inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Television Commercials You Like.

Written By: zcrito on 07/16/04 at 11:44 pm

Well we can all name and talk about television commercials we hate but is there any you like?

I know it's not always possible to name them off the top of your head -- who remembers commercials anyway -- but list 'em as you see 'em.

I do have the first one I like:

It's a current one that's playing on U.S. television for General Motors Professional Grade Engineering. It has an auto designer at his desk and every bad design on paper he wads up and throws in the garbage can becomes a real auto crashing into the ground in desolate field. I like the music that plays in the background and the way you only see the autos crashing down like rain when the commercial starts. It's like a mini music video.

:)

Subject: Re: Television Commercials You Like.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/17/04 at 12:42 am

There are a bunch that I used to like....presently I like that Motel 6 one where Tom Bodet talks about a dark room looking just like those expensive ones. I also love the "Mike's Hard Lemonade" commercial where the guy tries to hit on a woman and she head butts him ;D

Written By: zcrito on 07/17/04 at 12:37 pm

There are a bunch that I used to like....presently I like that Motel 6 one where Tom Bodet talks about a dark room looking just like those expensive ones. I also love the "Mike's Hard Lemonade" commercial where the guy tries to hit on a woman and she head butts him ;D

I haven't seen those two but I've seen other "Mike's Hard Lemonade" commercials. Some are funny.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/17/04 at 1:36 pm

Give me time and I'll come up with more :)

Written By: zcrito on 07/19/04 at 8:30 pm

I also like the Geico Insurance commercials with the "Well, hello there", gecko lizard. :)

http://images.usatoday.com/life/gallery/mascots/03-11-gecko.jpg

Geico's commercials were always much easier to appreciate over Progressive Insurance's earlier male bashing ones.  >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 07/19/04 at 8:47 pm

I love the Starbucks commercial with Survivor following some guy drinking a Starbucks product.  It is a classic. ;D

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/20/04 at 8:46 am

The best commercials on television right now are the new ads for Revlon cosmetics.

"I believe in love, I believe in love, bellisimo - mon amour...."

Written By: zcrito on 07/20/04 at 11:38 am

The best commercials on television right now are the new ads for Revlon cosmetics.

"I believe in love, I believe in love, bellisimo - mon amour...."

I'm drawing a blank on those. I'll look for them.
;)

Written By: resinchaser on 07/20/04 at 5:27 pm

The 70s cop Clorets commercial.

And the commercial from the Bud Light Institute for greeting cards.

"Let's make February 15th our Valentines Day."

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 07/20/04 at 10:35 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAFLAC!

Written By: karen on 07/21/04 at 10:45 am

Ther's one on here in the UK at the moment that I like the music for.  It's bugging me though because I recognise it but can't remember where from.

The advert is for ING finance and the music sort of sounds like either a radio or tv show theme tune.  Do any of the Brits know?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/21/04 at 12:04 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAFLAC!
YES! I especially like the one in the Barber shop with Yogi Berra....and the one where the duck gets stuck under the covers with the young couple ;D

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 07/21/04 at 12:13 pm

YES! I especially like the one in the Barber shop with Yogi Berra....and the one where the duck gets stuck under the covers with the young couple ;D

I never saw the Yogi Berra one  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/21/04 at 12:35 pm

I never saw the Yogi Berra one  :(
You can find them all here!

http://aflac.crawford.com/launch_XML.asp

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 07/21/04 at 1:15 pm

You can find them all here!

http://aflac.crawford.com/launch_XML.asp

Thanks that was awesome.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/21/04 at 10:06 pm

I get a kick out of the Visa Check Card one with Yogi Berra & Yao Ming in the store

"YO!" (woman pointing to sign that says no checks)
"Yo-GI" (Yogi)

;D

Those were great. ;D

Written By: karen on 07/22/04 at 4:00 am

Most of the ones advertsing Guiness Ice are pretty funny - as long as you remember the originals.  I can't quite picture the original one of the fish on the bicycle.

Of these I think the funniest are the surfers ("tick followed tock followed tick") and the dancing eskimo.

Written By: onaree on 07/22/04 at 7:48 am

I don't know if these are nationwide in the US or not, but I love the Dairy Queen commercial for the new Moolate.  Two men are doing a blind taste test and have a lady blindfolded.  She loves the DQ drink and when they try to take it back, she jumps up and runs into the window.  Hillarious!

I also like the Starbuck's commercial  Very funny!

My all time fave is for the Celica.  It came out a few years ago.  A red Celica is parked on the side of an neighborhood street.  A little dog comes running from behind the house to chase the car and runs into the back of it.  The words come up on the screen, "Celica.  Looks fast."  Then you hear the little god whine.  I laughed until I cried over that one. 

Another good one is a Snicker's commercial where the guy is trying to fix a trophy and winds up with his cat superglued to his back. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/04 at 5:22 pm

I get a kick out of the Visa Check Card one with Yogi Berra & Yao Ming in the store

"Yo-GI" (Yogi)

;D
I liked the way it showed the girl to be an uneducated moron...but it was funny!

Written By: zcrito on 07/23/04 at 5:14 pm

"Yo-GI" (Yogi)

;D

A good funny commercial but it may be one where people don't remember who it's for.
You remembered it I see, but they  should have had Yogi or Yao say "vi-sa" somewhere at its end to tie it to the "yo"s.
???

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/23/04 at 8:04 pm

The Bud commercial where the news crew goes to Dale Earnhardt Jr's house...they tell him "we'll do the interview wherever you're most comfortable"...they end up in Jr's #8 RACE CAR...LMAOROFL!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/23/04 at 8:08 pm

The DEGREE deodorant ad where the woman doing all those crazy stunts....it was all VIRTUAL REALITY stuff....the scientists are amazed at how she didn't sweat..

Written By: Mayleneo on 07/23/04 at 8:12 pm

I'm loving those Geico commercials where there are those bad situations and the guy goes "I have some really good news"

The guy in jail goes " Im gettin' out"
"No but I just saved a lot of money on my auto insurance"

But the best one is where the lover goes "So your breaking up with her?"

"No but I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance"
(whens shes not happy)
<dramatic....>" But I saved......I thought that meant something to you..."

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/23/04 at 8:14 pm

The DEGREE deodorant ad where the woman doing all those crazy stunts....it was all VIRTUAL REALITY stuff....the scientists are amazed at how she didn't sweat..
The DiGiorno pizza ad where the husband dances around the kitchen in his undies while eating..his wife comes out and says 'I hope the delivery guy didn't see you like that'...lol!
The Advair ad with the guy chasing his dog...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/23/04 at 8:20 pm

I'm loving those Geico commercials where there are those bad situations and the guy goes "I have some really good news"

The guy in jail goes " Im gettin' out"
"No but I just saved a lot of money on my auto insurance"

(whens shes not happy)
How about this Geico ad...at a baseball game,the pitcher screws up....manager comes to the mound saying "I have some good news. I'm taking you out." Pitcher"I thought you had GOOD news" Manager"I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. Gimme the ball."

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 07/24/04 at 12:55 pm

Anyone know where I can download the Geico commercial with the Gecko singing "Kong Fu Fighting?" My mom told me about it the otherday but I've never seen it. I can't find it on their website  :(

Written By: saver on 07/24/04 at 4:57 pm

good one that's out now for some truck/suv. The driver pulls up to a red light next to a smaller sporty car...the drivers look at each other as if they say:'That little car can't take this suv!' the small car driver revs the engine as if to start a race..the suv driver smiles like:'try it!' The light turns green, the sports car peels out high speed...but next to the suv in the slow lane is a police car that couldn't be seen because the suv was covering its view and the cop takes off to arrest the speedy sports car!

At first this was cute, but the more I think about it...I hate the product because it is really telling me HOW BIG the damn vehicle is that you couldn't see around it!!!
Anyone else????

Also in LA. they are running a HONDA commercial have live and half animated with a guy called "Mr. Opportunity". It's just the voice of the guy that ALWAYS did the commercial..nothing all that new!

Saver

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/24/04 at 6:45 pm

Thanks that was awesome.
No Problem, SeptGrl80 ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/04 at 2:39 pm

Yet ANOTHER Budweiser commercial....They talk to a guy about why he's playing baseball in addtion to his football career....his reply is "Well, 20 million isn't what it used to be, and I got 6 houses and some SUV's!"...something like that anyway ;D

Written By: saver on 07/25/04 at 7:53 pm

Oh, The BIG CAR commercial(where it blocks the view of the police car), was for Cadillac!

Hope they re-think the message....if you can't see over or around it, it's TOO BIG! :-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/26/04 at 7:35 pm

Dodge Durango ad where the husband is trying to tell his wife about how POWERFUL the engine is...he asks his son'Can you say HEMI' and the son says it in his cute little voice..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/26/04 at 7:37 pm

The old Sega ads for the Sonic 2 game..."It's gonna be HEDGEHOG day!"

Subject: Commercials you like..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/26/04 at 7:41 pm

The WINDEX ad where there's a couple of birds...and one of them tries to get some peanuts from inside the house...and flies into a just-cleaned window...ouch!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/26/04 at 7:42 pm

Levi's..the one where the guy gives his ex some flowers just to get his jeans out of a tree outside her apartment balcony ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/04 at 1:20 pm

The Days Inn commercial where they have Johnny Cash singing "I've Been Everywhere".  8)

Written By: misbehaved on 08/06/04 at 11:25 am

The got milk? commercial with the boy and dog licking peanut butter. And the Milk Bone dog biscuits commercial, the one with the dog facing the corner coz he had bad breath.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/04 at 11:58 am

I like the Staples commercial where they are singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and the guy is wheeling around on the cart and the kids have "if looks could kill" looks on their faces.

I also like the one that says "Fact: Cats do not come with breaks." Anyone who has a cat knows this is very true.

The one for some camera where the dog was being punished for going in the garbage and it was the cat who did it and the dog took a picture of the cat in action.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/04 at 12:20 pm

I like the ad where the Rubber Band Man is handing out school supplies.  :) 8)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/07/04 at 7:35 pm

The new CAPITAL ONE ad with the 'NO' guy is funny! The guy looks familiar...who is the actor portraying him?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/07/04 at 7:38 pm

good one that's out now for some truck/suv. The driver pulls up to a red light next to a smaller sporty car...the drivers look at each other as if they say:'That little car can't take this suv!' the small car driver revs the engine as if to start a race..the suv driver smiles like:'try it!' The light turns green, the sports car peels out high speed...but next to the suv in the slow lane is a police car that couldn't be seen because the suv was covering its view and the cop takes off to arrest the speedy sports car!

At first this was cute, but the more I think about it...I hate the product because it is really telling me HOW BIG the darn vehicle is that you couldn't see around it!!!
Anyone else????

Also in LA. they are running a HONDA commercial have live and half animated with a guy called "Mr. Opportunity". It's just the voice of the guy that ALWAYS did the commercial..nothing all that new!

Saver

The "Mr. Opportunity' Honda ads have just started playing here...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/07/04 at 7:41 pm

The new LUGZ ad with NASCAR's Kevin Harvick!! P.S. Am I the only one here who's seen any NASCAR ads?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/04 at 8:10 pm

I also like that commercial where that guy is being beaten on the tennis court by a little kid-which turns out to be Andre Agissi's son.

Cat

Written By: casey on 08/07/04 at 10:29 pm

is patrick dempsey the voice of the mr. opportunity honda guy? i can't figure out who it is... anyone help?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/08/04 at 12:19 am

The Fresh Step cat litter ad is kinda cute with all the kitties..."If You want a fresher house RAISE YOUR PAW...MEOW!" BTW my Calico baby Tika responds to the cat sounds I have on my PC as part of my desktop theme"Kitty Quartet"!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/08/04 at 12:22 am

The "Real Life,Medicine,Miracles" promos for Discovery Health Channel.

Written By: ... on 08/09/04 at 1:40 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAFLAC!

I actually find a few of those to be funny too! On the other hand, I do feel bad for that poor duck; he always gets in trouble and most of the time it's not even his fault. Like the time he followed a young couple onto a roller-coaster; after he came off of it, he was all dizzy and couldn't walk straight.

Written By: CopperQ on 08/10/04 at 9:58 am

No Problem, SeptGrl80 ;)

I have been trying to find that commercial on the internet as well, but have been unable to locate it.  Would you let me know where I can get that?  Thank you.

Written By: NullandVoid on 08/10/04 at 2:24 pm

I love the Starbucks commercial with Survivor following some guy drinking a Starbucks product.  It is a classic. ;D

GLEN!! GLEN, GLEN, GLEN!!! I love that one too but i also like the one where the guy gets his tounge stuck in a hand mixer. LOL!

Written By: lauren on 08/11/04 at 9:12 pm

:) i love the revlon commercial, i also like the idenitiy theft one, where the guys sitting on the lawn mower and talking like a girl!!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/04 at 7:06 pm

I also like that commercial where that guy is being beaten on the tennis court by a little kid-which turns out to be Andre Agissi's son.

Cat
I LOVE that commercial...and you can just see the love on Stephi's face :)
BTW, Agassi won a tournament last weekend :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/04 at 8:43 am

I love the "Rubber Band Man" commercials.  It's just the song that gets me every time. ;D

Now, everytime I see that commercial I think of you.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Davester on 08/15/04 at 3:13 am

The Priceline commercials with Bill Shatner.  A later one with Shatner & Leonard Nimoy is hilarious!

Written By: Rod on 08/15/04 at 8:11 am

If anyone knows who performs the music in the Revlon ads, let me know. The music is great.

Written By: zcrito on 08/15/04 at 12:09 pm

If anyone knows who performs the music in the Revlon ads, let me know. The music is great.

You're the second person to mention the Revlon ads. I haven't seen them but maybe this will help with your music question...

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=1f255e8bbeb7c74e8983de642dd14e0c&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=revlon

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/04 at 12:14 pm

The Priceline commercials with Bill Shatner.  A later one with Shatner & Leonard Nimoy is hilarious!

As much as I can't stand Bill Shatner, I have to admit that these are kind of funny. I love the fact that Leonard always gets in a jab at Bill. At least they are much better than the older ones where Bill was TRYING to sing-if you can call it that.

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 08/17/04 at 12:34 am

I saw a couple more commercials tonight that look great...

1. School's out forever? There's a new back-to-school commercial on for Staples featuring Alice Cooper shopping for school supplies with his daughter that's very funny!

2. Those Prego pasta sauce commercials. This time with a new ending but with the same great music which sounds alot like "Love Theme" or "Love Theme for Nata" from Cinema Paradiso...

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=3SJFR96S0F&ean=21471259827

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/04 at 7:48 pm

I like the Dell commerical where a really perky girl goes to her dorm room and discovered that her roommate is a goth. I think they could actually make a show about that. lol

Cat

Written By: Tammy on 08/20/04 at 5:55 pm

How about this Geico ad...at a baseball game,the pitcher screws up....manager comes to the mound saying "I have some good news. I'm taking you out." Pitcher"I thought you had GOOD news" Manager"I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. Gimme the ball."

Does anyone know who the catcher is? I mean who the actor is that plays the catcher in this Geico commercial?
If you do, please email me: tamanator@comcast.net
Thanx, Tam

Written By: danootaandme on 08/21/04 at 8:10 am

Those Cingular Triplets are HOTHOTHOT :D :D :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/04 at 2:20 pm

As much as I can't stand Bill Shatner, I have to admit that these are kind of funny. I love the fact that Leonard always gets in a jab at Bill. At least they are much better than the older ones where Bill was TRYING to sing-if you can call it that.

Cat

I agree.  Bill Shatner has been a parody of himself for 20 years.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/21/04 at 5:22 pm

Remember the old "Chicken Sandwich" one for McDonalds....where the couple are driving and the husband suggests McDonalds...his wife is sarcastic and says "Sure, then later we can get some charcoal, squeeze it real hard and make diamonds!" Later at the restaraunt he puts a bag of charcoal next to her and says "Happy Anniversary"  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/23/04 at 7:23 pm

I like Overstock.com because the slogan "It's all about the O" always sounds like
"It's all about B.O."
;D
Where did they tape that commercial anyway, the set of "THX-1138"?

Written By: Stompgal on 08/24/04 at 4:15 am

I like that Walls sausages advert where the dog an a man are fighting ovr a packet of sausages, It's soo funny!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/04 at 5:56 pm

I like the Saturn commercial where the saleslady says "you're welcome", and the suspicious customer says "But when you say 'you're welcome' what do you really mean".

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/04 at 10:39 pm

A-1 Sauce with the G-force simulator.

Also the Starburst ads they were showinging a while back, the ones were the guy eats a tart Starburst and puckers at an inappropriate time, like the one where his date's coming down the stairs in her prom dress, he starts cringing from the Starbust and she bursts into tears!
;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/04 at 7:43 pm

I think the commercials are for Microsoft but they show kids basically being kids and then they have like a chalk outline making it look like a stage, or something saying something like "We see....."  I think those are wonderful commercials.

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 09/11/04 at 4:15 pm

The TIAA-CREF commercial with  David Sylvian singing West Side Story's "Somewhere".

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/22/04 at 7:07 pm

I was thinking about this the other day...so when I found this thread I had to add mine to the pile. ;-)

A few commercials I like include...

"Scent of Bob" Zest commercial

One of the iMac (I think) commercials where the man is making faces through the window of a shop and the computer monitor is "mimicking" him (cool whistling music in the background)

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Prego commercials... one I enjoyed was the one where the ladies were turning cartwheels out in a meadow to the song "Born Free" (that may have been Ragu; do not recall right off my head).

The Nokia (Little China) commercial where the guy is trying to tell the shop owners he needs the bathroom and finally has someone download a picture of a toilet over his cell phone.

The Walgreens "in a town called Perfect" commercials

I also particularly like many of the Christmas commercials.  One of my all time holiday favorites was the Stetson commercial with the couple on the horse and the chorus singing "Easy for you" in the background.  Another favorite was the "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" spots (sung by Stevie Wonder & Natalie Cole) a couple years back.

Written By: woops on 11/22/04 at 7:16 pm

I liked that commecal, forgot the product, that has a 50 foot woman giving a guy her number on a billboard.  :)

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/23/04 at 11:34 am

Office Max's Rubber Band Man and the two Starbucks Coffee commercials.
The people at the commercialsihate.com message board thought I was crazy when I said that I actually LIKED those commercials. 
I haven't seen Rubber Band Man in a while and the Starbucks commercials with Survivor and the Motown group are beginning to fade and I'm seeing them less. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/04 at 12:34 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAFLAC!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does Ben Affleck get alot people saying that to him?  ::)  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/04 at 12:37 pm

GLEN!! GLEN, GLEN, GLEN!!! I love that one too but i also like the one where the guy gets his tounge stuck in a hand mixer. LOL!

Me too!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/04 at 12:41 pm

I love the Staples commerical with Alice Cooper going school supply shopping...

"I thought you said school's out for summer!"  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/23/04 at 8:03 pm

The animated ad for United Airlines,that starts out with the character as a young boy looking up at an old propeller-driven plane...it shows him as he grows up,flies on United on business trips,attends board meetings and stuff,and ends with him as an elderly man,climbing the steps to his house...he looks up and sees a modern Boeing 747-400...a really cool ad. If you watch carefully,they show some of the aircraft United has flown during its history. And of course,the ad's music is Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue.

Written By: Anonymous on 05/21/05 at 12:32 pm

Well we can all name and talk about television commercials we hate but is there any you like?

I know it's not always possible to name them off the top of your head -- who remembers commercials anyway -- but list 'em as you see 'em.

It's a current one that's playing on U.S. television for General Motors Professional Grade Engineering. It has an auto designer at his desk and every bad design on paper he wads up and throws in the garbage can becomes a real auto crashing into the ground in desolate field. I like the music that plays in the background and the way you only see the autos crashing down like rain when the commercial starts. It's like a mini music video.

YES! I LOVE :-* the DiGiorno Pizza commercial...the one with the guy in the dress and wig! :-*  ;) He is so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o cute! ;D I started eating DiGiorno when that commercial came out, I know it sounds :D silly, but it's true! :P But ever since THAT commercial went off the air, I haven't had any (DiGiorno) pizza, and it makes me kinda :\'( sad...and a bit >:( upset. What do you think? ???

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/21/05 at 1:41 pm

I think the new Vodafone adverts are hilarious! Especially the one where the guy phones his dad to to tell him he's gay, and his dad just goes 'excellent'. Randomness!  :D :D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/21/05 at 2:56 pm

The new Budweiser ad where they are testing Dale Earnhardt Jr's car in the wind tunnel....Anyone here knows why I like any commerical with Dale Jr or Tony Stewart in it....And Dale Jr is d*mmed HOT...woohoo!

Don't mind me,I just find Dale Jr and Tony Stewart to be absolutely sexy.As well as two of the best drivers in NASCAR Nextel Cup!

BTW the Nextel All-Star race is tonight,broadcast on FX at 7:00.

Written By: cancemini2real on 05/21/05 at 10:52 pm

At first this was cute, but the more I think about it...I hate the product because it is really telling me HOW BIG the darn vehicle is that you couldn't see around it!!!
Anyone else????

Saver

Hey! I Like that commercial, too! I almost wanted to try that with some idiot who was trying to test me! The rage of the road! :-*

Written By: woops on 05/22/05 at 10:35 pm

Only one scene from the recent "Verizon Wireless" commercial...  ::)

Nothing recent, but I liked those Collect Call commercials with Alyssa Milano.  :)  :D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/24/05 at 12:01 pm

The Mountain Dew "Spy vs Spy" ads..

Sadly,the spies' orginal creator, Antonio Prohias, is gone...RIP.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 11:28 am

The Bud Light one with Cedric "Fantasizing"  ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/29/05 at 6:39 am

http://64.41.109.149/school/1frito2.jpg

Ayiee, yie-yie-yieeee,
I am dee Frito Bandito.
I love Frito's Corn Chips,
I love dem I do.
I take dem from you.

Written By: zcrito on 05/29/05 at 1:59 pm

Ayiee, yie-yie-yieeee,
I am dee Frito Bandito.
I love dem I do.
I take dem from you.

Wasn't that commercial taken off television over 25 years ago?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/29/05 at 6:02 pm

Wasn't that commercial taken off television over 25 years ago?

I don't know how long it's been, but yeah they're off.  But I still love that old commercial.

Written By: Webstor on 05/30/05 at 12:42 am

The Dr. Pepper commercial where they use Meatloaf's "I would do anything for Love" song....
They show the guy taking yoga with his girlfriend, doing her laundry with her, and buying her tampons for her in the store.......

But he wont share the Dr pepper....

freakin simple,brilliant, and funny

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/31/05 at 5:12 pm

I'll never eat DiGiornio pizza again after this dude made me lose my appetite. I don't see how you can classify this guy as cute. It almost makes me wish French Stewart would return (I said, "Almost!" ;))
YES! I LOVE :-* the DiGiorno Pizza commercial...the one with the guy in the dress and wig! :-*  ;) He is so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o cute! ;D I started eating DiGiorno when that commercial came out, I know it sounds :D silly, but it's true! :P But ever since THAT commercial went off the air, I haven't had any (DiGiorno) pizza, and it makes me kinda :\'( sad...and a bit >:( upset. What do you think? ???

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/31/05 at 7:59 pm

The Mentos commerical with birds chirping along "No Limit" by 2 Unlimited.

Written By: Webstor on 05/31/05 at 9:37 pm

I think its for Diet Vanilla Cherry Dr Pepper or something like that....

The girl is drinking one at the table where she is dining out...and she watches everyone talking around her, but all she can hear is that old Muppet song "Mana Mana" from the Muppet show.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/01/05 at 9:53 pm

I liked the Sierra Mist ones where the guy gets busted for stealing one proclaiming "They're Free!" ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/01/05 at 10:00 pm

The Citi financial ad with the two senior citizens singing 'Sunny Side of Life'..one of them is playing an autoharp.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/04/05 at 3:55 pm

;D There's a new one for Norelco...I think...it starts off with a guy talking about a new razoor called the "Quintipio" that has 15 blades and then they talk about the electric razor instead ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/04/05 at 7:31 pm

One of the older Capital One commercials where someone loses their credit card...turns out some apes(?)get hold of it and use it to pay for a wild party!

The newer 'No' Capital One ads are so tired and have NO imagination!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/05 at 12:43 pm

The Walgreens Photo Center ad with the technologically-challenged guy..

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/05 at 6:44 pm

The Coors Light one...of course any with the twins...but also the new one with the guy pretending to be a busboy and running out with all the bottles.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/05/05 at 7:46 pm

The ad for Revolution flea preventative with all those CUTE CATS...

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/20/05 at 3:07 am

Television Commercials You Like

I like the new commercial for the Georgia lottery with some old man who keeps cheating death.

Written By: DJDiG on 06/21/05 at 2:28 pm

My fave is the HP photo printer one where the guy holds up frames and it turns into a picture.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/22/05 at 2:57 pm

I like the new commercials for Subway with two Jared Fogels.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/15/05 at 8:58 pm

The PUR water filter commercial with the gal drinking a glass of water...enjoying it so much,she doesn't even notice THE DOG STEALING THE CHICKEN THAT WAS MEANT FOR DINNER!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/10/05 at 3:47 pm

Thanks that was awesome.
;)

Written By: jackas on 08/10/05 at 5:01 pm

(whens shes not happy)

I love that one! ;D

I think I like all the Gieco commercials.  How they rag on all the bad commercials out there and political correctness.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/10/05 at 6:46 pm

I like the new Geico ad with Speed Racer. I know the cartoon is old, but it looks like Speedy is actually confused by his girl saying "I saved a bunch of money on car insurance..."
I love that one! ;D

I think I like all the Gieco commercials.  How they rag on all the bad commercials out there and political correctness.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/10/05 at 8:15 pm

I like the new Geico ad with Speed Racer. I know the cartoon is old, but it looks like Speedy is actually confused by his girl saying "I saved a bunch of money on car insurance..."
Yep, I've loved thier commercials ever since the squirrels did the high five after making a car swerve off the road ;D

Written By: jackas on 08/11/05 at 2:11 pm

Is that what it's supposed to be? ???  That one always confused me. ;D  I kept expecting to see him drive off a cliff or something and when that didn't happen I wasn't sure what message it was sending. :-[

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/12/05 at 8:48 pm

It's a local commercial in Denver, but I always enjoy the John Elway car dealership ones :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/05 at 6:12 pm

Cottonelle...the one with the puppy :)

Written By: C.NOIZE on 08/14/05 at 6:28 pm

That's my favorite of the "I just saved a bunch of money..." Geico commercials.  The caveman ones are the best in my opinion, though.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/05 at 6:47 pm

That's my favorite of the "I just saved a bunch of money..." Geico commercials.  The caveman ones are the best in my opinion, though.
I thought the first caveman one was alright but I really don't like the latest one ::)

Written By: jackas on 08/14/05 at 7:49 pm

I thought the first caveman one was alright but I really don't like the latest one ::)

I agree, the first two are hilarious.  The last one is just mildly amusing.

Caveman Clip 1st commercial  http://www.funnyclipcentral.com/content/geicocaveman.php

I also like the one where the newly married couple move into the small apartment.  My favorite line is, "I just wanna make an omelet!"

Written By: tv on 08/14/05 at 11:34 pm

I am a car nut so I love car commercials. Hear are my favorite car commercials.

-Any Nissan commercial from the past few years. Nissan has some catchy commercials along with good music in the background.

-The Mitsubishi commercials in the early 00's(2000-2003) with the catchy background music. I like their commercials from a couple of years ago as well.

-Mazda's "Zoom Zoom Zoom". Their commercial's were cute in the early 00's. Alot of people thought their ads were annoying but I loved them. I akso the new Mazda commercial were they rag on Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. I don;t think its a good idea to rag on those 3 car companies but its a funny commercial. I do like Honda though. Nissan's alright too.

-The Hyundai Commercial when a brand new Elantra(Hyundai's compact car) came out in 2000-2001. There was a girl in the commercial and she was telling you why you should buy a Hyundai. I thought it was real informative commercial. In addition Hyundai built alot of terrible cars in the 90's. The commercial shows you why you should give Hyundai a chance to redeem themeselves(at the time) from the bad cars they built in the 90's.

-I like commercial with Bill Ford(the boss at Ford) from a couple of years about how his Dad brought up the company and stuff like that. I am not a huge Ford fan but another informative commercial.

-I like the commercials with NASCAR Drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Michael Waltrip. Those 2 guys are funny when they are together.

Other commercials:

I like the NFL playoff commercials from a few years ago with actor Don Cheadle in them. Those commercials were awesome.

Those NFL United Way Commercials.

Those "Six Flags Great Adventure Commercials" when that old guy is dancing in front of the bus.

Written By: tv on 08/14/05 at 11:51 pm

Saver

Yeah they are playing the Honda commercial in New Jersey as well. I think the commercial is mostly cheesey but its kind of cute in the end when the guy knocks on the window.

Written By: tv on 08/14/05 at 11:53 pm

Dodge Durango ad where the husband is trying to tell his wife about how POWERFUL the engine is...he asks his son'Can you say HEMI' and the son says it in his cute little voice..
I agree that commercial was cute.

Anybody remember that commercial when the 2003 Toyota Corolla first came onto the market a couple of years ago? There was a guy at a party with his friends and I think he drove a Corolla on the way home from the party or something. Anybody recall the exact detail of that commercial? I liked that commercial. Thats the only Toyota commercial to catch my eye really. The commercial in whuch they used the song "Everyday People' was alright I guess.

Written By: andrea21 on 08/17/05 at 2:32 pm

anything from nike is quite catchy, specially the ballers with all the squeaking and dribbling.

Written By: andrea21 on 08/17/05 at 2:34 pm

anything from nike is quite catchy, specially the ballers with all the squeaking and dribbling.

Written By: me on 09/16/05 at 8:23 pm

:) :D i love that md lottery commercial- im so hott im on fire im so hott im so hott

Written By: woops on 09/24/05 at 6:42 pm

I like the new Chicken of the Sea commercial  :D  ;)

Written By: Ashley Tisdale's A Cutie on 09/25/05 at 6:42 am

I like the new Chicken of the Sea commercial  :D  ;)

Taped it!  :)

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/05 at 11:10 pm

I like those commercials for Raisin Bran Crunch where the boss keeps trying to fire that guy named Johnson, but he doesn't hear cause he's crunching so loud  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/05 at 12:51 pm

A Toyota commercial that they usually play before and after Antique Road show. They have a song which I think is called, "It's a Beautiful Life".

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 10/03/05 at 9:57 am

The recent (the last two) Capital One commercials with David Spade and his "protege" -- the voodoo doll one and the undercover "sometimes you say 'yes'" one.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/05 at 11:48 am

The recent (the last two) Capital One commercials with David Spade and his "protege" -- the voodoo doll one and the undercover "sometimes you say 'yes'" one.  ;D

I like those ones too.  Even the one where the guy on the elevator is like "I'm tired of No" and Spade says "Ooh i'm shaking in my bright yellow shirt", then the protege runs away screaming like a girl  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/03/05 at 11:49 am

I like those ones too.  Even the one where the guy on the elevator is like "I'm tired of No" and Spade says "Ooh i'm shaking in my bright yellow shirt", then the protege runs away screaming like a girl  ;D
;DThat's my favorite of all of them :)

Written By: zcrito on 10/03/05 at 3:10 pm

Yes, that's good one too.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/04/05 at 1:01 am

I just saw a really cool commercial that incorporated the $10,000 Pyramid (with the gold set).  I can't remember what the commercial was for though, but it was just excellent  :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/04/05 at 5:05 am

The Post Grape-Nuts commercial with the camping couple...the guy is eating his Grape-Nuts cereal, all the while a bear is laying waste to their campsite..his galpal tries to tell him there's a bear around..of course he doesn't hear her...and the bear makes off with their tent!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/04/05 at 5:09 am

The Glade Plugins commercial with the cat chasing the mouse..the mouse hides in the cat's litterbox...and says it's time to refill the Plugin...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/04/05 at 5:11 am

The Bud Light ad with the "Beer Tree"

Written By: zcrito on 10/04/05 at 12:34 pm

I like the cheese puffs one, where the guy sits on the bag of cheese puffs and it explodes and covers the walls of the glass-enclosed office.  That one makes me laugh out loud every time, I don't know why.

I love the Citicard identity theft ones, where the actors speak with voices that are a complete mismatch with how they look.

And the HP photo printer ones where the pictures turn into scenes and vice-versa.  Those are brilliant.

" love the Citicard identity theft ones, where the actors speak with voices that are a complete mismatch with how they look."

When I first saw those I thought they were very odd but they really do get their point across.

Written By: whistledog on 10/04/05 at 4:16 pm

There was a commercial in the 90's for Little Caesar's Pizza that I used to really like.  Before this kid gets on a plane with his grandparents, he grabs a slice of pizza.  The cheese is so stringy, it jerks the plain in mid air while the grandmother is putting her lipstick on.  She comes out with lipstick all over her face, and she says "Is it on straight"  ;D

Written By: star500 on 10/05/05 at 9:15 am

I'm not a big fan of commercials....however I do have a few exceptions to the rules:

There is a new Robin Hood Flour commerical that is really cute that just came out this year. It has these two kids that are made out of claymation and they are sitting at a table and talking about why baking is so important, and the little boy drops his muffin on the floor and he looks like he is going to cry.

The other commercial that I really like is from a few years ago. It is for Visa. It shows a man walking along in front of a cage of monkeys and he is looking at them with a thoughful look on his face. He drops his wallet and one of the monkeys hands it back to him. He smiles at the monkey and gets in a Jeep and drives away. Then they show the monkey that handed him back his wallet  now has hold of his Visa and all the other monkeys are screaming because they are excited. Does anyone remember this one? ;) ;D

Written By: zcrito on 10/05/05 at 12:32 pm

I'm not a big fan of commercials....however I do have a few exceptions to the rules:

There is a new Robin Hood Flour commerical that is really cute that just came out this year. It has these two kids that are made out of claymation and they are sitting at a table and talking about why baking is so important, and the little boy drops his muffin on the floor and he looks like he is going to cry.

The other commercial that I really like is from a few years ago. It is for Visa. It shows a man walking along in front of a cage of monkeys and he is looking at them with a thoughful look on his face. He drops his wallet and one of the monkeys hands it back to him. He smiles at the monkey and gets in a Jeep and drives away. Then they show the monkey that handed him back his wallet  now has hold of his Visa and all the other monkeys are screaming because they are excited. Does anyone remember this one? ;) ;D

I've never seen either of 'em. Where do you live?

Written By: star500 on 10/05/05 at 2:03 pm

I've never seen either of 'em. Where do you live?

I live in Canada, maybe that is why I am the only one who has seen them ;D :)

Written By: FireBrand79 on 10/09/05 at 1:04 am

The oreo commercial with the triplet girlswho pour their milk into one glass so they can dunk their oreos.Its cute.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/05 at 4:30 pm

The one for Dodge where the guy meets the cute waitress in a mobile home/restaraunt and hitches it to his truck :)

Written By: Apricot on 10/09/05 at 4:41 pm

I love Amco's "Power Purge" commercial.. how often do old people get sprayed with huge jets of water on TV?  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/05 at 5:30 pm

I love Amco's "Power Purge" commercial.. how often do old people get sprayed with huge jets of water on TV?  :D
Not nearly often enough ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/05 at 11:30 pm

Tylenol Gel Caps,
because the music sounds like Philip Glass!

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/05 at 11:01 pm

I keep seeing that Comcast ad with the 1978 $20,000 Pyramid Footage Click here to watch it

Makes me wish the Pyramid was still on the air  :\'(

Written By: fixati0n on 10/24/05 at 10:37 pm

I love those too.
http://home.comcast.net/~canddsol/forum/capitalone_chubs.jpg

Ever since Nate's been doing commercials (starting with Golden Grahams) I keep getting people I went to high school with asking if I'm doing commercials. Pretty funny stuff. Do you see a resemblance?
Me
http://home.comcast.net/~canddsol/forum/me.jpg
Nate
http://www.messinabaker.com/clientphotos/TorrenceNate.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 10/25/05 at 8:21 pm

^LOL You do sort of resemble him

Written By: zcrito on 10/26/05 at 2:23 am

I love those too.
Ever since Nate's been doing commercials (starting with Golden Grahams) I keep getting people I went to high school with asking if I'm doing commercials. Pretty funny stuff. Do you see a resemblance?
Me
Nate

Yes, but can you run and scream like a girl?   ???

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/05 at 1:16 pm

I like that Adidas Impossible Game commercial from the UK.  The one where Beckham and all those soccer guys are having a match high upon thin pieces of steel.  Very cool  8)

Written By: woops on 10/26/05 at 4:51 pm

The "I Love the 80's: 3D" promos  :D

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/27/05 at 4:00 pm

here is a commercials I loved as a kid they used to do network jingles in the 80's and early to mid 90's the one I remembed is in the 80's NBC's let's all be there to the place to be jingles and in the 90's early ABC used to something is happing and everybody is watching! and Loved those NFL commicals wioth don chelde for the NFL playoffs and super bowl and also more i couldd tthink up

Written By: whistledog on 10/27/05 at 4:03 pm

here is a commercials I loved as a kid they used to do network jingles in the 80's and early to mid 90's the one I remembed is in the 80's NBC's let's all be there to the place to be jingles

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/images_us_nbc/nbc-bethere.jpg

If you have the Real Video Player ...
Click to watch it

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'05 on 10/28/05 at 2:05 pm

The Commercials for METRA commuter rail

Written By: Morton on 10/28/05 at 6:15 pm

I always thought the advert where the car turned into a giant dancing robot was quite clever, until they decided to release the song used in that advert as a single

Written By: fixati0n on 10/31/05 at 9:51 pm

Yes, but can you run and scream like a girl?   ???

I can certainly try.  :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/31/05 at 11:46 pm

I like the current Visa priceless commercial that stars all the product logos like Charlie Tuna, the girl from Morton's salt, The stork from Valasic Pickles, Chef Boy-ar-dee, The jolly green giant, and Mr. Clean are having a dinner party.

Written By: aznbabiie1432 on 11/11/05 at 2:16 am

ii think those commercials 4 k-mart r cute n the ones 4 afflack r too.

Written By: star500 on 11/11/05 at 12:39 pm

I like the current Visa priceless commercial that stars all the product logos like Charlie Tuna, the girl from Morton's salt, The stork from Valasic Pickles, Chef Boy-ar-dee, The jolly green giant, and Mr. Clean are having a dinner party.

I LOVE those commercials as well! ;D I only saw them once during the Today show on NBC but I thought it was so funny...especially at the end when they brought the dishes to Mr. Clean :) Wasn't their a few other characters, as well? I can't remember who they were now though, I saw the commercial about 2 weeks ago.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/05 at 8:19 pm

Whatever that one is with the guy singing the theme from the "Dukes of Hazard."  Well done juxtaposition.  Ineffective commercial, though.  I remember how funny the guy sounds siniging "Dukes..." deadpan, but I don't remember the product!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/28/05 at 8:25 pm

I like the commercial that uses "Dust in the wind" by Kansas.  Everytime the car passes another car, they turn to dust.  Kinda funny but I don't remember which car it was they were advertising.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/28/05 at 8:26 pm

I LOVE those commercials as well! ;D I only saw them once during the Today show on NBC but I thought it was so funny...especially at the end when they brought the dishes to Mr. Clean :) Wasn't their a few other characters, as well? I can't remember who they were now though, I saw the commercial about 2 weeks ago.

Just found this on a ad agency news site:

Animation for the MasterCard "ICONS" commercial produced by Calabash Animation of Chicago
Posted: February 15, 2005

The cast is an ensemble of some of the most famous food industry icons ever created. The featured players are:
The Jolly Green Giant, Charlie the Tuna, The Pillsbury Dough Boy, Chef Boyardee, Mr. Peanut, Count Chocula, The Morton Salt Girl, The Vlassic Stork and Gorton's Fisherman (the spot also boasts a special guest appearance by Mr. Clean).

Written By: lldn324 on 11/30/05 at 8:39 am

I don't see it on anymore, but sometime late 2004 (I think), there was a Bacardi Rum commercial with two men dressed up as flies.  The older one talks about how his 24 hours (of life) are almost up and he should have lived it up while he had the chance and advises the younger one to not waste his life.  Then the old fly lets out a cough and keels over backward and dies.  They then show clips of the young fly taking the advice and partying with "Born to be Alive" playing in the background.  Then, his 24 hours are up and he falls from the ceiling he was dancing on.  Morbidly funny - especially when the old fly coughs and dies.  You kind of have to see it to understand the humor I guess, but I'd love to see that one again!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/30/05 at 7:25 pm

I like the commercial that uses "Dust in the wind" by Kansas.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/30/05 at 7:28 pm

The Meow Mix Indoor Formula "Hey, Tiger" commercial...

and the Allstate commercial with Kasey Kahne!

Written By: Red Ant on 11/30/05 at 7:53 pm

Those TAG body spray commercials are pretty funny and the disclaimers are hilarious.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/01/05 at 6:05 am

The Meow Mix Indoor Formula "Hey, Tiger" commercial...

Oh that reminds me, I LOVED the Meow Mix commercial where they are recording the cat singing the Meow Mix song, and it starts coughing and hacking.  That commercial cracks me up everytime.

I like the cat litter commercial for multi cats where there are about 50 cats partying in this house, then the owners come home and they all scatter and then there is just the three housecats accting like nothing happened until the big white cat comes out with a lampshade on his head.

I LOVE commercials with cats in them, I am a sucker for cats.  :D

Written By: Skippy on 12/08/05 at 9:25 pm

The Nationwide Insurance commercial where through a series of unfortunate events a boat ends up going through some unlucky guy's roof.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/10/05 at 1:04 am

The Honda minivan ads with the kid salesman!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/10/05 at 1:06 am

The Enterprise Car rental ads with Dale Earnhardt Jr. ..the newest one with "Little E"(his unofficial nickname)looking fine in a dress suit.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/10/05 at 1:08 am

The Oreck vacuum cleaner ads, because of David Oreck's 'aw shucks' demeanor....

Written By: Stompgal on 12/10/05 at 5:16 am

I like the Direct Line commercials with the twin brothers and the DFS one with the smiles that aired in the UK about six months ago. The Walls sausages ones were good, but they were banned due to animal cruelty. I also like the Hovis advert with the ducks.

Written By: Skippy on 12/10/05 at 5:29 pm

The Toyota commercial with the 2 kids and the engineer in the booth at the crash test center. I love when the kid says "Crash another one Bob." And later on when they tell engineer Bob to crash another one and tells them there are no more. Then the kid asks "Where's your car?"

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/10/05 at 5:48 pm

That new Verizon commercial where James Earl Jones thinks they're telling him to speak "lower, LOWER".

;D ;D

Written By: PETER on 12/10/05 at 11:54 pm

At first liked the commercial that showed people holding a photo frame up to their face and it would freeze their picture as they gave it to someone, then THEY OVERDID IT AND IT GETS ME DIZZY!!! :D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/13/05 at 7:35 pm

Whatever that one is with the guy singing the theme from the "Dukes of Hazard."

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/13/05 at 7:37 pm

The FedEx ad 'you mean we don't get French benefits'..

Written By: Echo Nomad on 12/13/05 at 11:43 pm

The XM commerical for Direct TV. For me it's the perfect blend of artistic style and commerical product.

Written By: PETER on 12/14/05 at 2:56 pm

At first liked the commercial that showed people holding a photo frame up to their face and it would freeze their picture as they gave it to someone, then THEY OVERDID IT AND IT GETS ME DIZZY!!! :D

This was for HP printers..saw a new one the other night.... :D

Written By: bttrcp on 12/30/05 at 9:05 pm

anyone remember a commercial either 70's or later with a woman hitting an uncooked chicken and saying Wake up little chicken?  It was for a seasoning I think can't remember the product  :-X

Written By: bruce on 01/03/06 at 8:59 pm

I like the allstate commercial with Kasey Kahne three girls in a durango they see Kasey then its in slo mo with an old song playing then they back into a light pole and drop it on a nearby car
Ialso like the one with jimmy johnson and his crew celebrating with nobody in the stands
MY favorite right now is for some male body spray the guy comes to pick up his girlfreind and her mother starts coming on to him

Written By: jackas on 01/04/06 at 10:41 am

I like the Vonage commercials. 

Written By: woops on 01/05/06 at 7:11 pm

"Meet Maddie" promo for the "Suite Life of Zack & Cody" sitcom

Written By: bruce on 01/16/06 at 9:40 pm

i like the commmercial with peyto manning askin the guy in grocery store 4 autograph  in coffee shop  cheerin D-CAF guy outside resteraunt throws him his apron

Written By: whistledog on 03/04/06 at 10:55 pm

I like those commercials for Rasin Bran Crunch where that Kevin Spacey look-a-like dude keeps trying to fire that Johnson guy ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/05/06 at 6:20 am

I like those ads for Nasonex where they have the talking bee who has allergies.  :)

I never knew that bees have teeth.  ;)

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/05/06 at 5:31 pm

The Chicken of the Sea commercial with the cute young woman walking into an elevator holding her breath...  :)  :D  ;D  :-*

Haven't seen it for a while now...

Written By: AU300ModR on 03/06/06 at 1:27 pm

a lot of the commercials on TV are just plan stupid but some are funny, like the one that has just come out during the superbowl. i think its for ameritrade, its the one where these two doctors are in this patients room and a fly is bothering the doctor and then the nurse i guess takes out the shocker paddles and kills the fly and then the guy's family walks in with the guy saying "that one killed him" and he still has the paddles in his hands. then the family gets that omg look on there faces b/c they think that he is dead. funny stuff  ;D .

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/06/06 at 1:51 pm

a lot of the commercials on TV are just plan stupid but some are funny, like the one that has just come out during the superbowl. i think its for ameritrade, its the one where these two doctors are in this patients room and a fly is bothering the doctor and then the nurse i guess takes out the shocker paddles and kills the fly and then the guy's family walks in with the guy saying "that one killed him" and he still has the paddles in his hands. then the family gets that omg look on there faces b/c they think that he is dead. funny stuff  ;D .

;D Yeah that ones kinda funny

Written By: KKay on 03/06/06 at 3:06 pm

Help me remember...
I looooooove the on where a bunch of kids are having a kind of party in a woodsy area and a cute fat kid is doing a dance...he puts his hands on his knees and takes a break to breathe...then he runs off into the woods...
I think it was Coke or Pepsi.
It was hystericall
and another one where a kid dressed as a fire hydrant sings...and he has a really deep voice

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'04 on 03/06/06 at 6:09 pm

The Tide to Go commercial that takes place at a boot camp.

Written By: whistledog on 03/06/06 at 6:12 pm

I like those ads for Nasonex where they have the talking bee who has allergies.  :)

I never knew that bees have teeth.  ;)

"My darling, i have retuned, a changed bee"  ;D

Written By: chiefyamick on 03/06/06 at 11:57 pm

Ok I know this was from a while ago...but when they were re-releasing ET and toys r us was doing a big promo for it- Geoffry was teaching ET how to talk and (from the scene in the movie where he was learning the name Elliot)...ET kept saying "Elliot" and Geoffry was screaming "no, it's GEOFFRY!!" I thought those were hysterical!

Written By: gemini on 03/07/06 at 7:25 am

I love the commercial for Mountain Dew MDX where they play the Lionel Richie song "All Night Long" and it's shot like in night vision with the animals singing.  It's really cute.  :)

Written By: Stompgal on 03/10/06 at 7:17 am

Other commercials I like at the moment:

The Dell one where the man is playing with his PC and his wife opens the door just as she hears rock music playing She looks at him oddly because he's been rocking out with his drumsticks.
The Coco pops straws onw where a boy's mother gives him a cow and she says t's a dog.
The Domino's Pizza advert with The Simpsons and everyone apart from Homer gets some pizza.
The Ebay adverts, especially the one with the baby girl whose mum says, "She's such a little..." and the next part shows a goth boy saying, "Blood Sucking Monster," because he bought that film on Ebay.
The Nobby's Crisps adverts with Noddy Holder
The I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Add with Ozzy Osbourne, plus a lookalike
The Dolmio adverts with the puppets
the Sainsbury's ad where Jamie Oliver makes a cheese and vegetable tortilla snack

Written By: gmann on 03/10/06 at 12:13 pm

My latest fave is the Nextel commercial where the 2 guys are dancing to Salt 'n' Pepa's "Push It" and another guy comes in all frantic so they stop the music, use the phones to answer his questions, then turn the boombox back on and start dancing again. ;D

Damn, you beat me to it. That should have been mine ;D!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/15/06 at 8:12 pm

Any Home Depot ad with Tony Stewart in it..a few of them are really funny.

The NAPA ads with Dale Jr. and former teammate Michael Waltrip.

The UPS ads where they try to get Dale Jarrett to race the truck.

Of course only racing fans would know what ads I'm talking about.

Written By: whistledog on 03/16/06 at 12:16 pm

I mentioned this one in the 80's section, but I'll put it here too.  It's the Mastercard "Priceless" commercial with Richard Dean Anderson as MacGyver

Written By: whistledog on 03/16/06 at 12:16 pm

I also like the Citibank one with the guy on the train:

Say your pet's name:  "Fluffy"
Say your password:  "Big Boy" (really quiet)
Please repeat your password:  "Big Boy" (much louder)....it's just the way he says these ;D

That one cracks me up ;D

Written By: zcrito on 03/21/06 at 7:05 pm

I really like those VW Golf GTI "german engineering in da house" unpimp your ride commercials.
;D

Many people think the latest VWs aren't Teutonic enough. Maybe this will help get them back on track.

Written By: KKay on 03/22/06 at 8:16 am

^ these are great. That guy is a good actor, too.

I love these new doublemint twins- the ones that don't match.

http://z.about.com/d/chicago/1/0/9/F/d_twins.jpg

Written By: Lewis on 03/24/06 at 10:57 pm

I absolutly love the geico commercial where he's talking about the free pie n' chips i mean who wouldn't want free pie and chips their pie and chips and their free! I love that commercial to death! :D But i absolutly hate the geico commercials with the cavemen i mean we get it already just take it off the air i mean its like i see it ever 5 seconds it just get too old too fast...it was funny the first hundred times but now just stop the stupidity!  >:(

Written By: zcrito on 04/02/06 at 1:53 pm

Volkswagen has had other good commercials. Does anyone remember this one from 1999?

http://www.eurotuned.com/media/vwcommercials_nolinking/Golf-mister-roboto.mov

;D

Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For doing the jobs that nobody wants to
And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For helping me escape just when I needed to...

Written By: Abix on 04/02/06 at 3:23 pm

I love the beer commercials that make fun of men in general :P ( the one where the guy is supposedly fixing the roof, and camped up on there with a cooler , and the guy next to him falls off  his roof)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/02/06 at 7:17 pm

The new Ford Fusion ad with NASCAR driver and buff guy Carl Edwards...it's pretty funny, especially the stuff about the famous backflip Edwards does every time he wins a race...

Edwards did not win today though...Tony "Mr. Fence Climber" Stewart did, it made my day and my whole weekend!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/02/06 at 9:40 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet. But, I am obsessed with Burger King's "Big Bucking Chicken" commercial. The song is hilarious and stays in my head each time I see it.

Written By: whistledog on 04/03/06 at 1:13 am

There is this real neat commercial in Canada for A&W Restaurants that's so sentimental, it makes me teary eyed  :\'(

The son, his wife, and his mom and dad all go to A&W.  The dad does all of the ordering, which he's done since forever.  He wants a Papa Burger, the mom gets a Mama Burger and the son and his wife each get a Teen Burger.

When they go to sit down, the dad looks at his burger, and notices that it's a Grandpa Burger.  It was the son's way of telling his dad there is going to be a new edition to the family :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/04/06 at 8:37 pm

I love the Iams ads for their 'Multi-Cat" dry cat food, with all those different cats walking down the runway like supermodels.

Of course, I'm a sucker for anything about cats.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/06/06 at 3:37 am

I love the breakdancing worm flip-book/checkbook commercial for Visa Checkcards.  That cute little worm is doing "the worm" dance to Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force-Looking For The Perfect Beat

Written By: S.Nagarajan on 04/09/06 at 11:19 am

Free Pepsi wallpapers

Written By: jackas on 04/09/06 at 2:08 pm

I also like the Citibank one with the guy on the train:

Say your pet's name:  "Fluffy"
Say your password:  "Big Boy" (really quiet)
Please repeat your password:  "Big Boy" (much louder)....it's just the way he says these ;D

LOL  I like that one too. 

I also like the one where the two guys are in the locker room and the guy says his cell phone has theft deterrence and he tells the other guy to try and take his wallet.  So the other guy goes to take the wallet and the first guy chucks the cell phone at his head.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/09/06 at 11:41 pm

I like the Staples "Copy cat" commercial where the guy in the office brings his cat in to use finger paints to make color copies of the pie chart document.  The commercial is for their sale on color copies for 39 cents each.  You know it's a good commercial when you can remember the item they are actually promoting.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/09/06 at 11:52 pm

Another couple commercials I like:

"Hi I'm Stanley Johnson, I've got a great house, like my car (it's new)? I even belong to the local country club. How do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!"

------------------------
Capital One's commercials with the Vikings and Huns is pretty amusing.

------------------------------
Title: I Work with a Bunch of Jack-Asses
Advertiser: Career Builder
Product: Job Placement Services
--------------------------

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/09/06 at 11:56 pm

And being the geek that I am,

I love the Mr. Spock/Leonard Nimoy Aleve commercial where he is on the phone with his agent saying "I can't do it!  Why?  Because it hurts!  Then his agents says "Try Aleve"."  Next scene they show him going to the podium at a Star Trek Convention and viola, he is able to do the "Live long and prosper" sign.  The crowd goes wild!  Yay!!!!!

http://www.advertisementave.com/tv/ad.asp?adid=654

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/11/06 at 8:04 pm

The Fancy Feast cat food ads with the Persian cat...I found out the cat is a Chinchilla Persian named SH III.

Written By: zcrito on 04/11/06 at 8:16 pm

Another couple commercials I like:

"Hi I'm Stanley Johnson, I've got a great house, like my car (it's new)? I even belong to the local country club. How do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!"

"...Somebody please help me!"

That was a good one.  We all know someone like that.  ;D

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/12/06 at 6:19 pm

I have two favorites, the one commercial w/ diet pepsi and jackie chan. it's funny when jay moore(the actor in the commercial that plays diet pepsi's agent) says that diet pepsi doesn't do his own stunts so when they're shooting the scene someone yells "stunt double!" and they bring in diet coke. i love it ;D

and the other is a dairy queen commercial where the lady is pregnant and when she eats i think a blizzard she fantasizes that her husband is the one giving birth and he yells at her "you did this to me!".haha

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/15/06 at 7:43 pm

Any Pantene commercial with Maria Menounos in it.

Man, she's hot.  :P

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/16/06 at 2:14 pm

I like the United (airplanes) commercials with the animated characters and the use of "Rhapsody In Blue" They've been using that theme for years, but it still fits the whole flying thing.

Written By: whistledog on 05/11/06 at 8:59 pm

There was a great commercial for Molson Canadian Beer that always cracked me up ...

This Canadian guy is at a party in the U.S. and this girl comes up to him ...

Girl: Hey!! You're from Canada!! Do you know Glen?? From Canada?? He works in that office!!
Canadian dude: Sure!! I know Glen!!
Girl: I knew it!
Canadian Dude: He's dead.

then the Canadian guy walks away, and the girl looks ready to cry  ;D

Written By: fixati0n on 06/09/06 at 11:34 am

I love those too.
http://home.comcast.net/~canddsol/forum/capitalone_chubs.jpg

Me
http://home.comcast.net/~canddsol/forum/me.jpg
Nate
http://www.messinabaker.com/clientphotos/TorrenceNate.jpg

Just to update. Keep an eye out for me (really Nate Torrence) in the new Adam Sandler movie Click.

Written By: zcrito on 08/08/06 at 10:33 pm

I really like that new Dodge Caliber commercial with the cute cuddly Muppet looking characters in a "focus group".

It's this one if you haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z76Fhba87s4&mode=related&search=dodge%20caliber

(You gotta love Binky)

;D

Written By: Dave79 on 08/09/06 at 6:47 pm

I remember one..  Maybe 8 or 10 years ago there was this Geico commiercal where the guy is setting in a chair and gets his car insurince bill in the mail, reads it... meanwhile there is this furry looking dog behind him, that damn dog falls onto the floor and laughs his ass off.

--
Dave.

Written By: dylan on 10/10/06 at 10:19 am

Anyone know the actress in the new pantene "Ice shine" commercial ??????

Its not anna friel, its a little brown haired girl, I can't find her anywhere........

Written By: karen on 10/10/06 at 10:28 am

Anyone know the actress in the new pantene "Ice shine" commercial ??????

Its not anna friel, its a little brown haired girl, I can't find her anywhere........

I can't recall seeing the adveryt but a little googling shows it to be Anna Friel (unless there's someone else in the advert?)

http://www.visit4info.com/Restricted.cfm?id=32341&Redirect=www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=32341

Written By: zcrito on 10/13/06 at 11:23 pm

Another good one from Geico. This time it's one of the Cavemen at an airport...
(good music too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZrjr4A-ASQ

8)

Written By: Abix on 10/27/06 at 10:55 am

I really like that new Dodge Caliber commercial with the cute cuddly Muppet looking characters in a "focus group".

It's this one if you haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z76Fhba87s4&mode=related&search=dodge%20caliber

(You gotta love Binky)

;D

I LOVE that one.. Binky is adorable.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/06 at 11:25 am

I have come to conclusion that a lot of these companies are hiring terrible ad agencies. Most of the commericals out there, just have me scratching my head and saying, "HUH?" There are a few exceptions.

I don't usually like Mountain Dew commercials but one I do like is the guy who plays that slapping game and he is terrible at first it but after practicing he gets better. At the end the old master says, "That's fast...but not fast enough".

As someone has already mention, the Capital One Vikings are amusing.

There are some more but I can't think of them right now.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/07 at 6:54 pm

Hubby & I get a kick out of the Vontage commercial with the blond saying, "Oh look, dolphins. Let's go play with the dolphins" and they are sharks.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/01/07 at 7:09 pm

Geico's dissed cavemen campaign is the funniest one going.

I think it started with the pitchman saying, "Geico insurance is so easy to apply for, even a caveman could do it!," and then it cut to a modern suburban home inhabited by Neanderthals who see the commercial and say, "Oh, that was so not cool!"  Then it spun off into a whole drama about the company trying to apologize to the cavemen, and succeeding only in making the cavemen even more offended.  It's a fun spoof on race prejudice.  Heck, it takes a lot to get me to watch ads for an insurance company!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/faxxanadu/geico-cavemen2.jpg

Written By: KKay on 01/01/07 at 7:28 pm

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/faxxanadu/geico-cavemen2.jpg

Everytime we go out my husband orders "The duck...with the mango salsa."

Written By: lpg_unit on 01/03/07 at 5:56 am

Written By: zcrito on 01/07/07 at 12:04 pm

Cingular and the "Stop the catbox!" (the sheep dont like it?) commercial that's on now.

;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOLPrdd8JvU

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/25/12 at 8:13 pm

Just saw this commercial from England on a show about commercials.  Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ELzwos9KQ

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 07/26/12 at 1:57 am

The Telus commercials are pretty cool and unique.

Check for new replies or respond here...