inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return of "The Family Guy"!!!

Written By: woops on 08/13/04 at 1:21 am

It'll be back with new episodes in about two weeks after being canned for a while.  8)

Finally, more of Stewie's "evil plots", Meg trying to fit in, Peter screwing up, and the rest of Quahog.

I heard it'll be on Fox,, which I think is a bad idea since the network canned it, along with "Futurama" & "Andy Richter...",  in the first place.

Maybe as a regular on Adult Swim, TBS, or atleast the WB.

Subject: Re: Return of "The Family Guy"!!!

Written By: Jessica on 08/13/04 at 9:32 am

Not the WB. I don't get that channel. ;D

That makes me happy. I love that show (still watch the reruns), and I was sorely annoyed when they took it off. Let's just hope that they don't dumb it down and make it less than it used to be.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/04 at 9:47 am

Not the WB. I don't get that channel. ;D

Hey...remember when I helped you get ABC in time for the Super Bowl? I could help you again ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/04 at 9:48 am

I LOVE this show ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/04 at 2:53 pm

I'm looking forward to it.  I thnk I've seen all the reruns!
"Futurama" was funny sometimes, but its potential was limited, and it's themes were redundant.

http://www.cheapmovieposters.com/familyguy/familyguy.jpg

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/04 at 6:29 pm

"Futurama" was funny sometimes, but its potential was limited, and it's themes were redundant.

I heard that Gore's daughter was involved in that show somehow... ??? ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/14/04 at 9:27 pm

I heard that Gore's daughter was involved in that show somehow... ??? ;)

The one where she goes to the future to take them back to the '70s to prove her father really did invent the internet!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/14/04 at 9:43 pm

The one where she goes to the future to take them back to the '70s to prove her father really did invent the internet!
That must be it, Max  ;D ;)

Written By: Claude_Prez on 08/14/04 at 10:04 pm

It'll be back with new episodes in about two weeks after being canned for a while.  8)

Finally, more of Stewie's "evil plots", Meg trying to fit in, Peter screwing up, and the rest of Quahog.

I heard it'll be on Fox,, which I think is a bad idea since the network canned it, along with "Futurama" & "Andy Richter...",  in the first place.

Fox gave this show every opportunity to perform in the ratings.  It debuted right after the Super Bowl; they kept it alive for like three seasons of dismal ratings before finally giving up.  Its release on DVD caused the current resurgence, which is great because it's a terrific show, but you really can't blame the network for cancelling it since they stuck with it a lot longer than they would have just about any other show.  Okay I'm done now.

Written By: zcrito on 08/15/04 at 1:01 am

I don't know about "The Family Guy". I always watch about 5 minutes and then flip to something else. "Futurama" on the other hand was a little more appealing, especially since I love the Bender character...

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/futurama-bender_160.jpg

;)

Written By: Howard on 08/15/04 at 10:34 am

I LOVE this show ;D

What time does it come on?

Howard

Written By: My name is Kenny on 08/15/04 at 11:56 pm

Fox gave this show every opportunity to perform in the ratings.  It debuted right after the Super Bowl; they kept it alive for like three seasons of dismal ratings before finally giving up.  Its release on DVD caused the current resurgence, which is great because it's a terrific show, but you really can't blame the network for cancelling it since they stuck with it a lot longer than they would have just about any other show.  Okay I'm done now.

Fox never gave the series a decent time slot, never advertised it, and kept moving it around the schedule without warning, and actually cancelled it after season two but changed their mind because of a massive petition.

Written By: Claude_Prez on 08/16/04 at 3:49 pm

Fox never gave the series a decent time slot, never advertised it, and kept moving it around the schedule without warning, and actually cancelled it after season two but changed their mind because of a massive petition.

Yeah, no one watches the super bowl

Written By: Apricot on 08/17/04 at 9:37 am

Yeah, no one watches the super bowl

That may be, but no one seemed to shut up about last year's. I had to put up with their mindless joking and the sudden total possession of the news.

Check for new replies or respond here...