inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you don't like about Britney Spears

Written By: Kyle on 07/31/04 at 5:35 pm

I just wondering:  What do you don't like about Britney Spears.  Is it her voice, her music, her overusage of sexual attire, etc.  What do you think?  To me, what ticks me off is her voice.  Some of the song she right do not sound good at all with her voice.  For example, "Everytime (2004)" should be sung by Céline Dion, not her..  :D

Subject: Re: What do you don't like about Britney Spears

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/31/04 at 5:59 pm

EVERYTHING YOU LISTED!!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/31/04 at 6:00 pm

EVERYTHING YOU LISTED!!

There ya go!

Tanya

Written By: Bobby on 07/31/04 at 6:17 pm

The only thing that bothers me about Britney Spears is the tawdry way she presents herself. She has no dignity and looks to do everything she can to get noticed. Her voice is wierd but I can't say I dislike it fully.

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 07/31/04 at 6:18 pm

All of it she's awful

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/31/04 at 6:21 pm

Well...her eyes ARE kinda far apart :o

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/31/04 at 6:24 pm

Also...Britney's recent participation in wrecking a marriage!

Written By: Jessica on 07/31/04 at 6:49 pm

I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I will defend the girl. I don't dislike her, I pity her. All her life she's been in some form of spotlight and I think it's gone to her head. There is nothing about her that I truly loathe. She does what she does because it's the only thing she's ever known. I also don't think her family has helped any. Her mother strikes me as the pushy stage mom type.

As for wrecking a marriage, how did she do that? Kevin Federline was NEVER married to his girlfriend. I blame him more than I blame Britney. She may be rich, beautiful, talented, etc, but she's still a naive little girl when it comes to love and he's just taking advantage of all that. Hopefully she'll wise up to what a louse he is before it's too late. Guys who ditch their girlfriends when they're 8 months pregnant deserve to have their nuts shot off.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/31/04 at 6:57 pm

I'm not much of a fan, but I don't have a problem with her.  She's a huge celebrity all over the World, she & her family will never have to worry about money for the rest of their lives because of her talent.  She's beautiful, she can dance, she is generous when it comes to charities.  She fought hard to get where she is.  So if you've got it - be proud & she certainly isn't afraid to show it.  And as far as being a role model for young girls....well that's just something parents will have to decide for themselves.  I don't blame her for dressing the way she does or being sexual in her videos.  Sex sells, and apparantly ALOT of people are buying into her act.  She knows how to market herself well. ;)

As for wrecking a marriage.....all I have to say it "it takes two to tango".  None of us here know anything about their relationship.  We only know what the media tells us, so maybe we shouldn't be so quick to place blame.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/04 at 6:59 pm

What I don't like about Britney is...

That she wasn't married to ME for 55 hours.

;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/31/04 at 8:24 pm

I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I will defend the girl. I don't dislike her, I pity her. All her life she's been in some form of spotlight and I think it's gone to her head. There is nothing about her that I truly loathe. She does what she does because it's the only thing she's ever known. I also don't think her family has helped any. Her mother strikes me as the pushy stage mom type.

As for wrecking a marriage, how did she do that? Kevin Federline was NEVER married to his girlfriend. I blame him more than I blame Britney. She may be rich, beautiful, talented, etc, but she's still a naive little girl when it comes to love and he's just taking advantage of all that. Hopefully she'll wise up to what a louse he is before it's too late. Guys who ditch their girlfriends when they're 8 months pregnant deserve to have their nuts shot off.
;D LOVE that last part....I would cite Billy CRUDup as another example of a scum....even though he brilliantly portrayed my idol, Steve Prefontaine, in the 1998 movie "Without Limits" I hear he left his pregnant girlfriend for Claire Danes.....anyway, I agree with you about Britney also....and I think her mom is a b*tch also >:(

Written By: woops on 08/01/04 at 10:08 pm

Britney who?  ::)

I have nothing against Brittany Murphy since I liked "Don't Say A Word".  8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/02/04 at 12:08 am

HA!

Look at it this way. When you are low on talent, it's takes other means of pushing yourself to get noticed.

Tanya

Written By: Dagwood on 08/02/04 at 7:31 am

I thought she was great in Clueless, too.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 08/02/04 at 10:18 am

she's the anti-sputnik...everything she stands for, i'm against.

Check for new replies or respond here...