inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Feature Film Question

Written By: AstringOfPoloponie on 06/27/04 at 4:39 pm

What movie has the most killings on screen ? Also, what movie has the most births on screen ? I don't know the answers to these questions - just curious. :)

Subject: Re: Feature Film Question

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/27/04 at 5:38 pm

Hmmm.. well, I don't know any actual numbers, but I would think the most killings would go to either one of the war movies, or a real bloody horror movie.. :-\\
As for most babies born on screen, well, I know Nine Months had two...  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 06/27/04 at 5:55 pm

Well, Titanic had quite quite a few deaths.  You could say the Atlantic killed them. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/04 at 6:23 pm

Saving Private Ryan had a lot of deaths. Who knows about births-Parenthood? Just a guess.

Cat

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/27/04 at 7:02 pm

Wow.  I could swear I had a question about "what movie features the most killings" when i was playing Trivial Pursuit (the newest edition), but I don't remember the answer :P  I'll have to think about these questions & post later.

Good topic, ASOP! ;)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/28/04 at 1:02 am

Who knows about births-Parenthood? Just a guess.

Well Parenthood didn't actually show any births..lots of pregnant people, and one "She just had a baby" scene at the end..but I'm SURE that something out there is bound to have more than two, like Nine Months showed...  :-\\

Hmmm...

(Oh, and Cat..I'm NOT trying to say "Nope, you're wrong"..I knew it was just a guess! I just hate it when other folks point out stuff JUST to point it out..  "No, I know better!" , "I already said that!")
I only commented because Parenthood is one of my very favorite movies!  ;) 
But you WOULD think with that as a title that it WOULD show babies being born!  ;D

Written By: blackdog on 06/28/04 at 3:09 am

Didn't Total Recall have a ton of killings? 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/04 at 10:53 am

Well Parenthood didn't actually show any births..lots of pregnant people, and one "She just had a baby" scene at the end..but I'm SURE that something out there is bound to have more than two, like Nine Months showed...  :-\\

Hmmm...

(Oh, and Cat..I'm NOT trying to say "Nope, you're wrong"..I knew it was just a guess! I just hate it when other folks point out stuff JUST to point it out..  "No, I know better!" , "I already said that!")
I only commented because Parenthood is one of my very favorite movies!  ;) 
But you WOULD think with that as a title that it WOULD show babies being born!  ;D

np. It has been a while since I have seen the movie anyway.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/28/04 at 10:59 am

According to Trivial Pursuit, it would be "Scarface". I forgot what the numbers were, but I estimate they totaled 218. :-\\

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/28/04 at 11:14 am

According to Trivial Pursuit, it would be "Scarface". I forgot what the numbers were, but I estimate they totaled 218. :-\\

Your right!  That was the answer I was looking for. :D 

Now about the babies being born question - I haven't a clue. ???

Written By: Mangoo on 06/28/04 at 3:24 pm

This is an interesting topic!There are many possibilites though Scarface was a long time ago and there had to been a more violent movie since that.Do you mean human deaths or alien,monster etc.Human deaths I guess could be a disaster movie like Armegeddon,Day After Tomorrow.You could go with Saving Private Ryan otr Titanic.But monster deaths you could go with Lord of the Rings movies or Aliens.

Most human births not sue wasnt their a movie with 3 couples having kids "My Babys Daddy"?

Most monster births you could say Van Helsing when Dracula had all those babies?

The winner should be Eyes Wide Shut because alot of people commited suicide after wasing their money on the trash LOL!

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/28/04 at 4:21 pm

Didn't Parenthood show Dianne Wiest pushing at the end?  Or was that some other movie?

I would think it was some other movie..as I recall, in Parenthood, the way they did it, you didn't really know who was having the baby.  A bunch of them had been pregnant, and when it came to the end they just showed a masked guy come out of the delivery room..you didn't know which one it was..and he pulled down his mask and said "It's a girl".  But, who knows.  I haven't seen it in awhile either.  :-\\

Most monster births you could say Van Helsing when Dracula had all those babies?

;D

Yeah..guess it would depend on whether it was more about seeing the births, or seeing that babies had been born..?  Same with Gremlins....does it count if the 'babies' are hatched, or is it just for births of the human kind, and in a human way?   ???

Written By: sputnikcorp on 06/28/04 at 4:34 pm

how about the movie star wars. an entire planet was blown away, billions killed in only a few seconds.

Written By: resinchaser on 06/28/04 at 5:53 pm

Tom Green helped deliver a baby in Freddy Got Fingered ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/28/04 at 6:29 pm

Independance day...quite a few people got blown away by the aliens.

Written By: AL-B on 06/28/04 at 6:48 pm

How about Killl Bill Vol. 1?

Written By: Mangoo on 06/29/04 at 6:36 am

How about Killl Bill Vol. 1?
[

No most of those guys were chopped up and you saw most of them crying in pain.

Written By: Mangoo on 06/29/04 at 6:39 am

how about the movie star wars. an entire planet was blown away, billions killed in only a few seconds.

I know the planet got blown up but you didnt see the people actually die.

Written By: Powerslave on 06/29/04 at 7:14 am

I think "Scarface" would still be among the top ten for the number of killings "on screen". The 20th anniversary edition was shown here on TV recently. I'd forgotten how much bloodshed there was in that film. But definitely "Kill Bill" had an incredible bodycount, as did "From Dusk til Dawn", "Dawn of the Dead" and "Natural Born Killers". And "Friday the 13th Part 8" had an untold amount of slaughter.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/29/04 at 6:28 pm

That would be good logic, sputnikcorp. But I think they mean on-screen deaths. ;)

Written By: Mushroom on 10/08/05 at 12:30 pm

Another one to be considered is "The Stand".  Although you saw only a handfull of people killed, you saw bodies all the time throughout the entire movie.

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/05 at 12:33 pm

How about Freddy Got Fingered?  The movie itself died, as did many people who paid $11 to see it  ;D

One of the most violent movies I ever saw was The Substitute starring Tom Berenger.  Alot of deaths in that one.  The 3 sequels that followed didn't have as many deaths in them

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/08/05 at 2:26 pm

Most violent?

Scarface
Red Dawn
The Terminator
Saving Private Ryan
Robocop

Check for new replies or respond here...