inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sheryl Crow Is A Hypocrite and Homewrecker, and Lance Armstrong is Just Dumb

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/17/04 at 4:16 pm

After stealing Lance Armstrong from his wife, Sheryl Crow has the audacity to demand that he should "stand by his woman". Lance Armstrong left "his woman" for a washed-up liberal folk-singer. I've lost respect for both of them.

http://start.earthlink.net/newsarticle?cat=3&aid=D83SO4SG0_story

Subject: Re: Sheryl Crow Is A Hypocrite and Homewrecker, and Lance Armstrong is Just Dumb

Written By: danootaandme on 07/17/04 at 4:21 pm

Why would you expect anything more, or less from them? 

Subject: Re: Sheryl Crow Is A Hypocrite and Homewrecker, and Lance Armstrong is Just Dumb

Written By: gemini61 on 07/17/04 at 4:34 pm

From what I have heard, they were separated for months before Crow and Armstrong even met, and had filed for divorce a month before. So, why does the blame always go to the woman in the relationship? I don't think she held a gun to his head and made him leave his wife.

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/17/04 at 5:03 pm

See, they were just separated, not divorced. IMHO, that means that they couple had plenty of time to try to work things out an save the marriage. Or they did before Sheryl came.
But it does seem, from this story, that Ms. Crow wants Mr. Armstrong to forget his last wife and is eager to call herself "his woman", which is putting pressure on him. And don't you think that the Tour de France is more important to him than finding time for he and Sheryl to make out?!!
To answer your question on why a woman gets all the blame in the relationship, it maybe due to it being a man's world. And that a woman, no matter how high she is on the social ladder, will always be thought of as secong class citizens. Sad but true. But debating it is for another thread. :-\\

From what I have heard, they were separated for months before Crow and Armstrong even met, and had filed for divorce a month before. So, why does the blame always go to the woman in the relationship? I don't think she held a gun to his head and made him leave his wife.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/17/04 at 6:36 pm

They were separated for quite a while, personally I have wondered about the kind of people who chose
bicycle racing as a profession.  Does he do anything else?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/17/04 at 6:51 pm

personally I have wondered about the kind of people who chose
bicycle racing as a profession.  Does he do anything else?
Steroids

Written By: Bobby on 07/17/04 at 7:54 pm

Steroids

I don't know Lance Armstrong, but that is one witty reply, RockandRollFan.  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 07/17/04 at 8:50 pm

Steroids

Now I can't stop laughing. ;D

As for Crow and Armstrong's personal life, who the hell cares?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/17/04 at 9:41 pm

I don't know Lance Armstrong, but that is one witty reply, RockandRollFan.  ;D
Thanks, Bobby :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/17/04 at 9:45 pm

Now I can't stop laughing. ;D

As for Crow and Armstrong's personal life, who the hell cares?
Cool, I love when I make you laugh :) and you are correct....I don't care either ::)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/18/04 at 8:57 am

i don't believe everything I read esp. when it comes to celebrity love affairs. 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/18/04 at 9:01 am

Steroids
Good one RockandRollFan who seem to have hit the spot with that one.  Rock on!!!!!!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/19/04 at 10:32 am

Good one RockandRollFan who seem to have hit the spot with that one.  Rock on!!!!!!!!
Thanks, DanootaAndMe  ;D ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/19/04 at 1:40 pm

If Lance Armstrong WAS on steroids he must have gotten the crappy brand because he doesn't look that big.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/19/04 at 3:44 pm

You think that Sheryl Crow is a hypocrite?

How about "Touched by an Angel's" Roma Downey?

While she was on TV portraying the angelic one, she was living in sin with another actor, Michael Nouri (of Flashdance) whose WIFE has multiple sclerosis. (they were not divorced).  Roma was upset with him because he would not "commit" to her.

I now refer to her show as "Touched by a Tramp".

Not THAT'S hypocrisy.  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/19/04 at 7:22 pm

Quite right, Lyric Boy, but that doesn't excuse any other celebs to have extramarital. Amy Grant and Vince Gill is another example of hypocrisy. :(
You think that Sheryl Crow is a hypocrite?

How about "Touched by an Angel's" Roma Downey?

While she was on TV portraying the angelic one, she was living in sin with another actor, Michael Nouri (of Flashdance) whose WIFE has multiple sclerosis. (they were not divorced).  Roma was upset with him because he would not "commit" to her.

I now refer to her show as "Touched by a Tramp".

Not THAT'S hypocrisy.  ;)

Written By: My name is Kenny on 07/19/04 at 11:56 pm

None of you know anything real about these people.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/20/04 at 8:36 am

None of you know anything real about these people.

Exactly.  Which is why I don't think any of us have a right to call anyone a "homewrecker".  And as for a "hypocrite", aren't we ALL hypocrites to some extent? ???

Written By: Jessica on 07/20/04 at 12:40 pm

And as for a "hypocrite", aren't we ALL hypocrites to some extent? ???

I am and I know it. ;D :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/20/04 at 2:00 pm

Exactly.  Which is why I don't think any of us have a right to call anyone a "homewrecker".  And as for a "hypocrite", aren't we ALL hypocrites to some extent? ???

Sure we have the right.  I for one would be a hypocrite if I said otherwise.

When we raise our children, we often advise (sometimes "tell") them what people to avoid.  We give them this "advice" based on our observations and "judgements" on the behaviour of those people.

If I were a personal friend of Roma Downey, she would NOT be on the list of potential guardians of my children should I meet my maker while the kids were still minors.  Why?  Because of her complete disregard for the santity of marriage and the family. (She was living with a married man whose wife has MS).  That is MY JUDGEMENT and it is based on MY OBSERVATIONS of HER BEHAVIOR.  And I would not want MY KIDS brought up with somebody with THOSE "VALUES".

I tell the kids to stay away from people who I know are drug dealers or who populate the police blotter regularly.  Am I being judgemental?  Absolutely.  I do not want my kids hanging out with criminals.  I can not stop it all, but I can do my bit when I can to minimize their exposure to bad influences.

To say that "we can not judge" is hypocritical.  We make decisions every day, based on our observations as to how other people live their lives and how we "judge" those behaviours against our values.

Am I a hypocrite in other aspects of my life?  Perhaps.  But I am not the brand of hypocrite who says "I do not judge" when life in a society is LOADED with judgements.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/20/04 at 2:01 pm

In other news, Lance Armstrong is now in the overall lead :)

Written By: resinchaser on 07/20/04 at 2:19 pm

In other news, Lance Armstrong is now in the overall lead :)

Go Lance! :)

Written By: resinchaser on 07/20/04 at 3:34 pm

Sure we have the right.  I for one would be a hypocrite if I said otherwise.

When we raise our children, we often advise (sometimes "tell") them what people to avoid.  We give them this "advice" based on our observations and "judgements" on the behaviour of those people.

If I were a personal friend of Roma Downey, she would NOT be on the list of potential guardians of my children should I meet my maker while the kids were still minors.  Why?  Because of her complete disregard for the santity of marriage and the family. (She was living with a married man whose wife has MS).  That is MY JUDGEMENT and it is based on MY OBSERVATIONS of HER BEHAVIOR.  And I would not want MY KIDS brought up with somebody with THOSE "VALUES".

I tell the kids to stay away from people who I know are drug dealers or who populate the police blotter regularly.  Am I being judgemental?  Absolutely.  I do not want my kids hanging out with criminals.  I can not stop it all, but I can do my bit when I can to minimize their exposure to bad influences.

To say that "we can not judge" is hypocritical.  We make decisions every day, based on our observations as to how other people live their lives and how we "judge" those behaviours against our values.

Am I a hypocrite in other aspects of my life?  Perhaps.  But I am not the brand of hypocrite who says "I do not judge" when life in a society is LOADED with judgements.

How is Roma Downey a hypocrit? She's an actress who plays an angel on a TV show. That doesn't mean she's an angel in real life. Is Samuel L Jackson a hypocrit for playing a Jedi even though he's a badass, former crack head? Does everyone in Hollywood have to live their lives exactly the way they are portrayed on TV or film?

So she started dating a man whose wife (they were separated at the time) had MS.How does that make Roma Downey a tramp? You have no idea why the two were separated, so you can't automatically blame Michael Nouri just because the wife was sick.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/20/04 at 6:44 pm

So she started dating a man whose wife (they were separated at the time) had MS.How does that make Roma Downey a tramp? You have no idea why the two were separated, so you can't automatically blame Michael Nouri just because the wife was sick.

Let's just say that where I come from, having an ongoing romantic relationship with somebody else's spouse makes one a tramp.  I seem to recall reading somewhere about "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife" or "Thou shalt not commit adultery" or "Forsaking the spouse for no other" or some such things.  As I recall these things basically mean that somebody else's spouse is off limits, and anyone other than your spouse is also off limits.

Pretty sure it applies to this situation.  I mean, we are not talking about a regretful, one-night lapse of judgement or a drunken peccadillo, but a several-years deliberate, premedidated and reasoned-out situation.

Yeah, I know.  Applying those Judeo-Christian-Muslim values again.  Some habits die hard.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/20/04 at 7:01 pm

Let's just say that where I come from, having an ongoing romantic relationship with somebody else's spouse makes one a tramp.  I seem to recall reading somewhere about "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife" or "Thou shalt not commit adultery" or "Forsaking the spouse for no other" or some such things.  As I recall these things basically mean that somebody else's spouse is off limits, and anyone other than your spouse is also off limits.

Pretty sure it applies to this situation.  I mean, we are not talking about a regretful, one-night lapse of judgement or a drunken peccadillo, but a several-years deliberate, premedidated and reasoned-out situation.

Yeah, I know.  Applying those Judeo-Christian-Muslim values again.  Some habits die hard.
First sentence was GREAT and it got better from there on :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/20/04 at 7:44 pm

I hope he wins too. But it doesn't make me think any better of him. I just don't want the French to win out because they are sadly misinformed of his "drug use".

Getting back to our regular discussion, Roma Downey had a good marriage to Hoosiers' director David Anspaugh until he had cancer surgery. Then she made it out to believe that he abused her afterward. Now she's living with this married person and doesn't think it's a big deal. But that doesn't make her a hypocrite, does it? ::)

In answering PCG's earlier comment, if Sheryl Crow is not a homewrecker, then at least she is an opportunist (aka chicken hawk). And hypocrisy is in the eye of the beholder. 

Go Lance! :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/20/04 at 10:17 pm

In answering PCG's earlier comment, if Sheryl Crow is not a homewrecker, then at least she is an opportunist (aka chicken hawk). And hypocrisy is in the eye of the beholder. 

I knew a "Chick" like that once :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/20/04 at 11:12 pm

WOW!! "Outside The Lines" on ESPN is telling quite a "Chilling" story of Lance.....he is being portrayed by MANY as a "Mafia" style attitude towards others who claim he threatened people who KNOW he's "Dirty"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/09/05 at 11:01 pm

they seem like an odd couple.....I don't know...kinda mismatched.

Erin :)

Check for new replies or respond here...