inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scott Peterson....Guilty or not?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/16/04 at 11:57 pm

I just heard the Amber Frey tapes....even before this I thought the little prick was a murderer....of TWO lives >:(

Subject: Re: Scott Peterson....Guilty or not?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/17/04 at 12:05 am

He is guilty but I have a feeling he will get off.  Maybe after he is found innocent maybe Scott Peterson can team up with OJ Simpson and together look for the killer of their wives.

Written By: zcrito on 08/17/04 at 12:28 am

He is guilty but I have a feeling he will get off.  Maybe after he is found innocent maybe Scott Peterson can team up with OJ Simpson and together look for the killer of their wives.

Good one.
;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/17/04 at 1:14 am

He did it, but the prosecution bungled the case.  Her family might bring civil suit.
Maybe he and O.J. can go for weekends at JonBenet's parents' place.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 08/17/04 at 5:05 am

I have been doing my best to keep up with this case as it has pretty much left Aussie newspapers.  So I havent yet heard the Amber tapes.

Is there a link to a transcript anyone can share ? 

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/17/04 at 7:47 am

I have been doing my best to keep up with this case as it has pretty much left Aussie newspapers.  So I havent yet heard the Amber tapes.

Is there a link to a transcript anyone can share ?   

I haven't seen any script links, but basically almost 100% of what Scott was saying to Amber on the phone was pure BS and scheming.  Some examples:

-He told Amber that he was calling her from various cities in Europe since he was on a "business trip", when in fact he was in Modesto, fending off the cops and what not.

-Once she called him out on the fact that his wife was missing, HE told her (words to the effect) "Gee Amber, I hope that YOU did not have anything to do with it"

Apparently the phone tapes are really painting him as a cad.  News reports say that the jurors are giving him dirty looks.

Written By: Cheetara on 08/17/04 at 10:52 am

I was watching the news and they played the tapes.   I don't know if he killed his wife and unborn child (for a fact) but I do believe he is a pathological liar.   He was married...expecting a child and he's carrying on this affair with Amber.  Then he was lying to Amber as well...regarding his whereabouts and such.  If you ask me... he should be the PRIME suspect. 

Written By: Jessica on 08/17/04 at 8:27 pm

Guilty. The fact that he told Amber that he'd help raise her daughter but he never wants kids of his own is a bad thing. So is the fact that when the cops finally caught up with him to arrest his a$$, he was near the Mexican border with dyed hair and a bag of money. Kinda suspicious, no? :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/17/04 at 8:30 pm

Guilty. The fact that he told Amber that he'd help raise her daughter but he never wants kids of his own is a bad thing. So is the fact that when the cops finally caught up with him to arrest his a$$, he was near the Mexican border with dyed hair and a bag of money. Kinda suspicious, no? :P
Seems sensible enough BUT with our "Fair" justice system Nothing is a sure thing....ooh....they're showing O.J. playing golf right now....gotta go ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/04 at 12:12 am

I don't care whether he goes to prison or Timbuktu, the sooner I don't have to look at his dumb mug, the better!
:P

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/18/04 at 1:47 am

I don't care whether he goes to prison or Timbuktu, the sooner I don't have to look at his dumb mug, the better!
:P

HOPEFULLY he will be thrown into the gas chamber (California's main way of doing the death penalty.)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 08/18/04 at 4:48 am

I haven't seen any script links, but basically almost 100% of what Scott was saying to Amber on the phone was pure BS and scheming.  Some examples:

Thanks for the examples LyricB.  He comes across as guiltier and guiltier doesnt he.

Oh - any links to the main californian newspapers maybe ?  so I can read an update every few days ?  preferable a newspaper that doesnt need registration or payments !!!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/18/04 at 6:52 am

Thanks for the examples LyricB.  He comes across as guiltier and guiltier doesnt he.

Oh - any links to the main californian newspapers maybe ?  so I can read an update every few days ?  preferable a newspaper that doesnt need registration or payments !!!

Try www.foxnews.com/ontherecord

Its about the only thing Greta Van Sustern has been talking about for the past month.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/18/04 at 10:23 am

He's guilty and will get off!

I wonder if everyone in the suburbs will get as upset about him as they did about O.J. An important point will be made if they don't.

Tanya

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/18/04 at 11:27 am

I wonder if everyone in the suburbs will get as upset about him as they did about O.J. An important point will be made if they don't.

Tanya

The streets of Modesto will burn in protest of anything less than a full conviction with two consecutive death sentences.  :P

Seriously, though, the forensic evidence against OJ was considerably stonger.  I mean, you had his blood all over the place, the cut hand, blood all over the Bronco, etc.  Circumstantially he had previously had a record for beating up Nicole, etc...

With Peterson (who, by the way, I think "did it"), the case so far appears to be completely circumstantial, perhaps with the exception of the hair(s) found on the pliers.  And as far as I know, Peterson has not yet played the race card.

A better comparison may be "Mark Hacking" versus "OJ" cases, since it seems that the Hacking case has some compelling forensic evidence, like bloody items.  'Course, it would be nice if they actually had a body to work with.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/18/04 at 1:51 pm

Seriously, though, the forensic evidence against OJ was considerably stonger.  I mean, you had his blood all over the place, the cut hand, blood all over the Bronco, etc. 

But ALL that blood was planted :o ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/20/04 at 7:38 am

By Robert Blake

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/30/04 at 9:00 am

By Robert Blake
;D

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 08/30/04 at 3:33 pm

Slimey, coniving, killer. Yes he is guilty!

Written By: Koop on 08/30/04 at 4:04 pm

I think he's guilty but is probably going to get off.  What is wrong with California prosecutors anyway?  It seems that any time they get a high profile case (with the exception of Vincent Bugliosi and the Tate- LaBianca murders) they seem to bungle it.  Granted, the case isn't over yet, but it seems like Garagos(sp?) is crushing them. 

Written By: eightiesfan on 08/31/04 at 7:35 am

Some neighbors reported seeing a strange van in the area the day Laci disappeared. Maybe it belonged to the Manson family! (I know, bad joke!)  Anyway, I think he's guilty as sin.

Written By: Hairspray on 08/31/04 at 9:19 am

I believe very strongly he'll be found guilty.

Written By: StarskyHutch76 on 08/31/04 at 6:24 pm

As long as the presecution doesn't screw up, I beleive he should be convicted >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/31/04 at 6:32 pm

Tanya

Well, with OJ everyone knows he was Joe Simpson, workaday Chuck, he would have gone to the slammer.  When you have five or ten million to spend, you can hire a Johnny Cochran to muddy the waters for months and months.  Let's not forget about the jaded jury and the payback for the aquittal of the King-beating cops.

Like I say, I think Peterson done it, but it is possible in our justice system for the prosecution to blow a case through incompetence. 

I'll just be glad when it's over.

Written By: resinchaser on 08/31/04 at 8:59 pm

Someone told me that they concluded that the baby that Lacy was carrying was born before the murder, making it impossible for Scott Peterson to be the killer. Is this true?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/02/04 at 10:50 am

Someone told me that they concluded that the baby that Lacy was carrying was born before the murder, making it impossible for Scott Peterson to be the killer. Is this true?

Actually the forensics show the opposite.

Laci's body was highly decomposed from all that time in the water, while Conor's body had lots less decomposition.  Various coroners and forensic pathologists have attributed this to "coffin birth".  Coffin birth is when a fetus is expelled from a dead mother's body due to decomposition gas buildup.  Since the fetus spent most of the under-water time in the mother's body, it did not have much decomposition.

Does not say WHO killed her though.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/04 at 4:00 pm

Well, with OJ everyone knows he was Joe Simpson, workaday Chuck, he would have gone to the slammer.  When you have five or ten million to spend, you can hire a Johnny Cochran to muddy the waters for months and months.  Let's not forget about the jaded jury and the payback for the aquittal of the King-beating cops.

Like I say, I think Peterson done it, but it is possible in our justice system for the prosecution to blow a case through incompetence. 

I'll just be glad when it's over.
Rodney Kings beating was horrible...what followed was horrible....the cops were found not guilty and then all the riots began. Then they go back and get sent to jail (Wher they belong)...meanwhile some young PUNKS kick the crap out of Reginald Denny and walk away free...beacause of....Johnny CockS****R! HE should be in prison! Oh, and I always wondered why nobody rioted after the OJ circus.....maybe class had something to do with it?? Anyway...I bet Peterson gets away Scott free....sorry, bad joke...and lastly...It will NEVER be over for Laci's family and friends :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/04 at 6:41 pm

Rodney Kings beating was horrible...what followed was horrible....the cops were found not guilty and then all the riots began. Then they go back and get sent to jail (Wher they belong)...meanwhile some young PUNKS kick the crap out of Reginald Denny and walk away free...beacause of....Johnny CockS****R! HE should be in prison! Oh, and I always wondered why nobody rioted after the OJ circus.....maybe class had something to do with it?? Anyway...I bet Peterson gets away Scott free....sorry, bad joke...and lastly...It will NEVER be over for Laci's family and friends :\'(

Johnny Cocharan is ethically dubious, but what did he do that was illegal and warranting a jail sentence?

On the other hand, the prosecution dropped the criminal charges against Kobe Bryant.  The civil suit's going forward, which I hope they lose.  Don't get me wrong, I think Kobe should have kept his trousers zipped, and I'll bet he does too.  If you're a hot l'il thang and an athlete invites you alone to his hotel room, do yourself and everybody else a favor and don't go!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/04 at 6:49 pm

Johnny Cocharan is ethically dubious, but what did he do that was illegal and warranting a jail sentence?

On the other hand, the prosecution dropped the criminal charges against Kobe Bryant.  The civil suit's going forward, which I hope they lose.  Don't get me wrong, I think Kobe should have kept his trousers zipped, and I'll bet he does too.  If you're a hot l'il thang and an athlete invites you alone to his hotel room, do yourself and everybody else a favor and don't go!
On your Cochran statement....maybe not a jail sentence...but the "Man" is morally bankrupt.

As for your Kobe point....I couldn't agree more except to say that just because a woman goes into a mans hotel room...that does NOT give him the right to violate her....can you say: Mike Tyson?  :D

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 09/02/04 at 8:37 pm

:::shouting from rooftops:::

GUILTY AS HELL!

I watch Court Tv and every show covering this case every single day he's guilty and if he gets off I hope someone kills him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/04 at 8:37 pm

On your Cochran statement....maybe not a jail sentence...but the "Man" is morally bankrupt.

As for your Kobe point....I couldn't agree more except to say that just because a woman goes into a mans hotel room...that does NOT give him the right to violate her....can you say: Mike Tyson?  :D

I wouldn't do that and you wouldn't do that, but there are lots of creeps who would.  When you are alone in a hotel room with a Kobe or a Tyson, or rolling around drunk at 4:00 AM with a William Kennedy-Smith, you have stepped out of the light and into the shadows where our legal system cannot help you.  I'm not condoning sexual assault, I'm just saying in our legal system, it's not enough to just point and accuse.  With no witnesses and no evidence, the crime of rape can go unpunished and that is a great injustice indeed.

Was this "encounter" between Kobe and Ms. Whatsername consensual or not?  We'll never really know.  

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/04 at 8:48 pm

I wouldn't do that and you wouldn't do that, but there are lots of creeps who would.  When you are alone in a hotel room with a Kobe or a Tyson, or rolling around drunk at 4:00 AM with a William Kennedy-Smith, you have stepped out of the light and into the shadows where our legal system cannot help you.  I'm not condoning sexual assault, I'm just saying in our legal system, it's not enough to just point and accuse.  With no witnesses and no evidence, the crime of rape can go unpunished and that is a great injustice indeed.

Was this "encounter" between Kobe and Ms. Whatsername consensual or not?  We'll never really know.  
Well said MaxwellSmart...I totally agree :)

Written By: Hairspray on 09/03/04 at 1:14 pm

Text of Kobe Bryant's Statement

Text of Kobe Bryant's Statement After a Judge Dismissed a Sexual Assault Charge Against Him

Sept. 1, 2004 —

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/04 at 1:48 pm

I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

Looks like Kobe pulled a "Tyson"

Check for new replies or respond here...