inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mary Kay LaTourneau Released From Prison

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/04/04 at 6:47 pm

OK, Mary Kay LaTourneau has been released from prison.  The story was weird enough as it was, but it seems that both Mary Kay and her love, "Villy" still have the hots for each other.

So I thought I would start a poll.  Choose which option you think best fits "how this will turn out".

Some background for the unfamiliar:

In 1997, Mary Kay was a 34-year-old schoolteacher who was sent to jail for mothering a baby by her 12-year-old student, Villy.  She was let out of jail back then for good behaviour, but on her third day out, she was caught in the back seat of a van with Villy.  Got pregnant again, then sent to serve out the rest of her 7-year sentence.

Villy is now a 21-year-old who dropped out of high school and has no job.  His Mum has custody of his two kids.  For now, there is still a lifetime "No contact order" that prevents Mary Kay from meeting Villy.  Villy has asked to have the order lifted.

Subject: Re: Mary Kay LaTourneau Released From Prison

Written By: Dagwood on 08/04/04 at 7:40 pm

No Contact Order Stands.  I would hope he got some sense.

Written By: AL-B on 08/04/04 at 8:13 pm

They will probably hook up and sneak out of the country to get hitched, and they'll start out happy. Once Villi turns 25, however, Mary Kay will get bored with him and then one day, a Cub Scout will show up at their door trying to sell raffle tickets or something and she'll dump Villi and run off with the Cub Scout.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/04 at 9:57 am

They shack up together, but Villi starts picking up chicks at raves because he's a greaseball.  Mary Kay gets hooked on prescription drugs and participates in trysts with Villi and his little raver chickies because she's got no sense of self and doesn't know what's going on half the time.
DSS takes custody of the kids.

It's not a happy ending, but anyone expecting one from those two Merrie Melodies ought to have his head examined!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/04 at 9:59 am

They meet and she realizes he is much too old for her.

Written By: Joelle on 08/05/04 at 12:21 pm

Strange...there was a TV movie on about her just the other day.  :o

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/05/04 at 12:36 pm

I don't know if I can top DanootaAnd Me's comment, but They'll probably meet one more time, have sex again, (Mary Kay gets pregnant again), then say goodbye forever without marriage.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/05/04 at 1:38 pm

So I guess he's still hot for teacher.

Written By: Marian on 08/05/04 at 2:48 pm

No Contact Order Stands.  I would hope he got some sense.
:oI kind of doubt that.It seems he really wants to be with her.I read about some sort of lawsuit going about letting mary kay seduce him at school,but i think it's mainly because his mom wants money.He wasn't an ordinary 13-year old when he was seduced.His dad,and maybe his mom too,wrere alchoholic and abusive,and he didn't really get to live like an average kid;he kind of had to grow up.quickly.Obvio,usly he wasn't mature enough to keep his pants on,but he probably woukldn't have been seduced if he could have been more like a kid at home--i don't think he would have been interested.Cheers!

Written By: Powerslave on 08/05/04 at 3:05 pm

She is now 43 years old. Even if they do marry now, I just can't see a guy in his 20s staying with a woman in her 40s for very long.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/04 at 5:09 pm

She is now 43 years old. Even if they do marry now, I just can't see a guy in his 20s staying with a woman in her 40s for very long.

Careful now Powerslave.  As a woman "of a certain age" I have seen many women in
their 20s with men in their 40s and no one blinks an eye. I personally don't see the attraction
of someone who just lost all his baby teeth, but there are some that do and
some that don't.. Of course, she ain't no Tina Turner ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/04 at 5:58 pm

True, true.  ???

But not that long ago I bet you couldn't see a sixth grader fathering two children to his 34-year-old teacher either.

:D ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/04 at 6:00 pm

I don't know if I can top DanootaAnd Me's comment, but They'll probably meet one more time, have sex again, (Mary Kay gets pregnant again), then say goodbye forever without marriage.

Mary told the local TV station that if Villy wanted to marry her, she would want to have more kids with him.  Talk about a "Fertile Myrtle".  :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/05/04 at 8:57 pm

Married then divorced within 2 years ::)

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 08/06/04 at 6:44 am

I think Mary Kay and Villy will become lovers again and have another kid.  Villy grew up into a greasy, disgusting looking thug.  Villy just looks like a 20 year old dude that probably already fathered 2 or 3 kids.

It is interesting that people have always been more creeped out by Mary Kay LaTourneau and the Villy kid, compared to the recent Debroah Lafveua (sp?) and her 13 year old lover.  With Debroah Lafveau, people cheer that kid on because she is a smokin' hot blonde, and recall their own "hot for teacher/older woman" fantasies when they were growing up.  The Mary Kay story is just as whacked out, but it is treated as more Ted Bundy type material. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/04 at 12:23 pm

I think Mary Kay and Villy will become lovers again and have another kid.  Villy grew up into a greasy, disgusting looking thug.  Villy just looks like a 20 year old dude that probably already fathered 2 or 3 kids.

Actually he is a 21-year-old who has fathered 2 kids.  Although that is not all that unusual.

What's unusual is that he could have made the same claim 7 years ago.  :P

How would you like to be his first daughter when she reaches the age of 21, who has a 33-year-old daddy?  Yowsa.  ::)

Written By: Marian on 08/06/04 at 2:06 pm

These 2 are so whacked out in the head, I voted for get married and live happily ever after...well, maybe not totally happy, but I hate to think there are 2 other people out there stupid enough to WANT either of them ;) :P
??? ::)Good point1Cheers!

Written By: fyrebaby on 08/08/04 at 6:11 pm

I think Villi will get the order lifted and they will get back together. I think they will stay together and live happily ever after. If he still wants her after all this time has passed I don't understand why there is still a no contact order. He is old enough now to decide what he wants. I think everyone should give Mary a break. Granted he was a lot younger and it was wrong but haven't any of you ever loved someone you probably shouldn't (a friends boyfriend, an older man, someone your parents said you couldn't see, etc.). I'd like to think there is someone out there for everyone who you just can't live without, or what I like to call 'movie love'. The kind of stuff you only see in the movies but always secretly wish you could find someone to make you feel like that to and if Mary and Villi have that, let them. Why take that away??

Written By: Dagwood on 08/08/04 at 7:23 pm

I think Villi will get the order lifted and they will get back together. I think they will stay together and live happily ever after. If he still wants her after all this time has passed I don't understand why there is still a no contact order. He is old enough now to decide what he wants. I think everyone should give Mary a break. Granted he was a lot younger and it was wrong but haven't any of you ever loved someone you probably shouldn't (a friends boyfriend, an older man, someone your parents said you couldn't see, etc.). I'd like to think there is someone out there for everyone who you just can't live without, or what I like to call 'movie love'. The kind of stuff you only see in the movies but always secretly wish you could find someone to make you feel like that to and if Mary and Villi have that, let them. Why take that away??

Well, maybe because he was 12, she was his teacher and old enough to be his mother.  She broke a major law, there.  She is a pedophile.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/04 at 1:12 am

True, true.  ???

But not that long ago I bet you couldn't see a sixth grader fathering two children to his 34-year-old teacher either.

:D ;D

Imagine being 20 and having your father be 33!
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/10/04 at 6:08 am

Imagine being 20 and having your father be 33!
::)

Loretta Lynn- mother at 13, grand at 26, great grand at 39, I'm not sure where she stands now

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/04 at 8:02 am

Loretta Lynn- mother at 13, grand at 26, great grand at 39, I'm not sure where she stands now

Man, she sounds like she should be one of the people in the Old Testament or something.  Measure her height in cubits.  :P

Written By: Tweety on 08/10/04 at 9:40 am

I think it was wrong what happened between Mary Kay and Vill...... Mary Kay should have know better being an adult but some people say age dosen't matter!!!!!!! I say if they really love each other after 7 years let them be together.... :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/04 at 12:09 pm

As Dr. Drew Pinsky pointed out, I hope it will be OK with Villi and Mary Kay when their 12 year-old daughter elopes with a 34 year old!
:-*

Written By: Shannon on 06/09/08 at 2:33 pm

i really think...and hope they work out...from the movie they really seemed like they were young...when it comes to love...age is nothing but a number..now i could see if he was like 9 but most guys now at days grow up faster..14 year old seem older and more mature than most 20 year old guys..they treat woman better plus they have 2 kids together...
she was not a rapist...he wanted it..he begged her..they loved eachother..it was only rape if he said no..which he didnt..

OK, Mary Kay LaTourneau has been released from prison.  The story was weird enough as it was, but it seems that both Mary Kay and her love, "Villy" still have the hots for each other.

So I thought I would start a poll.  Choose which option you think best fits "how this will turn out".

Some background for the unfamiliar:

In 1997, Mary Kay was a 34-year-old schoolteacher who was sent to jail for mothering a baby by her 12-year-old student, Villy.  She was let out of jail back then for good behaviour, but on her third day out, she was caught in the back seat of a van with Villy.  Got pregnant again, then sent to serve out the rest of her 7-year sentence.

Villy is now a 21-year-old who dropped out of high school and has no job.  His Mum has custody of his two kids.  For now, there is still a lifetime "No contact order" that prevents Mary Kay from meeting Villy.  Villy has asked to have the order lifted.

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 06/09/08 at 4:06 pm

If they did get married, they should have played "Hot For Teacher" at the wedding.

Written By: Marian on 06/09/08 at 4:07 pm

Man, she sounds like she should be one of the people in the Old Testament or something.  Measure her height in cubits.   :P
isnt she in her 70s?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/08 at 1:05 am

isnt she in her 70s?

Villi's aroused.  OK, I'll LaTourneau!"

Ohhh....rimshot:
Ba-da-boom, ba-da-bing!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/12/08 at 11:32 am

Last I heard..Villi is attempting to be a tattoo artist.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/08 at 7:43 pm

Last I heard..Villi is attempting to be a tattoo artist.

And then it's off to Haiti.
No, Tahiti, not Haiti.
I knew that.
(OK, stole that from "Ruthless People.")
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...