inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 3rd Anniversary of September 11

Written By: bbigd04 on 08/26/04 at 11:43 am

In about 2 weeks, It will have been 3 years since the September 11th terrorist attacks. About 3,000 people died on September 11, 2001. It was truly be something that everyone old enough to remember will never ever forget. I found out on the way out of my history class it was 9:41 AM. No body was really sure of what exactly going on, all we knew at first was that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. At first I thought it was just an accident, but as soon as I learned of the other planes involved, we all knew it was terrorism. I remember listening to the radio, everybody crying, what a terrible day. Feel free to share any reflections on the 3rd annversary of September 11, 2001. God Bless America.

Subject: Re: The 3rd Anniversary of September 11

Written By: Cheetara on 08/26/04 at 4:33 pm

It truly was a horrific day.  Several friends worked near the Trade Center in NYC.  I heard about the terror attacks around 8:50am.  I frantically tried to call my friends in NY.  The lines were down.  Words cannot describe what I felt on that day. 

Later, I left work and drove on Route 3 eastbound (here in New Jersey) which gives you a view of the NY skyline...there was nothing more than a mushroom cloud of smoke. 

:\'(

I wanted to say more...but I can't.... too painful. 

Song came to mind:  "Sunday, Bloody Sunday"  by U2

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/04 at 8:17 pm

I'll save my comments for the anniversary itself.

Written By: CBH1989er on 08/26/04 at 8:34 pm

I remember that day very well. The weather was picture perfect, not a cloud in the sky here. before 9:40 cst It was another ordinary Tuesday. I remember getting ready for school, going to school and ect. Then around and hour after the planes hit I herd about it. Everyone was so confused. I went to my friends house that day he was watching some silly cartoon upstairs so I went to the basment to watch T.V. Then I saw the truth. I was in shock. I cried when i saw ppl jumping to their deaths.My friend and I went outside and looked up @ the picture perfect not a cloud in the sky day.Not a plane in sight, no streak of airline smoke... nothing.After awhile we heard a loud roar it was military aircraft flying over our area. Its a day that i dont think ill ever forget.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/26/04 at 8:42 pm

I remember watching Comedy Central and thinking it was some kind of joke....I turned to all the other stations in time to see a plane hit the 2nd tower.....all told this whole decade has SUCKED :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 8:43 pm

I also remember that day as well.everybody was screaming crying worrying and angry.lot of emotions came out that day.I was in the city at the time but far away from The World Trade Center.I only smelt the burning of the metal and smoke. :P

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/26/04 at 8:47 pm

I hope everyone can understand this....Yes, it was a horrible day and I felt horrible that all those people lost thier lives...but I was still numb from my son Blaine being murdered and therefore, it didn't affect me quite as much as others :-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 8:52 pm

I hope everyone can understand this....Yes, it was a horrible day and I felt horrible that all those people lost thier lives...but I was still numb from my son Blaine being murdered and therefore, it didn't affect me quite as much as others :-\\

I'm sorry to hear that Mark.Didn't September 11th affect you in any way shape or form? :(

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/04 at 8:57 pm

It was a sad day.  I was at work (It happened at 6:41 here)  I didn't believe it was real until the plane hit the Pentagon.  Until then, I figured the second plane was probably someone trying to get good pics and got too close.  We only have radio at work, no tv.  I didn't see the second plane hit.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/26/04 at 9:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Mark.Didn't September 11th affect you in any way shape or form? :(

Howard
It sure did...just not as much as Blaine's death :-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 9:10 pm

It sure did...just not as much as Blaine's death :-\\

I see.I'm sorry to hear that Mark. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 9:12 pm

That day was just chaos.I didn't get home till about 6pm.trains were mostly blocked off and stations were at a standstill.  :(

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/26/04 at 9:14 pm

I see.I'm sorry to hear that Mark. :(

Howard
Thanks for understanding, Howard ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 9:16 pm

Thanks for understanding, Howard ;)

no problem man, anytime. ;)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...