inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tropical Storm 'Bonnie' and Hurricane 'Charley' are coming to the US East Coast.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/11/04 at 9:34 pm

I hope all who live in Florida or anywhere in the Gulf Coast vicinity...I heard that people are taking 'Bonnie' rather lightly..WHY? I hope the people in the Florida Keys aren't taking 'Charley' lightly...he's a Category 1 hurricane,and even Cat. 1 storms are capable of doing $$$$$$ of damage...and loss of life..

Subject: Re: Tropical Storm 'Bonnie' and Hurricane 'Charley' are coming to the US East Coast.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/11/04 at 10:21 pm

One right after the other...good luck all you in Florida.

Subject: Re: Tropical Storm 'Bonnie' and Hurricane 'Charley' are coming to the US East Coast.

Written By: blackdog on 08/12/04 at 2:55 am

Here's hoping you all survive them.  Does anyone have to evacuate or head inland?  Think I'll plan a vacatiion at another time.

Rain, rain... go away!   

Written By: Lanie on 08/12/04 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. So far all I've gotten in my area is alot of thunderstorms. But we're currently under three watches:
Tornado Watch until 9pm this evening
Tropical Storm Watch
Flood Watch

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/12/04 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. So far all I've gotten in my area is alot of thunderstorms. But we're currently under three watches:
Tornado Watch until 9pm this evening
Tropical Storm Watch
Flood Watch

Criminally Vulgar? Another Smitty, eh?  Have you met "Absolutely Vile"?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/12/04 at 6:48 pm

I have a friend who is in Florida for two weeks (I just got a post card from her today). I am thinking about her and hoping that she is ok. She is supposed to come home on Saturday but, who knows.  :-\\  Yes, I am worried about her.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/13/04 at 2:26 pm

Charley is now a "catagory 4" hurricane, packing winds up over 145 mph. :o

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 08/14/04 at 4:41 am

My hubby's family all live in St. Petersburg, so when I saw what was going on down there I tried to call all of them--his parents, his grandparents, his aunt..but then when I got no answers on the phone, it dawned on me *duh*  they all live near (or ON) the beach--they were bound to be evacuated already.  I finally called my mother in law's cell phone and she said she was heading home from the hotel she was staying in because it wasn't expected to hit them anymore. So, they seem to have lucked out, but it was still a concern.

I remember living through a couple in Pensacola back in 94/95.  Me, being a Northern girl, was really freaked out, especially when they had categorized them as 4 or 5's.  But, as it turned out, they hit, but not badly.  Ugh.  Sure don't miss that stuff and am happy to be back up North!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/14/04 at 10:24 am

I heard NYC might get a little bit of Charlie late tonight into tomorrow when it clears out by tomorrow afternoon.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/04 at 8:36 pm

I heard that Banasy's daughter is safe :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/14/04 at 11:39 pm

I'm glad to hear that. I'm also relieved that the casuality rate was so low (at least so far). Of course it's still sad that so many Floridians will be homeless. :(
I heard that Banasy's daughter is safe :)

Written By: blackdog on 08/16/04 at 2:12 am

Hope everyone in Florida survived it, I was thinking of you. ( Well, sad to say not everyone made it.)

Did you all have to evacuate and head inland? I heard people headed inland and got Hotel rooms but the storm followed them inland and some were pretty upset about wasting all that money when they had to stay in shelters.  Hope you all didn't have too much damage - Florida is so scenic & beautiful. 

Check for new replies or respond here...