inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Six people murdered over a stolen X-Box

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/08/04 at 4:34 pm

Holy Cow.  :-\\

Those six people in Florida were murdered because a 27-year-old was upset that his girlfriend allegedly stole his X-Box.  So he hired 3 18-year-old thugs to help him murder 6 people with baseball bats.  :\'(

I'm glad this happened in Florida.  The death penalty is one of their favorite things down there.  >:(

Subject: Re: Six people murdered over a stolen X-Box

Written By: Bobby on 08/08/04 at 4:48 pm

Heh?

I don't understand that kind of behaviour. I hope they put him away.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/08/04 at 4:59 pm

An X-Box?  That is ridiculous.  I hope he rots in prison for that one.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/04 at 5:03 pm

SICKO....I wish they'd let me at him for a few minutes >:(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/08/04 at 6:54 pm

I say FRY the murderers!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/08/04 at 7:51 pm

Lyric Boy is right, Florida besides for maybe Texas loves the death penalty.  And this 4 people deserve it, may they fry!  God bless America!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/08/04 at 7:53 pm

murder 6 people

And a dog....

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/08/04 at 8:54 pm

Obviously this guy has never been taught any morals!! Sicko sociopathic bastard!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/04 at 4:29 am

Holy Cow.  :-\\

Those six people in Florida were murdered because a 27-year-old was upset that his girlfriend allegedly stole his X-Box.  So he hired 3 18-year-old thugs to help him murder 6 people with baseball bats.  :\'(

I'm glad this happened in Florida.  The death penalty is one of their favorite things down there.  >:(

I don't know a thing about the situation, but I'll wager the XBox was a catalystnot sick?  See what I mean? 
If they stole the guy's XBox AND his car AND his lfe savings AND his dog AND his high school trophies, would the judge then say, "That's OK, son, I'da done the same thing myself"?
Why would we expect a man sociopathic enough to commit such grisly murder-for-hire to have a high threshold for doing so?
For me it's not the extant reason for this crime that disturbs me, it's the fact that we have people willing to commit this crime that is so horrifying.
:o

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/04 at 8:02 am

I don't know a thing about the situation, but I'll wager the XBox was a catalystnot
sick?  See what I mean? 
If they stole the guy's XBox AND his car AND his lfe savings AND his dog AND his high school trophies, would the judge then say, "That's OK, son, I'da done the same thing myself"?
Why would we expect a man sociopathic enough to commit such grisly murder-for-hire to have a high threshold for doing so?
For me it's not the extant reason for this crime that disturbs me, it's the fact that we have people willing to commit this crime that is so horrifying.

Well, if it had turned out (obviously this was not the case) that the occupants of the house were a bunch of guys who gang-raped somebody's 13-year-old sister, any number of people would not have a big problem with them being swatted.  I can think of a number of scenarios that would not upset alot of people.

And this was not a crime of "passion" either.

It was simply an execution because a 27-year-old who was squatting on one of the victims' property, was upset because his X-box was taken when he was evicted from the property he was squatting on.

That guy (and his buddies) are defective units.  And they have confessed the whole thing already.  So they will be getting the death penalty down in Florida.  Too bad the State can not use a baseball bat to do the job.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/09/04 at 2:42 pm

You kind of wish they would, lethal injections seem like such a nice way to die compared to having your skull bashed in with a baseball bat to the point where dental records cannot identify the body.  I wish we would kill our cold-blooded murders the same way they kill their victims, so they know what they went through.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/09/04 at 5:26 pm

Well, if it had turned out (obviously this was not the case) that the occupants of the house were a bunch of guys who gang-raped somebody's 13-year-old sister, any number of people would not have a big problem with them being swatted. I can think of a number of scenarios that would not upset alot of people.

It was simply an execution because a 27-year-old who was squatting on one of the victims' property, was upset because his X-box was taken when he was evicted from the property he was squatting on.

That guy (and his buddies) are defective units. And they have confessed the whole thing already. So they will be getting the death penalty down in Florida. Too bad the State can not use a baseball bat to do the job.
I often wonder why sickos like this guy and his nutjob accomplices tend to slip through the cracks when their devious behavior begins showing up.....many of these people were sociopaths in childhood....

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/09/04 at 5:30 pm

I don't know a thing about the situation, but I'll wager the XBox was a catalystnot
sick? See what I mean?
Obviously some people have more love for their possesions than other human beings. Another sign that the modern world is becoming GREED,INC!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/04 at 5:43 pm

I often wonder why sickos like this guy and his nutjob accomplices tend to slip through the cracks when their devious behavior begins showing up.....many of these people were sociopaths in childhood....

The ringleader spent 11 of the past 15 years in jail for various crimes.

Written By: philbo on 08/09/04 at 6:23 pm

You kind of wish they would, lethal injections seem like such a nice way to die compared to having your skull bashed in with a baseball bat to the point where dental records cannot identify the body. I wish we would kill our cold-blooded murders the same way they kill their victims, so they know what they went through.

Don't you think that would make society every bit as sick as the people committing the crime?

Sounds to me like an argument for a better prison system - but I think that's a subject for a separate thread.  But not right now.. it's bedtime...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/04 at 8:38 pm

Well, if it had turned out (obviously this was not the case) that the occupants of the house were a bunch of guys who gang-raped somebody's 13-year-old sister, any number of people would not have a big problem with them being swatted.  I can think of a number of scenarios that would not upset alot of people.

Yes, and that's how justice used to be meted out.  A lot of innocent people were lynched via vigilante justice.  Often times the victim, intending to identify her assailant, points out the wrong party.  That's why we have a justice system and do not allow our citizens to take the law into their own hands.  I think bludgeoning to death via murder-for-hire is sick under any circumstances.

That guy (and his buddies) are defective units.  And they have confessed the whole thing already.  So they will be getting the death penalty down in Florida.  Too bad the State can not use a baseball bat to do the job.

Yes, apparently it was murder-for-hire over a...a TOY
Unfortunately, beating the the beaters to death with baseball bats won't make society one iota better.  I don't think more violence is the answer, but maybe that's 'coz I'm a liberal pussball!
;)

Written By: NullandVoid on 08/10/04 at 2:38 pm

Dear lord I clicked on to this thread thinkin it was a joke! What can I say that has not already been said. Though I am not exactly a supporter of the death penalty, i think any one who is sick enough to murder people over a FRIGGIN GAME CONSOLE deserves to get it. The killers should be hung with the cords from the control pads or just bludgeoned with an XBOX.

Written By: Bobby on 08/10/04 at 5:06 pm

Dear lord I clicked on to this thread thinkin it was a joke! What can I say that has not already been said. Though I am not exactly a supporter of the death penalty, i think any one who is sick enough to murder people over a FRIGGIN GAME CONSOLE deserves to get it. The killers should be hung with the cords from the control pads or just bludgeoned with an XBOX.

Ho ho! That would be ironic.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/04 at 5:08 pm

I generally don't like those Three Strikes laws, but in this case it could have saved lives.

Check for new replies or respond here...