inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Now THIS Is Ridiculous!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/04 at 3:33 pm

My friend Mike manages a bar here called Meadow Muffins. Last month a bunch of people reserved the back bar for a party to celebrate the Democratic National Convention....no problem, right? Well except for a few of them drifting to the front and talking about how everyone should vote for Kerry...there wasn't really any serious trouble (We all ignored them)....well anyway, last night about 50 people reserved the back for the Rebuplican National Convention. Turns out that right after the festivities got underway some people came in that were Kerry fans and they started to try and disrupt the party. Some left peacefully after shouting insults into the back bar area...while others had to be restrained until the police arrived and hauled thier sorry @sses out! This is SO dumb..I mean, I was THERE when both parties were held and we let the Kerry people ALONE to have thier party....though they still went out of thier way to ridicule us for supporting Bush, they were treated with the respect of any customer. Last night was total chaos and really put a damper on things.

Subject: Re: Now THIS Is Ridiculous!

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/02/04 at 3:36 pm

Those people were obviously the rabble of society.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/04 at 3:50 pm

Those people were obviously the rabble of society.
Yeah, it's people that act like that, that make me want to stick a Bush sticker over thier Kerry one!

Written By: Heavymetal on 09/02/04 at 5:03 pm

What is it with Liberal Dems.? They spit on delegates at the R.N.C. and they shout shut up at the Fox News Desk. They supposedly are for free speech but yet they spit on people and tell people to shut up. What you should do is get a job and stop living your lonely pathetic lives as anarchists. I noticed the enviromentalist were out on the streets demonstrating. Don't get me wrong, I am a republican who cares deeply about our earth. But did you notice all the trash on the streets. You people need lives. 

Written By: Heavymetal on 09/02/04 at 5:14 pm

Let's not foget all the tough guys beating a cop while he's down. Yea, we want liberals running this country. >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 09/02/04 at 5:30 pm

Oh please, there are Kerry boors, bush boors, nader boors, every party has them, they are all idiots.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/04 at 6:14 pm

Hey, I was just talking about my little neighborhood bar in my little corner of the world....the Kerry people were idiots and they acted like it. I'm sure there are many out there that like Kerry that are NOT idiots. Just blowing off some steam from all the crap the ones that were idiots put us all through that night ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/04 at 6:35 pm

Hey, I was just talking about my little neighborhood bar in my little corner of the world....the Kerry people were idiots and they acted like it. I'm sure there are many out there that like Kerry that are NOT idiots. Just blowing off some steam from all the crap the ones that were idiots put us all through that night ::)

I'd tell you WHAT FOR, but we're on the wrong board here!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/04 at 6:45 pm

I'd tell you WHAT FOR, but we're on the wrong board here!
When it comes to people who pay to have a "Private" party, they expect it to be just that. The Bush-bashers had no right to start a fight with people that were minding thier own business....just like the Kerry-bashers had no right...oh wait....they i]didn't start any crap during the Kerry "private" party!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/02/04 at 7:27 pm

Oh please, there are Kerry boors, bush boors, nader boors, every party has them, they are all idiots.

You're right.  It's too bad that these idiots, on all sides, don't realize that it doesn't make people want to vote for their candidate.  If anything it makes people want to vote for the other guy just to show them up.  I know that's how I feel when someone tries to force their opinions on me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/04 at 8:19 pm

When it comes to people who pay to have a "Private" party, they expect it to be just that. The Bush-bashers had no right to start a fight with people that were minding thier own business....just like the Kerry-bashers had no right...oh wait....they i]didn't start any crap during the Kerry "private" party!

Frankly, my dear...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/04 at 8:47 pm

Frankly, my dear...
Guess you had to BE there ;)

Written By: Jessica on 09/02/04 at 10:13 pm

I think RockandRollFan's point was that people should be respectful, no matter what they believe in. It's stupid for ANYONE to bash somebody over what they believe, especially in public, quite vocally, to the point of the authorities being involved. Unfortunately, tolerance and civility isn't demonstrated enough ANYWHERE.  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/04 at 12:14 am

I think RockandRollFan's point was that people should be respectful, no matter what they believe in. It's stupid for ANYONE to bash somebody over what they believe, especially in public, quite vocally, to the point of the authorities being involved. Unfortunately, tolerance and civility isn't demonstrated enough ANYWHERE.  ::)
WOW! THAT is my point exactly...thanks, Jessica ;) Now p-lEASE...answer your phone ::)

Written By: Fred on 09/03/04 at 1:20 am

This is just one of the reasons I can't stand politics. I mean, I'll vote, but I can't understand why people get so charged up because someone voted for someone they don't like.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/03/04 at 1:43 am

What is it with Liberal Dems.? They spit on delegates at the R.N.C. and they shout shut up at the Fox News Desk. They supposedly are for free speech but yet they spit on people and tell people to shut up. What you should do is get a job and stop living your lonely pathetic lives as anarchists. I noticed the enviromentalist were out on the streets demonstrating. Don't get me wrong, I am a republican who cares deeply about our earth. But did you notice all the trash on the streets. You people need lives. 

When you look at the Republican party and you look at the Fox News Desk, what you should see is preconditions for a Fascist State.
I have no regrets if people treated them accordingly.  Fox News spits on morality, truth, and integrity 24-hours a day. 
The Republican Party's mission is to retain and advance the power of the super-rich and rollback entire social contract the people have won over the past 100 years. 
Zell Miller won't understand this until he's getting the purple-@ss treatment from Satan himself, but the Republican Party is the enemy of the American people and Fox News is just the GOP's yapping little lap dog.
Better than 80% of voters who vote Dubya in for another term will have their lives hurt by the Bush Administration's agenda.  That is the voters who vote for them, but voting for them is not how they will seize power once again.

Written By: philbo on 09/03/04 at 4:50 am

This is just one of the reasons I can't stand politics. I mean, I'll vote, but I can't understand why people get so charged up because someone voted for someone they don't like. >:(

...especially because that's the whole point of democracy: people have a right to choose whoever they want to vote for- and their choice should be respected, even if one disagrees.

(I was so tempted to put an "unless it's for George Bush" at the end of the above sentence... but thought that people might not realize it was a joke ;) )

Written By: Jessica on 09/03/04 at 11:40 am

...especially because that's the whole point of democracy: people have a right to choose whoever they want to vote for- and their choice should be respected, even if one disagrees.

(I was so tempted to put an "unless it's for George Bush" at the end of the above sentence... but thought that people might not realize it was a joke ;) )

I would've realized it's a joke. ;D

You're right though, Philbo. It's unfortunate that in this country, for all the talk about respecting others no matter what, people still try to bring you down and say your point is worthless because you believe this or that or the other.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/04/04 at 11:29 am

Thanks Jess. It's so stupid that the Kerry lovers felt the need to try and ruin the Bush lovers party....oh well, at least the people for Bush took the high road ;)

Written By: Jessica on 09/04/04 at 4:46 pm

Thanks Jess. It's so stupid that the Kerry lovers felt the need to try and ruin the Bush lovers party....oh well, at least the people for Bush took the high road ;)

Eh, both Bush and Kerry have more than a few nuts worshipping them and doing stuff in hopes of promoting their beloved candidate. These followers are just making them look worse than they already are.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/04/04 at 7:18 pm

Eh, both Bush and Kerry have more than a few nuts worshipping them and doing stuff in hopes of promoting their beloved candidate. These followers are just making them look worse than they already are.
Thanks Jess....but as far as the Bar goes, the Bush people won big time for having CLASS :)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/04/04 at 9:51 pm

You are so right, Jess.  I imagine the candidates just shake their heads and wish they could tell the world they really aren't associated with the idiots.

Check for new replies or respond here...