inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: the wrestling chanal

Written By: hysteria on 06/27/04 at 2:58 pm

what dose every body think of this  i love it roh czw and new japan are awsome  the supercards are awsome  night of champion was great  guys like low-ki aj styles  fallen angel  cm punk samoa joe briscoe spechal k  shows up the wwe right now these guys chould steal the show from everyboady  the moves are awsoem ( cheak out stles moonsault iin to a reverse ddt or low kis k krusher) .  these guys know how to put on great shows  and not a bit wrong with them except  from a few guys  rob finstien in pituculer  .

Subject: Re: the wrestling chanal

Written By: Bobby on 06/27/04 at 6:12 pm

I hope you don't mind me asking, Hysteria but were you Mr Crowley a while back? If so, welcome back to the boards.  :)

The Wrestling Channel on SKY is a bit of a godsend for wrestling fans. It shows a lot of Indy promotions (ROH (Ring of Honour), CZW (Combat Zone Wrestling), NOAH (Japan), Vintage New Japan, GAIA (Japanese women's wrestling), FMW (predominantly English organisation, Memphis Wrestling, Pro Pain Wrestling, NWA-TNA and (as importantly) World of Sport (English wrestling from 1960s - 1988).

I heartily recommend the Japanese wrestling, World of Sport (which follows slightly different rules - uses a round system) and ROH.

Written By: hysteria on 06/28/04 at 9:48 am

yes i was known as mr crowly  bobby i got bord with the gimmik so i changed it to defs best known album . fmw you mean the fwa right  frontier wrestling alince . jonny storm is awsome  have you seen any  of the scd befor by the way how did you now it was me

Written By: Harmonica on 06/28/04 at 10:35 am

I don't think I get the wrestling Channel where I live but speaking of Japanese superstars I think it's awesome how Sasuke joined the WWE after years and years of reading about him in the PWI and wrestler magazines I finally get to see him wrestle

Written By: Bobby on 06/28/04 at 6:15 pm

yes i was known as mr crowly  bobby i got bord with the gimmik so i changed it to defs best known album . fmw you mean the fwa right  frontier wrestling alince . jonny storm is awsome   have you seen any  of the scd befor by the way how did you now it was me

Don't you remember me from the old board, Hysteria (Mr Crowley)? I think you were one of the first people I talked wrestling with. I had a hunch it was you from your style of writing as it is very distinctive. Welcome back again.  :)

Yes you are right, Hysteria, I meant FWA. I was writing the post late at night.  ;D My favourite wrestlers from that federation is probably Jody Fleish and 'The Anarchist' Doug Williams (who I think is cutting his teeth at ROH. He reminds me of a more calmer, more calculated Steve Austin). I watched both of these guys live. Jody Fleish tagged my hand as he walked past, his enthuiasm is incredible as he nearly took my arm off.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/04 at 8:25 pm

http://www.wwe24-7.com/images/logo.gif

Is this what you're referring to? ???

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 06/29/04 at 4:10 am

http://www.wwe24-7.com/images/logo.gif

Is this what you're referring to? ???

No this one, Howard: http://www.thewrestlingchannel.tv/index.html

I also spelt the acronym wrong for the women's federation, it's GAEA not GAIA.  :-[  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/29/04 at 4:39 pm

Oh,so this is only available in the London UK area? ???

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 06/29/04 at 6:20 pm

Oh,so this is only available in the London UK area? ???

We get it all over Britain, Howard. Do you have SKY Digital?

Written By: hysteria on 06/30/04 at 3:17 pm

bobby mate dont freat i remember you i loved talking to you and howard about wrestling jody fliesh  is amazing so is doug willaims. what whould  you say is the most sickning move ( finisher ) youve ever seen  what dose distinctive mean

Written By: Bobby on 06/30/04 at 3:40 pm

bobby mate dont freat i remember you i loved talking to you and howard about wrestling jody fliesh  is amazing so is doug willaims. what whould  you say is the most sickning move ( finisher ) youve ever seen   what dose distinctive mean

One of the most sickening moves I have ever seen is a tombstone piledriver off the top rope (Chris Benoit against some Japanese wrestler). Needless to say, Benoit got the 3 count.

'Distinctive' means different (usually in a nice way) Hysteria.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/04 at 6:49 pm

We get it all over Britain, Howard. Do you have SKY Digital?

In America's United States it's called Direct TV.How much do they charge over there in the UK? ???

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 07/01/04 at 5:30 am

In America's United States it's called Direct TV.How much do they charge over there in the UK? ???

It depends on the package you want, Howard. For the full package (films, sports etc) you are talking about 40 Pounds a month (sorry I can't do the sign on the keyboard for some reason) and the basic package (The Wrestling Channel comes with it free) is about 20 pounds.

Written By: hysteria on 07/01/04 at 2:32 pm

has any of you seen the scramble matches from roh (ring of houner) some are crap others has amazing spots  bobby  do you want me to post reveiws of the supercards  starstyle

Written By: Bobby on 07/01/04 at 3:38 pm

has any of you seen the scramble matches from roh (ring of houner) some are crap others has amazing spots  bobby  do you want me to post reveiws of the supercards  starstyle

You can if you wish, Hysteria.

One of the great things about ROH is that their three/four way dance matches are pretty effective.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 4:13 pm

I wish they'd bring back G.L.O.W.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/01/04 at 9:04 pm

http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs7/glow03-1.jpg

Oh you mean this....^ ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 9:36 pm

http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs7/glow03-1.jpg

Oh you mean this....^ ;D

Howard
Yes Indeed Howard!  ;)
http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egeavis/glow/gg11b.jpg

Written By: Howard on 07/02/04 at 8:55 pm

Yes Indeed Howard!  ;)
http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egeavis/glow/gg11b.jpg

excellent picture. :D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/02/04 at 9:12 pm

excellent picture. :D

Howard
Thanks Howard...yours is nice too :)

Written By: Howard on 07/03/04 at 9:43 am

It depends on the package you want, Howard. For the full package (films, sports etc) you are talking about 40 Pounds a month (sorry I can't do the sign on the keyboard for some reason) and the basic package (The Wrestling Channel comes with it free) is about 20 pounds.

How much is 40 Pounds in the United States equal to?  ???

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 07/03/04 at 1:39 pm

How much is 40 Pounds in the United States equal to?  ???

Probably about 70 dollars (I'm not too sure though, Howard).

Written By: hysteria on 07/09/04 at 3:39 pm

glow what dos e tht stand for anyway  the wrestling cvhanal should bring in dragons  company tourymon how about a wrestlecrap show as well

Written By: Howard on 07/09/04 at 6:37 pm

glow what dos e tht stand for anyway  the wrestling cvhanal should bring in dragons  company tourymon how about a wrestlecrap show as well

GLOW stands for Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...