inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which sports stars do you absolutely dislike?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/29/04 at 10:01 pm

Most disliked sports stars poll!

Subject: Re: Which sports stars do you absolutely dislike?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/29/04 at 10:07 pm

Jeff Gordon is my #1 pick because he comes off as a goody-two-shoes too many times! Also I absolutely have no love lost for KURT BUSCH! Kobe Bryant p*sses me off too.Kobe,you KNOW you did it,be a MAN and own up to it!

Written By: woops on 05/29/04 at 11:39 pm

Other:

Anna Kournikova
(Forgot his name)  Rocker (bigot baseball player)
Dennis Rodman

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/29/04 at 11:44 pm

"Because he comes across as a goody two-shoes?' What kind of a reason is that, Tony? ::)
Why not Tony Stewart? Or Sterling Marlin? Or Jimmy Spencer? But I'm not here to question your choices on who to hate. But at least Jeff Gordon hasn't raped women, fought physically with his peers or said racial ephitets. Nobody's perfect.
BTW, my others include Randy Moss, Mark McGwire, Pedro Martinez, and Bill Walton (althought he's not playing anymore.)
Jeff Gordon is my #1 pick because he comes off as a goody-two-shoes too many times! Also I absolutely have no love lost for KURT BUSCH! Kobe Bryant p*sses me off too.Kobe,you KNOW you did it,be a MAN and own up to it!

Written By: 80sRocked on 05/30/04 at 12:51 am

"Because he comes across as a goody two-shoes?' What kind of a reason is that, Tony? ::)
Why not Tony Stewart? Or Sterling Marlin? Or Jimmy Spencer?...But at least Jeff Gordon hasn't raped women, fought physically with his peers or said racial ephitets. Nobody's perfect.

I agree.

I admittadly am not a Nascar fan, but if I had to choose anyone for someone to admire and look up to, Jeff Gordon would be on that list.  There's no reaon for him not to be.

Written By: Gecko on 05/30/04 at 2:19 am

Here's a name for the Aussies - I can't stand Anthony Mundine.  He really really annoys me.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 11:49 am

I agree.

I admittadly am not a Nascar fan, but if I had to choose anyone for someone to admire and look up to, Jeff Gordon would be on that list.  There's no reaon for him not to be.
I've seen Jeff Gordon do some pretty dumb things on the track,and NASCAR looked the other way,because in the mid to late 1990's he was their main draw(besides Dale Earnhardt).Besides,as a fan for life of Dale Sr. I have no love lost for Gordon as a racer but I admit he's a decent person,okay?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 11:53 am

John Rocker is a nobody as far as I'm concerned. I have no love lost for bigots like him! And Alex Rodriguez has a humongously overinflated EGO!!! Same with Barry Bonds!!!

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/04 at 11:54 am

I don't think much of most of the prima donna footballers we have playing in the Football English Premier League. Always falling over looking for a foul . . .  ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 12:15 pm

I don't think much of most of the prima donna footballers we have playing in the Football English Premier League. Always falling over looking for a foul . . .  ::)
the WWE's Vince McMahon is the most despicable wrestling franchise owner,IMO!

Written By: hoogbest on 05/30/04 at 1:35 pm

Pete Rose FOREVER! >:(

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/04 at 1:55 pm

the WWE's Vince McMahon is the most despicable wrestling franchise owner,IMO!

There are at least two people worse than McMahon, Tony. Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff. Vince Russo was originally a script writer for WWE in the late 90s.  At a time when WCW was going through it's boom period of time, loads of wrestlers fled to the organisation and were promised fat pay packets. Russo's ego grew and he quickly became an ex disgruntled employee of the WWE and followed the wrestlers, believing he would have the power, like McMahon has over WWE, over WCW.

Bischoff started off as an announcer for WCW in the early 90s and quickly became a negative influential force in WCW. These two men destroyed the organisation with their stupid wrestling ideas and egos. They caused WWE to do two things that would quickly damage the wrestling business. One is that WCW were hosting P-P-Vs once every month and WWE had to do the same thing to keep up (hence the 'In Your House Series' followed by Backlash, Unforgiven, Armageddon . . .)  - of course, this would mean the lack of decent plot development and further stagnation. The other is that, like it or not, the pair of them, along with the NWO, started off the whole 'Attitude' era of wrestling. Feuds getting personal, involving wrestling politics, long-winded monologues from wrestlers/owners were the 'inventions' of WCW and they weren't good ones either.

I think Vince, despite the fact that he has since followed the same path as Russo and Bischoff, loves the wrestling business unlike these two hangers on. I don't agree with the way he is leading the company right now however . . .

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 3:00 pm

Pete Rose FOREVER! >:(
As far as Pete Rose goes,he is a gambling addict. And addiction of any kind is an ILLNESS! But that does not make it right that 1)it took him this long to own up to betting on baseball 2)he bet on his own team and 3)he is profiting from writing a book about it!

Written By: resinchaser on 05/30/04 at 3:12 pm

Other. I can't stand Tony Stewart (nothing personal Tony20fan4ever).

Some other stars I don't like are Bill Romanowski, Brian Marchment, and NHL fans will remember Ulf Samuelson.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/30/04 at 3:25 pm

Reggie White...his religious shtick drives me absolutely NUTS! And Jeremy Shockey.....just plain DUMB.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/04 at 5:04 pm

Shaquille O'Neal.

Something about that guy I just don't like.  Seems to me that he would not be somebody I would want to watch my back.  :-\\

Written By: Harmonica on 05/30/04 at 10:22 pm

For the Record, Vince Russo is an idiot, and he killed WCW practically by himself.

Now to answer the question. My pick would have to be Mr. Mike Tyson, or as he calls himself Myph Tythson. The guy is a complete moron. I also want to say that Brett Farve is a good sport when he wins, and a poor sport crybaby when he looses. Dennis Rodman needs his ass kicked. Jeff Gordon is a crybaby as well.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/30/04 at 11:24 pm

O.J. for getting away with murder...
Bobby Cox...manager (Okay, not an athelete) of the braves...for beating his wife..she called police and then recanted, probably out of fear >:(
Ray Lewis-Got away with murder
ALL the Kansas City Qeafs....for being a bunch of crybabies...I thought poor little trent green was about to cry on national television when Denver crushed them last season in the re-match in Denver.

ANY athelete who "Taunts"....get over yourselves "Losers" it's just a game.....yes I include MY Colorado teams and have the gems to admit that.

Written By: 80sRocked on 05/30/04 at 11:55 pm

I've seen Jeff Gordon do some pretty dumb things on the track,and NASCAR looked the other way...

I think that would apply to every driver that ever took the wheel in any racing league at some point or another in their career.

I doubt they are curtieously looking in their rear-view mirror and using turn signals when changing lanes while on the track. :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/31/04 at 12:52 am

O.J. for getting away with murder...
Bobby Cox...manager (Okay, not an athelete) of the braves...for beating his wife..she called police and then recanted, probably out of fear >:(
Ray Lewis-Got away with murder
ALL the Kansas City Qeafs....for being a bunch of crybabies...I thought poor little trent green was about to cry on national television when Denver crushed them last season in the re-match in Denver.

ANY athelete who "Taunts"....get over yourselves "Losers" it's just a game.....yes I include MY Colorado teams and have the gems to admit that.

Rae Carruth,because he killed someone,but unlike Ray Lewis,he was actually PUNISHED!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/31/04 at 12:58 am

I think that would apply to every driver that ever took the wheel in any racing league at some point or another in their career.

I doubt they are curtieously looking in their rear-view mirror and using turn signals when changing lanes while on the track. :)

What I mean is jumping the gun on restarts,pulling kamikaze moves at the wrong time(such as on the road courses like Infineon and Watkins Glen....Read Stewart's autobiography about when he was treated like that by Gordon at the Glen!)and loudmouths like KURT BUSCH!

Written By: Bobby on 05/31/04 at 12:00 pm

For the Record, Vince Russo is an idiot, and he killed WCW practically by himself.

Of course.

Apparently, some people love him because he puts 'entertainment before wrestling'. If anybody thinks listening to a person come to the ring and whine on about wrestling politics for half an hour is entertainment, then they really shouldn't be watching it.  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/04 at 12:29 pm

Karl freaking Malone.  He is the biggest whiner Utah ever had.  Every summer he would whine about the $$ he was making...the big stories would be "is he staying or leaving" then he would stay.  He would complain about other players, forget the fact he couldn't hit a free throw to save his life.  Then he whines about not getting a ring and takes a huge cut in pay to go to the Lakers to try to get one.  Forget the fact that we would have beat the Bulls and had the ring if he had hit his free throws.  Now he whines that he wasn't treated right here.  Um, every season he was treated like a king and the summer whining was forgotten.  Get over yourself, Karl!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/31/04 at 5:04 pm

I'm beginning to think Allan Iverson is a total A**HOLE!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/01/04 at 3:04 am

I agree with those 2, also let me agree with Indy and say Bill Walton, Mr. Know-It-All.  Also don't like Tony Stewart, just cuz he "plays" dirty when he races.  Heck, I could be here all night.

:(You would not have liked Dale Earnhardt Sr(RIP) either. He was an aggressive driver on the race track! :-\\

Written By: conker on 06/01/04 at 6:12 am

Carl Lewis was always someone I hated for his attitude.  Nothing wrong with knowing you are the Best at a certain point in your career and having a 'swagger' are fine but he was just plain arrogantand codesending to others and his fans.  Finally though his 'I never used drugs' claim has finally come back to bite him.  While Canada (Ben Johnson), Germany, UK and other athletic associations have worked to clean up the sport as best they can the USOC seems to continue hiding and using Clintonesque justifications for not testing or releasing results.

Written By: Cheetara on 06/01/04 at 7:10 am

Tiki Barber
Ray Lewis
Keyshawn Johnson

Written By: goodsin on 06/01/04 at 8:20 am

Max Biaggi (Moto GP). Whinging gimp! Go, Rossi....

Written By: Cheetara on 06/01/04 at 10:48 am

Just Tiki, not Ronde too? ;D

LOL @ 80s.  Well I never met Ronde...but I did meet Tiki and he was a jerk.  :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/01/04 at 11:25 am

Rae Carruth,because he killed someone,but unlike Ray Lewis,he was actually PUNISHED!
Yeah.."Hiring" somebody to murder his pregnant girlfriend (The Baby survived" is just plain "Chicken-sh*t"  >:( I'm sick that he was in the picture on the cover of SI back when Kordell and the Colorado Buffaloes played they "Miracle In Michigan" game back in 1994....at least he did make the winning catch (Michael Westbrook)....

Written By: Cheetara on 06/01/04 at 3:35 pm

Yeah, most of them are, but he's easy on the eyes ;D

True.  ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/01/04 at 5:36 pm

Kordell Stewart is an overrated chickens*** pretty boy!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/01/04 at 5:40 pm

All you wrestling fans are probably gonna disagree with me on this one-HULK HOGAN! The Hulkster has flipped-flopped from being a hero,to a heel,to a hero,to a heel...ENOUGH ALREADY!

Written By: Bobby on 06/01/04 at 7:19 pm

All you wrestling fans are probably gonna disagree with me on this one-HULK HOGAN! The Hulkster has flipped-flopped from being a hero,to a heel,to a hero,to a heel...ENOUGH ALREADY!

Lol. Hogan is a double-edged sword. Overnight, he became the main reason why people watch so much of wrestling (Esp. regarding the Rock 'n' Wrestling connection in the early/mid 80s). He main evented at the first 9 Wrestlemanias and took part in the most crucial match in wrestling history - Hulk Hogan V Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3.

The flip side to this is that McMahon created a monster he had little control over towards the end of Hogan's nine year stint with the WWF. Hogan was thinking about the movies and, unlike The Rock, decided to balance the two careers until he decided to quit wrestling short term. At Wrestlemania 5 alone against 'Machoman' Randy Savage, he got paid a million dollars for that match! I dread to think how much they paid him to job to The Ultimate Warrior one year later.

WCW (around 1995 - 1998 the time Bischoff was desperately looking for new ways to capitalise on WWF's steroid scandal) were trying new things that were thought impossible previously and this involved Hogan turning heel to become the NWO (New World Order) with Nash and Hall (both never regained their fan appeal after losing their Diesel/Razor Ramon identities). However, this became a coo for WCW, and probably the start of the beginning of the end for everything I cherished about wrestling. I don't blame Hogan for this and I don't blame WCW either. The whole thing made big business and it was bound to evolve sooner or later . . .

As for Hogan switching from heel to face and vice-versa, there are wrestlers that have done that more so than Hogan. Hogan did about 10 or 11 years straight without switching to heel which is more than can be said for the likes of HHH, The Rock, Steve Austin and The Undertaker. All of which have played the alignment change card one too many times.  ::)

Written By: AL-B on 06/01/04 at 7:19 pm

Ryan Leaf

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/01/04 at 9:17 pm

Kordell Stewart is an overrated chickens*** pretty boy!!
Don't hold back Tony20fan4ever....tell me how you Really feel!

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/02/04 at 11:40 am

Speaking of the WWE, Vince McMahon is the worst human being to ever own a sports league or franchise. Even Ted Turner or Steinbrenner aren't as callous. As for wrestlers, I can't stand The Quebequers, Rakishi, or Trish Stratus.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/04 at 6:29 pm

Speaking of the WWE, Vince McMahon is the worst human being to ever own a sports league or franchise..

I used to piss my ex-brother in-law off SO bad by being a commentator during matches...I would tell him what was going to happen and he'd say..."You must've seen this before" but it was LIVE! I alos used to rattle him by saying that if it were a real sport it would  have been in the Sports section of the paper...or on ESPN. It is NOT a sport, therefore McMahon does not own a Sports franchise...he runs an entertainment franchise ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/02/04 at 6:31 pm

But it's not entertainment either. I would name it WWI (World Wrestling Implosion or World Wrestling Idiots).

I used to tick my ex-brother in-law off SO bad by being a commentator during matches...I would tell him what was going to happen and he'd say..."You must've seen this before" but it was LIVE! I alos used to rattle him by saying that if it were a real sport it would  have been in the Sports section of the paper...or on ESPN. It is NOT a sport, therefore McMahon does not own a Sports franchise...he runs an entertainment franchise ;)

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/04 at 6:31 pm

Speaking of the WWE, Vince McMahon is the worst human being to ever own a sports league or franchise. Even Ted Turner or Steinbrenner aren't as callous. As for wrestlers, I can't stand The Quebequers, Rakishi, or Trish Stratus.

You don't like Trish Stratus, Indy Gent? Cor, she can bearhug me anytime.  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/02/04 at 6:40 pm

Nope, still mourning the death of Miss Elizabeth. :\'(
But she is better than the entire McMahon family.

You don't like Trish Stratus, Indy Gent? Cor, she can bearhug me anytime.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/04 at 7:12 pm

Nope, still mourning the death of Miss Elizabeth. :\'(
But she is better than the entire McMahon family.

Ah. Elisabeth was a classy lady. You know, 'Machoman' Randy Savage married Elisabeth Hewlett in 1984 but the WWF wanted to boost the ratings of their P-P-V Summerslam in 1991 so they hosted a fake marriage to coincide with a storyline that developed between the pair during Wrestlemania 7. Funnily enough, both Randy and Liz divorced for real a year later.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/02/04 at 7:59 pm

I can't believe a NASCAR driver,Scott Wimmer,would get busted for DWI. Pretty stupid on his part. And why the h*ll are the s*itrags(tabloids like the Enquirer and the Star)after DALE EARNHARDT JR?...can't they leave him out of their disgusting rumormonging cheapshot'reporting'!?!

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/02/04 at 8:02 pm

I do not like the way most sports stars think that just because they may have a lot of money that somehow makes them superior >:(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/02/04 at 8:09 pm

I do not like the way most sports stars think that just because they may have a lot of money that somehow makes them superior >:(
I admire those sports stars who find room in their hearts and money in their wallets(and bank accounts)to give TIME as well as money to deserving charities!

Written By: Dagwood on 06/02/04 at 8:14 pm

I admire those sports stars who find room in their hearts and money in their wallets(and bank accounts)to give TIME as well as money to deserving charities!

Especially if they don't broadcast it to the world.  They just help with time and money without expecting anything in return.

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/02/04 at 8:26 pm

Especially if they don't broadcast it to the world.  They just help with time and money without expecting anything in return.
For that matter anyone giving to charity should just do it. Rosie made sure the world knew about her huge donation after 9-11 ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/02/04 at 9:21 pm

For that matter anyone giving to charity should just do it. Rosie made sure the world knew about her huge donation after 9-11 ::)

It makes me wonder if they are trying to convice the world or themselves that they are good people.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/02/04 at 9:36 pm

;) I know that the HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS drivers,namely Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson,are involved with bone marrow donation,or at least raising $$$$ for the cause!! Those two are not my fave drivers,but I have to give 'em credit for caring! 8)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/02/04 at 9:50 pm

Mike Tyson. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/04 at 10:38 pm

;) I know that the HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS drivers,namely Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson,are involved with bone marrow donation,or at least raising $$$$ for the cause!! Those two are not my fave drivers,but I have to give 'em credit for caring! 8)
I like that also...Jeff isn't THAT bad..he just pissed me off when he switched sponsership from Coca-Cola to Pepsi :P

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/04 at 11:43 am

But it's not entertainment either. I would name it WWI (World Wrestling Implosion or World Wrestling Idiots).

:\'(

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/03/04 at 11:50 am

This is going to sound weird, but Derek Jeter.  Yes, I respect him as an athlete but he has let his success go to his head and he thinks he is God's gift to women and everyone else on this earth.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/03/04 at 11:53 am

Sorry to break it to you, Bobby. :(

:\'(

Written By: Bobby on 06/03/04 at 11:59 am

Sorry to break it to you, Bobby. :(

The WWE IMO went off the rails around 1992. I still like to watch it though I find myself getting frustrated at how predictable it all gets.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/03/04 at 5:41 pm

The WWE IMO went off the rails around 1992. I still like to watch it though I find myself getting frustrated at how predictable it all gets.
I miss the days when the WWE was worth watching-when it was the WWF. And I really miss WCW....especially the Four Horsemen and the Steiner brothers! Oh well,I still have NASCAR and Philadelphia EAGLES football!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/03/04 at 5:45 pm

I don't see how anyone can dislike Tony Stewart as a decent guy away from the racetrack! He's a caring guy...and a true friend to many people who have gotten to know him.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/03/04 at 6:34 pm

Maybe Stewart is a better person off the track than he is on it. All I know is the other drivers have complained about his boorish attitude (that he'll cause accidents to win races) and reckless driving. He dismisses it, saying "it's just racing."
I don't see how anyone can dislike Tony Stewart as a decent guy away from the racetrack! He's a caring guy...and a true friend to many people who have gotten to know him.

Written By: AL-B on 06/03/04 at 8:00 pm

Lawrence Phillips. In 1995, while playing at the University of Nebraska as an I-back, Phillips was leading the nation in rushing and was the front-runner for the Heisman Trophy when he took it upon himself to drag his girlfriend down three flights of stairs by her HAIR. Coach Tom Osborne suspended him, taking him out of Heisman contention, but then later reinstated him in a decision that is still controversial to this day. Osborne says the reason he did this was because he felt Phillips had nowhere else to go, but personally I thought he should have dropped this bum like a hot potato.
     Phillips left Nebraska after his junior year to pursue a career in the NFL. He was chosen in the first round by the St. Louis Rams. While he had more than enough natural physical talent to excel in the pros, his arrogance and stupidity kept getting him into trouble. He did several brief stints with different teams, but they, too, quickly tired of his bullsh*t and he never did realize his potential. The last I heard he was playing for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League about a year or two ago. I believe he led the CFL in rushing yards but again, his old habits came back and he just one day decided not to show up. I haven't heard anything since then.
    If Sports Illustrated ever did a feature on the "Top 100 Sports A**holes Of The 20th Century," I think Lawrence Phillips should be up in the top 10. He could have won the Heisman, and he could've been a top NFL running back--quite possibly even a perennial Pro Bowl selection--making untold millions of dollars. But, no, he couldn't have his way all the time, so now he is most likely a bum doing God-knows-what.  And I couldn't be happier. He has burned all of his bridges, he has forever given the Nebraska Cornhuskers a bad name, and I hope that someday he winds up playing for the Indiana Firebirds of the Arena Football League just so I can laugh at him with that ridiculous-looking bird on his helmet.

Written By: resinchaser on 06/03/04 at 9:57 pm

Lawrence Phillips. In 1995, while playing at the University of Nebraska as an I-back, Phillips was leading the nation in rushing and was the front-runner for the Heisman Trophy when he took it upon himself to drag his girlfriend down three flights of stairs by her HAIR. Coach Tom Osborne suspended him, taking him out of Heisman contention, but then later reinstated him in a decision that is still controversial to this day. Osborne says the reason he did this was because he felt Phillips had nowhere else to go, but personally I thought he should have dropped this bum like a hot potato.
      Phillips left Nebraska after his junior year to pursue a career in the NFL. He was chosen in the first round by the St. Louis Rams. While he had more than enough natural physical talent to excel in the pros, his arrogance and stupidity kept getting him into trouble. He did several brief stints with different teams, but they, too, quickly tired of his bullsh*t and he never did realize his potential. The last I heard he was playing for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League about a year or two ago. I believe he led the CFL in rushing yards but again, his old habits came back and he just one day decided not to show up. I haven't heard anything since then.
     If Sports Illustrated ever did a feature on the "Top 100 Sports A**holes Of The 20th Century," I think Lawrence Phillips should be up in the top 10. He could have won the Heisman, and he could've been a top NFL running back--quite possibly even a perennial Pro Bowl selection--making untold millions of dollars. But, no, he couldn't have his way all the time, so now he is most likely a bum doing God-knows-what.  And I couldn't be happier. He has burned all of his bridges, he has forever given the Nebraska Cornhuskers a bad name, and I hope that someday he winds up playing for the Indiana Firebirds of the Arena Football League just so I can laugh at him with that ridiculous-looking bird on his helmet.

He's a jackass. A couple of years ago he played here in Montreal and the team suspended him because he just disappeared for like a week. He claimed that he was injured and that the teams medical staff wasn't good enough for him. Than he started bitching about wanting more money, and than it was obvious that he wasn't injured he was just a spoiled brat.

Thankfully they got rid of him. He's now a problem for the Calgary Stampeders.

Written By: 80sRocked on 06/03/04 at 10:10 pm

I am writing this off the top of my head and can'r remember his first name, but another one that comes to mine is Peyton Manning's younger brother that just got drafted this year into the NFL.

The little punk hasn't even played yet and I am already annoyed by him.

Bottom line is, he was drafted by a team he didn't want to go to and threw a little temper tantrum about it.

You would think that with all the kids who pour their heart and sould into getting a chance to get drafted by the NFL, they would all be greatful just to be drafted.  This little punk had the nerve to be selective, and made an a** of himself as far as I'm concerned.

Written By: resinchaser on 06/03/04 at 10:23 pm

I am writing this off the top of my head and can'r remember his first name, but another one that comes to mine is Peyton Manning's younger brother that just got drafted this year into the NFL.

The little punk hasn't even played yet and I am already annoyed by him.

Bottom line is, he was drafted by a team he didn't want to go to and threw a little temper tantrum about it.

You would think that with all the kids who pour their heart and sould into getting a chance to get drafted by the NFL, they would all be greatful just to be drafted.  This little punk had the nerve to be selective, and made an a** of himself as far as I'm concerned.

I wish the Chargers could have kept him just to let him sit out for a year.

Hopefully Kurt Warner has a great year leaving Eli on the bench.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/03/04 at 10:49 pm

I wish the Chargers could have kept him just to let him sit out for a year.

Hopefully Kurt Warner has a great year leaving Eli on the bench.
GOTTA get into this one! My man, John Elway was a little sh*t once upon a time....he jilted Baltimore for Denver..but I believe he paid his dues by surviving through the Dan Reeves Era ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/04/04 at 4:11 am

GOTTA get into this one! My man, John Elway was a little sh*t once upon a time....he jilted Baltimore for Denver..but I believe he paid his dues by surviving through the Dan Reeves Era ;)
John Elway-one hell of a quarterback,IMO!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/04/04 at 6:07 pm

Barry Bonds.His OVERINFLATED EGO will catch up to him someday!!

Written By: Harmonica on 06/04/04 at 9:58 pm

Bobby and Tony20fan4ever - it's nice to finally see people who are old school fans of WWE(F) and WCW. Most people my age and older than me that I talk to starting watching in 1997, the year wrestling went from Wrestling entertainment, to Raunchy Entertainment. I started watching in 1988, back when it was cool. And for the record Bobby pro wrestling went to sheesh in 1997 and slowy started to regroup in 2000, although it still has it's retarded moments.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/04 at 5:57 am

How about coaches,college and pro? Bobby Knight takes the prize for "Most likely to blow up at any given moment"! And Indiana Pacers player Ron Artest seems to fly off the handle a lot!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/04 at 9:05 am

Barry Bonds.His OVERINFLATED EGO will catch up to him someday!!
I only hope that the test results for his "Alleged"  ::) steroid use come out before catches Babe Ruth on the Home Run list :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/05/04 at 11:24 am

That's why the Pacers were eliminated from post-season play. It might have been a touchy foul, but Artest needs to chill out when he's called for a foul like that. Hey, Ron, don't wait until the playoffs to do something that cost's your team the victory. >:( :(
And Indiana Pacers player Ron Artest seems to fly off the handle a lot!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/04 at 3:43 pm

That's why the Pacers were eliminated from post-season play. It might have been a touchy foul, but Artest needs to chill out when he's called for a foul like that. Hey, Ron, don't wait until the playoffs to do something that cost's your team the victory. >:( :(

I agree, Indy. Hey, both our teams are pretty young so let's hope for better results next season...Go Pacer and Nuggets ;)

Written By: Bobby on 06/05/04 at 4:16 pm

Bobby and Tony20fan4ever - it's nice to finally see people who are old school fans of WWE(F) and WCW. Most people my age and older than me that I talk to starting watching in 1997, the year wrestling went from Wrestling entertainment, to Raunchy Entertainment. I started watching in 1988, back when it was cool. And for the record Bobby pro wrestling went to sh** in 1997 and slowy started to regroup in 2000, although it still has it's retarded moments.

1992 was a personal 'went to sh*t' thing for me. You are absolutely right though, Harmonica, 1997 saw the WWF going literally to sh*t after reeling from a big steroids scandal and WCW were getting more exposure (plus more money from Ted Turner).  A lot of the old school wrestlers lost their contracts in 1992 one way or another (Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine, Haku, Hercules, Warlord, Barbarian, Texas Tornado, 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka). Some of these guys were past their sell-by-date but their ring experience and familiarity outshine a lot of the newer guys - Even, former members of The Powers of Pain, Barbarian and Warlord (both have been accused of having little charisma) were always highly anticipated.

By Royal Rumble 1993, the WWF were getting desperate. They must have been - Look who was in the Rumble to start with; Carlos Colon, Damian Demento, Terry Taylor, Tenryu . . .

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/04 at 6:19 pm

1992 was a personal 'went to sh*t' thing for me. You are absolutely right though, Harmonica, 1997 saw the WWF going literally to sh*t after reeling from a big steroids scandal and WCW were getting more exposure (plus more money from Ted Turner).  A lot of the old school wrestlers lost their contracts in 1992 one way or another (Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine, Haku, Hercules, Warlord, Barbarian, Texas Tornado, 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka). Some of these guys were past their sell-by-date but their ring experience and familiarity outshine a lot of the newer guys - Even, former members of The Powers of Pain, Barbarian and Warlord (both have been accused of having little charisma) were always highly anticipated.

By Royal Rumble 1993, the WWF were getting desperate. They must have been - Look who was in the Rumble to start with; Carlos Colon, Damian Demento, Terry Taylor, Tenryu . . .
Here in America,on NBC,there was a WWF(now WWE)show every couple of months,on 'late night'TV...Saturday Night's Main Event! The show ran during the mid to late 1980's and had HUGE ratings success....but the NBC brass canceled it for some dumba** reasons :o...There were always decent matchups and title defenses on "Main Event"...

Written By: Harmonica on 06/05/04 at 10:25 pm

Bobby - I see your point but I'll say that I thought Royal Rumble 1993 was cool. Carlos Colon was a Puerto Rican Legend. His fueds with Abdullah the Butcher was magnificent. Genchiro Tenryu was a Japanese legend, he was like Harley Race to the japanese fans. What you didn't like the Red Rooster?

Tony20fan4ever - I never got to watch much of Saturday Night's Main Event I was too little at the time and it was on "late" but I remember watching Don Muraco and King Kong Bundy beat up on Hogan once and Hillbilly Jim coming to the rescue.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/06/04 at 1:04 am

John Rocker(MLB) and Jeremy ShockeyNY Giants-NFC) are trash-talking LOSERS!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/06/04 at 1:07 am

Pay-Rod(Alex Rodriguez)has the same overinflated ego and chip on his shoulder as Barry Bonds...imagine if they were on THE SAME TEAM...

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/04 at 6:53 pm

Here in America,on NBC,there was a WWF(now WWE)show every couple of months,on 'late night'TV...Saturday Night's Main Event! The show ran during the mid to late 1980's and had HUGE ratings success....but the NBC brass canceled it for some dumba** reasons :o...There were always decent matchups and title defenses on "Main Event"...

I appreciate that and I remember a  match or two ('Rowdy' Roddy Piper V 'Ravashing' Rick Rude in an excellent steel cage match springs to mind and Hulk Hogan made a successful defence of his World title against Hercules) but I was under the impression they were kind of like the 'Raw or Smackdown' thing at the time. They were good and showed decent stuff but I certainly wouldn't call them P-P-Vs in the purest sense. They used to show TNT (Tuesday Night Titans?) as well later on. Was that in a kind of talk show format? Being from England, I never got a chance to see those. If they were, that is an excellent way of introducing wrestlers to the public and more interesting than having them bore people to death, jabbering on for half an hour in the ring on a format that is supposed to show wrestling.

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/04 at 7:20 pm

Bobby - I see your point but I'll say that I thought Royal Rumble 1993 was cool. Carlos Colon was a Puerto Rican Legend. His fueds with Abdullah the Butcher was magnificent. Genchiro Tenryu was a Japanese legend, he was like Harley Race to the japanese fans. What you didn't like the Red Rooster?

Royal Rumble 1993, for me, wasn't a total loss but it just lacked the superstar power previous Rumbles had. I recognise Colon was a hardcore legend previously but didn't know much about him and I know absolutely nothing about Tenryu. The way I see it, if they had to bring these guys in, regardless of their status in other organisations, it says something about the WWF's rosta at the time. As it happened, Colon did alright in the Rumble (he eliminated Damian Demento).

Red Rooster was a gimmick going nowhere (he had a mullet with a red mohican cut into it and he did that awful strutting thing with his neck). Taylor didn't have a great deal of success as a wrestler in the WWF (he scored a notable pinfall over his former manager Bobby Heenan at Wrestlemania 5). Taylor did better when he crossed over to WCW and formed a successful tag team with former WWF Stalwart, Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine. I think Taylor became an official of some description with WCW after his career was finished and I have seen him recently on NWA-TNA. He got beaten up - some things never change.  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/06/04 at 8:24 pm

I appreciate that and I remember a  match or two ('Rowdy' Roddy Piper V 'Ravashing' Rick Rude in an excellent steel cage match springs to mind and Hulk Hogan made a successful defence of his World title against Hercules) but I was under the impression they were kind of like the 'Raw or Smackdown' thing at the time. They were good and showed decent stuff but I certainly wouldn't call them P-P-Vs in the purest sense. They used to show TNT (Tuesday Night Titans?) as well later on. Was that in a kind of talk show format? Being from England, I never got a chance to see those. If they were, that is an excellent way of introducing wrestlers to the public and more interesting than having them bore people to death, jabbering on for half an hour in the ring on a format that is supposed to show wrestling.
NBC is one of the BIG THREE TV networks here in the States. So it's not pay per  view it's regular broadcast TV.

Written By: Harmonica on 06/06/04 at 11:26 pm

Bobby - Terry Tayler was also a member of Alexandria York's(Marlena: Terri Runnels) Big Team which I can't recall the name of it now. I remember Ricky Morton helping Taylor attack his former Tag Team Partner Robert Gibson to become a part of the group though. I was 4 1/2 maybe 5 and I wanted to Help Gibson get back at Morton.

Written By: Bobby on 06/07/04 at 5:04 am

Bobby - Terry Tayler was also a member of Alexandria York's(Marlena: Terri Runnels) Big Team which I can't recall the name of it now. I remember Ricky Morton helping Taylor attack his former Tag Team Partner Robert Gibson to become a part of the group though. I was 4 1/2 maybe 5 and I wanted to Help Gibson get back at Morton.

That's very true. It was called The York Foundation. The Rock and Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) were big business in WCW and Smokey Mountain Wrestling. Gibson was the deaf one and would often communicate with Morton via sign language and Morton was a perfect example of a guy that shouldn't have turned heel (it never suited him). Remember a guy who entered the Foundation called Michael Wall Street? His name was Mike Rotundo and went to the WWF straight after as taxman I.R.S (Irwin R Schyster). Rotundo was quite a big guy but when he went to WWF and started facing people bigger than him he didn't look much of a force. Still, he took the WWF tag titles a couple of times with Ted Dibiase. He came back to WCW around the mid 90s and formed The Varsity Club with Kevin Sullivan.

He also appeared at Wrestlemania 1 with another WCW veteran called Barry Windham and fought against The Iron Shiek and Nikolai Volkoff.

Written By: Harmonica on 06/07/04 at 12:58 pm

Rotundo was also in the Varisity Clubb before with Rick Steiner. I know quite a bit about Rotundo he was an All American at Syracuse University and when Title IX was threatening Syracuse's wrestling program he helped support it as well as Barry Whindham who also wrestled for the Orangemen. Unfortunately Syracuse was forced to drop their wrestling program.

Barry Whindham and Rotundo were known as the U.S. Express.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/08/04 at 3:42 pm

That's very true. It was called The York Foundation. The Rock and Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) were big business in WCW and Smokey Mountain Wrestling. Gibson was the deaf one and would often communicate with Morton via sign language and Morton was a perfect example of a guy that shouldn't have turned heel (it never suited him). Remember a guy who entered the Foundation called Michael Wall Street? His name was Mike Rotundo and went to the WWF straight after as taxman I.R.S (Irwin R Schyster). Rotundo was quite a big guy but when he went to WWF and started facing people bigger than him he didn't look much of a force. Still, he took the WWF tag titles a couple of times with Ted Dibiase. He came back to WCW around the mid 90s and formed The Varsity Club with Kevin Sullivan.

He also appeared at Wrestlemania 1 with another WCW veteran called Barry Windham and fought against The Iron Shiek and Nikolai Volkoff.
Alexandra York claimed she used computer programs to guide her wrestlers....what did she use,WRESTLER RABBIT?(mocking"Reader Rabbit',software used to teach pre-reading and beginning reading skills)"Step one,grab your opponent,step two,take foreign object out of trunks and bash him with it...."And the computer she used....a Radio Shack portable from the mid 80's...lame!!

Written By: Dagwood on 06/22/04 at 6:00 pm

Still on Mundine - I can't believe I left this out of my last post! - he said that all those killed in the September 11 attacks had it coming.  >:(

Ok, I've never heard of him but don't like him now either.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/22/04 at 6:07 pm

Still on Mundine - I can't believe I left this out of my last post! - he said that all those killed in the September 11 attacks had it coming.   >:(
What a p*ick! Someone oughta give him an uppercut to the jaw and take out some teeth...Let him say stuff like that to an American sports star....someone with GUTS like Tony Stewart...or Stone Cold Steve Austin..OUCH!!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/22/04 at 6:10 pm

Maybe Mundine should share living quarters with Mike "Nutcase Cannibal" Tyson....in a padded SECLUSION ROOM!!

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/22/04 at 10:55 pm

Pay-Rod    :P

(good call, Tony20fan4ever!)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/25/04 at 7:59 am

Maybe Mundine should share living quarters with Mike "Nutcase Cannibal" Tyson....in a padded SECLUSION ROOM!!

That's the only boxing match I would consider watching !  Where Mundine got the crap beaten out of him  :D

Written By: mandamoo on 06/26/04 at 4:44 am

That's the only boxing match I would consider watching !  Where Mundine got the crap beaten out of him  :D

But you know that'll never happen. ::)  :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/26/04 at 4:58 pm

Boxing vs. Martial Arts.....Mundine vs. Jackie Chan! Maybe Mundine should watch 'Rumble In The Bronx' to know what types of PUNISHMENT he'd be in for!!

Written By: bbigd04 on 07/03/04 at 2:36 am

John Rocker is a nobody as far as I'm concerned. I have no love lost for bigots like him! And Alex Rodriguez has a humongously overinflated EGO!!! Same with Barry Bonds!!!

Add Derek Jeter "Mr. I'm not happy with 4 world series rings" to that list. My team has been waiting 56 years for 1 ring, and that idiot isn't happy with his 4 in 8 years. I can't stand anything about the yankees, I hate that team. Bonds is another big jerk, thinks he's so great. Bonds is a big steroids user, wait in a couple of years he'll be like Mc Gwire who was once so great then in 2 years could barely walk to the plate.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/03/04 at 6:38 pm

Add Derek Jeter "Mr. I'm not happy with 4 world series rings" to that list. My team has been waiting 56 years for 1 ring, and that idiot isn't happy with his 4 in 8 years. I can't stand anything about the yankees, I hate that team. Bonds is another big jerk, thinks he's so great. Bonds is a big steroids user, wait in a couple of years he'll be like Mc Gwire who was once so great then in 2 years could barely walk to the plate.
I was a Pittsburgh PIRATES fan in the early 90's....that team came oh so close to the World Series TWICE....they were beaten in the playoffs. And then Bonds had the AUDACITY to ask team owners for more money...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/03/04 at 6:40 pm

Boxing vs. Martial Arts.....Mundine vs. Jackie Chan! Maybe Mundine should watch 'Rumble In The Bronx' to know what types of PUNISHMENT he'd be in for!!
maybe Mundine could do his road work(jogging)...with Dale Earnhardt Jr. 'pushing him along' by chasing him in his #8 race car!!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/05 at 8:24 pm

Other. I can't stand Tony Stewart (nothing personal Tony20fan4ever).

Some other stars I don't like are Bill Romanowski, Brian Marchment, and NHL fans will remember Ulf Samuelson.

Why do you hate Tony Stewart, even though he has CHANGED his ways, bigtime? Just curious.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/05 at 8:26 pm

Another ex-NFL star gets caught with drug paraphernalia...http://articles.news.aol.com/special1/article.adp?id=20051127185709990005

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/05 at 8:36 pm

A lot of people here may not agree with me on this...But I find NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson very annoying. Him and his crew chief Chad Knaus. Both JJ and Knaus tried to mess with Tony Stewart's mind by saying negative things about the #20 car as well as Stewart himself during the fall race at Martinsville! Most drivers/crew chiefs NEVER stoop that low! Add to that Jimmie asking teammate AND part owner Jeff Gordon to let him lead in the same fall race!!

Check for new replies or respond here...