inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Just found out my role model passed away

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/20/04 at 7:58 pm

With all the posts here about role models, I had forgotten about a role model that I had.  Sadly I found out today that he passed away on Augist 14th.  :\'(

His name was Harry Roberts.  He was a professor of mine at the University of Chicago and he was a great role model.  There was no problem too big to be tackled, and no question too "dumb" to be discussed and answered.  When I was in his class he was already 72 years old but faster of mind than most of my fellow students.

World War 2 veteran, he enlisted.  Fought in the battle of the Bulge and was taken prisoner.  (He never told us that part).

RIP, Harry.  The world needs more fine teachers and people like you.  :)

Subject: Re: Just found out my role model passed away

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/20/04 at 8:06 pm

With all the posts here about role models, I had forgotten about a role model that I had.  Sadly I found out today that he passed away on Augist 14th.  :\'(

His name was Harry Roberts.  He was a professor of mine at the University of Chicago and he was a great role model.  There was no problem too big to be tackled, and no question too "dumb" to be discussed and answered.  When I was in his class he was already 72 years old but faster of mind than most of my fellow students.

World War 2 veteran, he enlisted.  Fought in the battle of the Bulge and was taken prisoner.  (He never told us that part).

RIP, Harry.  The world needs more fine teachers and people like you.  :)
I'm sorry for your loss, LyricBoy....RIP, Harry :\'( BTW, My Idol (Runner Steve Prefontaine) died in a car crash in May of 1975, so I know how it feels to lose a role model :-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 8:08 pm

Hope You Feel Better,Man. ;)

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/20/04 at 9:57 pm

RIP Harry Roberts

Teachers at every level, from elementary school through college, were some of my biggest role models.  There are a few who are now quite elderly who will pass on in the next few years.  Such as life.
:\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/21/04 at 5:04 pm

Thanx guys...  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/22/04 at 11:25 am

Thanx guys...  :)
No Problem, LyricBoy ;)

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/04 at 1:15 pm

I'm so glad he used his time and experience to teach other people. These are the real heroes.

Check for new replies or respond here...