inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Southpark

Written By: bj26 on 07/19/04 at 9:34 am

A few threads back, people were talking about the episode with Michael Jackson, I saw it last night and laughed so hard almost had seizures. On Sat. night, I saw the one where the kids saw the R rated movie and started cussing. If the FCC hadn't made such a big deal about language, etc., Southpark wouldn't have blown the lid off it. Anyone see Southpark? Michael Jackson was Mr. Jefferson and his kid was blanket.

Subject: Re: Southpark

Written By: Koop on 07/19/04 at 4:17 pm

I am a huge South Park fan!  I'm amazed, after all of the FCC flack, that they are still able to get away with what they get away with. (including being able to broadcast the South Park movie uncut)  IMO, Matt and Trey have a knack for hitting the nail on the head when it comes to our society. 

Does anyone know if the Cartman Joins NAMBLA episode make it into the top 25?  I missed most of what was shown on Friday night.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 07/19/04 at 11:02 pm

I didn't get to see most of the top 25 countdown.  Is there a website I could go to and see what was in the countdown?

Written By: woops on 07/22/04 at 12:37 am

Maybe the TV Tome or Comedy Central site.

The #1 is the Scott Tennorman episode, which is also one of my personal favorite episodes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/22/04 at 1:00 am

Tonight they replayed the BUTTERS episode.  One of my faves.  Totally perverse and demented!
"Bu-tters, THAT'S ME!"
:D

Written By: Fred on 07/22/04 at 2:15 am

South Park rules.  :D Didn't see that episode though.  :-\\

Written By: Alicia on 07/22/04 at 8:59 pm

I saw that episode, and I think he does join it and gets others to join but then I think the whole cover got blown, but I forget, sowwy :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/24/04 at 5:35 pm

"That's ignorant, no they're ignorant"

Too funny! Southpark is too dang funny!

Written By: Larry on 07/25/04 at 2:33 pm

I have yet been able to sit through more than 2 minutes of "Southpark"

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/25/04 at 2:44 pm

I have yet been able to sit through more than 2 minutes of "Southpark"

Why?

Written By: Koop on 07/25/04 at 3:18 pm

I thought I'd seen every episode of South Park there is until last night.  I somehow managed to miss the Super Best Friends episode, which, of course, was a take off on the Super Friends with Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, the Krishna, the founder of Taoism, Joseph Smith and Sea Man (along with Swallow, his side kick)  They were fighting against "Blaine-ism".  Funny episode, I can't believe I missed it originally.  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/26/04 at 3:11 pm

I thought I'd seen every episode of South Park there is until last night.  I somehow managed to miss the Super Best Friends episode, which, of course, was a take off on the Super Friends with Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, the Krishna, the founder of Taoism, Joseph Smith and Sea Man (along with Swallow, his side kick)  They were fighting against "Blaine-ism".  Funny episode, I can't believe I missed it originally.  ;D

Another recent funny episode (well, kind of) was when they turned into Anime characters and fought each other. Butters got hurt and they took him to an animal hospital to avoid getting in trouble.

Poor sensitive Butters.

Tanya

Written By: bj26 on 07/29/04 at 11:09 am

Another recent funny episode (well, kind of) was when they turned into Anime characters and fought each other. Butters got hurt and they took him to an animal hospital to avoid getting in trouble.

Poor sensitive Butters.

Tanya

Did you see last night's episode starring Butters?  Cartman wanted to go to the Mexican restaurant, so he created this devious plot, quite insane. 

Check for new replies or respond here...