inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what Generation were u born in??

Written By: CBH1989er on 08/04/04 at 1:10 am

Just curious  lol  :D

Subject: Re: what Generation were u born in??

Written By: CBH1989er on 08/04/04 at 1:12 am

Im in Generation Y, born in 1989.  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/04/04 at 1:13 am

X('69)

Written By: jaytee on 08/04/04 at 1:53 am

Baby Boomer  :)

Written By: Bobo on 08/04/04 at 1:55 am

I was born in Generation Y. Not to mention, Generation "What?!", Generation "Huh?!" and Generation "Get me out of this spate of mediocre music".

Written By: karen on 08/04/04 at 6:26 am

I was born in Generation Y. Not to mention, Generation "What?!", Generation "Huh?!" and Generation "Get me out of this spate of mediocre music".

lol Bobo!

Written By: karen on 08/04/04 at 6:27 am

Generation X (who I thought did some pretty good music!)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/04/04 at 7:20 am

I guess I am considered X (1971) although I don't like that title.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/04/04 at 9:17 am

<in low, sultry, whispery tone à la Warren Cann narrating "Mr. X"> Generation X...;)

I was born in 1972. (Oh, and the group Generation X did do some good songs, yes.) :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: sputnikcorp on 08/04/04 at 10:40 am

generation x. should i be proud?

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/04/04 at 11:13 am

generation x. should i be proud?

I'd say so! You're old enough to remember the 80's and young enough to appreciate them! ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: nally on 08/04/04 at 11:54 am

I was born in 1980, which falls in the "Generation X" range.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/04/04 at 12:23 pm

Generation X stops at 1977. If you were in high school by 1991, that's the cutoff. After that is Generation Y.

I was born in 1976. So, I'm an Xer.

Tanya

Written By: sputnikcorp on 08/04/04 at 1:38 pm

I'd say so! You're old enough to remember the 80's and young enough to appreciate them! ;)

Absolutely Vile

:)

Written By: Marian on 08/04/04 at 2:21 pm

:-\\I know how you feel.I was born in 1965,which puts me at generation X,but i feel more like a Boomer,so I'm kind of like the lost generation.Cheers!

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 08/04/04 at 3:35 pm

(1964-1981)

Written By: gemini61 on 08/04/04 at 5:15 pm

Baby Boomer (1961)  :)

Written By: Koop on 08/04/04 at 5:22 pm

Gen X (1968)

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/04 at 7:25 pm

Generation X (1979)

Written By: Howard on 08/04/04 at 8:58 pm

Generation X (1974)

Howard

Written By: CBH1989er on 08/05/04 at 12:11 am

"The Baby Boom identified a period of increased birth rate in certain countries after the end of WWII (1945) but before the end of 1964. " This is one of many web sites that states the years the Baby boom generation starts and ends..

(Gen X )  "The generation was traditionally begun at 1965, taking off from the birth-rate-based Baby Boom span of 1946-1964, but since many notable people who are normally thought of as clearly Gen-X, such as Courtney Love, Janeane Garofalo and Eddie Vedder, were born in 1964, this year is often preferred as the beginning of Generation X. In their book Generations William Strauss and Neil Howe called this generation the "13th Generation" because the tag, like this generation, is a little Halloweenish, and it is the thirteenth to know the flag of the United States (counting back to the peers of Benjamin Franklin) and set its birth years at 1961 to 1981"

This is wear i get my info from studying this is my hobby. so plz trust me when i state what year belongs to what Generation. Theres the site. .... http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Generation-X    ;)  :D

Written By: ragebass on 08/05/04 at 12:47 am

Gen X (1967) - the by-product of flower childern

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/04 at 9:52 am

GEN X (1969)

Actually, the previous generation was called the "Baby Boom."  Before it was dubbed GEN X, my generation was known as the corollary to the "Baby Boom," the "Baby Bust."  If the Baby Boom generation can call themselves "Boomers," can my generation call ourselves "Busters"?
;D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/04 at 10:01 am

Boomer and looks like I'm the Matriarch-1951.  That also means I got to see Hendrix, Doors, Beatles
Who(with Keith Moon), Stones(with Brian Jones), Allman Bros(with Duane)  Muddy Waters, Roland Kirk(before he was Rahsaan, and  alot more all in places the size of you local movie theater(except
the Beatles who were too big for that before they got here.  I can remember JFK, RFK, MLK, Malcolm X, all
being assassinated, looking in the newspaper for a job under the heading "Help wanted Female" .  I remember when a woman needed permission from her husband to get birth control,  it was against the
law to discuss birth control with unmarried women.

Written By: Joelle on 08/05/04 at 12:19 pm

Generation Y.

Written By: Lanie on 08/05/04 at 1:53 pm

Generation X

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/05/04 at 3:36 pm

I'm a baby boomer-actually the baby of the baby boomers.  ;)

Hey, Danoota, You may be the matriarch but Don Carlos is the patriarch. He has a few years on you.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/05/04 at 4:41 pm

Late Baby Boomer-1960. I was born on January 18th,and Eisenhower was still in the White House,Kennedy came into the Oval Office in 1961.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/04 at 5:18 pm

I'm a baby boomer-actually the baby of the baby boomers.  ;)

Hey, Danoota, You may be the matriarch but Don Carlos is the patriarch. He has a few years on you.  ;)

Cat

Thank god, I'm not shy about my age, but I must admit I have this thing about not wanting to be
the oldest.  It is nice knowing that there is someone who is looking at what is going on with a
parallel historical perspective. ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/06/04 at 12:52 am

"The Baby Boom identified a period of increased birth rate in certain countries after the end of WWII (1945) but before the end of 1964. " This is one of many web sites that states the years the Baby boom generation starts and ends..

(Gen X )  "The generation was traditionally begun at 1965, taking off from the birth-rate-based Baby Boom span of 1946-1964, but since many notable people who are normally thought of as clearly Gen-X, such as Courtney Love, Janeane Garofalo and Eddie Vedder, were born in 1964, this year is often preferred as the beginning of Generation X. In their book Generations William Strauss and Neil Howe called this generation the "13th Generation" because the tag, like this generation, is a little Halloweenish, and it is the thirteenth to know the flag of the United States (counting back to the peers of Benjamin Franklin) and set its birth years at 1961 to 1981"

This is wear i get my info from studying this is my hobby. so plz trust me when i state what year belongs to what Generation. Theres the site. .... http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Generation-X    ;)  :D

I have also read a lot on this issue and let me say that this a huge debate over this. But, I trust in your research you already know that. The term came out around the time the movie Reality Bites came out. I sincerely doubt that 11 - 13 year olds you can't recall the Reagan years could be considered slackers.

Tanya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/04 at 3:14 am

Boomer and looks like I'm the Matriarch-1951.  That also means I got to see Hendrix, Doors, Beatles
Who(with Keith Moon), Stones(with Brian Jones), Allman Bros(with Duane)  Muddy Waters, Roland Kirk(before he was Rahsaan, and  alot more all in places the size of you local movie theater(except
the Beatles who were too big for that before they got here.  I can remember JFK, RFK, MLK, Malcolm X, all
being assassinated, looking in the newspaper for a job under the heading "Help wanted Female" .  I remember when a woman needed permission from her husband to get birth control,  it was against the
law to discuss birth control with unmarried women.

Wow!  You got to see a lot of great stuff.  I'm jealous!  A GEN-X comedian once said, "Our parents got Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll,  we got Aids, Crack, and Madonna!"
:(
Help Wanted Female--that's a little before my time.  Hard to believe there was a time where you could seriously count on FINDING a job via the newspaper help-wanteds.  Any metropolitan job seeker knows there's about 100 applications for each one of those positions.  If you check on the form that you were referred by the newspaper, they won't call you because they don't want somebody so desperate and crazy working for them!
:D
About birth control, are you familiar with the precedent-setting case,
Griswold vs. Connecticut ?

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/griswold.html

...and they were giving contraception info to married people!  Sheesh!

Written By: mandamoo on 08/06/04 at 5:59 am

I just scraped in as a Generation Xer - 1964  :)

Written By: Jeet D on 08/06/04 at 6:23 am

:-\\I know how you feel.I was born in 1965,which puts me at generation X,but i feel more like a Boomer,so I'm kind of like the lost generation.Cheers!

Generational labels are messed up.  So don't put too much stock in them.  A traditonal "baby boomer" is someone old enough to remember the 1960s in detail and probably even serve in the Vietnam War.  Sure a 15 year old kid will call you a Boomer because you are 39 and kid will think "Baby Boomer" means any grown up they think is "old".  And on the other end, what will a 15 year old born in 1989 have in common with an baby born in 2003?

Written By: karen on 08/06/04 at 9:06 am

And on the other end, what will a 15 year old born in 1989 have in common with an baby born in 2003?

Well my nephew (born 1989) and my son (born 2002) have the same sense of humour.  :D  And the same table manners  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/06/04 at 10:25 am

Wow!  You got to see a lot of great stuff.  I'm jealous!  A GEN-X comedian once said, "Our parents got Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll,  we got Aids, Crack, and Madonna!"
:(
Help Wanted Female--that's a little before my time.  Hard to believe there was a time where you could seriously count on FINDING a job via the newspaper help-wanteds.  Any metropolitan job seeker knows there's about 100 applications for each one of those positions.  If you check on the form that you were referred by the newspaper, they won't call you because they don't want somebody so desperate and crazy working for them!
:D
About birth control, are you familiar with the precedent-setting case,
Griswold vs. Connecticut ?

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/griswold.html

...and they were giving contraception info to married people!  Sheesh!

There's lot more, insurance companies denied health insurance benefits to unmarried pregnant women, and don't get me started on voting rights in the south.  So I've got to see stuff, but so has every
generation, what gets passed on is the important part.

Of course I look good for my age and that helps. ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/06/04 at 5:52 pm

Not to mention that many gen x'ers have children who are also gen x'ers ??? (same for gen y, etc.)  To me, generations are divided by grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren, etc.

That's a good point!

Tanya

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/04 at 6:27 pm

Not to mention that many gen x'ers have children who are also gen x'ers ??? (same for gen y, etc.)  To me, generations are divided by grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren, etc.

I have argued with Don Carlos about the fact that I am indeed a baby boomer. He thought the boomers ended before I was born. When I told him that all my siblings are boomers-doesn't that make me one too? He couldn't argue with that. So yeah, I won an argument with Don Carlos.  ;D ;D ;D (It does happen from time to time.  ;))

The funny thing is, he is at the beginning of the boomers and I am at the end. But, we still do have A LOT in common.  :)

Cat

Written By: Layce on 08/06/04 at 10:11 pm

No Silent generation ones around   :-\\    

Written By: PhiKapDave on 08/06/04 at 10:23 pm

"X"...1971.

Written By: Jennifer2776 on 08/07/04 at 2:16 am

" X"(1976)

Written By: bbigd04 on 08/08/04 at 6:52 pm

Well my nephew (born 1989) and my son (born 2002) have the same sense of humour.  :D  And the same table manners  ::)

you could also say what would a 59 yr old born in 1945 have in common with an 81 yr old born in 1923.

Written By: CBH1989er on 08/09/04 at 1:36 am

This is one thing that I really hate. Being treated Diffrently because of my age  :\'(  :P . Look, what does a person Born in 1946 and 1964 have in common. Almost nothing! Of course they are diffrent because u compare the begining of an Generation to the end. So of course ppl born in 1989 (7 years from the begining of the generation) are diffrent from 2003. I belive that there are 2 parts to a generation The early part of a Gen. (Gen. "Y"1982-1992) and a Later part of a generation (Later Gen. "Y" 1993-2003). Each part of the generation is basicly alike yet they are both slightly diffrent.BTW just because i am 15 doesnt mean that I think everyone over 39 or whatever is old (i think everyone over 25 is old jk lol ) In my books u have to be about 70 to be "old" . I get my info from various web sites. So dont judge me and the way i think because of being born in 1989.  >:( Age isnt nothing but a number.  ;)  :D

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/09/04 at 2:03 am

Generation X

Written By: Kyle on 08/09/04 at 10:11 am

I was born in 1991, so I am just smack dab in the middle of Generation Y.  My girlfriend, Heather, is also born in Generation Y.  :-*

Written By: danootaandme on 08/10/04 at 6:26 am

This is one thing that I really hate. Being treated Diffrently because of my age  :\'(  :P . Look, what does a person Born in 1946 and 1964 have in common.

The Rolling Stones

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/04 at 12:39 pm

Look, what does a person Born in 1946 and 1964 have in common. Almost nothing!

This is deffinately NOT true. My husband was born in 1946 and I was born in 1963 (I know, telling my age again.  :-
Age isnt nothing but a number.  ;)  :D

This is VERY true.

The Rolling Stones

Actually, it is the Beatles.  ;)

Cat

Written By: NullandVoid on 08/10/04 at 2:17 pm

X (1979) Didn't disco die that same year?

Written By: Marian on 08/10/04 at 2:32 pm

X (1979) Didn't disco die that same year?
:o :oofficially it did,but unofficially it lives on as trance.Cheers! :-X

Written By: danootaandme on 08/11/04 at 6:30 am

Actually, it is the Beatles.  ;)

Cat

Just in the spirit of the nitpik.  The Beatles were my favorite, but younger boomers weren't around for the initial onslaught of Beatlemania.  By the time they were actually listening on their own, the Beats had disbanded
but the Stones were still rocking away, giving the Stones a broader base among the younger ones.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/04 at 11:22 am

Just in the spirit of the nitpik.  The Beatles were my favorite, but younger boomers weren't around for the initial onslaught of Beatlemania.  By the time they were actually listening on their own, the Beats had disbanded
but the Stones were still rocking away, giving the Stones a broader base among the younger ones.

Point taken but this "young" baby boomer will take the Beatles over the Stones anyday. (I think Carlos will agree with me on that)

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 08/11/04 at 6:09 pm

Point taken but this "young" baby boomer will take the Beatles over the Stones anyday. (I think Carlos will agree with me on that)

Cat

And I'm with you two on that.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/10/06 at 4:08 pm

According to the age range here which is pretty standard, 76Xr. During my research in generational studies I've found myself labled Gen X, Gen Y, Baby Buster, Echo Boomer, Generation Me, Puppy,Boomlet, plus a 1000 other titles.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/10/06 at 4:10 pm

1990 - Gen Y

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 4:18 pm

1988 - Generation Y/Echo Boomer

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/10/06 at 5:15 pm

Generation X (1976)

Written By: whistledog on 04/10/06 at 5:26 pm

Gen X (1977)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/10/06 at 6:13 pm

I consider myself to be a Gen X'er even though I was born in 1982.  I feel I have more in common with people in that group than people who were born after me.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/10/06 at 7:20 pm

Gen Y(1987)

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/10/06 at 8:24 pm

I was born in generation Y (1990). my dad says that my generation totally got ripped off. he mostly means music wise though. i guess i agree when it comes to like britney spears or the backstreet boys (no offese if u like them), but we're the future right? i know that might scare some poeple at times ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/10/06 at 9:23 pm

Early Gen Y (1986)

Written By: rich1981 on 04/11/06 at 1:38 am

Borderline Generation X (July 1981), on the verge of Y.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/11/06 at 3:14 am

I don't agree with generations.

But if you must: Generation Y.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/11/06 at 4:39 pm

[quote author=

Subject: what Generation were u born in??

Written By: Dude111 on 03/07/18 at 9:04 pm

Gen X

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/08/18 at 11:41 pm

According to this, Gen Y. According to more conservative cutoffs, Gen Z.

Written By: Howard on 03/09/18 at 7:19 am

Generation X

Written By: ofkx on 03/09/18 at 4:15 pm

gen y apparently.

Written By: Wobo on 03/09/18 at 4:19 pm

Gen Z I think

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/09/18 at 7:08 pm

Late Boomer (born early 1960)

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/09/18 at 7:38 pm

Dude111, please stop necromancing old threads.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/09/18 at 7:53 pm

After doing plenty of research on the generations and coming across many sources with different and similar definitions, this is the agreement that most sources have gone by (and according to my research):

4.5 Billion BC - November 30th, 1997 borns: Millennials
December 1st, 1997 - December 31st, 1997: Jealous generation
September 1st, 2001 - December 31st, 2001 borns: Sexy Generation
January 1st, 2002 - January 31st, 2002 borns: Are you serious or not generation
February 1st, 2002 - February 28th, 2002: Sexy Generation
March 1st, 2002 - March 31st, 2002: Why are you so cute generation
April 1st, 2002 - August 31st, 2002: Sexy Generation
September 1st, 2002 - present: Core Z

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/09/18 at 8:14 pm

So people born from 1998 to August 2001 don't have a generation?

Yes, they do. I apologize for any mistakes. I'll update it.

4.5 Billion BC - November 30th, 1997 borns: Millennials
December 1st, 1997 - December 31st, 1997: Jealous generation
January 1st, 1998 - August 31st, 2001: Millennials
September 1st, 2001 - December 31st, 2001 borns: Sexy Generation
January 1st, 2002 - January 31st, 2002 borns: Are you serious or not generation
February 1st, 2002 - February 28th, 2002: Sexy Generation
March 1st, 2002 - March 31st, 2002: Why are you so cute generation
April 1st, 2002 - August 31st, 2002: Sexy Generation
September 1st, 2002 - present: Core Z

F#ck off! >:(

Tell the sources that I've read not me. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...