inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 9/11 toy found in bags of candy

Written By: Jessica on 08/27/04 at 4:57 pm

I really don't know what to say about this. Why would anyone in their right mind make a toy like this and distribute it? :-\\

9/11 Toys

Subject: Re: 9/11 toy found in bags of candy

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/04 at 6:08 pm

That is just about as low as you can go. I am very glad they were recalled.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/27/04 at 6:13 pm

I really don't know what to say about this. Why would anyone in their right mind make a toy like this and distribute it? :-\\

9/11 Toys
I hope they find out who did this >:(

Written By: sputnikcorp on 08/27/04 at 6:37 pm

that reminded me of another offensive toy that was found in goody bags of toys and candies that were distributed at bar mitzvas a year ago here in canada...a little adolf hitler panda was found in them. the chinese distributor apologized for the insensitive toy, their excuse was many chinese people don't really know about the holocaust or history of the western world. maybe that type of thinking was behind this 9/11 toy...gross ignorance.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 08/27/04 at 6:56 pm

???

Written By: Howard on 08/27/04 at 7:46 pm

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/South/08/27/911.toy.ap/story.toy.ap.jpg

I'm thinking the very same thing.Why would anyone wanna buy this toy? >:(

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 08/27/04 at 8:18 pm

That is unbelievable  :o

Written By: Howard on 08/27/04 at 8:19 pm

What's next? An Osama Bin Laden Pez dispenser? ;D

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/04 at 9:44 pm

that reminded me of another offensive toy that was found in goody bags of toys and candies that were distributed at bar mitzvas a year ago here in canada...a little adolf hitler panda was found in them. the chinese distributor apologized for the insensitive toy, their excuse was many chinese people don't really know about the holocaust or history of the western world. maybe that type of thinking was behind this 9/11 toy...gross ignorance.

"9/11 Toys" in free candy for kids?  That's poivoise, as New Yorkers might say!  Come on, sometimes you just gotta laugh!
;D

Imported Chinese Adolf Hitler panda bar mitzva candy...hmmm, there's something you don't hear of every day...
:-\\

Written By: Jessica on 08/28/04 at 12:41 am

Just out of curiosity (and knowing that after something like this comes out, this always happens), I looked on eBay. Guess what I found?

9/11 Toy

Now if you get here too late and they take the auction off or whatever, it stands at 32 bids with a price of $5301. :o

Written By: jaytee on 08/28/04 at 8:52 am

Only in America

Written By: Howard on 08/28/04 at 10:02 am

Just out of curiosity (and knowing that after something like this comes out, this always happens), I looked on eBay. Guess what I found?

9/11 Toy

Now if you get here too late and they take the auction off or whatever, it stands at 32 bids with a price of $5301. :o

I would never pay $5,000 dollars for that piece of junk. >:(

Howard

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/28/04 at 12:55 pm

9/11 Toy

I clicked the link and it couldn't be found.  Maybe eBay removed it?

Written By: Jessica on 08/28/04 at 1:43 pm

Yeah, they removed it because the link was working last night.

Check for new replies or respond here...