inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A new show on Nick at Nite!?!

Written By: woops on 06/16/04 at 10:01 pm

Along with MTV, VH1, Cartoon Network, Fox, NBC, Nickelodeon, MTV2, etc.

Another network going further into a cesspool that was once a good network in the 1980's & mid '90's.  :P

With "Fatherhood". Basically an animated version of The Cosby Show.

What's next?  Crime dramas on Sci Fi Network.  :P  ::)

Subject: Re: A new show on Nick at Nite!?!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/04 at 11:05 pm

Another network going further into a cesspool that was once a good network in the 1980's & mid '90's.  :P

How perfectly awful!  Are you sure it's called "Fatherhood," I didn't see in the IMDB.  Is it new or something they did in the '80s?  If they're doing a Cosby cartoon, I've got another reason to avoid Nick at Night.  Cosby makes me ill!

Written By: woops on 06/16/04 at 11:40 pm

No, actually, it's a new series that they're creating based on his book of the same name.

Correct.

The promos airs a lot on Viacom stations (MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, etc.).
The show is listed on  the TV Tome & Nick @ Nite site.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/04 at 12:14 am

Yeah, I just saw an ad for it.  Sounds nauseating!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/17/04 at 3:24 am

How could anyone who watches Nick at Night miss it?  The play a commercial for fatherhood during every break.  Time to switch to T.V. land, WHICH DOESN'T PLAY FULL HOUSE!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/04 at 11:11 am

How could anyone who watches Nick at Night miss it?  The play a commercial for fatherhood during every break.  Time to switch to T.V. land, WHICH DOESN'T PLAY FULL HOUSE!!!

I like TV Land better.  I acutally enjoy "Leave It To Beaver," everybody in Mayfield takes Valium.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/04 at 6:59 pm

How about that new show called "Method & Red" on Channel 5? :P

Howard

Written By: bbigd04 on 07/03/04 at 2:48 am

Does anyone notice that in the last few years Nick at Night is switching to a more modern theme with shows like Full House and Roseanne and Cosby. They are putting all the older shows in TV land. Nick at nite will now be for "modern classics" and tv land for the older shows.

Written By: woops on 07/03/04 at 3:05 am

I've seen a few seconds of it and it was very bland & unfunny, as expected.  :P

Far worse than current teen comedies ("Lizzie McGuire", "Proud Family") on Disney Channel.

Better off watching Comedy Central for edgy/off the wall programming.  8)

Written By: Howard on 07/03/04 at 9:35 am

Does anyone notice that in the last few years Nick at Night is switching to a more modern theme with shows like Full House and Roseanne and Cosby. They are putting all the older shows in TV land. Nick at nite will now be for "modern classics" and tv land for the older shows.

What about the missed shows like Chico And The Man,Sidney,Punky Brewster,ALF... ???
Where are they gonna end up?

Howard

Written By: bbigd04 on 07/03/04 at 11:35 pm

What about the missed shows like Chico And The Man,Sidney,Punky Brewster,ALF... ???
Where are they gonna end up?

Howard

Chico and the man and ALF were on Nick at Nite a few years ago for a little while Actually I think ALF was on Nick and Chico was on TV land. They didn't keep them on long though, not sure why.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/04 at 11:07 am

Maybe Baretta,Kojak,Magnum P.I. and some others I'd like to see on TV Land real soon.

Howard

Written By: AstringOfPoloponie on 07/04/04 at 2:08 pm

I think ALF is having a talk Show on TV Land or Nick. I do not care for animated sit-coms at all.
When I recently first got cable, it seemed like Nick was showing cartoons so I never watch it.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/04 at 11:13 am

I think ALF is having a talk Show on TV Land or Nick. I do not care for animated sit-coms at all.
When I recently first got cable, it seemed like Nick was showing cartoons so I never watch it.

I saw it in the paper about ALF having his own show on Nick At Nite.It should start in the late Fall. :)

Howard

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/10/06 at 3:42 pm

Isn't this the same  network that tried to produce "Hi Honey I'm Home"? To be honest it reminded me of a cheap sitcom from a late 80's cable channel.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/10/06 at 3:43 pm

As for Alf I wonder why that program really never made it on the nick channels? I had at least mild success on Odessey.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/12/06 at 6:32 pm

How about that new show called "Method & Red" on Channel 5? :P

Howard

Seen it when it was still on Fox, it was ok but from what I remember, it got cancelled pretty quickly.

Check for new replies or respond here...