inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ashlee Simpson

Written By: Jennifer028 on 08/31/04 at 12:00 pm

I like her music  ;)

Subject: Re: Ashlee Simpson

Written By: Kyle on 08/31/04 at 2:11 pm

Much better than Jessica, so I wiill give it to Ashlee.  ;) :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/31/04 at 11:40 pm

Both  :)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 09/01/04 at 6:00 am

Her and her sister. :-X :-X

Written By: mandamoo on 09/01/04 at 7:36 am

Who's Ashlee Simpson  ???

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/01/04 at 3:36 pm

Man tough crowd...

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/01/04 at 8:30 pm

I'd party with her.  Especially now that she has the dark hair.  :P

Written By: jaytee on 09/02/04 at 9:40 am

Who's Ashlee Simpson  ???

My first thought!

Written By: lebeiw15 on 09/02/04 at 11:07 am

IMO, it's too dark.  Or maybe it needs some highlights or something.  I don't know, to me, it just looks like a wig or a bad dye job :P

I know!!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.  She's definitely not as good-looking as Jessica. :P

Written By: Jessica on 09/02/04 at 11:33 am

You didn't give a choice for disliking all their music. :)

I have nothing against them personally, I just don't like their songs. And I think Ashlee Simpson is prettier than Jessica. Ashlee just needs to do something about her hair. I think Jessica looks too much like a bleached out alien version of Jayne Mansfield.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/02/04 at 11:44 am

You didn't give a choice for disliking all their music. :)

I have nothing against them personally, I just don't like their songs. And I think Ashlee Simpson is prettier than Jessica. Ashlee just needs to do something about her hair. I think Jessica looks too much like a bleached out alien version of Jayne Mansfield.

Ashlee could use a nose job though.

I agree that she looks better than Jessica.  If jessica got rid of the bleach job and all those mega-pushup-bras, she would be living in Palookaville already.  :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/02/04 at 1:25 pm

Who?

Tanya

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/02/04 at 4:42 pm

I can't belive people don't know who she is.  She's got a single out that plays on top 40 stations and she's got her own show on Mtv and she's on the top ten list on TRL on mtv.

I do think she needs to change her hair back to blonde though.

Written By: Whisper on 09/02/04 at 5:04 pm

I like her music  ;)

Same here. :)

Written By: Fred on 09/03/04 at 1:13 am

I only heard of her a couple weeks ago. Never heard a song though, but she is hot.

Written By: My name is Kenny on 09/03/04 at 7:55 pm

I can't belive people don't know who she is.  She's got a single out that plays on top 40 stations and she's got her own show on Mtv and she's on the top ten list on TRL on mtv.

Well, believe it or not, there are those of us who would just as well not listen to the top 40 stations, because top 40 stations these days are terrible, and I most emphatically include Ms. Simpson in that statement.  Awful, awful song.

And:  I'd go with a lighter color, maybe, but not back to blonde.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/04/04 at 2:50 am

I don't care for MTV anymore (it's mostly uninspiring junk anyway). In addition, I don't care for any top 40 stations now b/c the music sucks bad and it sounds the same anyway! If she's related to Jessica Simpson, who cares?

Tanya

Written By: Rush on 09/04/04 at 4:24 am

Who?

Are they related to Bart?

Written By: Rush on 09/04/04 at 4:25 am

M...T...V...?
T...o..p ...4...0?

What that?

Written By: nally on 09/13/04 at 3:05 pm

I heard her song, "Pieces Of Me", on the radio the other day...it's all right. :-\\

Written By: … on 09/15/04 at 6:28 pm

And:  I'd go with a lighter color, maybe, but not back to blonde.

I don't know what her natural hair color is, nor do I really care, but I think I like her music (even after having heard only one of her songs).

Written By: tralalala on 09/24/04 at 9:40 pm

ashlee simpson is annoyinggg...

i love jessica and i can relate to her sooo much with her lust for romance and everything... so what if she seems a little ditzy? it's not like everyone can succeed in being ditzy... i mean, imagine seeing ashlee commenting on chicken and tuna... that would be... horrible...

i like ashlee's songs... and i do watch the ashlee simpson show... but i guess not many people should see her show... i liked ashlee before i saw the show... cos in the show... she portrays herself as this... 'flirt' this person who likes to cause alot of trouble, this person who doesn't want to be compared to jessica, and her attitudes just annoy me.

like... ashlee's using jessica's fame to succeed in her career. her song, 'shadow'... i mean, wtf was with that? she talks about being in the shadow of her sister... and that she used to get zilch attention from her parents and everything... and she sells her status as a second daughter.

there's no doubt that jessica (hate her or not) has wayyy more fame than ashlee will ever get. more people know jessica simpson. and in no time, ashlee won't be selling alot of records. ashlee will be only surviving because she's 'jessica simpson's sister'.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/24/04 at 9:47 pm

ashlee simpson is annoyinggg...

i love jessica and i can relate to her sooo much with her lust for romance and everything... so what if she seems a little ditzy? it's not like everyone can succeed in being ditzy... i mean, imagine seeing ashlee commenting on chicken and tuna... that would be... horrible...

i like ashlee's songs... and i do watch the ashlee simpson show... but i guess not many people should see her show... i liked ashlee before i saw the show... cos in the show... she portrays herself as this... 'flirt' this person who likes to cause alot of trouble, this person who doesn't want to be compared to jessica, and her attitudes just annoy me.

like... ashlee's using jessica's fame to succeed in her career. her song, 'shadow'... i mean, wtf was with that? she talks about being in the shadow of her sister... and that she used to get zilch attention from her parents and everything... and she sells her status as a second daughter.

there's no doubt that jessica (hate her or not) has wayyy more fame than ashlee will ever get. more people know jessica simpson. and in no time, ashlee won't be selling alot of records. ashlee will be only surviving because she's 'jessica simpson's sister'.

I'm confused..if you don't like her why do you say you like her music and watch her show  ???

Also...her album has gone Platnum. It sold almost 253,500 copies in the first week of Aug.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/24/04 at 9:54 pm

This is her for those who don't know

http://www.mcarecords.com/MCAImageUpload/873219-Full.jpg

Written By: Kenlos on 09/24/04 at 10:17 pm

I don't like her music at all.  She can't sing she is riding the fame of her sister the whole way.  Her songs a little catchy sure but that doesn't change the fact that she has no talent.

Written By: nally on 11/03/05 at 5:33 pm

I heard her song, "Pieces Of Me", on the radio the other day...it's all right. :-\\

A few weeks after I made this post, I decided I liked that song (I find it catchy)...and a year later, I still like it. :)

"La La" is kinda weird, but "Shadow" is ok.

As for the stuff on her new album, I have not heard any of it.

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/05 at 7:50 pm

I don't really like either as a singer, but I voted for ..

I like both Ashlee and Jessica ...

in my bed  ;D

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/04/05 at 3:48 pm

Hate it

Written By: woops on 11/04/05 at 7:45 pm

Read somewhere that was drunk and had a hissy fit with the employees at a McDonalds  :P  ::)

Written By: woops on 11/04/05 at 7:49 pm

"Pieces of Me" is an OK song, though "jumped" when she released "La La" and even further with her so called "acid reflux" incident last year...

Written By: kellygoo72 on 11/05/05 at 2:43 am

iLOVE "lala" I LAUGHED SO HARD WHEN SHE PERFORMED AT THE BOWL GAME I ALMOST PEED!  THANKS FOR THE LAUGH... OH WAIT, SHES A SINGER ;D ;D ;D

Written By: thebutcheress on 11/05/05 at 10:43 am

That "Boyfriend" song is stuck in my head!

Whoa, Whoa, I didnt steal your boyfriend...

Written By: nally on 11/05/05 at 1:17 pm

Haven't heard it (at least on the radio) yet.

Check for new replies or respond here...