inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which band do you dislike the most? Why?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/29/04 at 7:36 pm

least favorite band poll!

Subject: Re: Which band do you dislike the most? Why?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/29/04 at 7:40 pm

Slayer. Mostly because of subject matter and lyrical content!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/04 at 7:44 pm

Pearl Jam.
Pearl Jam is grunge.  Grunge was the death knell of "alternative music."

Written By: AL-B on 05/29/04 at 10:35 pm

Limp Bizkit. Fred Durst is one of the biggest d**chebags of all time. He raps in this annoying, whiny voice, he can't sing for crap, and his lyrics alternate between, "I'm so tough, you'd better stay away or I'm gonna kick your a**" and "Poor, poor me, everybody hates me, why does everyone hate me so much?" This is the same guy who, on his website, told his detractors to take a big drink of "Haterade." ??? I swear, he ought to call his next album "Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me, Think I'll Go Eat Worms."
     His worst offense, however, is that absolutely HORRIBLE remake of the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes." I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Limp Bizkit's version of this great song. Not only does Durst have the audacity to add his own whiny, self-pitying lyrics but then he competely removes the uptempo, hard-rocking bridge and replaces it with a synthesized voice going, "A...E...I...O...U..." What an a**hole. >:( >:( >:(

"Now I know why you wanna hate me- 'Cause crap is all my band has seemed to make lately"

Dishonorable mention: Creed, Nickleback, Puddle Of Mudd

(BTW--Slayer rocks!)

Written By: woops on 05/29/04 at 11:33 pm

Linkin Park & P.O.D. ... I just can't stand numetal!!!

Slayer... Also don't like thrash metal (except for some Metallica)

Plus, all the other garbage in rotation in the cesspool stations & Moronic TV today.  :P

BTW, I like Pearl Jam & Jett.  ;D

And wasn't Pearl Jam "Alternative"? 

Some '80's "alternative" bands floated around the grunge era like The Cure, Depeche Mode, REM, U2, 10,000 Maniacs, etc.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/30/04 at 4:33 am

Hoobastank-Because they're boring.

Slayer-See tony20fan4ever's response.

Other crap:
A Perfect Circle/Tool
Mudvayne
Metallica
Any grind/death metal artist.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/30/04 at 10:48 am

I picked P.O.D., Slayer, and Linkin Park. The rest I've either never heard, or in the case of one, I don't think is that bad at all. (I'm not saying whom.)

Most of today's music (the stuff that's mainstream anyway) is crap.

As an aside, though...I had the name "Hoobastank" in my head this morning when I woke up and wondered if they existed. I've never heard them before. But I take it Hoobastank hoobastinks? ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 11:59 am

NIRVANAis extremely OVERRATED!

Written By: Lanie on 05/30/04 at 2:21 pm

Other talentless crap....I like most of the bands on there...

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/30/04 at 3:18 pm

Limp Bizkit, linkin park, nirvana, eminem

Written By: resinchaser on 05/30/04 at 3:20 pm

I don't have a problem with any of the groups listed so my vote is "Other".

Simple Plan must die!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 3:31 pm

I wonder why NICKELBACK made someone's hate list. I think they absolutely ROCK. I can see why some people hate P.O.D.,many think as a Christian band they are too preachy,also nu-metal is an acquired taste for some folks. Personally,P.O.D. is one of my fave bands!

Written By: Fred on 05/30/04 at 7:46 pm

Simple Plan must die!

I agree. I hate punk.

Written By: Fred on 05/30/04 at 7:48 pm

I also hate "Nu-Metal", so I voted for P.O.D., Linkin Park, and Other Talentless Crap.

Written By: My name is Kenny on 05/30/04 at 10:33 pm

Nickelback is the bubonic plague of music.

Jet is a bad cover band and nothing more.

Hoobastank had a pretty good debut single and has released nothing worth listening to since (see also:  3 Doors Down).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/30/04 at 11:52 pm

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/31/04 at 12:48 am

For a change of pace....how about people's favorite bands....from ANY era?
Here's my list:

The BEATLES(Sgt. Pepper is one of the best 'concept' albums,EVER!)
Yes(anything from The Yes Album to the newer stuff!)
Steppenwolf(good music to watch any kind of motorsports by!)
Blue Oyster Cult(especially GODZILLA and BURNIN' FOR YOU!)
Black Sabbath(with Ozzy and then Ronnie James Dio!)
KISS(especially ALIVE,ROCK AND ROLL OVER,LOVE GUN,and 'I Love it Loud'from the CREATURES OF THE NIGHT album!)
Grand Funk Railroad
Led Zeppelin
Megadeth
Van Halen(Dave AND Sammy)
Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
Iron Maiden(Bruce Dickinson HAS ONE HELL OF A VOICE!!)
Live(especially THROWING COPPER-their best CD to date)
REM
Lynyrd Skynyrd(original 70s lineup)
Deep Purple(Mk2 lineup)
Nickelback
3 Doors Down
Evanescense
The Cult(the SONIC TEMPLE cd ROCKS!!)
AC/DC
P.O.D.
Spacehog
Toadies
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Police

Written By: woops on 05/31/04 at 1:28 am

Some of my faves:

Tecnically everything to ABC to ZZ Top. Except for country & some bands that irk me for some reason.

And Nirvana is  one of the greatest band of the 1990's!!!  ;D

For a change of pace....how about people's favorite bands....from ANY era?

The BEATLES
Yes
Steppenwolf
Blue Oyster Cult
Black Sabbath
Kiss
Grand Funk Railroad
Led Zeppelin
Van Halen(Dave AND Sammy)
Deep Purple
The Cult
AC/DC
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Police

Written By: AL-B on 05/31/04 at 1:49 am

I couldn't disagree with you more. When Nevermind climbed to the top of the charts back in '91, surpassing sh*tty acts like New Kids On the Block, Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and Wilson Phillips; and smacking down all those phony, spandex-wearing, poofy-haired cheese-metal corporate rock bands like Poison and Warrant, I was absolutely thrillled. Finally there was a band who wasn't afraid to be original and do their own thing, and was actually getting nationwide airplay. I felt like it was a moral victory. Nirvana spearheaded a changing of the guard, and they paved the way for a musical revolution that sadly lasted only a few brief years but nonetheless brought so many great bands (like Soundgarden and Alice In Chains, for example) out of the underground and into the limelight. The early 90's was a great time for "alternative" music but the powers that be put the kibbosh on that when they passed the Telecommunications Deregulation Act in 1996 which led to the creation of the monstrosity we know today as Clear Channel Communications. Now we're back to where we were before, with all the Britneys and the N'Syncs and corporate rock bands like Limp Bizkit, Puddle Of Mudd, Creed, and Nickelback. And unless we can somehow get a Teddy Roosevelt-type figure (like that'll ever happen) to step in and break up the Clear Channel monopoly, popular music will remain stagnant indefinitely.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/31/04 at 7:33 am

All of them

Written By: zac on 05/31/04 at 9:44 am

I was going to say all of them but then I did got through a Pearl Jam stage, and some of Jet is ok.  ::)

Written By: AL-B on 05/31/04 at 9:50 am

I ordered a black T-shirt from the Onion's website that says simply, "Your Favorite Band Sucks." Most people think it's funny, and the only people who have consistently taken offense to it are Deadheads.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/04 at 12:16 pm

You got that right.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/04 at 12:19 pm

As for favorite bands...I love hair bands. 

Written By: oddxsocks on 05/31/04 at 2:49 pm

i was forced to pick others because you left out:
1. DAVE MATTHEWS BAND.
2. the white stripes.
3. avril lavieghgnsdknne
4. dave matthews band.
5. guns & roses.
6. nickelback.
7. sheryl crow.
8. and dave matthews band deserves to be on here again.

in conclusion, my least favorite band is (drumroll please) the dave matthews band, with the white stripes coming in at a close second.

most other stuff i can tolerate.

my favorite band is the didjits.  i am also a huge fan of smash mouth (except for their 2003 release :P), older sugar ray (lemonade & brownies era), older offspring, reel big fish, and sublime.  i also really like devo.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/31/04 at 5:15 pm

:(Anyone remember this band
MANOWAR
The dumbest metal band that ever existed in my opinion. They claimed to be"real men" playing "real metal",but all they were to my eyes and ears were a bunch of Neanderthal idiots,playing some of the dumbest songs!
:-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/31/04 at 5:20 pm

Every time I see or hear FOREIGNER I want to barf! Their music is SO overplayed...over and over...on classic rock stations everywhere I go!! There are 70's bands more deserving of all that airtime.

Written By: Fred on 05/31/04 at 8:15 pm

5. guns & roses.

NOOOOOOOO WWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY???  :\'(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/01/04 at 3:16 am

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!!
Kurt Cobain,as well as Weiland(ex-Stone Temple Pilots),make me wanna hurl! You can't understand a darn thing Cobain sings! As for Weiland,he was given sooooo many chances to get and stay clean. What a pair of LOSERS!

Written By: Cheetara on 06/01/04 at 7:13 am

Good Charlotte

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/01/04 at 7:50 am

Oh man, this is the thread I’m been waiting for <cracks knuckles>.

Limp Bizkit and those bands that have an obvious lack of talent and metal ability spelling their names. This includes Linkin Park. Just how long are you going to be able to get away with looping other real rock bands riffs? Unable to find three cords of your own to play?

Nicklebag, what a vast waste of radio airplay and the pain they bring to my ears. If this is a rock band, and what they are playing is rock, then rock is dead.

Hoobastank, hoobastinks, don’t see any part of talent or originality in this band or its music. Where did all this hype for them and how "great" they are come from? Another commercial exercise in bland pop. Next please.
Modest Mouse, pay attention, this means you.
That goes ditto for Moron 5.

Creed, I don’t have a problem with a band (or band members) spiritual choice or what they preach or believe in, I judge by the quality of music, talent and creativity and don’t see any of that in Crudd, sorry, um, I mean Creed.

Dave Matthews Band, o.k., I’ll admit there’s some talent here, but I still can’t listen to his music without retching. Why is this music so annoying?

Peal Jam, don’t hate them, I just don’t even understand why they’re still around, have they done anything worth listening to in the last 5-7 years? Why didn’t they put out the Jade Marmalade album?  ;)  Pearl Jam always was way overrated anyway, and yes, I’ll say it, Nirvana was too.

Don’t know why Slayer is on the list. Lets be honest people, you may not like them (nor do I) but what other band on this list has been around, or could hope to be around as long as this band has? At least you can say they have staing power, more than I can say for the future of most of the bands on this list.

Think about it, are you going to be humming a Limp Bizkit “I did it for the nookie” in fifteen years or waiting to buy their greatest hits? ::)

Oh yes, I would of mentioned Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth, but hopefully we’ve seen (and heard) the last of them. :P

Written By: hoogbest on 06/01/04 at 2:36 pm

Rolling Strones......especially that spazz Mick Jagger. Ever since the first time I saw them I said to myself, "Damn, great music, good production and a frontman that acts like a woman with MS." Nothings changed! :\'(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/01/04 at 5:45 pm

Oh, I have to agree with you on that one.  Hubby LOVES them and sees them every time they come through Chicago.  Luckily, I've managed to avoid all but 1 of their concerts. ;D
Almost ALL soft rock that gets played on 'lite' stations!It sounds like dentist's office,elevator,supermarket muzak!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/01/04 at 5:49 pm

ENIMEM! crappy rapper,period! At least the BEASTIE BOYS have talent!.....and they ROCK!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/01/04 at 5:51 pm

ENIMEM! crappy rapper,period! At least the BEASTIE BOYS have talent!.....and they ROCK!!
I forgot to add to my fave bands list......VAN HALEN!

Written By: hoogbest on 06/01/04 at 11:17 pm

80s Cheerleader I agree 100% and when Lennon went solo that was a real laugh" Imagine there's no heaven.......".

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/02/04 at 12:25 am

Another commercial exercise in bland pop. Next please.
Modest Mouse, pay attention, this means you.

Did you just call MODEST MOUSE -- Modest Mouse, who have been practically synonymous with unknown cult indie rock for nearly a decade -- commercial?  Was that a joke?  I realize they have a song playing on the radio, but there's definitely nothing pop about it.

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/02/04 at 3:57 am

Did you just call MODEST MOUSE -- Modest Mouse, who have been practically synonymous with unknown cult indie rock for nearly a decade -- commercial?  Was that a joke?  I realize they have a song playing on the radio, but there's definitely nothing pop about it.

Yes, I called them commercial and its not that difficult to listen and hear where they're going. There are not there yet ,but I'm giving them a warning, where the current single may take them in the future.

Don't delude yourself, 'indie rock' dosent' mean non-commerical or anti-bland pop music. It usually just means they haven't gotten a slick swarmy label exceutive to latch on to the commercial potiential or to push thier sound on the airwaves...they are walking the path to "average".  But have (at the moment) the talent and judgement to avoid the pitfalls.

Believe, you, me, if there wasn't something "pop" about it, it wouldn't be on the radio....you know this is true.

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/02/04 at 6:18 am

Well, screw that, I LIKE that new song.  Reminds me of U2, in their very early, less accessible days.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/02/04 at 8:13 pm

KID ROCK totally s*cks!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/02/04 at 8:17 pm

GREEN DAY must be destroyed!!

Written By: AL-B on 06/02/04 at 8:22 pm

Good Charlotte

Amen to that. These guys are nothing more than a boy band with punk haircuts and guitars. I hate these b*stards.

Written By: Powerslave on 06/02/04 at 8:29 pm

I couldn't disagree with you more. When Nevermind climbed to the top of the charts back in '91, surpassing sh*tty acts like New Kids On the Block, Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and Wilson Phillips; and smacking down all those phony, spandex-wearing, poofy-haired cheese-metal corporate rock bands like Poison and Warrant, I was absolutely thrillled. Finally there was a band who wasn't afraid to be original and do their own thing, and was actually getting nationwide airplay. I felt like it was a moral victory. Nirvana spearheaded a changing of the guard, and they paved the way for a musical revolution that sadly lasted only a few brief years but nonetheless brought so many great bands (like Soundgarden and Alice In Chains, for example) out of the underground and into the limelight. The early 90's was a great time for "alternative" music but the powers that be put the kibbosh on that when they passed the Telecommunications Deregulation Act in 1996 which led to the creation of the monstrosity we know today as Clear Channel Communications. Now we're back to where we were before, with all the Britneys and the N'Syncs and corporate rock bands like Limp Bizkit, Puddle Of Mudd, Creed, and Nickelback. And unless we can somehow get a Teddy Roosevelt-type figure (like that'll ever happen) to step in and break up the Clear Channel monopoly, popular music will remain stagnant indefinitely.

What a great post! I agree with you entirely.

Written By: Powerslave on 06/02/04 at 8:30 pm

Amen to that. These guys are nothing more than a boy band with punk haircuts and guitars. I hate these b*stards.

I agree with this too! :)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/02/04 at 9:44 pm

A Perfect Circle/Tool

Yikes. :( 

Maynard James Keenan is without a doubt one of the most talented artists ever to grace the industry. 

My least favorite current bands are the ones that call themselves, "punk".  Good Charlotte, Sum41 & all those other kids are faaar from "punk".  There's nothing original about them.  They just plain suck.

BTW - Slayer rules!

Written By: woops on 06/02/04 at 11:05 pm

I strongly dislike Journey. Sorry, but Steve Perry sounds like if he's underwater. :P

As for metal, I can't stand Exodus, Grim Reaper, Slipknot, and any thrash (except some from Metallica, pre 1996) & death metal.  :P

The Beach Boys & Jan & Dean's music also must be banned from oldies stations.
(Except for "Good Viberations")

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/04 at 11:14 pm

Rap....Kid Cock.....Puff-Diddy....Gang-Bang :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/03/04 at 5:50 pm

Yikes. :( 

Maynard James Keenan is without a doubt one of the most talented artists ever to grace the industry. 

My least favorite current bands are the ones that call themselves, "punk".  Good Charlotte, Sum41 & all those other kids are faaar from "punk".  There's nothing original about them.  They just plain suck.

BTW - Slayer rules!
I cannot stomach Slayer.....but then,someone might not be able to stand P.O.D.-which is my #1 fave band.To each his own,I figure!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/04 at 7:40 pm

KID ROCK totally s*cks!

I agree!  He's an Eminem who can't rhyme.

Rolling Strones......especially that spazz Mick Jagger. Ever since the first time I saw them I said to myself, "darn, great music, good production and a frontman that acts like a woman with MS." Nothings changed!

Tsk tsk, Hoogbest,not nice, not nice at all!
::)
I liked a lot of their songs from the first 20 years, but for the second 20 years they've been a total drag.  Hang it up already!  I think the last hit they had that I liked was "Undercover of the Night" from 1983.

80sRocked wrote
Rap....Kid Cock.....Puff-Diddy....Gang-Bang
Paf Doody, Dif Paddy, whatever you wanna call him, he's a thug who belongs in the slammer.  Same with Lil Kim.  I can't believe ASCAP awarded D. Piddy "Songwriter of the Year" TWICE.  He don't write no songs!  He just bastardizes other people's songs!
:P

Written By: DaChazman on 06/03/04 at 7:46 pm

Okay, now here's my rant:

I'm SICK of people saying that bands (like Nirvana) suck. Some of these people here might like these bands. I know it's you're opinion, but you don't need to say that they suck over and over again.

Nirvana isn't stupid, this whole post is stupid.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/04 at 7:52 pm

Okay, now here's my rant:

I'm SICK of people saying that bands (like Nirvana) suck. Some of these people here might like these bands. I know it's you're opinion, but you don't need to say that they suck over and over again.

Nirvana isn't stupid, this whole post is stupid.

But don't "Your Favorites" threads outnumber "I Hate" lists?

Written By: DaChazman on 06/03/04 at 8:00 pm

Yeah, but I don't say I hate them over and over again.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/03/04 at 8:08 pm

i don't see what's wrong with posting what people hate as well as what they like. It makes this board interesting,part of people sharing their opinions,which I'm sure everyone has a few. I think it's cool that people can express themselves here,within reason. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Written By: AL-B on 06/03/04 at 8:11 pm

I agree. I hate punk.
What bands do you consider "punk?"

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/03/04 at 8:12 pm

Yeah, but I don't say I hate them over and over again.
The reason why I dislike Nirvana is their music is so NEGATIVE. It's just so depressing to listen to. Of course it would be depressing,Kurt Cobain wrote it!

Written By: AL-B on 06/03/04 at 8:20 pm

The reason why I dislike Nirvana is their music is so NEGATIVE. It's just so depressing to listen to. Of course it would be depressing,Kurt Cobain wrote it!
Cobain's lyrics are depressing, but what I really dug about Nirvana was his guitar playing. He had a really raw sound yet his songs had a very melodic and original structure to them, almost like the Beatles, in a way. Plus, Dave Grohl was probably the most influential drummer of the last 20 years. (I also thought that the Foo Fighters were a pleasant surprise after the shock and tragedy of Cobain's suicide.)

I do agree that there is too much negative music out there (Staind, Limp Bizkit, and Puddle Of Mudd come to mind). 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/04 at 8:20 pm

What bands do you consider "punk?"

For every band one person calls "punk," there's another person who says it's not "punk."  This has been going on for 25 years, and it makes me wish the term "punk rock" had never been coined!

And I never called myself a "punk," even when I had that dumb-looking orange Mohawk.  Other people called me "punk," and when they found out what kind of music I liked, they called me a "poseur."  I was doing my own thing, which is forbidden in all youth subcultures, even among "non-conformists."  Sigh.
::)

Written By: resinchaser on 06/03/04 at 9:44 pm

Speaking of punk. I have to add The Misfits to my list of groups that I hate.

The Misfits are one of my favourite bands ever. But I can't stand what Jerry Only has done to them since Danzig left.

Written By: ! on 06/03/04 at 11:09 pm

I hate Tool. I hate them so much they've gone past hate, into good, and landed dab smack on adoration :P

Is John Mayer still croaking around and cutting records? 'Cause he royally sux. Oh yeah, and add The Dork Mathews Band to that. Granola rock gets on my nerves.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/04 at 11:18 pm

I hate Tool. I hate them so much they've gone past hate, into good, and landed dab smack on adoration :P

Is John Mayer still croaking around and cutting records? 'Cause he royally sux. Oh yeah, and add The Dork Mathews Band to that. Granola rock gets on my nerves.

I agree totally!  And PHISH, I could be happy never hearing PHISH again! Grateful Dead in perpetuity!  Bleccchhh!

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/09/04 at 9:34 pm

Speaking of punk. I have to add The Misfits to my list of groups that I hate.

The Misfits are one of my favourite bands ever. But I can't stand what Jerry Only has done to them since Danzig left.

I TOTALLY agree!!  (Are you surprised?) ;) :-*

Written By: resinchaser on 06/09/04 at 11:34 pm

I TOTALLY agree!!  (Are you surprised?) ;) :-*

Of course not, great minds think alike ;)

Written By: tv on 06/10/04 at 1:26 am

The 1996 Telecommuntications is one of the worst if not the worst thing to ever happen to music. All they do is just play teenybopper music anymore. If you are a rock band you have to have 4 hit singles for a rock album to sell 4 million. The last real good rock bland to sell was the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in 1999-2000 and U2 a couple years ago. Thats been it for rock music. I mean why do rap and pop get so much more airplay than rock music? its insane. The rap and pop/R&B of this time is sorry. Those 2 genres were good in the late 80's. Since 1999 Pop/R&b has either been Britney Spears or some R&B artist trying to be a rapper. Its just not working. As for rap music itself ever since 2Pac and Biggie its like rap music has not really been that good. There is room for all types of music but the problem is there is no playing ground on the radio to hear different types of music. If you are not a pop artist or a rap artist you don't get any airplay. The only threat to Clear Channel's throne is sattlelite radio. Thats it. Clear Channel owns so many stations that its not possible for them to lose money. Whoever passed the Telecommunications act of 1996 I don't know what they were thinking. Its not healthy for the music industry in the long run. The only guy who can break the telecommunications act of 1996 is FCC chairman Mike Powell. Mike Powell really was vocal about the Janet Jackson thing and cracking down on Howard Stern.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/04 at 3:34 pm

Two bands that I hate (I stress the word hate very strongly), are Good Charlotte and Limp Bizkit.

Written By: LadyGaladriel on 11/27/04 at 5:54 pm

Personally, I love NIRVANA--definitely one of the greatest bands of all time.

Fred Durst comes across as a whiny 11-year-old boy who wants ice cream, especially in the song "My Way", which is a disgrace to mankind.

And Simple Plan and Avril Lavigne are the worst acts to hit the music industry since the Wesley Willis Fiasco.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/04 at 6:46 pm

Avril Lavigne tries to be cool......rockers like Janis Joplin,Joan Jett,and Lita Ford were cool IMHO,and they did not have to fake 'coolness'....they just WERE!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/04 at 6:51 pm

Woops shut up about slipknot they kick a**! You are right about Nirvana though they are by far the best band from the 90's. By the way f*c* all you cocksuckers that are talking sh** about nirvana&slipknot.They both kick a** so shut the f*c* up!

Some of my least favorite band would have to be the backstreet boys, I can't remember the other one's name right now but they sing bye,bye,bye,Creed,bay city rollers, anything disco,anything opera, and anything country also sucks
how about Alice In Chains...they STILL kick a** although Layne Staley is gone(RIP, dude!)and they are no longer a band...Those guys were the s***!

Written By: woops on 11/27/04 at 8:43 pm

Japanese pop imports Puffy Ami Yumi    :P  ::)  (Not to be confused with equally lame rapper Puff Daddy)

Best known for the theme song of "Teen Titans", an ok cartoon that heavily relies on anime inspired animation.

So sappy they make The Spice Girls sound like Hole. 

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/puffyamiyumi/tools/img/clips_dance.gif

A bit off topic, but their cartoon is like a combination of "Boohbah" & "Josie & The Pussycats", minus the plot, mystery solving, & fun songs.  :P  :P  :P  :P   :P 

And I like pop punk & hairbands...except a few...

(Hair Bands)

1. Stryper... basically Creed with big hair & spandex

2. W.A.S.P.... a wannabe shock rock band

3. Lita Ford... metal's anwser to Britney Spears (No offense, this is just my opnion)

4. Winger...  just plain cheesy

5. Manowar  ... another cheesy wannabe metal band

6. Nelson... They actually caused the downfall of the hair metal genre

7. Grim Reaper... No Comment

(Pop Punk and other rock bands)

1. Avril Lavinge... Heck, she's not familiar with  David Bowie, Sex Pistols, Metallica, Duran Duran, etc.  ::)

2. Good Charlotte...the sad thing is that they consider themselves "punk"

3. Sum 41... Hardcore...maybe compared to Hanson

4.  New Found Glory... I'll admit that I only like one song and that's it. The same with Winger.

5. Yellowcard, Maroon 5, Simple Plan, Hoobastank, Puddle Of Mudd, Nickleback, and Switchfoot. ... Instead of rock, they whine a lot.

Written By: Bobby on 11/28/04 at 12:01 pm

I hate most bands/singers that consistently create mediocre/awful covers of other songs. Aguilera is singing Car Wash (which adds nothing to the original song by Rose Royce) and Britney is singing the originally mediocre 'My perogative' by Bobby Brown. I just wish that if a cover song is going to be done at all, at least make that version as listenable as the original - otherwise it defeats the objective.

I also hate Busted and Oasis. They recycle their own music all the time! I can't tell one Busted track from another - poor indeed.  >:(

Written By: Eve Orzabal Smith on 11/28/04 at 5:53 pm

Kelis is the least talented girl in the world!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

She can't even reach Agnetha and Frida From Abba, Janis Joplin or Gwen Stefani, who are much better than her in my opinion!!!

And from the guys is Marilyn Manson.

He can't reach John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Roland Orzabal or Freddie Mercury, the best male voices for me!

Written By: Stompgal on 12/01/04 at 7:49 am

I'm not really an expert on POD, but bands I hate include Slipknot, Cheeky Girls and Boyzone. I like A Picture Of You and When The Going Gets Tough though. As for the Cheeky Girls, they do my head in.

Written By: bj26 on 12/01/04 at 8:08 am

I don't like Warrent, just......don't like them >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 12/01/04 at 8:39 am

Are we including imitation bands here,  If so I would add that Rolling Stones imitation band
called Aerosmith.  Tyler as Jagger-Perry as Richards, both very pale copies. :P

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/01/04 at 8:47 am

Hoobastank - A guy whining "I'm not a perfect person" turns me off.

Yellowcard - Indie films: Good. Indie bands: Bad.

Bowling For Soup - I admit to liking 1985, but that's it.

Good Charlotte - Green Day ripoff.

Coldplay - Dave Matthews Band wannabes.

Maroon 5 - Dave Matthews Band wannabes.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/01/04 at 8:42 pm

Are we including imitation bands here,  If so I would add that Rolling Stones imitation band
called Aerosmith.  Tyler as Jagger-Perry as Richards, both very pale copies. :P

Aerosmith... a bad band?  :o I would rather listen to them then Good Charlotte!

Written By: Bobby on 12/01/04 at 8:45 pm

Aerosmith... a bad band?  :o I would rather listen to them then Good Charlotte!

I quite like the old rockers too!

Written By: goodsin on 12/02/04 at 2:20 pm

Avril Lavigne. Sad little wannabe.  :P

J-Ho. "I used to have a little, now I gotta lot; sadly, I'm just talking 'bout my butt. I think I can have any blokes' c***, sadly I've been smoking too much rock."  :-[

Limp Wrizted, Stinkin Park, Bum 41, Bleeurgh 182. More sad rock wannabees; better add Busted & McFly, the 2 British sh**sters too- all these bands make me want to hurl for the way they try to be so "rock'n'roll", yet miss so badly...

Also all the "gangster" (my a**!) rappers who think they're cool, hard, sexy or whatever, with no basis for those sort of statements. Anyone can be hard with an armed entourage, anyone can give the impression of being cool & sexy by paying people to say they are. Offensive lyrics are just lowest common denominator sensationalism, degrading the speaker and the listener. The funniest thing is the mugs that buy this *rap, you have to wonder why- do they think some of this wannabe bada**ness will rub off on them?  :-[ Sad, sad, sad, and this is from somebody who used to enjoy rap when it had a conscience, rather than the modern idiom of making up for personal inadequacies with stupid posturing...get therapy, you losers! ;D

Written By: rosielittle on 12/02/04 at 3:49 pm

This Band has takin its toll on me, I said goodbye too many times before!
If my roomate plays that song again, I will fly the CD off of the roof like a frizbee. ;D :D

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/02/04 at 4:57 pm

This Band has takin its toll on me, I said goodbye too many times before!
If my roomate plays that song again, I will fly the CD off of the roof like a frizbee. ;D :D

You know what? My Senior class voted Maroon 5 as their "Favorite Artist" in the "Favorites" in the back of the 2004 yearbook. 
I voted on Thomas Dolby! At least Thomas Dolby was original and I wish he'd make a comeback!
I also like Phil Collins, but lately... 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/02/04 at 10:27 pm

Ummmmmmmm....... I like Coldplay and Maroon 5.  ::)  ;D

Written By: Simeon Suscipperra on 12/05/04 at 12:35 am

Wow. That's a tough one. It's an EXACT tie for me between Hoobastank and Maroon 5.

Written By: Rush on 12/05/04 at 10:04 am

Cobain's lyrics are depressing,

Nirvana had lyrics?????  :o

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 12:24 pm

Nirvana had lyrics?????  :o

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 12:27 pm

Almost ALL soft rock that gets played on 'lite' stations!It sounds like dentist's office,elevator,supermarket muzak!

I hate muzak too!

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 2:10 pm

Hmmm.. maybe i have no taste.. I am a massive Slayer fan... the epitomy of Speed Metal.

I can see your point on there lyrical content..

"Blitzkrieg Tactics of The German Command, Born with the power of God in his Hands"

face it though.. it's history, it must be quoted on..

I like Maroon 5, can't see the problem.. you guys obviously haven't noticed how much R&B (fake R&B rather) and rap crap has been spurted out latley, anything with somebody playing an instrument is OK in my books.

The Bands i hate.. right now... Busted, McFly (if we can call them bands)

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/05/04 at 3:17 pm

I like Maroon 5, can't see the problem.. you guys obviously haven't noticed how much R&B (fake R&B rather) and rap crap has been spurted out latley, anything with somebody playing an instrument is OK in my books.

Actually... I have noticed the R&B problem. The only person that should be blamed for that is Puff Daddy back in 1997. 

I just think that Maroon 5 and Coldplay are 5 to 10 years behind. They're stuck in the "Let's be like the Dave Matthews Band" era.

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 3:19 pm

Hmmm.. never really thought much of the Dave Matthews band... they are ok, but that's it, not like.. enigmatic.

Coldplay were around then, i think they just hit the states a lot later. There were selling out here in '97-'98

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 3:21 pm

Hmmm.. maybe i have no taste.. I am a massive Slayer fan... the epitomy of Speed Metal.

I can see your point on there lyrical content..

"Blitzkrieg Tactics of The German Command, Born with the power of God in his Hands"

face it though.. it's history, it must be quoted on..

The Bands i hate.. right now... Busted, McFly (if we can call them bands)

Never heard of McFly, unfortunatly I heard of Busted, yet another talentless, cloned, boy band.

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 3:28 pm

Exactamundo.. luckily they all only last for a year, then self destruct.. one proves to have a small bit of talent, then vanishes 2 years later.

Written By: AL-B on 12/05/04 at 4:38 pm

Good Charlotte...the sad thing is that they consider themselves "punk"
I heard a song on XM by Good Charlotte where the chorus went "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money..."  What a weak idea for a song!

Written By: Bobby on 12/05/04 at 9:31 pm

Never heard of McFly, unfortunatly I heard of Busted, yet another talentless, cloned, boy band.

You're not missing much. They are merely pop rock fodder for the girlies to drool over.  ::)

Written By: woops on 12/05/04 at 9:34 pm

I actually like "Why I Go To School For" from Busted...  :(

But I don't like the fact that on an interview, one of the members said that the main goal is to chart the "Top 40".  :P

Since all their songs are alike, I only have to buy the single  :D

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 4:33 am

You're not missing much. They are merely pop rock fodder for the girlies to drool over. ::)

Is it me or do they all look like puppets?

Or is this one of my Master of Puppets urges?

Written By: goodsin on 12/06/04 at 11:10 am

"Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money..."  What a weak idea for a song!

If you came to Breadhead Central, where I live in the UK, you would see the basis for this song. I find a lot of it quite apt- round here, the major factor for women to choose men is how much money the man earns, regardless of looks or personality. A quick straw poll of women in my department showed that statement to be 80% true, as in 8 out of 10 women questioned would agree that finances would be the major factor when considering the eligibility of a new suitor. I think that's disgusting, men are often slated as 'being after only one thing', but if that one thing is someone's money, I think that's even more despicable....I thank my lucky stars I have found a partner who's not like that, I just think it's so shallow...

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 11:14 am

Yup, you said it there, pathetic & shallow... yet it's so true

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/06/04 at 11:36 am

You're not missing much. They are merely pop rock fodder for the girlies to drool over.  ::)

Figures............  ::) ;D

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/06/04 at 12:07 pm

Hmmm.. never really thought much of the Dave Matthews band... they are ok, but that's it, not like.. enigmatic.

Coldplay were around then, i think they just hit the states a lot later. There were selling out here in '97-'98

I don't know if DMB has any influence over there, but for some reason the adult contemporary string of alternative music didn't really begin to pop up over here until DMB got popular in 1994.

Written By: karen on 12/06/04 at 12:13 pm

O.K. someone put me out of my misery.  Which 60's group am I thinking about whenever someone mentions the Dave Matthews Band?  There must be a group that sounds similar  :-\\

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 2:21 pm

Dave Clarck Five?

Written By: Chrisrj on 12/07/04 at 12:13 am

IMHO, none of these bands are that bad at all(don't know about Slayer... never heard them).  They make great memorable melodies that are catchy and great to listen to.

I don't hate music because of the artists all the time, but I have to say I really hate Ted Nugent.  On a VH-1 special, he said he was against:
*Religion
*Feminism
*and gays(though some of you may agree)

I can kind of agree with him on religion(IMO), but that doesn't excuse him from the others.  I'm a very equal-minded person.

*and he's pro-hunting, and pro-guns so much that he teaches his kids how to use guns... I'm probably the only person on the planet who believes this, but I think there's something seriously wrong with him.
If you're into hunting, that's kinda fine(personally, I'm not), but he has a pen in the backyard where he hunts animals(from what I read on vh1.com).  Even regular hunters are mad at him.  At least they give the animals a chance.

When I was 11, I heard High Enough for the first time, and loved it.  SInce he said that, however, it just totally ruined the experience of the song for me.

Back to the music though:
I even enjoy the music of Girl You Know It's True, even though Milli Vanilli disgraced music back then, and I even still enjoy Ice Ice Baby to an extent and other early 90s semi-novelty songs, even though sometimes they were disgraceful.  Probably because they were part of my childhood.

Heck I even enjoy music from the 1920s(and beyond)!  It's fun to learn about pop music's history without being stuck with oldies(no offense).  I like music from movies and some of you might remember I said I liked music from video games, too.  Just remember, I'm talking about the good melodies... imagine hearing any of this stuff on piano, or acoustic guitar.  I believe it's all good music if you pay attention.

Anyways, why is it always the newest music under the knife?  Why not something from your own generation, or earlier?  I'm not saying this generation's the best, because I do agree that there is bad music out there today(Justin Timberlake); just saying there's just as much as back then.  Remember that your own parents(and others of their generation) hated your music too?  It kind of continues the tradition.  My mom loves some of today's new music, like Incubus and Alicia Keyes.

This is all just my own sole opinion.  If you don't agreee, that's fine.  I just get tired of finding something I actually like and hearing a big group of people be against it(which naturally feels like they're against me in general, even though they may not be).

Thanks for reading at least.

Written By: woops on 12/07/04 at 1:11 am

Anyways, why is it always the newest music under the knife?  Why not something from your own generation, or earlier?  I'm not saying this generation's the best, because I do agree that there is bad music out there today(Justin Timberlake); just saying there's just as much as back then.  Remember that your own parents(and others of their generation) hated your music too?  It kind of continues the tradition.  My mom loves some of today's new music, like Incubus and Alicia Keyes.

Agree.  8)

We also have dislikes of past (even our own) generation. Look at "Worst" artists or songs from any decade board for an example.

The majority of the members of this board are into the music from their youth or into music from the past & not really into what's "hip" today, like myself. I'll admit that I like a couple current bands like Jet, The White Stripes, The Donnas, and Blink 182.  8) Along with a couple people.

Like for every Hillary Duff...there was a Tiffany, every POD was a Stryper, every Maroon 5 was a Hootie & The Blowfish, Jennifer Lopez a Mariah Carey, and so on so on...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/07/04 at 12:58 pm

Okay, Nirvana was negative....LOTS of grunge was negative..but what about Rap! At least Nirvana and all the grunge bands played REAL instuments. They didn't feature some punk "Scratching" a record on a turntable (That's talent!) Not only does rap feature negative lyrics, but they demean women, and glorify killing, stealing, and doing drugs. The other thing that burns me about MOST rap is these "People" steal snippets of some other artists songs...usually Classic Rock....and incorporate it into thier garbage! Worst by far is how Jimmy Page allowed Puff Diddy Gang-Bang to use "Kashmir" in one of his latest gems...Jimmy is a loon :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/07/04 at 1:07 pm

Okay, Nirvana was negative....LOTS of grunge was negative..but what about Rap! At least Nirvana and all the grunge bands played REAL instuments. They didn't feature some punk "Scratching" a record on a turntable (That's talent!) Not only does rap feature negative lyrics, but they demean women, and glorify killing, stealing, and doing drugs. The other thing that burns me about MOST rap is these "People" steal snippets of some other artists songs...usually Classic Rock....and incorporate it into thier garbage! Worst by far is how Jimmy Page allowed Puff Diddy Gang-Bang to use "Kashmir" in one of his latest gems...Jimmy is a loon :D

P.Diddy also helped to ruin another good song, "This Is Not America", which was on the Training Day soundtrack, I not going to mention his sampling of "Every Breath You Take" though, because I am still pretty upset about it. 

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 12/07/04 at 1:15 pm

Uh... first of all...not all grunge was negative. Not even all Nirvana songs were negative (if you could even understand what Kurt was saying). And I'd invite you to name one Pearl Jam song that was in the least bit negative.

Now for rap: I take it you have something against certain types of music done by certain types of people.  Rap (especially early rap of the late 70's and 80's) isn't all violence, drugs and talking about pimpin' b*tches. Yes, some of the gangsta stuff is like that (and I don't like it either) but there are groups like The Beastie Boys and Run-DMC who are not like that at all!! As for sampling (or as you put it, stealing some other artists' songs): A lot of these people are great fans of the bands whose music they sample. I take it as they're just paying homage to them. OK, sometimes this may not be the case and the original song might be completely ruined, but it usually is the case for most sampled material.

Please do not associate a certain type of music with certain types of people.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: NullandVoid on 12/07/04 at 5:32 pm

"Dare you to MOOOOOOOOVE!"

"I Like your pants around your neck, ankles...whatever"

The two groups that are responsible for these creepy lyrics need to be sealed in a room with Liza Minnelli for life man...Bleccch!

p.s. long live NIRVANA!!

Written By: karen on 12/08/04 at 12:46 pm

O.K. someone put me out of my misery. Which 60's group am I thinking about whenever someone mentions the Dave Matthews Band? There must be a group that sounds similar :-\\

Dave Clarck Five?

nope

Written By: alana on 12/19/04 at 11:22 pm

Because of Good Charlotte and Simple Plan and other current crap, I had to resort to British rock/pop from the 80's.

Written By: chaka on 05/15/05 at 10:00 am

Well do you prefer listening to cheesy "I'm so happy,the world is beautiful,I love everyone, everyone loves me,..."lyrics????
It's all FAKE, LIES
I'm afraid life isn't like that.I can't relate to such statements.
What Kurt sang was true (even if you can't undersand everything);he sang about how he felt,how p*ssed off he was of crappy bands singing a load of sh*t
Of course it's good to listen to "positive" music but when I'm feeling low I want to hear something that reflects my current feelings;it assures me that I'm not the only person feeling down

Written By: jiminy on 05/15/05 at 10:24 am

Slayer on the list?  :o
5 people voted for slayer... pure blasphemy  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/05 at 11:09 am

Hm... I think artists with fake messages are the worst. Nothing wrong with happy, but when it's all you have... then you SUCK.

I'd say the worst band, for exploiting America's Christian dumbasses {not that all Christians are dumbasses, just that these ones ARE}, and for being total suckage.... Switchfoot.

Written By: grs on 05/15/05 at 7:35 pm

Slayer on the list?  :o
5 people voted for slayer... pure blasphemy  ;D

Terrible.  >:(

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/15/05 at 8:22 pm

Like for every Hillary Duff...there was a Tiffany, every POD was a Stryper, every Maroon 5 was a Hootie & The Blowfish, Jennifer Lopez a Mariah Carey, and so on so on...
  :D

What about Good Charlotte?

The Nelson sisters... there was Nelson brothers (techically sisters), there was Ricky, and there was Ozzy (NOT Osbourne)...  ::)

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/15/05 at 8:25 pm

The Beach Boys

...good thing surf pop junk  is a thing of tha past  :D

Written By: Robbo on 05/15/05 at 10:34 pm

Why the hell is Pearl Jam on that list?

Simple Plan deserve to be shot. I hate pop punk.

Written By: chaka on 05/22/05 at 12:05 pm

Why the hell is Pearl Jam on that list?

Yeah I don't understand that either...some people have bad taste

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/23/05 at 9:26 am

I agree with alot of what's on this list - just a few examples of my own (keep in mind, nothing at all against the artists/bands themselves, just their music):

Dave Matthews - Can somebody please tell me why these guys are so popular? Sorry, but I just never saw their appeal - slow, droning songs that sound the exact same. WAY too slow to rock out or dance to, yet if you're gonna do slow songs, at least do a nice ballad-y pop song. This just puts me to sleep whenever my friends listen to 'em (and believe me, that's not uncommon!).

Maroon 5 - Okay, I kinda sort of liked "She Will be Loved" (the least annoying of the now 4 singles released) before its 10 miilionth playing, but I find "This Love" to be the worst offender. It's like the record producers gave these guys a template and said, "Just create some run of the mill R&B-ish pop to sell millions of copies." They suffer from the same problem much "popular" music today does, IMO: blandness and samey-ness.

Nickelback - "This is how you Remind Me" on VH1's "25 best Power Ballads of all time!!??!!" Talk about an insult to the other 24! Post grunge AND a bland sound mixed into one - also overplayed. No thanks.

Other honorable mentions include Creed, Good Charlotte/Simple Plan/New Found Glory/Dashboard Confessional, and Avril (actually, a few of her songs ARE catchy, but her new album is also very "stale" sounding - plus I can't stand her "wannabe punk" attitude, yet she makes no apologies for not knowing who David Bowie is because she's "trendy").

Written By: chaka on 05/24/05 at 7:51 am

Maroon 5 - Okay, I kinda sort of liked "She Will be Loved" (the least annoying of the now 4 singles released) before its 10 miilionth playing, but I find "This Love" to be the worst offender. It's like the record producers gave these guys a template and said, "Just create some run of the mill R&B-ish pop to sell millions of copies." They suffer from the same problem much "popular" music today does, IMO: blandness and samey-ness.

Nickelback - "This is how you Remind Me" on VH1's "25 best Power Ballads of all time!!??!!" Talk about an insult to the other 24! Post grunge AND a bland sound mixed into one - also overplayed. No thanks.

Other honorable mentions include Creed, Good Charlotte/Simple Plan/New Found Glory/Dashboard Confessional, and Avril (actually, a few of her songs ARE catchy, but her new album is also very "stale" sounding - plus I can't stand her "wannabe punk" attitude, yet she makes no apologies for not knowing who David Bowie is because she's "trendy").

you said it all
totallly agree with you there!

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/24/05 at 9:16 am

you said it all
totallly agree with you there!

Cool, glad I'm not alone. :)

I try to be positive more than negative, so the few posts where I do express a strong opinion, I kinda worry it won't be well-received sometimes!

BTW, just to briefly add to the subject of grunge rock: I've always been VERY mixed on that one. To a degree, it killed off the 'fun' hard rock of my early childhood (hairbands, like Poison, Whitesnake and early Bon Jovi) but it did kind of bring on a new generation of rockers. And even the hair metal genre was getting pretty formulatic by 1990/91, so I can kinda see why we were "looking" for something to take its place.

Written By: chaka on 05/24/05 at 9:17 am

Cool, glad I'm not alone. :)

I try to be positive more than not, so the few posts where I do express a strong opinion, I kinda worry it won't be well-received.

So what kind of music are you into?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/24/05 at 10:42 am

So what kind of music are you into?

I'll find one of my "favorite song lists" somewhere, but in short, mainstream rock, pop and metal from the 60's through the 80's - and to a lesser extent the 90's and now.

A few random favorites include: Huey Lewis, Ozzy, Van Halen, Phil Collins, the Beatles, Collective Soul, Offspring, Tom Petty, Weird Al Yankovic (my longtime hero - inspired me to start writing, not just parodies but that's where it began!).

Written By: holicman on 05/25/05 at 5:48 am

Limp Bizkit. Fred Durst is one of the biggest d**chebags of all time. He raps in this annoying, whiny voice, he can't sing for crap, and his lyrics alternate between, "I'm so tough, you'd better stay away or I'm gonna kick your a**" and "Poor, poor me, everybody hates me, why does everyone hate me so much?" This is the same guy who, on his website, told his detractors to take a big drink of "Haterade." ??? I swear, he ought to call his next album "Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me, Think I'll Go Eat Worms."
     His worst offense, however, is that absolutely HORRIBLE remake of the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes." I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Limp Bizkit's version of this great song. Not only does Durst have the audacity to add his own whiny, self-pitying lyrics but then he competely removes the uptempo, hard-rocking bridge and replaces it with a synthesized voice going, "A...E...I...O...U..." What an a**hole. >:( >:( >:(

"Now I know why you wanna hate me- 'Cause crap is all my band has seemed to make lately"

(BTW--Slayer rocks!)

before i read any replies i picked Linkin Park out of that list......................but i Loathe Limp Biskit.

They are sheeshe.
!!!

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/13/05 at 6:44 pm

1970's:
WAR
FOGHAT
1980'S:
DIESEL
BRUCE COCKBURN
CHARLIE DORE
1990'S:
GREEN JELLY
TIMMY T.
LIGHTNING SEEDS
SAIGON KICK
CHESNEY HAWKES

Written By: Miss Tainted on 07/13/05 at 7:51 pm

OMG #(*%+(#)@*^()@$#+%^*()#$@%^)( * I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PUT P.O.D. UP THERE #()_%(*#$_^*@^_(@*^_(@%.  :\'( I can understand Linkin Park because a bazillion people hate them but..... P.O.D........

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/14/05 at 5:51 pm

Any songs that talk about beating women...that would be rap...oh wait, rap doesn't qualify as real music beacuse they don't SING and many steal riffs from real songs. Also, Green Day for being the REAL Idiots :P

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/14/05 at 5:59 pm

Bands which belonged in the 80s, yet somehow get the stupid idea in their heads to come back for another go in a decade which they don't belong in (yes, Morissey, Duran Duran and Bananarama, I am looking at you...). It annoys me when decent 80s and 90s bands release singles 2 decades later and they turn out crap...waste of money, time and effort

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/14/05 at 6:22 pm

what? "Ordinary World" was a great song.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/15/05 at 5:55 pm

what? "Ordinary World" was a great song.

I was referring more to " Sunrise". Awful song, and proof that they were better in the 80s

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 9:52 pm

Switchfoot.. Simple Plan.. Hot Hot Heat.

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/16/05 at 12:44 am

Hate Bright Eyes!

It's personal.

Also a band called Kasabian, interestingly.. i actually had a minor punch up with one of the members of the band Kasabian (they're crap as well).

Written By: annonymouse on 07/21/05 at 5:09 pm

i dont really like any of the bands above but i gotta admit they are not un talented.

now  simple plan is untalented\

;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/21/05 at 8:36 pm

I guess if I had to chose between those artists...I would have to go with Hoobastank. They annoy me a great deal.

Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/21/05 at 10:39 pm

I guess if I had to chose between those artists...I would have to go with Hoobastank. They annoy me a great deal.

SAME!

Oooh, another band that annoy the hell out of me.. 'Scissor Sisters' I HATE THEE!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/21/05 at 10:41 pm

SAME!

Oooh, another band that annoy the hell out of me.. 'Scissor Sisters' I HATE THEE!
OHH! You just reminded me of that god awful song that was always playing around this time last year. "Take Your Mamma Out" or something like that!  :P >:(

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/21/05 at 10:42 pm

I've gone off The Killers.

Bunch of snobs.  >:(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/21/05 at 11:24 pm

Switchfoot.. Simple Plan.. Hot Hot Heat.
I like Switchfoot....I absolutely DETEST Slayer...any band that oozes negativity turns me off...To me negative music is NOT cool....it's d@mn DEPRESSING....
Add to that the fact that those no-talent S**THEADS HAD THE NERVE TO RELEASE THEIR "GOD HATES US ALL"CD on September 11th...how insensitive...and DISGUSTING!!

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/21/05 at 11:43 pm

I like Switchfoot....I absolutely DETEST Slayer...any band that oozes negativity turns me off...To me negative music is NOT cool....it's d@mn DEPRESSING....
Add to that the fact that those no-talent S**THEADS HAD THE NERVE TO RELEASE THEIR "GOD HATES US ALL"CD on September 11th...how insensitive...and DISGUSTING!!

Why should they delay it just because something happened that day?

I'd make a God really did hate us all pun, but it would be in bad taste (oops)

I'll bet that if that CD Had any other name, you wouldn't care.

If, i dunno, Duran Duran released a best of album on that day, nobody would care. They don't know what's gonna happen that day, the CD's go out the night before or early that morning. Don't blame the guys, blame the dicks who perpetrated the acts.

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 8:48 am

I've gone off The Killers.

Bunch of snobs.  >:(

What did they do? I don't let a band's actions base their music. Voltaire can be a rude jerk.. doesn't mean I don't listen to him. Ween did lots and lots of drugs.. I still listen to them. Radiohead could come into my house RIGHT NOW and kick the sheesh out of me, I'd hate them as people, but I'd still listen to their music!

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 8:50 am

Uh.. maybe that was a coincidence? And even if they did, you're only giving the response they wanted. Which means Slayer wins.

I myself enjoy negative music.. just look at The Unicorns! They're dark as anything.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/22/05 at 9:10 am

What did they do? I don't let a band's actions base their music. Voltaire can be a rude jerk.. doesn't mean I don't listen to him. Ween did lots and lots of drugs.. I still listen to them. Radiohead could come into my house RIGHT NOW and kick the sheesh out of me, I'd hate them as people, but I'd still listen to their music!
There are many bands I like but think the band members are snobs. It's not the fact I think they are a bunch of snobs that I have gotten bored with their music. I think it's just my music taste has changed from last year (when I liked them).

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 9:15 am

There are many bands I like but think the band members are snobs. It's not the fact I think they are a bunch of snobs that I have gotten bored with their music. I think it's just my music taste has changed from last year (when I liked them).

Ah, I see now. Oh, okay.

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/23/05 at 11:30 am

Uh.. maybe that was a coincidence? And even if they did, you're only giving the response they wanted. Which means Slayer wins.

Slayer always wins!

It's because it was such an anti-religion album and 9/11 is when the US went in to the Love of God spiral  ::)

Written By: jiminy on 07/23/05 at 3:42 pm

Slayer always wins!

It's because it was such an anti-religion album and 9/11 is when the US went in to the Love of God spiral  ::)

it was released on 9/11 as a statement, if there is a god and he's so powerful why wouldn't he have stopped such a thing from happening, easy answer... he hates us all (and it means all religions not just the high and mighty do as i say or burn in hell christian religion) ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/23/05 at 4:09 pm

it was released on 9/11 as a statement, if there is a god and he's so powerful why wouldn't he have stopped such a thing from happening, easy answer... he hates us all (and it means all religions not just the high and mighty do as i say or burn in hell christian religion) ;)

Have you listened to Disciple? Says everything you want to hear.

Written By: jiminy on 07/23/05 at 4:18 pm

Have you listened to Disciple? Says everything you want to hear.

no i haven't, do you have it? I have about 200 black/death metal CDs (and a few normal metal CDs)
I can email you some songs, yahoo lets you send a file up to 10,000 kb (some of the first mp3 files i recorded are way over 10,000 i recorde them at a 320kb rate and they sould just as good at a 115kb rate and use a lot less space)

Written By: jiminy on 07/23/05 at 4:28 pm

hey Andy... here's a band for you, i have a couple of their CDs

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/23/05 at 7:03 pm

no i haven't, do you have it? I have about 200 black/death metal CDs (and a few normal metal CDs)
I can email you some songs, yahoo lets you send a file up to 10,000 kb (some of the first mp3 files i recorded are way over 10,000 i recorde them at a 320kb rate and they sould just as good at a 115kb rate and use a lot less space)

Yeah i bought God Hates Us All.. twice  ;D I'm just a total slayer mark, i bought the special edition version as well  ::)

As soon as i fix my computer (meaning buy a new one) I'll upload it all and send you the album.
In my opinion, it comes close to Reign In Blood.

Disciple is an awesome track, fast thrash with a pounding rhythm.

Disciple

Drones since the dawn of time
Compelled to live your sheltered lives
Not once has anyone ever seen
Such a rise of pure hypocracy
I'll instigate I'll free your mind
I'll show you what I've known all this time

God Hates Us All, God Hates Us All
You know it's true God hates this place
You know it's true he hates this race

Homicide-Suicide
Hate heals, you should try it sometime
Strive for Peace with acts of war
The beauty of death we all adore
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered

God Hates Us All; God Hates Us All
He fudgein' hates me

Pessimist, Terrorist targeting the next mark
Global chaos feeding on hysteria
Cut throat, slit your wrist, shoot you in the back fair game
Drug abuse, self abuse searching for the next high
Sounds a lot like hell is spreading all the time
I'm waiting for the day the whole world fudgeing dies

I never said I wanted to be God's disciple
I'll never be the one to blindly follow

Man made virus infecting the world
Self-destruct human time bomb
What if there is no God would you think the fudgein' same
Wasting your life in a leap of blind faith
Wake the fudge up can't ignore what I say
I got my own philosophy

I hate everyone equally
You can't tear that out of me
No segregation -separation
Just me in my world of enemies

I never said I wanted to be God's disciple
I'll never be the one to blindly follow
I'll never be the one to bear the cross-disciple

I reject this fudgein' race
I despise this fudgein' place

hey Andy... here's a band for you, i have a couple of their CDs

I have 3-4 Rotting Christ tracks, my favourite is You My Flesh. They're good.

Check for new replies or respond here...