inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nicole Brown Ron Goldman Tribute

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/11/04 at 6:38 pm

It'll be TEN long years tomorrow since that smug bastard murdered his ex-wife and her friend.....he STILL makes my blood boil >:(

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2004/0611/photo/smh_oj2_ft.jpg

BTW...oj...Are you still looking for the "Real" killers ::)

Subject: Re: Nicole Brown Ron Goldman Tribute

Written By: 80sRocked on 06/11/04 at 6:42 pm

BTW...oj...Are you still looking for the "Real" killers ::)

Sure he is...everyday on the gold course.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/11/04 at 6:44 pm

http://www.nbcf.org/images/Vigil%20Flyer_Salt%20Creek.jpg

R.I.P. to ALL victims of violence :\'(

Written By: Jessica on 06/11/04 at 7:02 pm

Didn't this a** try to blame the media and stuff for this whole mess? Or was I just hallucinating when I saw that? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/04 at 8:03 pm

Ten years ago the news stations were locked to the O.J. getaway.
Today, the news stations are locked to the Reagan funeral motorcade.
Did I care about the former? No!
Do I care about the latter? No!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/11/04 at 10:23 pm

Let's not forget Denise Brown Simpson also, who lost her sister in that heinous crime.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/12/04 at 5:01 pm

Let's not forget Denise Brown Simpson also, who lost her sister in that heinous crime.
Or the Goldman Family, who lost a son and brother :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/13/04 at 8:12 pm

First of all, I feel sympathy to the Browns and Goldmans for their losses. However, in my opinion, this case is a dead issue. The judgment and punishment has already been carried out. O.J. is broke because he played a hefty sum to his lawyers for his freedom. This is a sad chapter in in the American justice system whether or not Simpson was sent to prison. The L.A. "justice" department did it's job, albeit sloppy and hastily. If O.J. did do it, he won't try to again. I'm sure he isn't that stupid.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/04 at 8:25 pm

First of all, I feel sympathy to the Browns and Goldmans for their losses. However, in my opinion, this case is a dead issue. The judgment and punishment has already been carried out. O.J. is broke because he played a hefty sum to his lawyers for his freedom. This is a sad chapter in in the American justice system whether or not Simpson was sent to prison. The L.A. "justice" department did it's job, albeit sloppy and hastily. If O.J. did do it, he won't try to again. I'm sure he isn't that stupid.
Broke? How the hell does he afford to join and play golf at those luxerious counrty clubs to this very day? He also LOST the CIVIL trial because he had no attorny like Johnnie CockSu*ker or an idiot judge (Ito) who was the ringmaster of that circus trial....he also is still beating people up....and to close...WHY has he stopped asking for help in finding the REAL killers??  Maybe he and the piece of crap scott peterson should join forces and start a company called "Murders For Hire...no worries about being caught"

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/13/04 at 9:10 pm

Supposedly he's broke. But where are all the stories about O.J. beating up people? I not saying he hasn't be I haven't heard any stories.
Like I said in the earlier thread, it is not OJ's responsibility to find the real killers. He was just saying that to keep his "fans" happy. The real judgment now reast on God's hand. If OJ did kill those he was accused of murdering or if he doesn't so more remorse, then jail time and bankrupcy are the least of his worries. I'm just saying the first jury found him not guilty and the second one did, so what does that tell you about our messed up justice system? :-\\

Broke? How the hell does he afford to join and play golf at those luxerious counrty clubs to this very day? He also LOST the CIVIL trial because he had no attorny like Johnnie CockSu*ker or an idiot judge (Ito) who was the ringmaster of that circus trial....he also is still beating people up....and to close...WHY has he stopped asking for help in finding the REAL killers??  Maybe he and the piece of crap scott peterson should join forces and start a company called "Murders For Hire...no worries about being caught"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/04 at 9:23 pm

. I'm just saying the first jury found him not guilty and the second one did, so what does that tell you about our messed up justice system? :-\\

That it's messed up ;)

Written By: zcrito on 06/13/04 at 9:36 pm

There was a full story about the trial on the tele tonight. They said OJ still gets $300K a year in retirement money from the NFL!
We should all be that broke!
:o
;)

Also, they said that since he lives in Florida now, he doesn't have to pay the $33 million judgement placed against him in the Civil case that he lost.
>:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/04 at 10:58 pm

Well, to be fair, in a criminal trial, one must be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt whereas in a civil trial, it only must be by a preponderance of the evidence (meaning it's more likely than not) AND, he can be held liable even if he didn't commit the crime.  I'm not going to comment on whether I think he's guilty or not, that doesn't matter anymore.  Even if he came out and said "I did it", there's nothing the criminal justice system can do about it now as he's already been tried and acquitted.
First having to be found gulity beyond a reasonable doubt...gives the defense an unfair advantage. Whether he's guilty doesn't matter anymore :o....I think the victims families may disagree with you on that. Just because he was found not guilty at the criminal "circus" does NOT mean he didn't commit the murders...BTW, if my sons killer had gotten away with it the way oj did I would not EVER say that enough time passed for it to not matter anymore. Human life will ALWAYS matter... :\'(

Written By: Hairspray on 06/13/04 at 11:29 pm

This issue should be put to rest, IMO. Nothing more can be done. The families will remember the anniversaries, of course. But they themselves have moved-on, for the most part. Those persons in the public who have no direct connection to the victims, no longer have a reason to become affected about a distant celebrity event of yesteryear to the degree to which obsess. Let it go. It does not do to dwell on impracticality.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/14/04 at 10:37 am

I agree with you, Hairspray. I think we have strayed from a simple tribute to Nicole and Ron into another OJ thread. He shouldn't be getting the press he's still receiving about 10 years after the fact.  :-\\
This issue should be put to rest, IMO. Nothing more can be done. The families will remember the anniversaries, of course. But they themselves have moved-on, for the most part. Those persons in the public who have no direct connection to the victims, no longer have a reason to become affected about a distant celebrity event of yesteryear to the degree to which obsess. Let it go. It does not do to dwell on impracticality.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/04 at 9:06 pm

True enough..I suppose this rhetoric should be in my 1990's OJ Revisited thread....I apologize for my rantings...he just makes me sick :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/04 at 9:09 pm

O.J. was on TV the other night, cpmplaining that Denise Brown Simpson was profiteering over the whole situation.  That was rude of him.  >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/04 at 9:48 pm

O.J. was on TV the other night, cpmplaining that Denise Brown Simpson was profiteering over the whole situation.  That was rude of him.  >:(
I hear ya, LyricBoy...but to appease people we should post this in the 90's "oj" revisited" thread ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...