inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Owner of "Bob's Country Bunker" Passes Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/04 at 8:40 am

I just saw on IMDb.com that veteran actor Jeff Morris passed away on July 12.  :\'(  He was 68.

I did not see any news stories or hear about it anywhere on TV.  ???

Jeff will be best remembered for his role in The Blues brothers.  He played the role of Bob, who owned "Bob's Country Bunker".  8)

RIP, Bob.  ;)  Your acting was comedic!  We sure did appreciate it!

Subject: Re: Owner of "Bob's Country Bunker" Passes Away

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/04 at 1:38 am

I just saw on IMDb.com that veteran actor Jeff Morris passed away on July 12.  :\'(  He was 68.

I did not see any news stories or hear about it anywhere on TV.  ???

Jeff will be best remembered for his role in The Blues brothers.  He played the role of Bob, who owned "Bob's Country Bunker".  8)

RIP, Bob.  ;)  Your acting was comedic!  We sure did appreciate it!

"$200, plus you guys drank $300 worth of beer."
"Well, the waitress didn't charge us for the first round, so we kinda thought it was free for the band..."
"No, it ain't like that..."

According to IMDB, he died on July 12, but I didn't hear about it either.
:\'(

Subject: Re: Owner of "Bob's Country Bunker" Passes Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/04 at 8:08 am

"$200, plus you guys drank $300 worth of beer."
"Well, the waitress didn't charge us for the first round, so we kinda thought it was free for the band..."
"No, it ain't like that..."

According to IMDB, he died on July 12, but I didn't hear about it either.
:\'(

Heh heh...

That bit about "the waitress didn;t charge us for the first round" brings back memories of a guy I had to fire about 10 years ago.

I hired a guy with fantastic credentials, but he turned out to be a complete loser.  Come in late, leave early, got nothing done.  I pulled his phone records and...I kid you not... he had avereged one personal phone call for every 15 minutes on the job for a 10 week period.  Incredible.

Anyway, when I confronted him with his imminent termination, he said "Well, on my first day here, Mike said it was OK to make personal phone calls."  I said "Naw, naw, naw... It don't work that way."

Later in the day the personnel manager came over to my office to close out the guy's files and I was laughing my tail off.  She said "What's so funny"?  I told her that I felt like the guy at "Bob's Country Bunker".

:P

ps:  When I was working that job, I lived about a quarter-mile down the road from a country/biker bar that, in fact, had a stage that was behind a wall of chicken wire, just like Bob's.  Rough place, I only went there once.

Check for new replies or respond here...