inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Article in the Globe

Written By: bj26 on 06/22/04 at 11:49 am

I was browsing the Globe in the grocery line, and saw pictures of notable persons who appeared to have gained a ton!  Not sure if the Globe was using trick photography, air brushing or whatever.  Anyway, William Shattner weighed in at 230, he's my height, and I think I'm a chub at 170lbs!  The Judd sister and Heart lady both were like 280lbs or so.  The cute lady from Cheers, the sexy brunette (name ??) looked gigantic.  Carney Wilson looked huge as did Rosie O'Donald and even Martha Stewart was wearing a dress that looked like a tent :o  Anyone know if these folks are really this big?

Subject: Re: Article in the Globe

Written By: Marian on 06/22/04 at 1:52 pm

I was browsing the Globe in the grocery line, and saw pictures of notable persons who appeared to have gained a ton!  Not sure if the Globe was using trick photography, air brushing or whatever.  Anyway, William Shattner weighed in at 230, he's my height, and I think I'm a chub at 170lbs!  The Judd sister and Heart lady both were like 280lbs or so.  The cute lady from Cheers, the sexy brunette (name ??) looked gigantic.  Carney Wilson looked huge as did Rosie O'Donald and even Martha Stewart was wearing a dress that looked like a tent :o  Anyone know if these folks are really this big?
;D ;D ;DThe Globe DOES use trick photography!They'll try to say a cat is six feet tall and weighs 500 pounds,with "proof' in one of their famous doctored photos.I remembeer some recent ones with,i think Saddam wearing a wedding dress and Osama bin Laden as the groom--claimed they were a gay couple!!!They have photos of peoplke who couldn't have been together at the time it says they were.Basically,if it LOOKs doctored,it probably is!Cheers!

Written By: SuperFreak on 06/22/04 at 2:48 pm

The cute lady from Cheers, the sexy brunette (name ??) looked gigantic
You mean Kirstie Ally who played sexy Rebbecca :)

Written By: bj26 on 06/22/04 at 3:11 pm

Yep Kristie Alley, the Globe reported she weighed like 280 lbs.  Can that be her? She had humongous legs, like one of those girls from American Idol or something. 

Written By: Howard on 06/22/04 at 6:44 pm

MARY-KATE OLSEN BEING TREATED FOR EATING DISORDER

How about this news story I found in The national enquirer? ^
Could this be true? ???

Howard

Written By: Marian on 06/22/04 at 7:47 pm

Yep.  She's always had a problem with her weight.  Haven't you seen any of the Pier 1 commercials?

As far as many of the pics go, most of these are probably not doctored in any way.  Carnie's pics were probably before her bypass, although rumor has it, she's gained back a little as most who have it do, but Ann Wilson and Wynona Judd have always had weight problems.  As far as the actual "weights" go, I'm not exactly where they are on accuracy, but I would bet they're pretty close.
:o :oNot all tabloids have doctored phjotos.But the Globe is pretty famous for having very obviously altered ones.Cheers!

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/23/04 at 7:01 am

MARY-KATE OLSEN BEING TREATED FOR EATING DISORDER

How about this news story I found in The national enquirer? ^
Could this be true? ???

Howard

Well thats no surprise. 

Written By: bj26 on 06/23/04 at 7:12 am

Yep Kristie Alley, the Globe reported she weighed like 280 lbs.  Can that be her? She had humongous legs, like one of those girls from American Idol or something. 

Woops, I stand corrected here, should have said, "like those girls AND guys from American Idol"! ;D
The Globe said Reuben Stoddard weighed 425 :o

Written By: Marian on 06/24/04 at 2:21 pm

Well thats no surprise. 
:( :(She really is.I read it in the San Jose Mercury News,which is NOT a tabloid!Cheers1.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/24/04 at 4:40 pm

The Globe said Reuben Stoddard weighed 425 :o

I would have guessed probably, around 886.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/04 at 6:20 pm

:(She really is.I read it in the San Jose Mercury News,which is NOT a tabloid!

It's like now they tell you but I never knew that Mary Kate had anorexia. :(

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...