inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Walkabouts!!!

Written By: bj26 on 06/29/04 at 8:41 am

Anyone else going to have a nice vacation, mine starts today! We're going to Chattanooga to see Rock City and Lookout Mountain and then on to HOTlanta ;D  Where are you going?

Subject: Re: Walkabouts!!!

Written By: karen on 06/29/04 at 9:12 am

We're being very boring this year and going to stop with my husbands parents in South Wales. They live near a seaside resort so we'll be down the beach building sandcastles, having donkey rides and going round the funfair.  Plus we've booked in for a couple of days at the Welsh Six Day orienteering festival.

We've also just booked a holiday for next February.  We're going to Disneyland etc.  We haven't booked any park passes yet so will gladly take any recommendations.

Written By: Hairspray on 06/29/04 at 10:34 am

We're going to Disneyland etc.  We haven't booked any park passes yet so will gladly take any recommendations.

Disney World is much better, in my opinion; livelier and more fun all around. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/29/04 at 12:50 pm

We got back from Puerto Rico about a month ago. The next big trip will be in Dec. when we go out to L.A. (Carlos' daughter lives out there and  is due with his second grandbaby is due about that time). Of course we will spend as much time on the boat as we can and we are overdue to take a trip to see my mother.

Cat

Written By: bj26 on 06/29/04 at 3:17 pm

Oh, don't know if this counts, but we are going to see my in-laws this weekend :P

hahahahahahah - well 15 minutes until I begin my walkabout!

Written By: Howard on 06/29/04 at 4:30 pm

probably gonna relax at home and enjoy some splashes in the pool. ;D :)

Howard

Written By: Paul on 06/29/04 at 5:52 pm

I (and most of the tribe) will be tormenting the good folk of Polperro in Cornwall sometime during August...

I've not been there before, but I've heard it's a bit of a sleepy place - mind you, worth it for a visit to The Eden Project (a huge collection of flora under several glass roofs...) in nearby St Austell - which will probably put my back garden to shame...

bj26 (and for that matter, everyone else with imminent holidays coming up), have a great time...

Written By: Bobby on 06/29/04 at 6:06 pm

I (and most of the tribe) will be tormenting the good folk of Polperro in Cornwall sometime during August...

I've not been there before, but I've heard it's a bit of a sleepy place - mind you, worth it for a visit to The Eden Project (a huge collection of flora under several glass roofs...) in nearby St Austell - which will probably put my back garden to shame...

bj26 (and for that matter, everyone else with imminent holidays coming up), have a great time...

Heh heh. Polperro . . . Good luck, Paul. It's the most sleepiest place on Earth. I went around the time it got flooded a few years back so was quite disapointed. Hopefully, it has improved for your vacation. I liked the cream tea and scones and that was about it. The Eden Project is pretty nice though - a very unique experience and a pleasant one for any budding botanist. St Austell is quite nice all round really.  :)

I am taking a short holiday to my own house next week where I will do pretty much next to nothing - I will be so happy when I do what I like with no time restraints and that. In October, I will be taking a week's holiday to Blackpool to see the lights and do some shopping. It should be pretty great.

Written By: karen on 06/30/04 at 9:21 am

I am taking a short holiday to my own house next week where I will do pretty much next to nothing

We used to call this going on holiday to Ourgate (instead of Margate - geddit?)

Hope you have a relaxing time anyway Bobby

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/30/04 at 9:38 am

I am going to see family in Carefree, Arizona this summer. It's damned hot.  You could bake ceramics outside.  Don't believe the lies about dry heat.  110 degrees is hot, no matter the humidity!!!

Written By: oddxsocks on 06/30/04 at 2:06 pm

i'm going to delaware in three weeks with my friend, her parents, and my other friend...other than that, all i'll be doing is riding my bike to friends' houses and invading their pools. ;D

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/30/04 at 3:37 pm

Not sure where I'll be vacationing this summer, but resinchaser & I are meeting up in NYC at some point. :D 

As for amusment parks, I'm taking the kids to Hershey Park & Paramount's Kings Dominion in August/Sept.

Next year I'm taking them to Disney World. And yes, I agree, Disney World is MUCH better than Disneyland. 

Written By: Bobby on 06/30/04 at 3:42 pm

We used to call this going on holiday to Ourgate (instead of Margate - geddit?)

Hope you have a relaxing time anyway Bobby

Oh yeah. That's clever. Chas and Dave will be singing about that. :D

Thank you, Karen.

Check for new replies or respond here...