inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TROY

Written By: Cheetara on 05/18/04 at 4:59 pm

I just saw this movie and I enjoyed it...especially the "eye candy".  I will definitely get this on DVD to add to my cinematic collection.  What did you guys think of this newfound epic?

Brad Pitt
Eric Bana  (he reminded me of Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode during early 90s)
Orlando Bloom

Who is the young guy who played Achilles cousin?  He looked like some young male model who just stepped out HOT magazine.  lol    ;D 8)

Subject: Re: TROY

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/22/04 at 11:42 pm

I havent seen it yet.  Its a dilemma for me !

I have followed Eric Bana's career here since he was a stand up comedian in the mid 90s so I really want to see him in such a huge movie.

BUT

I absolutely despise Pitthead with a passion - I cant stand looking at him and refuse to watch him in anything.

Dear oh Dear - its a moral dilemma !!!  Can someone make me an edited version with all of Pittheads scenes cut out ??

Written By: zcrito on 05/23/04 at 1:18 am

I haven't seen "Troy" yet but I want to. I like early Greek history stuff.

There was a 3 hour program on PBS last year called "The Spartans". It was narrated by historian Bettany Hughes and was excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in that sort of thing.

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001KNHTA/lecoindudvd-20/702-4541894-4451217

:)

Written By: Cheetara on 05/24/04 at 1:03 pm

I have followed Eric Bana's career here since he was a stand up comedian in the mid 90s so I really want to see him in such a huge movie.

BUT

I absolutely despise Pitthead with a passion - I cant stand looking at him and refuse to watch him in anything.

Dear oh Dear - its a moral dilemma !!!  Can someone make me an edited version with all of Pittheads scenes cut out ??

You may not be a Pitt fan but I think you would still like the movie itself.  Eric Bana was terrific in it! 

Written By: Powerslave on 05/25/04 at 8:40 am

If you cut out all the Brad scenes, the film would be ten minutes long. Seriously though, he's quite good in this, although, to be fair, it's a role just about anyone could have played. GRRRREAT film though. Deviates from the legend a little here and there, but it's Hollywood, so that's to be expected.

Written By: Kitten on 05/25/04 at 3:55 pm

The look of this movie is so close to Gladiator, and the way that there marketing it is like Lord of the rings, so i think i might skip this movie, it looks so done already.

Written By: Jessica on 05/25/04 at 5:11 pm

The look of this movie is so close to Gladiator, and the way that there marketing it is like Lord of the rings, so i think i might skip this movie, it looks so done already.

Not to mention the fact that they screwed up the original story/myth. So I've heard anyways. I don't know. Usually I go for stuff like this, but after hearing so many bad things about it, I decided to skip it.

Subject: Avril Lavinge

Written By: FeLiCiAz on 08/23/06 at 4:15 am

I still can't believe that Avril is married....... She's my FAVE singer. All seems lost now...

Avril, if you're out there, PLZ, CONTINUE TO WRITE MORE SONGS!!!!

That's all..... Catch ya L8r

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/23/06 at 10:20 am

Getting back to the topic, I have seen it on cable, and it was an ok film.

Anyone here seen Alexander?

Written By: whistledog on 08/23/06 at 10:01 pm

Anyone here seen Alexander?

I saw Alexander (Yes I was that 1 person who saw it ROFL).  It thought it was pretty good.  I love those turn of the century battle epics

Check for new replies or respond here...