inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Birthday Krispy Kreme!!!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/13/04 at 1:47 pm

The Krispy Kreme franchise turns 64 today!!  Let's hear it for the founders of edible crack!!! ;D

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday Krispy Kreme!!!

Written By: Cheetara on 07/13/04 at 4:27 pm

Oh my god!!!!!!!!  I am soooooo in love with Krispy Kreme. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/13/04 at 4:40 pm

I've always felt Dunkin' Donuts were better....but HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway, Krispy Kreme :)

Written By: Howard on 07/13/04 at 4:45 pm

Every Day going into the city,I'd always have myself a doughnut and coffee from Krispy Kreme.

Howard

Written By: zcrito on 07/13/04 at 9:09 pm

Has anyone ever tried all three popular donuts out there - Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts and Tim Hortons?
Which is the best?

???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/13/04 at 10:26 pm

I've never heard of Tim Hortons, but between KK & DD, I'd have to say it depends on what your favorite is.  Personally, about the only KK that makes my mouth water is the original glazed, but just thinking about it is making my mouth water.  DD has better chocolate frosting and coffee rolls (which I've never even seen at KK).  This is strictly my opinion though ;)
I have also never heard of Tim Hortons and agree with you about that chocolate frosting, 80s_cheerleader :)

Written By: Koop on 07/13/04 at 10:47 pm

I've always felt Dunkin' Donuts were better....but HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway, Krispy Kreme :)

I agree.  We used to sell Krispy Kremes for various clubs in middle and high school and the smell of several dozen boxes of them will cure you from eating them for the rest of your life.  :P  KK has been in Georgia since I can remember, but I didn't realize that they've been around that long tho. 

As for Tim Horton, I have a Canadian friend that tells me that you haven't had a good donut til you've tried them.  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 07/14/04 at 6:56 am

The Krispy Kreme franchise turns 64 today!!  Let's hear it for the founders of edible crack!!! ;D

Wow ! 64 ! :o

They've only just started opening up franchises here.....I'm yet to try one !

Written By: Paul on 07/14/04 at 7:18 am

Same here...but I'll don't think I'll partake, I don't have much of a sweet tooth...

But, at present, I'm absolutely hooked on Marmite flavoured crisps...!!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/14/04 at 8:15 am

Yes, the original glazed is the best.  I don't really like the others.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/14/04 at 1:14 pm

The only Krispy Kreme store here is on one of the other islands, so I really don't get to eat them much.  It's probably just as well!  :D

Written By: zcrito on 07/14/04 at 3:32 pm

I've never heard of Tim Hortons, but between KK & DD, I'd have to say it depends on what your favorite is.  Personally, about the only KK that makes my mouth water is the original glazed, but just thinking about it is making my mouth water.  DD has better chocolate frosting and coffee rolls (which I've never even seen at KK).  This is strictly my opinion though ;)

Every person I've ever talked who's from Canada LOVE Tim Hortons. They (Tim Hortons') need to bring a few stores down to the States.

As for KK, I like 'em too, but I don't care for the day-old KKs you can get at a supermarket. Fresh KKs are the best!

:)

Written By: Powerslave on 07/14/04 at 4:28 pm

Wow ! 64 ! :o

Manda, you HAVE to try KK. I don't know how we lived without them all this time. The franchise at Penrith gets so busy on weekends it can take two hours to get a donut and a coffee, but it's worth it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/14/04 at 7:32 pm

Depends on what you mean by edible "crack"!
???

BUT, Krispy Kreme is now in my region, somewhere, and I'm sure there'll be more.  I'm eager to try 'em out.  We have Dunkin' Donuts galore up over here, but I've heard KK is as different from DD as White Castle is different from McDonald's!

I like a couple of DDs now and again, but not too often.  If you eat them everyday, you start to feel like you've swallowed an anchor!  DD makes great coffee cheap, so I usually go more for that.  I should say, the coffee is great because it's not too strong.  I like a strong cup 'o joe too much!  I have trouble with insomnia as it is.

I've heard of Tim Hortons of Canada.  You can get salads there, which strikes me as weird.  Salads and donuts always seemed mutually exclusive to me!

Written By: Howard on 07/14/04 at 9:12 pm

The coffee and doughnut were delicious but very expensive. $1.15 for a coffee and .85 for a doughnut. :P :o

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/14/04 at 9:13 pm

Manda, you HAVE to try KK. I don't know how we lived without them all this time. The franchise at Penrith gets so busy on weekends it can take two hours to get a donut and a coffee, but it's worth it.

waiting in line took 20 minutes. >:(

Howard

Written By: T on 07/15/04 at 3:02 pm

I can't help myself, I really enjoy history and here is a brief history of Krispy Kreme. Krispy Kreme was founded in Winston-Salem, NC in 1937 during the Great Depression.

Written By: mandamoo on 07/15/04 at 6:45 pm

Well it Looks like I'll be making a slight detour the next time I visit my parents ! Thanks Powerslave. :)

Written By: mandamoo on 07/15/04 at 6:48 pm

But, at present, I'm absolutely hooked on Marmite flavoured crisps...!!

I've just discovered Vegemite flavoured crackers and they are very more-ish....a tad salty..but yummy all the same. 8)

Written By: mandamoo on 07/15/04 at 6:50 pm

Oh, you both MUST try one.  I would definitely suggest the original glazed, though ;)

By 'glazed', do you mean with icing ? :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/15/04 at 8:10 pm

I think going to Krispy Kremes every day for a coffee and doughnut a few years ago probably raised my blood pressure. :P

Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/16/04 at 8:18 pm

http://www.krispykreme.com/images/topa0.jpg

I was always their favorite customer in Krispy Kremes.I was also considered a consistent customer & they always treated me with respect and knew what doughnut & coffee I wanted every single day. :)

Howard

Written By: zcrito on 07/16/04 at 11:09 pm

Thanks alot 80s_cheer. >:(

Thanks to you and all this talk of KKs, I went ahead and got a box of those day old Chocolate Iced Glazed Kremers at my local Kroger today. I try and avoid buying stuff like that because I'll just stuff 'em in my face all day.

Let's see, I had a full box of six at 5pm and now it's down to 3. They'll all be gone by 2pm tomorrow (today).
All gone in less than 24hrs.

:P :P

Written By: Powerslave on 07/17/04 at 11:13 am

Well it Looks like I'll be making a slight detour the next time I visit my parents ! Thanks Powerslave. :)

:) Just make sure you've got an hour up your sleeve to go there! Of course you could try the one at Wynyard on York Street too.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/04 at 4:01 pm

http://www.krispykreme.com/images/ccoffeerobust.jpg

What was everyone's favorite KK Coffee?

Mine was Robust. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...