inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst TV Show of the Present

Written By: woops on 05/17/04 at 5:27 pm

My choice:  All of the Above!!!  :P

Still waiting for the downfall of the reality tv genre.

Subject: Re: Worst TV Show of the Present

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/17/04 at 7:55 pm

Fear Factor :P

Written By: AL-B on 05/17/04 at 8:16 pm

All of the above. Every time a new stupid reality show comes out (Fox seems to be the worst offender), I can't help but think that there's a conspiracy to make America dumber and dumber until we're too stupid to defend ourselves and we can be conquered.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/17/04 at 9:31 pm

THE APPRENTICE
Down with The Donald!

Written By: Jessica on 05/17/04 at 9:55 pm

Other- All of the above, EXCEPT Sponge Bob.

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/18/04 at 2:23 am

Other- All of the above, EXCEPT Sponge Bob.

Ditto here, c'mon people how can you NOT like Spongebob? It not all written for kids (pay closer attention to the dialog, you'll see). ;)

Written By: Lanie on 05/18/04 at 3:35 am

I would have voted all of the above but I LOVE Smallville so I voted for "Simple Life". :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/18/04 at 4:43 am

:-X ???Why did SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS make some people's WORST lists? I think it's funny,unlike stupid stuff like "Beyblade","Power Rangers",and "Yu-Gi-Oh",which are just kiddie INFOMERCIALS!!

Written By: Marian on 05/18/04 at 1:38 pm

I guess you must've missed the thousands of SpongeBob products at the stores.

;D ;DOn Jay Len'o's headlines,someone submitted an ad for a Spongebob costume for dogs,complete with goofy mask.Cheers!

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/18/04 at 2:02 pm

All of the  above

Written By: Cheetara on 05/18/04 at 4:31 pm

Simple Life
Can someone give Paris and Nicole an anonymous slap already?!  Ugggh! :-\\ ::)

Written By: Bobby on 05/18/04 at 5:37 pm

SpongeBob Squarepants is pretty cool (I don't mind the King of Queens either).

The worst TV show in my mind is the one that's been going on for almost 20 years - Eastenders.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/04 at 5:41 pm

Spongebob Squarepants blows, but I'd take him over The Donald any day.  In fact, If I had the power, I'd replace The Donald with Spongebob on The Apprentice!
:D

Written By: woops on 05/18/04 at 6:30 pm

I find SpongeBob very annoying & most of the jokes, especially the 'hidden adult' jokes, are too cheesy & dumb.
And is one of the most overhyped 'toon of all time.

Also with "My Life as a Teenage Robot" & "The Proud Family". I miss the good ol' days of "Ren & Stimpy".

BTW, I used to like Power Rangers back in the early '90's (1993/1994).  :D And not afraid to admit it.

Written By: mr.smith s on 05/18/04 at 6:50 pm

Spongebob Squarepants blows, but I'd take him over The Donald any day.  In fact, If I had the power, I'd replace The Donald with Spongebob on The Apprentice!
:D

I think you have something here.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/04 at 6:51 pm

I find SpongeBob very annoying & most of the jokes, especially the 'hidden adult' jokes, are too cheesy & dumb.

Even my little nieces, ages 4 and 5, hate Spongebob!

REN & STIMPY
You said it!  If they brought back Duckman I'd be in heaven, but I'm sure they couldn't get Jason Alexander to do the gig, that's the drawback of getting a major celebrity for your voiceovers.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/18/04 at 7:26 pm

anything on the FARCE(Fox)NEWS CHANNEL!! Those right-wing mouthpieces have NO journalistic integrity-or FAIRNESS-at all! They should call it"PROPAGANDA,UNFAIR and UNBALANCED!"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/04 at 10:10 pm

anything on the FARCE(Fox)NEWS CHANNEL!! Those right-wing mouthpieces have NO journalistic integrity-or FAIRNESS-at all! They should call it"PROPAGANDA,UNFAIR and UNBALANCED!"

Uh oh, sounds like we may hear again from you know who!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/04 at 10:58 pm

All of the above...EXCEPT "Everybody Loves Raymond" ;)

Written By: Tbullsr on 05/19/04 at 4:55 pm

All of those so called 'Reallity' Shows. Those people will do anything for attention. Pathetic!

Tim
RATT-n-ROLL

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/19/04 at 5:04 pm

All of those so called 'Reallity' Shows. Those people will do anything for attention. Pathetic!

Tim
RATT-n-ROLL

I agree.  And with the fox news comment above?  What is a better news channel?  Please don't say CNN because they go more far left then fox news does right.  Poor old news...must be so hard to be more watched then CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC combined....

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/19/04 at 5:06 pm

Also with "My Life as a Teenage Robot" & "The Proud Family". I miss the good ol' days of "Ren & Stimpy".

BTW, I used to like Power Rangers back in the early '90's (1993/1994).  :D And not afraid to admit it.

I have no idea what ''My life as a teenage robot'' is (sounds like crap), but YES.  THANK YOU!!!!  ''The proud family'' and that other disney cartoon thats comes on not to long before it (don't know the name) that my brother's daughter forces me to watch!!!!

Written By: SuperFreak on 05/19/04 at 5:22 pm

I can't stand a lot of these shows, but most of all "Survivor"  :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/20/04 at 5:37 pm

I agree.  And with the fox news comment above?  What is a better news channel?  Please don't say CNN because they go more far left then fox news does right.  Poor old news...must be so hard to be more watched then CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC combined....
And you'd probably vote for RUSH LIMBAUGH if he ever ran for President!! If El Rushbo had his way,women's rights would be set back 100 years,and the poor would live in 'Hooverville"s(no I don't mean the vacuum company I'm talking about the President who got us into the DEPRESSION!)

Written By: tv on 05/23/04 at 2:17 am

I used to be a big TV fan in the 80's growing up and used to be a TGIF fan up until ABC stopped TGIF in 1996-1997. TV has just gotten worse and too watered down since then. I have seen "The Apprentice" and I actually do like it. I have seen "Without A Trace" and "CSI Miami" and I like those 2 shows too. As for reality shows who can actually watch "Fear Factor" and people eating bugs? Its god awful terrible. I hear older people talking about "Survivor" and "The Bachelorette" at the place I work at sometmies. These people are anywhere from 10-30 years older than I am and they actually watch this stuff? I can't believe it.

Written By: Fred on 05/23/04 at 2:54 am

Spongebob Rules!!

Written By: Satish on 05/23/04 at 10:47 am

What?????? I can't believe that "Nip/Tuck" is on that list. It's probably the BEST show on tv. And " Will and Grace" is really good, too.

I agree with all those reality shows being on the list, though. I hate those too.

Written By: My name is Kenny on 05/23/04 at 11:18 am

Will and Grace embodies everything bad about sitcoms.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/23/04 at 12:25 pm

Will and Grace embodies everything bad about sitcoms.

THANK YOU!!!  What a horrible show, and thats why it got my vote.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/04 at 6:50 pm

The King of Queens.

If I see that oil change chick one more time I'm gonna blow chunks.

Written By: fffff on 05/25/04 at 11:15 am

I actually enjoy watching Survivor. I thought the last three Survivors were very entertaining.

Written By: Kitten on 05/25/04 at 3:07 pm

Everybody Loves Raymond, I hate this show so much. the characters are sooooooo unbelievable. Debrah would have left him a Long time ago if the mother in law was really that bad.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/25/04 at 9:04 pm

Dumb 'fad' cartoons like BEYBLADE! What's so cool about whirling tops fighting each other? A lot of today's cartoons don't treat kids as intelligent beings!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/26/04 at 7:49 am

Bachelor/Bachelorette

Written By: hoogbest on 06/03/04 at 7:57 am

From what I read it looks like most of the real bad ones have been cancelled HOWEVER I'm concerned as to what the networks will throw at us as replacements. ::)

Written By: Kyle on 07/31/04 at 5:43 pm

How about Barney and Telletubbies?  They suck!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/31/04 at 5:59 pm

With the exception of Spongebob (for the sake of my young son who loves him), I will say 99% of them suck!!!

Tanya

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/31/04 at 6:16 pm

The JERRY SPRINGER Show!!

Written By: Bobby on 07/31/04 at 6:29 pm

I voted Will and Grace. I may have caught this at wrong intervals but the show seems to have a breast fixation.

I don't mind 'The King of Queens' (though the idea of that sexy woman being hitched with Kevin James is a little far fetched) or 'Everybody loves Raymond' (though I get the feeling it is attempting a Seinfeld type of sitcom).

Check for new replies or respond here...