inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with this homework question, please!

Written By: onaree on 07/29/04 at 5:40 pm

My mom is in a marketing class and she is needing a list of products (movies, tv, food, etc,) that have been discontiued and are no longer on the market.  I know that people on this board are very good with "trivia" like this.  Please help.  The problem is, I need this asap!

Thanks!

Subject: Re: Help with this homework question, please!

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/04 at 6:08 pm

OK...

Danish Go Rounds-Made by Kellogg's up until 1976.  They were the sister product to Pop-Tarts.  Basiclly they were tubes of Pop-Tart dough, filled with Pop-Tart filling.  Then wound into an oval shape and slathered with white Pop-Tart frosting.  Came packed 4 to a box.  I could EASILY scarf down a box in one sitting.  Kellogg's claims that the product was discontinued because the product tended to break in transportation.

Written By: onaree on 07/29/04 at 6:17 pm

Thanks!  I'll tell her.

Anyone else got anything?

Written By: Dagwood on 07/29/04 at 6:27 pm

Crystal Pepsi

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/04 at 6:59 pm

Ben & Jerry's Rainforest Crunch.  :\'(

Cat

Written By: Paul on 07/29/04 at 7:18 pm

Movies, you say...?

I haven't heard of a Beach Movie being made in years, surely discontinued...they were extremely popular in late-50s Eisenhower America - the 'innocent' age as some call it...

Plots (if any) usually centered around a, er...beach, and normally starred Frankie Avalon & Annette Funicello (ask your mother. or possibly grandmother...!!)

Written By: Jessica on 07/29/04 at 10:48 pm

New York Seltzer and Fanta Red Creme soda.

Written By: onaree on 07/30/04 at 7:04 am

Thanks guys!  I knew I could count on you all. 

Written By: Mangoo on 07/30/04 at 11:49 am

She could just Google "disontinued products".How about Jello Pudding POPS?

Written By: redhead007 on 07/30/04 at 2:02 pm

I remember Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers ice cream bars from the late 80s-early 90s. And Jetsons and Batman cereals from around that same time. (not together of course.)

And another discontinued product: what about those brownies that had bites already taken out of them? I remember buying those a whole lot during that time. I think they were called Chewy Chewy Chompers or something...... :-\\

Hope I helped a little! :)

Written By: lorac614 on 07/30/04 at 3:15 pm

Marathon Bar

Funny Face Drink Mix

The King from Burger King.  When I was a kid the king was a cartoon character then was replaced by a real person.

How about the characters from McDonalds that aren't used anymore, Mayor McCheese and those Fry Guys that look like mops.

Koogle

Here's a great website...http://www.theimaginaryworld.com/page4.html

Written By: onaree on 07/30/04 at 9:47 pm

Thanks for all the info!  This is really helpful.  I knew I could count on you guys!

Check for new replies or respond here...