inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: C2 From Coca-Cola....What Do You Think?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/15/04 at 8:34 pm

Well, since all soda pop started using Corn Syrup instead of sugar, I've never found anything much that remended me of when I was a kid and it was made with real cane sugar....until now. I really like this stuff, it reminds me of the original Coke...only it's not as bad as all the soda's of today :)

Subject: Re: C2 From Coca-Cola....What Do You Think?

Written By: womberty on 06/15/04 at 8:50 pm

I think it's silly making a low-carb Coke when they already have a no-carb Coke. It's called "Diet Coke."

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/15/04 at 8:58 pm

I'm waiting for Diet Caffeine Free C2 with Lemon" before I cast judgement.  :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/15/04 at 9:12 pm

I think it's silly making a low-carb Coke when they already have a no-carb Coke. It's called "Diet Coke."
First off Diet drinks have more sodium than regular sodas......and diet pop tastes like "Diet" pop....this doesn't :)

Written By: Koop on 06/15/04 at 9:19 pm

I was looking forward to trying this, since it is supposed to have Splenda in it. (or, at least, that's what I'd heard)  I saw it in the store the other day and was disappointed to find out that it also has aspartame in it. (to which I am allergic)  I've heard a lot of good things about it...no aftertaste, etc. 

Written By: FanOfTheMonkees on 06/15/04 at 9:25 pm

This is a really good idea but I really don't care for it because I drink diet coke. But I will eventually stop drinking that too. Pop is not good for you. And aspartame gives you cancer.

Written By: DJ Midas on 06/15/04 at 11:22 pm

Just saw this today at the store.  AND Pepsi Edge...same thing.  Haven't tried either yet, but I'll probably try the Pepsi product first. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/15/04 at 11:24 pm

Just saw this today at the store.  AND Pepsi Edge...same thing.  Haven't tried either yet, but I'll probably try the Pepsi product first. ;)
That's your problem...j/k ;)

Written By: Wolveroses on 06/15/04 at 11:27 pm

In the words of Public Enemy ..... "Don't Believe The Hype"

Written By: DJ Midas on 06/15/04 at 11:30 pm

That's your problem...j/k ;)

LOL!  ;D  Excuse me while I sit back and enjoy my Sierra Mist... ;)

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/15/04 at 11:37 pm

Guess I can't judge it before I try it, but I am truly sick of everything becoming low-carb.  Soon we will be building low-carb snowmen and pumping low-carb gasoline into our cars.

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/16/04 at 6:58 am

I'll stick with my Diet Cherry Coke.  Or Sierra Mist  ;D  I'm not into this whole low carb craze.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/16/04 at 8:13 am

I'm a Diet Vanilla Coke ADDICT!  I only drink diet soda, so I might try C2, but I doubt I will drink it frequently.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/04 at 6:31 pm

So,why don't they just call it CC instead why C2 or C to the 2nd Power?  ;D

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/04 at 9:58 pm

Cuz' C2 is cooler 8)

Oh, and I tried some of this at the grocery store.  IT WAS NASTY!!!!!!!  No aftertaste, my butt >:(

When will they ever learn?  ::)

The taste and total drinking experience of original Coca Cola can not be improved upon.  :P

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/16/04 at 10:04 pm

I agree.  And I just have to say that the McDonald's mix is like liquid crack :D

It's why my kids never get Coke with their Happy Meals!  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/16/04 at 10:51 pm

After all I've heard about McDonalds "Beef" over the years....thier theme song should be "Happy Trails"...Giddy-Up....YUK!"  ::)

http://www.wfiwradio.com/images/horses.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/04 at 11:10 pm

It makes no difference to me.  I like regular Coca-Cola, in fact, I wish they'd make it with pure cane sugar.  I'd pay extra for that.  I don't keep it at home, but I drink it elsewhere.  I love plain old seltzer water, believe or not, then I heard that "gives you cancer" just like everything else enjoyable.
I can't wait 'till they discover raw vegetable juices and organic tofu are stealth killers, I'll laught until I have a stroke!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/04 at 11:29 pm

After all I've heard about McDonalds "Beef" over the years....thier theme song should be "Happy Trails"...Giddy-Up....YUK!"  ::)

That's better than Burger King where the burgers are referred to as "man's best friend"

;D

Written By: bj26 on 06/17/04 at 7:16 am

This is a really good idea but I really don't care for it because I drink diet coke. But I will eventually stop drinking that too. Pop is not good for you. And aspartame gives you cancer.

I analyzed the ingredients of C2, and it's basically just a blend of regular Coke and Diet Coke, thus, you can make your own. Also, you can make your own no caffein C2!  I verified my findings by asking a Coke truck driver/delivery man at the grocery store who agreed with me that C2 was about a 50/50 mix of Diet and regular Coke.  I would rather Coke use sucralose than aspartame.  Well, that's my two centavos.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/17/04 at 8:16 am

I analyzed the ingredients of C2, and it's basically just a blend of regular Coke and Diet Coke, thus, you can make your own. Also, you can make your own no caffein C2!  I verified my findings by asking a Coke truck driver/delivery man at the grocery store who agreed with me that C2 was about a 50/50 mix of Diet and regular Coke.  I would rather Coke use sucralose than aspartame.  Well, that's my two centavos.

Hmmm... I had the same suspicion.  A 50/50 mix probably would not taste too nasty.

Of course it still would not be as good as 100% Real Thing.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/17/04 at 9:29 am

No, I didn't like it. I did try the new Pepsi Extra, which has sucrelose (sp?) instead of aspartame. I like it a little better, but it hasn't gotten me out my regular Pepsi habit. ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/17/04 at 7:04 pm

Well,they already have Snap 2-0 or some other weird name for any other drinks. ::)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 06/17/04 at 7:06 pm

That's better than Burger King where the burgers are referred to as "man's best friend"

And the fries are referred to as The Heart's Best Friend". ;D

Howard

Written By: womberty on 06/20/04 at 4:08 pm

First off Diet drinks have more sodium than regular sodas......and diet pop tastes like "Diet" pop....this doesn't :)

Just an FYI - diet drinks don't necessarily have more sodium. In the case of Coca-Cola, the Diet version actually has less sodium.

And if you're on a low-carb diet, C2 isn't really a good option anyway - it's still got sugar. Drink 2 cans of it, and you might as well have drunk one regular Coke, for the amount of carbs and calories you're getting. C2 doesn't really help anyone on a diet, and who else is going to care?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/04 at 4:23 pm

Just an FYI - diet drinks don't necessarily have more sodium. In the case of Coca-Cola, the Diet version actually has less sodium.

And if you're on a low-carb diet, C2 isn't really a good option anyway - it's still got sugar. Drink 2 cans of it, and you might as well have drunk one regular Coke, for the amount of carbs and calories you're getting. C2 doesn't really help anyone on a diet, and who else is going to care?

But C2 has less carbs and that's the big thing.

;D ;D

Written By: RockFaerie on 06/20/04 at 5:25 pm

Like It

Written By: TimKramar on 06/20/04 at 11:34 pm

I'm a hypocrite. I like drinking Mt. Dew.

But my girlfriend drinks the sheesh out of Pepsi, so I got her some C2 and some Pepsi Edge to try. She didn't like them. The reason I'm a hypocrite is that I didn't want her drinking all that sugar... ::)

Written By: dude on 06/21/04 at 4:40 am

Just tried it for the first time last night and being a bonafide Coke (a-Cola) head, I'd have to say that it's the closest thing to "The Real Thing" that they've ever come up with. It doesn't have the "bite" or "punch" of regular Coke but I think I'm going to give it a try (considering I'm on a low-carb diet). At least it doesn't have that saccharin (sp?) after taste.

Written By: bj26 on 06/21/04 at 6:58 am

Just tried it for the first time last night and being a bonafide Coke (a-Cola) head, I'd have to say that it's the closest thing to "The Real Thing" that they've ever come up with. It doesn't have the "bite" or "punch" of regular Coke but I think I'm going to give it a try (considering I'm on a low-carb diet). At least it doesn't have that saccharin (sp?) after taste.

You've sold me, think I'll give it a try!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/04 at 7:35 am

I'm a hypocrite. I like drinking Mt. Dew.

But my girlfriend drinks the sh** out of Pepsi, so I got her some C2 and some Pepsi Edge to try. She didn't like them. The reason I'm a hypocrite is that I didn't want her drinking all that sugar... ::)

Mountain Dew drinker, eh?

You must be a zombie with all that caffeine.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/04 at 7:43 am

I'd like to see a product called Coke Cane, which would be made with real cane sugar.

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/21/04 at 12:05 pm

I like it!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/21/04 at 4:29 pm

I saw a huge display of this at another local grocery store.  Regular Coke products were on sale for $4.50/24 pack.  This was $5.99 (on sale) for an 18 pack.
Yeah, it's a bit pricey but I only drink it a couple times a month :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/04 at 5:13 pm

I saw a huge display of this at another local grocery store.  Regular Coke products were on sale for $4.50/24 pack.  This was $5.99 (on sale) for an 18 pack.

It would be cheaper to buy Coke and Diet coke, then mix your own blend.

Written By: Koop on 06/21/04 at 6:08 pm

It makes no difference to me.  I like regular Coca-Cola, in fact, I wish they'd make it with pure cane sugar. 

I agree!  Old Coke, in which they used to use real sugar, was so much better than the stuff they pass off now as "Classic".  Not that Coke is supposed to be healthy, but I'd rather drink something with sugar than something with high fructose corn syrup.  :D

They still use sugar in Coke in countries outside the US, btw. (at least I think they do)  Maybe you can get someone to send you Coke "care packages".  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/04 at 7:28 pm

I agree!  Old Coke, in which they used to use real sugar, was so much better than the stuff they pass off now as "Classic".  Not that Coke is supposed to be healthy, but I'd rather drink something with sugar than something with high fructose corn syrup.   :D

They still use sugar in Coke in countries outside the US, btw. (at least I think they do)  Maybe you can get someone to send you Coke "care packages".  ;)

The reason that Coke uses corn syrup in the USA and cane sugar everywhere else in the world is because the American Government regulates the price of cane sugar in the USA.  Sugar costs more in the USA than anywhere else  in the world.

So, because American cane growers cannot exist without sucking at the breast of the Government, John Q. Public has to put up with products sweetened with corn syrup.

This is also why most candy production has moved overseas.  Sugar coosts too much here.

What a shame and a waste of American dollars.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 06/21/04 at 9:41 pm

I'd like to see a product called Coke Cane, which would be made with real cane sugar.

Thing is,it might be taken off shelves cause people would think they're drinking Cocaine.Not Coke-Cane. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/22/04 at 1:39 am

Thing is,it might be taken off shelves cause people would think they're drinking Cocaine.Not Coke-Cane. ;D

Howard
AND they might think they're living in the early 1900's when Coca-Cola had real cocaine in it  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/22/04 at 4:10 am

Howard

Good one, Howard!

LyricBoy wroteAND they might think they're living in the early 1900's when Coca-Cola had real cocaine in it 
Here's a link to the link between Coca Cola and Cocaine.  It's one of those legends that's true, but not significantly true.
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp

Written By: Howard on 06/22/04 at 6:52 pm

And the only Soda they haven't named differently yet is Slice,Tab, and a few others...

Howard

Written By: Gis on 06/23/04 at 4:34 am

Well i don't imagine we will ever get to taste it in the U.K.
We still use sweetners here that have been banned in America in all our 'Diet' stuff so even if we did get it it won't taste the same anyway !!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/23/04 at 8:35 am

And the only Soda they haven't named differently yet is Slice,Tab, and a few others...

Howard

Actually, Tab has come out in any number of versions, including the AWESOME Tab Clear that came out in the early 1990's.

http://home.epix.net/~tjwagner/tabcan-all.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/04 at 8:49 am

Actually, Tab has come out in any number of versions, including the AWESOME Tab Clear that came out in the early 1990's.

Oh yummy!  Harsh chemical aftertaste in a multitude of artificial flavors!  Those rip-top soda cans bring back memories of my childhood.
:)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/23/04 at 10:48 am

They've come out with other flavors of both of those.  I think Slice is coming out with a berry flavored one (or already did).  I'd rather they come up with a different name than just keep adding flavors.

They have Diet Slice, too.

Written By: Howard on 06/23/04 at 6:11 pm

Wow,I almost forgot about those other TAB flavors. :o

Howard

Written By: Howard on 06/23/04 at 6:14 pm

They've come out with other flavors of both of those.  I think Slice is coming out with a berry flavored one (or already did).  I'd rather they come up with a different name than just keep adding flavors.

We already have Cherry,Chocolate,Apple,Grape,Vanilla,Peach,Strawberry,Lemon,Lime flavored sodas.What else is there? ???

Howard

Written By: womberty on 06/23/04 at 7:04 pm

Why would you want them to change the name?  ???

I mean, if Coca-Cola suddenly changed the name of the basic cola, currently called "Coca-cola Classic", to something like "Zaptastic cola" would that make you more or less likely to buy it?

Brand names are important.  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/23/04 at 8:57 pm

We already have Cherry,Chocolate,Apple,Grape,Vanilla,Peach,Strawberry,Lemon,Lime flavored sodas.What else is there? ???

Howard

I kid you not...

My local grocery store carries a "Blue Bubble Gum" flavoured soda.  :o

I've never tried it though.  Sounds disgusting.  :-\\

LB

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/24/04 at 1:21 am

Anyone ever try "Big Red"?  It's.. well, red.  And tastes like bubblegum.  Disgusting.  :-X

Written By: Howard on 06/24/04 at 6:36 pm

My local grocery store carries a "Blue Bubble Gum" flavoured soda.

Would New York Grocery Stores sell this crappy soda,I don't know if I'm willing to try it. :P

Howard

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/10/06 at 3:37 pm

Well considering that I don't even remember it must've ben unsuccessful.

Check for new replies or respond here...