inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Skateboard churches

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/04 at 9:49 pm

Actor Steven Baldwin says Christian "skateboard churches" are "popping up all over the country."  Has anybody ever encountered one?
???

Subject: Re: Skateboard churches

Written By: Apricot on 01/12/05 at 2:34 pm

Actor Steven Baldwin says Christian "skateboard churches" are "popping up all over the country."  Has anybody ever encountered one?
???

I've seen children's churches that attempt to do these sort of "EXTREME JESUS" things, but many of them are just less-ritualistic Christian churches that think they've become "cool" because they type up their youth group "teen night" or some sheesh like that and they use HARDCORE EXTREME TEEN AWESOME word art on their youth group bulletin. No actually "skateboard churches", just an assload of imitators and churches trying to hook on to that.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/12/05 at 3:43 pm

There's an episode of King of the Hill revolving around the "Thrashing Jesus" thing where Bobby joins an alternative bible group. 

Written By: Apricot on 01/12/05 at 3:54 pm

There's an episode of King of the Hill revolving around the "Thrashing Jesus" thing where Bobby joins an alternative bible group. 

That was my first thought when I saw this THREAD.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/12/05 at 4:31 pm

What's a skateboard church? ???

Howard

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/12/05 at 6:20 pm

That was my first thought when I saw this THREAD.  ;D

Yeah, sorry. I'm a computer nerd. I pick up on technical stuff like that ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/05 at 10:10 pm

I remember that episode!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...