inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: most hated song by your favorite artist or group

Written By: dale smith on 08/17/04 at 10:53 am

i would have to say " i don't want to miss a thing" by aerosmith

Subject: Re: most hated song by your favorite artist or group

Written By: Cheetara on 08/17/04 at 11:11 am

Anyone who knows me ...knows that I am a HUGE Depeche Mode fan.  However, it saddens me to say this but I can't stand the song "Little 15" :(

Written By: Mangoo on 08/17/04 at 11:19 am

Surrealistic Pillow by Teena Marie

Written By: Powerslave on 08/17/04 at 11:46 am

"The Angel and the Gambler" by Iron Maiden.  >:(

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/17/04 at 5:11 pm

Anyone who knows me ...knows that I am a HUGE Depeche Mode fan.  However, it saddens me to say this but I can't stand the song "Little 15" :(

Really? I don't mind it myself. Of later Depeche Mode songs: "I Feel You" and "The Dead Of Night" give me headaches. :) Of earlier Depeche Mode: "Boys Say Go!" and "What's Your Name?" are rather painful to listen to.

Awful songs by my other favourite groups/artists:

Ultravox:

- "Your Name (Has Slipped My Mind Again)" - boring as hell
- "Break Your Back" - instrumental B-Side to the "Visions In Blue" 7 inch single which sounds like something you would breakdance to (hence, the title, I guess)
- "Same Old Story"/"The Prize"/"All Fall Down" - later songs (1986) recorded when things were starting to fall apart...and it shows

The Smiths:

- "Golden Lights" - thankfully, a cover of an old 60's song...but maybe not the best of choices
- "Death Of A Disco Dancer" - Rush likes this one, but I don't; I just don't think it was very well written
- "Death At One's Elbow" - even worse; definitely not one of Morrissey's lyical best

Morrissey:

- "Roy's Keen" - clever pun on the name of a Manchester United footballer (Roy Keane), but it's a song about a window cleaner, and it sounds awful!
- "Sing Your Life" - just not one of my favourites

John Foxx:

- "Systems Of Romance" - Mr. Foxx decided to take the title of the last album he recorded with Ultravox and make a terrible song out of it; makes me cringe every time I hear it

That's it for now!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: sputnikcorp on 08/18/04 at 6:53 am

i'm a huge pink floyd fan and the one song that i can't stand of theirs is 'money'. way overplayed, that and i never really liked it in the first place.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/18/04 at 7:40 am

The Beatles - "Old Brown Shoe"

George wrote some absolute classics, this wasn't one of them  >:(

Written By: Bobby on 08/18/04 at 9:14 am

i would have to say " i don't want to miss a thing" by aerosmith

Yep! I love Aerosmith but hate this song. Well done, Dale.  :)

Madness

The Return of the Los Palmos Seven
The Prince

The Tubes

Theme Park
Fantastic Delusion

Rick Astley

When I fall in love

Phil Collins

Groovy kind of love
In the air tonight

Sweet

Tom Tom Turnaround
Alexander Graham Bell

Slade

My oh my

Written By: Cheetara on 08/18/04 at 10:17 am

Really? I don't mind it myself. Of later Depeche Mode songs: "I Feel You" and "The Dead Of Night" give me headaches. :) Of earlier Depeche Mode: "Boys Say Go!" and "What's Your Name?" are rather painful to listen to.

Awful songs by my other favourite groups/artists:

Ultravox:

- "Your Name (Has Slipped My Mind Again)" - boring as hell
- "Break Your Back" - instrumental B-Side to the "Visions In Blue" 7 inch single which sounds like something you would breakdance to (hence, the title, I guess)
- "Same Old Story"/"The Prize"/"All Fall Down" - later songs (1986) recorded when things were starting to fall apart...and it shows

The Smiths:

- "Golden Lights" - thankfully, a cover of an old 60's song...but maybe not the best of choices
- "Death Of A Disco Dancer" - Rush likes this one, but I don't; I just don't think it was very well written
- "Death At One's Elbow" - even worse; definitely not one of Morrissey's lyical best

Morrissey:

- "Roy's Keen" - clever pun on the name of a Manchester United footballer (Roy Keane), but it's a song about a window cleaner, and it sounds awful!
- "Sing Your Life" - just not one of my favourites

John Foxx:

- "Systems Of Romance" - Mr. Foxx decided to take the title of the last album he recorded with Ultravox and make a terrible song out of it; makes me cringe every time I hear it

That's it for now!

Absolutely Vile

Hey Vile:)

How are you?  Yeah, I have to admit "Little 15" annoyed the hell out of me. 

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/18/04 at 10:45 am

Hey Vile:)

How are you?  Yeah, I have to admit "Little 15" annoyed the hell out of me.   

Hey Cheetara!

I'm doing alright. :) Well, "Little 15" isn't their greatest, but I don't think it's their worst. It's all a matter of opinion, really! I can listen to "Little 15." I can't listen to "The Dead Of Night" and "I Feel You!" "Boys Say Go!" and "What's Your Name?" are...bearable...:P

Oh, I forgot all about "Pipeline." By far the worst song that Martin's lent his vocals to. Painful.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/04 at 9:17 pm

Hey Cheetara!

I'm doing alright. :) Well, "Little 15" isn't their greatest, but I don't think it's their worst. It's all a matter of opinion, really! I can listen to "Little 15." I can't listen to "The Dead Of Night" and "I Feel You!" "Boys Say Go!" and "What's Your Name?" are...bearable...:P

Oh, I forgot all about "Pipeline." By far the worst song that Martin's lent his vocals to. Painful.

Absolutely Vile

I love "Little 15," unfortunately it will always remind me of the Pam Smart trial, however, I do love the lyrics and the orchestral meladrama.
I can see why "Pipeline" would annoy you, but I love the electroacoustics.  It would be hard for me to select a least favorite Depeche Mode song from the later years, 'coz I gave up on them.  Regarding "Boys Say Go!" and "What's Your Name," my sister asked me "are you SURE they're not gay? Come on!"  I'm pretty sure Vince swings both ways.  "What's Your Name" is more of a novelty song than anything, "P-R-E-doulbe-T-Y!"  My most hated among the '80s Depeche Mode is "Behind The Wheel/Route 66," a harbinger of bad things to come.  Mind you, a love the original "Behind the Wheel," but their version of "Route 66" was way too hokey.  I also dislike "Pleasure Little Treasure" for that cheesy faux-blues riff.  There actually is a lot of blues lurking in early Depeche Mode, but "Pleasure Little Treasure" was just obnoxious.

My favorite group of all time is The Legendary Pink Dots.  I guess my least favorite of theirs is "Pain Bubbles," by dint of it being my least favorite song on my least favorite LPD album, "A Perfect Mystery."

Other most hateds/least favorites:
Ultravox: All Fall Down
The Smiths: Death at One's Elbow (I agree with Vile!)
Morrissey: Satan Rejected My Soul
The Cure: Mint Car

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/18/04 at 10:37 pm

I love "Little 15," unfortunately it will always remind me of the Pam Smart trial, however, I do love the lyrics and the orchestral meladrama.
I can see why "Pipeline" would annoy you, but I love the electroacoustics.  It would be hard for me to select a least favorite Depeche Mode song from the later years, 'coz I gave up on them.  Regarding "Boys Say Go!" and "What's Your Name," my sister asked me "are you SURE they're not gay? Come on!"  I'm pretty sure Vince swings both ways.  "What's Your Name" is more of a novelty song than anything, "P-R-E-doulbe-T-Y!"  My most hated among the '80s Depeche Mode is "Behind The Wheel/Route 66," a harbinger of bad things to come.  Mind you, a love the original "Behind the Wheel," but their version of "Route 66" was way too hokey.  I also dislike "Pleasure Little Treasure" for that cheesy faux-blues riff.  There actually is a lot of blues lurking in early Depeche Mode, but "Pleasure Little Treasure" was just obnoxious.

Other most hateds/least favorites:
Ultravox: All Fall Down
The Smiths: Death at One's Elbow (I agree with Vile!)
Morrissey: Satan Rejected My Soul
The Cure: Mint Car

I just find "Pipeline" incredibly boring to listen to. It's one of those songs I can't wait 'til it's over! I like "Behind The Wheel" on its own too. The remix with "Route 66" is bad! I'm amazed that so many people actually like it! Why? "Pleasure Little Treasure" I need to listen to again. I don't remember it.

I agree with your list of others, and am glad you agree with me about the worst Smiths song! You're also more forgiving of Ultravox than I am! :D One song to my six!

I don't recall "Satan Rejected My Soul," but going by everything else I'd heard from the same album (Maladjusted, I think), it wouldn't surprise me if that was as bad a song as the others were.

"Mint Car" was just silly, and I think The Cure were starting to go downhill around then.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: mandamoo on 08/18/04 at 11:41 pm

The Beatles - "Old Brown Shoe"

George wrote some absolute classics, this wasn't one of them >:(

Gotta agree with you there Fussy.  It's a shocker ! :P

Written By: lebeiw15 on 08/19/04 at 12:16 pm

Chicago--"Stay The Night", "Hard to Say I'm Sorry", "You're the Inspiration" .. I can't believe these are actually by the same group who did "25 or 6 to 4", "Beginnings", "Questions 67 and 68", and other great 70s tunes. :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/04 at 1:12 pm

I just find "Pipeline" incredibly boring to listen to. It's one of those songs I can't wait 'til it's over! I like "Behind The Wheel" on its own too. The remix with "Route 66" is bad! I'm amazed that so many people actually like it! Why? "Pleasure Little Treasure" I need to listen to again. I don't remember it.

I agree with your list of others, and am glad you agree with me about the worst Smiths song! You're also more forgiving of Ultravox than I am! :D One song to my six!

I don't recall "Satan Rejected My Soul," but going by everything else I'd heard from the same album (Maladjusted, I think), it wouldn't surprise me if that was as bad a song as the others were.

"Mint Car" was just silly, and I think The Cure were starting to go downhill around then.

Absolutely Vile

I just chose to list ONE song by Ultravox.  There are some I like less than others, but few I can say I dislike.
I don't remember much of anything from either "Vauxhall and I" or "Maladjusted," but I do remember I hated "Satan..."
:P

Written By: My name is Kenny on 08/19/04 at 1:39 pm

Ben Folds Five - Regrets
For some reason, Ben tragically forgot how to write a tune for most of the third album.

Fountains of Wayne - Peace and Love
The one weak song of the absolutely killer Welcome Interstate Managers.

Foo Fighters - Big Me
Surprisingly nadless, and sadly pointless, song from 90's hard rockers

Aerosmith - Crazy/Cryin'/Amazing
I'm not sure which of these songs I'm thinking of, but does it really matter?

Written By: Apricot on 08/19/04 at 1:43 pm

Modest Mouse's "The View" just because it's not as cool as the rest of their songs.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 08/20/04 at 10:44 am

Aerosmith - Crazy/Cryin'/Amazing
I'm not sure which of these songs I'm thinking of

You're not the only one. ::)

Written By: Wolveroses on 08/20/04 at 12:17 pm

"Picture" by Kid Rock / Sheryl Crow (she just ruins the song for me)

Written By: nally on 08/20/04 at 12:50 pm

"Picture" by Kid Rock / Sheryl Crow (she just ruins the song for me)

I don't like that song, period. I do like some of Sheryl's stuff, but not this duet. ::)

Written By: Mr. X on 08/20/04 at 1:53 pm

I don't like that song, period. I do like some of Sheryl's stuff, but not this duet. ::)

I second that. It's annoying, imho.

Written By: DaChazman on 08/20/04 at 3:41 pm

Nirvana-Something In The Way

Nirvana is my FAVORITE band of all time and I just find this REALLY depressing.

Check for new replies or respond here...