inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Winsor Pilates

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/13/04 at 4:38 pm

So just...what's so special about them?!!  And WHY do you have do pay money to learn an exercise routine?  I just don't get it. 

Subject: Re: Winsor Pilates

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/04 at 6:57 pm

It's all new to me.  The only Pilate I ever knew of was Pontius Pilate.  The first time I saw the sign, I was like, "Huh? Pontius Pilate's Gym? There 's a marketing concept!"
;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/04 at 7:05 pm

My step-son's ex is training to be a pilates instructure. I have asked her exactly what it is and she told me that it is low impact strengthening exercises. Unlike areobics which is high impact. I think it is along the sames lines as yoga.

Cat

Written By: karen on 06/14/04 at 10:24 am

Pilates is very similar to yoga in that it mainly involves stretching movements.  The emphasis in Pilates is the breathing method and control.  I used to go to Pilates classes

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/14/04 at 10:37 am

I love Pilates!  It is very similar to Yoga, but Yoga is more geared toward meditation excersises of not only the body, but the mind as well.  They are both great workouts & help to relieve stress.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/14/04 at 1:10 pm

I have seen I guess "info-mercials" for them and they seem like they work pretty well.  I just wish I could learn what i need to do without having to pay for a video or take a class.  It's like "For 10 and a half payment of $29.95, we'll teach you how many times to rotate your leg."  ::)  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/04 at 2:10 pm

Hey I'd buy those tapes just so that I could watch and perv out to Daisy Fuentes

:P :P

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/14/04 at 6:00 pm

Hey I'd buy those tapes just so that I could watch and perv out to Daisy Fuentes

:P :P

SICKO!!!!!!!!!    ;D  lol

Written By: jaytee on 06/14/04 at 6:49 pm

Pilates is terrific.  I do two classes a week.  Since I started I have noticed a change for the better in my posture and my body definitely feels stronger.  I will admit I did HATE it at first.   Pilates really concentrates on your body's "core" strength.   An older woman in our class says that 9 years ago she was injured quite badly in a skiing accident and she was having to have physiotherapy every couple of weeks.  Since starting pilates 18 months ago she hasn't been back to the physio.  It is the sort of exercise you need to be guided through.  If, for some reason, I couldn't get to classes anymore, I would buy the DVD.  I think it would be money well spent.  Just my opinion though :)

Check for new replies or respond here...