inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Revived Soap talk

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/07/04 at 4:46 pm

Hello. I was convince by RnRfan to bring this topic back. I was afraid to post anymore after all that i stirred up. Hopefully we can all pick up where we left it? I really enjoy AMC and hope the storyline involving Bianca will finally progress.

Subject: Re: Revived Soap talk

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/07/04 at 5:43 pm

Anyone know what happened on GH today? :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/07/04 at 8:52 pm

Haven't really watched it in months-I'm sure it is probably the same-old, same old, from when I last saw it.

Cat

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/08/04 at 7:03 am

Yeah, here are the happenings:

1. Ric continued to goad Alexis into being interested in him.
2. After the truth came out about Jason giving the check to Courtneys foundation instead of Jax, Courtney still forgave Jax because he gave her some line about she should have given him the benefit of the doubt.
3.  Nothing new with Sonny and Sam, they continue to drool over each other.  Sonny burst into Jason's place at the end of the show and said that Sam and Jason must get married right away.
4.  Felicia and Mac look like they are getting quite cozy.
5. Mary overheard Emily asking Tony what treatments are available for amnesia under the pretense of trying to help Jason remember his former life.  Mary is now freaking because she thinks Emily knows.  Emily really took it to Mary, telling her how it is terrible to rob someone of thier life, to keep the truth from them when you know they should be with someone else, etc., pretending she was referring to Jason, when really she was talking about Nicholas.
6. Emily asked Nicholas if he will consider hypnosis, he didn't answer yet.
7.  Nicholas blasted Alcazar over Alcazar's assignments putting Nicholas' life in danger.

That's all I can think of now.  If you ever want to find out what's going to happen the entire week, go to soapzone.com, there is a section called scoops and spoilers, and they tell you what's going to happen.  And they are accurate.

They revealed that Heather Webber is returning to the show, and she's the one that stabbed Det. Duncan with the ice pick.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/08/04 at 12:09 pm

They revealed that Heather Webber is returning to the show, and she's the one that stabbed Det. Duncan with the ice pick.
Is it going to be the only Heather? Robin Mattson :)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/08/04 at 12:12 pm

:o  No way!  That's awesome :D

Thanks for the link, I will have to check that out sometime.

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/08/04 at 12:19 pm

Is it going to be the only Heather? Robin Mattson :)

I don't think it's going to be her, but I can't say for sure.  I remember there was someone else who played Heather before Robin Matson, like back in the late '70's, but I can't remember her name.  I always think of her as the original.  She was very different from Matson's Heather.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/08/04 at 12:21 pm

I just read this on SoapTalk.com

Soap vet Robin Mattson is Reprising her role as Heather Webber the villainous character she portrayed on General Hospital from 1980-1983. "Heather will return this summer with a Vengeance" affirms Head Writer Robert Guza Jr. "It will be an exciting story that even old Heather Webber fans & people who know everything that ever happened in the show couldn't imagine," adds head writer Charles Pratt Jr. Guza notes that "the Thing that's Really cool is that Longtime Heather Webber Fans will go 'oh Of Course that Explains Much' when she comes back with the agendas she ever had, this one ranks right up there." Viewers will catch a glimpse of Heather on May 26, "but she will definitely figure prominently in the summer."

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/08/04 at 12:21 pm

:o  No way!  That's awesome :D

Thanks for the link, I will have to check that out sometime.

Isn't that amazing?  I couldn't believe it myself when I read it, who would have ever thought nutty Heather would come back?  :o

You're welcome.  I usually go to that link if I'm not sure if I can catch the show every day that week.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/08/04 at 12:31 pm

I just read this on SoapTalk.com

Soap vet Robin Mattson is Reprising her role as Heather Webber the villainous character she portrayed on General Hospital from 1980-1983. "Heather will return this summer with a Vengeance" affirms Head Writer Robert Guza Jr. "It will be an exciting story that even old Heather Webber fans & people who know everything that ever happened in the show couldn't imagine," adds head writer Charles Pratt Jr. Guza notes that "the Thing that's Really cool is that Longtime Heather Webber Fans will go 'oh Of Course that Explains Much' when she comes back with the agendas she ever had, this one ranks right up there." Viewers will catch a glimpse of Heather on May 26, "but she will definitely figure prominently in the summer."
Now all they need to do is bring back MacGyver (Jeff Webber)...

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/08/04 at 1:29 pm

WOW, it is her :D :D

I know what you mean RockandRollFan, there are some people I'd really like to see come back with good story lines.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/08/04 at 1:40 pm

WOW, it is her :D :D

I know what you mean RockandRollFan, there are some people I'd really like to see come back with good story lines.
Yeah..GH sure was on a roll when I started watching back in '79...little did anyone know that the show would explode into a great show in the years 1980-82! I wish Rick Springfield would come back but I've seen how much his music career suffered because of his stint on GH. ALL the stupid stations here refuse to play him ::)

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/08/04 at 2:04 pm

Yeah..GH sure was on a roll when I started watching back in '79...little did anyone know that the show would explode into a great show in the years 1980-82! I wish Rick Springfield would come back but I've seen how much his music career suffered because of his stint on GH. ALL the stupid stations here refuse to play him ::)

That's around the time I started watching, maybe a little sooner.  It really was a great show during the early '80's, with Luke and Laura, Robert Scorpio and the whole WSB storyline, so many good plots and characters.  It was a great time for that show.  Alot of today's stars came out of that show as well.

I know what you mean about Rick Springfield.  You know, I don't even remember when the last time was that I heard him on the radio.  If I do, it's always Jessie's Girl, like that was the only song he ever did.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/08/04 at 3:54 pm

That's around the time I started watching, maybe a little sooner.  It really was a great show during the early '80's, with Luke and Laura, Robert Scorpio and the whole WSB storyline, so many good plots and characters.  It was a great time for that show.  Alot of today's stars came out of that show as well.

I know what you mean about Rick Springfield.  You know, I don't even remember when the last time was that I heard him on the radio.  If I do, it's always Jessie's Girl, like that was the only song he ever did.
Wasn't Felicia's hubby,Frisco,also in the WSB?(Frisco was played by hottie Jack Wagner)And Tristan Rogers was hella cool. The classic rock station in my area(103.7 The SHARK)has a weeknight 80's show,they play Rick Springfield,"Jessie's Girl" and his other hits as well.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/08/04 at 5:00 pm

Wasn't Felicia's hubby,Frisco,also in the WSB?(Frisco was played by hottie Jack Wagner)And Tristan Rogers was hella cool. The classic rock station in my area(103.7 The SHARK)has a weeknight 80's show,they play Rick Springfield,"Jessie's Girl" and his other hits as well.

I loved Frisco and Robert. I also like Shawn and Tony. I also like Jason and Sonny and alky.  :D ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/08/04 at 7:28 pm

The classic rock station in my area(103.7 The SHARK)has a weeknight 80's show,they play Rick Springfield,"Jessie's Girl" and his other hits as well.
All the stations here refuse to play any stuff by Rick >:(

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/09/04 at 7:04 am

I loved Frisco and Robert. I also like Shawn and Tony. I also like Jason and Sonny and alky.  :D ;D

All those WSB guys were cool.  And don't forget Tiffany (Scorpio's girlfriend) and Anna Devane.  Sonny and Jason are good, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALKY! ;D ;D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/09/04 at 8:18 am

but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALKY! ;D ;D

Me too. ;D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/10/04 at 7:04 pm

What happened to the old Soap Talk posts??????

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/13/04 at 5:19 pm

All the stations here refuse to play any stuff by Rick >:(

Why? I personally like Rick Springfield.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/04 at 7:05 pm

Why? I personally like Rick Springfield.
If they would ever give me a decent reason..but they can't because there IS no good reason to not play his stuff :-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/13/04 at 7:31 pm

Ricky Martin actually did a stint on General Hospital,I forgot who his character was though....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/04 at 7:35 pm

Ricky Martin actually did a stint on General Hospital,I forgot who his character was though....
He played a bartender named Miquel Morez..staring in 1994

http://www.afrmonline.com/australia/ricky/biography-miguemorez.jpg

Written By: Rush on 06/13/04 at 9:40 pm

I like Oil Of Olay soap.....Oh wait you're talking about TV soaps  :-[

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/04 at 10:48 pm

I like Oil Of Olay soap.....Oh wait you're talking about TV soaps  :- ::) ;)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/14/04 at 8:31 am

Remember when the hottest man in the world played on General Hospital? :D :D :D

Antonio Sabato, Jr.

*drool*

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/14/04 at 5:21 pm

Remember when the hottest man in the world played on General Hospital? :D :D :D

Antonio Sabato, Jr.

*drool*

Oh, yeah.  ;D

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/14/04 at 7:21 pm

AMC continues to tease me with the Bianca love story that hasn't quite happened yet ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/04 at 9:15 pm

He played a bartender named Miquel Morez..staring in 1994

http://www.afrmonline.com/australia/ricky/biography-miguemorez.jpg

Man, nothing like seeing Ricky Martin without his shirt-YUM! But, the character Lily was a bit blazay-they really didn't develop her very much. And then they teamed her up with Sonny-SNORE CITY!

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/04 at 9:28 pm

Man, nothing like seeing Ricky Martin without his shirt-YUM! But, the character Lily was a bit blazay-they really didn't develop her very much. And then they teamed her up with Sonny-SNORE CITY!

Cat
You're Welcome ;) Yes, I always wanted Miguel to stay with Lilly :-\\

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/16/04 at 3:18 pm

Anyone see G.H. today?

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/17/04 at 6:56 am

Anyone see G.H. today?

Yeah, I did.  I'll give you the highlights:

1. Carly tried to throw Faith out of her club, winded up punching Faith, who fell and hit her head against the bar.  Ric told someone to call 911 since Faith was not breathing. Ric, Alexis, Justice and Justice's girlfriend (forget her name) were all witness to this.

2. Sam told Jason she had lost the baby, he blamed himself since he let her leave town.  Sam got severe cramps at the end of the show and told Jason that she lied to him about losing the baby so that he and Sonny would leave her alone, now she is really having problems.  Her ex Niko (who shot Sonny) is outside the place where Sam and Jason are staying.

3. Emily took Nikolas to Windemere, hoping to jog his memory.  Alexis walked in and instictively called him Nikolas.  Nikolas started having not really memories, but things that he knew but shouldn't have, like how his and Em's relationship came to be.  They kiss.

4. Lucky went to Skye at her request so she could explain her side of what happened.  Heather Webber is lurking outside, Lucky goes after her, thinking it's Laura.  He can't find anyone and accuses Skye of setting the whole thing up to appear to be the victim.

5.  Faith wants Alky to help her bring down Sonny now that both him and Jason are out of town.  Alky refuses (got to love that Alky!)

6.  Jax continues to pursue Courtney.  He comes onto Carly while Courtney is not home, after Carly baits him.  Courtney walks in on his attempted seduction, but he weasels out of it with her.  She tells them both to leave, she needs time to herself.  Jax returns later with ice cream, but Courtney tells him she really needs to be by herself now.

Not really much happened, I"m waiting for them to move along these storylines, some of them are getting kind of monotonous.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/04 at 12:24 pm

Not really much happened, I"m waiting for them to move along these storylines, some of them are getting kind of monotonous.

Part of the reason why I stopped watching them (GH and OLTL). I do catch them every now and again and they seem to be in the same place when I last saw them.

Cat

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/17/04 at 12:47 pm

Part of the reason why I stopped watching them (GH and OLTL). I do catch them every now and again and they seem to be in the same place when I last saw them.

Cat

For awhile there, GH was moving there storylines along, but it seems that now they've reverted back to their old ways of draaaaaaaaaaaaging out storylines until you can't stand it anymore.  The way it's going now, I think I could miss a month and not miss a thing.

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/17/04 at 7:50 pm

I'd like to see if I can recall who Bianca is "Kinda" involved with on AMC. http://www.wchstv.com/abc/allmychildren/i/edenriegel.jpg

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/17/04 at 8:01 pm

I remembered it's Maggie :)

http://www.elizabeth-hendrickson.net/abc06.jpg

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/18/04 at 10:31 am

I remembered it's Maggie :)

http://www.elizabeth-hendrickson.net/abc06.jpg

I'm confused....what are you talking about?  Do you mean you hope the set up maggie with Bianca?  Even though Maggie is straight?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/04 at 6:32 pm

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I caught GH yesterday for the first time in I don't know how long. They had the guy who played ED on PC playing Edward instead of John Ingle. Does anyone know what happened to John Ingle? Is his absence temperary or what?

Cat

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/26/04 at 7:54 pm

I'm confused....what are you talking about?  Do you mean you hope the set up maggie with Bianca?  Even though Maggie is straight?
Yes. I had forgotten who Bianca liked since the last Soap thread was deleted. I think it's Maggie and even though she is straight they have been hinting for quite some time now for a relationship between her and Bianca  I am sorry for being mixed up about this, Jennifer028.

Written By: goldie on 06/26/04 at 8:22 pm

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I caught GH yesterday for the first time in I don't know how long. They had the guy who played ED on PC playing Edward instead of John Ingle. Does anyone know what happened to John Ingle? Is his absence temperary or what?

Cat

John Ingle quit GH in January to take a role on Days of Our Lives. Here is a link to the story. http://www.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2004/0209-allan.php

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/26/04 at 8:27 pm

John Ingle quit GH in January to take a role on Days of Our Lives. Here is a link to the story. http://www.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2004/0209-allan.php
Thanks goldie, I'd wondered that myself ;)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/27/04 at 9:11 am

Yeah, I did.  I'll give you the highlights:

1. Carly tried to throw Faith out of her club, winded up punching Faith, who fell and hit her head against the bar.  Ric told someone to call 911 since Faith was not breathing. Ric, Alexis, Justice and Justice's girlfriend (forget her name) were all witness to this.

2. Sam told Jason she had lost the baby, he blamed himself since he let her leave town.  Sam got severe cramps at the end of the show and told Jason that she lied to him about losing the baby so that he and Sonny would leave her alone, now she is really having problems.  Her ex Niko (who shot Sonny) is outside the place where Sam and Jason are staying.

3. Emily took Nikolas to Windemere, hoping to jog his memory.  Alexis walked in and instictively called him Nikolas.  Nikolas started having not really memories, but things that he knew but shouldn't have, like how his and Em's relationship came to be.  They kiss.

4. Lucky went to Skye at her request so she could explain her side of what happened.  Heather Webber is lurking outside, Lucky goes after her, thinking it's Laura.  He can't find anyone and accuses Skye of setting the whole thing up to appear to be the victim.

5.  Faith wants Alky to help her bring down Sonny now that both him and Jason are out of town.  Alky refuses (got to love that Alky!)

6.  Jax continues to pursue Courtney.  He comes onto Carly while Courtney is not home, after Carly baits him.  Courtney walks in on his attempted seduction, but he weasels out of it with her.  She tells them both to leave, she needs time to herself.  Jax returns later with ice cream, but Courtney tells him she really needs to be by herself now.

I know I saw it. I was just asking if anyone else saw it. I hate Mary >:( I wish someone would bash her head in. As you can tell I don't like her. >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/04 at 1:43 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I do like John Ingle and he made Edward so much fun to watch. I do like the other guy (can't think of his name) but I don't know if he can be as "crusty" as J.I. was. I guess I have to watch it more to see how he is doing.

Cat

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/28/04 at 6:37 am

I know I saw it. I was just asking if anyone else saw it. I hate Mary >:( I wish someone would bash her head in. As you can tell I don't like her. >:(

I can't stand her either.  What a wacko!  I'm starting to wonder if Nicholas will ever regain his memory.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/28/04 at 7:04 am

Yes. I had forgotten who Bianca liked since the last Soap thread was deleted. I think it's Maggie and even though she is straight they have been hinting for quite some time now for a relationship between her and Bianca  I am sorry for being mixed up about this, Jennifer028.

I don't see how AMC is gonna write that into the storyline (a relationship with Maggie) seeing as how Maggie isn't gay. ??? 

Written By: Dagwood on 06/28/04 at 7:15 am

I don't see how AMC is gonna write that into the storyline (a relationship with Maggie) seeing as how Maggie isn't gay. ??? 

It will probably be one of those "I knew I was gay but I was hiding it" scenarios.  Or she was in denial.  Either way, this is a Soap Opera...they aren't exactly know for being realistic. ;)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/28/04 at 6:58 pm

I think its dumb because she already was in love with Frankie, maggie's twin...before she died.

Written By: SuperFreak on 07/10/04 at 7:42 pm

I think its dumb because she already was in love with Frankie, maggie's twin...before she died.
I know, but i would still like to see it happen.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/07/04 at 6:07 pm

*bump*

Written By: SuperFreak on 09/11/04 at 9:00 pm

Thanks to r'n r fan for trying to bump this back to page 1, but i guess nobody cares :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/04 at 9:04 pm

Thanks to r'n r fan for trying to bump this back to page 1, but i guess nobody cares :\'(
Don't worry SuperFreak, people will come back, hopefully ;)

Written By: SuperFreak on 09/11/04 at 9:24 pm

Don't worry SuperFreak, people will come back, hopefully ;)
i guess we'll see :-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/12/04 at 12:41 am

Cat
Are you saying SONNY CORINTHOS is boring? If I said what I'd like to...ahem..accomplish...with Maurice Benard...I'd get booted off this board. Oh well...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 9:14 am

Are you saying SONNY CORINTHOS is boring? If I said what I'd like to...ahem..accomplish...with Maurice Benard...I'd get booted off this board. Oh well...
Naw, I think she's referring to the "Other" thread started for Soaps...instead of just reviving this one.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/12/04 at 1:25 pm

I tried to create a new one for "ALL MY CHILDREN" but I guess that didnt work.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/04 at 1:29 pm

I wasn't saying that Sonny was boring. But the Sonny/Lily combo left much to be desired. Sonny was more enjoyable to watch when he was hooked up with Brenda and/or Carly (I still liked the orginal Carly-Sarah Brown better but Tamera Braun is good-but that is personal preference)

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 1:31 pm

I wasn't saying that Sonny was boring. But the Sonny/Lily combo left much to be desired. Sonny was more enjoyable to watch when he was hooked up with Brenda and/or Carly (I still liked the orginal Carly-Sarah Brown better but Tamera Braun is good-but that is personal preference)

Cat
I agree that Sarah Brown was better...but I think Tamera, while maybe not as good as an actress, is easier on the eyes ;)

Written By: SuperFreak on 09/12/04 at 2:45 pm

I tried to create a new one for "ALL MY CHILDREN" but I guess that didnt work.  :\'(
i just thought people could talk about All the soaps here :-\\ I had posted about AMC in here a ways back but nobody wanted to reply :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 2:48 pm

Sometimes threads get pretty buried, SuperFreak....I wouldn't worry about it ;)

Written By: SuperFreak on 09/12/04 at 2:51 pm

Sometimes threads get pretty buried, SuperFreak....I wouldn't worry about it ;)
Thanks Mark ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/13/04 at 7:28 pm

Thanks Mark ;)
No problem SuperFreak....sometime this board can BE a Soap Opera :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/24/04 at 8:36 pm

*bump* especially for those AMC Fans ???

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/24/04 at 8:55 pm

I missed today (Friday).  Did anything major happen on AMC??

Written By: SuperFreak on 09/24/04 at 9:03 pm

I missed today (Friday).  Did anything major happen on AMC??
All i know is what was on the ABC website today, and it wasn't much: JR warns Jamie not to go against him. ::) If you find out more, please let me know?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/16/05 at 9:42 pm

Bumped up for all the Soap Opera fans....myself included :)

Written By: kairi747 on 07/17/05 at 8:17 am

that would probably get me to watch gh again!  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/17/05 at 9:45 am

that would probably get me to watch gh again!  ;)
If they brought back Lucy I'd watch a lot more often :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/17/05 at 6:32 pm

BRING BACK PORT CHARLES

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/17/05 at 9:01 pm

BRING BACK PORT CHARLES

Cat
I second that!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/05 at 12:11 pm

I second that!

Hey Mark, did I tell ya that I got a CD which has the "Stephen Clay Experence" on it.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/18/05 at 10:18 pm

Hey Mark, did I tell ya that I got a CD which has the "Stephen Clay Experence" on it.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat
Send me a copy, would ya? ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/19/05 at 10:12 am

Send me a copy, would ya? ;)

http://portcharlesgiftshop.tripod.com/id8.html

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/19/05 at 11:24 am

http://portcharlesgiftshop.tripod.com/id8.html

Cat
Cool! Thanks, Cat ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/19/05 at 8:31 pm

For ALL Soap talk...please come here :)

Check for new replies or respond here...