the first.

Been watching it on and off for the past decades, mostly because my brother watches it. It's weird, though...we're trailing US by about 18 months. :o Did you know that ATWT is shown in only three countries worldwide currently?

BTW: Most of the soaps mentioned never aired over here.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/08 at 11:17 am

What? Nobody's mentioned As The World Turns yet...? ??? Let me be the first.

Been watching it on and off for the past decades, mostly because my brother watches it. It's weird, though...we're trailing US by about 18 months. :o Did you know that ATWT is shown in only three countries worldwide currently?

BTW: Most of the soaps mentioned never aired over here.

Most soaps are pretty much like the next-with a few exceptions.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...