inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite video games

Written By: AL-B on 05/31/04 at 10:16 am

Just wondering, what PS2, X-Box, and/or Game Cube games do you really like?

My favorites (I have a PS2) are:

Medal of Honor: Frontline
World Of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2002
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
the Gran Turismo series

Subject: Re: Favorite video games

Written By: Bobby on 05/31/04 at 11:53 am

I have an X-Box and love arcadey style games like Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Blinks the Time Sweeper, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Halo etc. Love them.  :D

As for the PC, I love those God sims and Fantasy roleplay games. I love Sim City 4, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and Championship Manager 4. I am currently playing Sacred and NeverWinter Nights.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/31/04 at 12:41 pm

I have an X-Box and love arcadey style games like Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Blinks the Time Sweeper, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Halo etc. Love them.  :D

As for the PC, I love those God sims and Fantasy roleplay games. I love Sim City 4, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and Championship Manager 4. I am currently playing Sacred and NeverWinter Nights.

Good man Bobby :)  I'd suggest for anyone who hasn't tried it out, to go rent an Xbox and try the Tom Clancy line of games, spectacular.  The ESPN line of sports games (except for baseball, where I think EA is still a bit better) is great as well.  Right now I play Rainbow Six 3 with Jess and we have a blast killing pesky computer terrorists ;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/31/04 at 2:38 pm

Metal Gear Solid series.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/04 at 3:08 pm

How about Don King Kong, no matter how many times your guy gets knocked out, you still get fifty million bucks!
:D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/31/04 at 3:12 pm

How about Don King Kong, no matter how many times your guy gets knocked out, you still get fifty million bucks!

Do you mean Donkey Kong?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/04 at 3:20 pm

Do you mean Donkey Kong?

It's a joke, son!

Written By: Bobby on 05/31/04 at 5:30 pm

Ah I get it, Maxwell. Don King the boxing entrepeneur? It took a couple of looks though so I'm going to give you credit for subtlety.  ;)

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/31/04 at 7:18 pm

My favorites (I have a PS2) are:

Medal of Honor: Frontline
World Of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2002
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
the Gran Turismo series

Ditto to all those great games.
I also like Max Payne & Max Payne 2.
Waiting with baited breath for Driv3r to come out.

Written By: Fred on 05/31/04 at 8:12 pm

Metal Gear Solid series.

Amen to that.  ;) While MGS is my absolute favourite, I also enjoy many others others, some including: Call Of Duty (PC), Battlefield Vietnam (PC), Breakdown (Xbox), Halo (Xbox), Shining Force 1 & 2 (Genesis)

Written By: AL-B on 06/01/04 at 7:24 pm

Cool, is Bruce Seldon on there?!? (There's your obscure reference of the day!) :)

Written By: Lanie on 06/02/04 at 12:34 am

Grand Theft Auto:Vice City  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/04/05 at 5:32 pm

Mario Kart
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Galaga
Dig Dug

to name a few
:)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/04/05 at 5:52 pm

Top 5 Ps2:
1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty
4. The Sims
5. Grand Theft Auto 3

And my fave PC game is Championship Manager 5... shame about the snail's pace speed though  :-\\

Written By: Kenlos on 06/04/05 at 11:51 pm

I have a PS2 and my favorite games  are in no real order.

The Metal Gear Solid series
The Gran Turismo series
Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2

Those are the main ones I always buy but I like just about any sports games especially racing games.

Written By: Kyle on 06/05/05 at 2:54 pm

Anything that is the Sims, or is related to that type of game.  I got the Sims Deluxe Edition along with the Superstar, Unleashed, Vacation, and Hot Date expansion packs.  It's one of the best games you can get; you can actually control people's minds!  :)

I also have Madden NFL 2004, which is good too.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/17/06 at 1:29 am

During the late 90's and early 00's I was a big "Squarehead". Since then I've migrated over to tactical ops like Metal Gear and Syphon Filter. Actually my first venture into this genre was Parasite Eve

Check for new replies or respond here...