inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: a question about south park

Written By: printer on 09/02/04 at 10:19 pm

if cartman hates stan and kyle and likewise they hate cartman why do they hang around each other?

Subject: Re: a question about south park

Written By: printer on 09/02/04 at 11:37 pm

Coz it's tv?

(PS: you stole my name!)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/02/04 at 11:49 pm

Kids are like that! How many times have you said to someone I'm not your friend, then a few minutes later or the next day, you are playing with that kid again?

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/04 at 12:15 am

It's fickle, it's flakey...it's being a KID :D

Written By: Fred on 09/03/04 at 1:09 am

Yeah, they're kids.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/03/04 at 1:48 am

That's the way it was when I was a kid.  In fact, when I was in third grade, my best friend's name was Kyle and he wore a hat with ear flaps!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/04 at 8:58 am

That's the way it was when I was a kid.  In fact, when I was in third grade, my best friend's name was Kyle and he wore a hat with ear flaps!
I just hope you didn't have a friend named.....Kenny :o ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/03/04 at 11:26 am

if cartman hates stan and kyle and likewise they hate cartman why do they hang around each other?

While Cartman has said things like "I hate you Kenny" at one time or another, I always figured him and Kenny got along, and Kenny was friends with Kyle and Stan.  If you watch enough of the show, you'll notice most of the arguments Cartman has are with Kyle and Stan.

I saw part of an episode where Stan turned Goth recently... must have missed that one the first time around (and still missed it, since I saw the end of it)... so I haven't seen them all like I thought.  Matt and Trey have been saying it's going to end soon, but I'd be real suprised if they do.  They don't seem able to make something outside of South Park with the same appeal, it would probably take them out of the spot light.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/03/04 at 5:43 pm

I just hope you didn't have a friend named.....Kenny :o ;)

Well, no, there was no Kenny, but it's true, Kyle got the hat with the earflaps, which I thought was cool, so my mom got me one too.  When you're in third grade, you don't really think in terms of "hick" stereotypes.  I don't about Colorado, but in NH, guys who wear hats with earflaps usually drive snowplows and say things like, "Ayuh, hoss gone da road a piece..."
Anyway, first time I saw Cartman yell, "Shut up, Kyle!" it was a blast from the past!

Written By: Bobby on 09/03/04 at 8:08 pm

Coz it's tv?

(PS: you stole my name!)

There are two people here called 'Printer' LOL?  ;D

Written By: woops on 09/04/04 at 12:40 am

I had those type of "friends" in highschool. Unfortunately, not in elementary & junior high.  :P

I agree with the other posts that it the fact they're kids.

Examples from other shows:

This also goes with Binky Barnes (the bully) and Arthur & Buster on the tv show & books  "Arthur".

And on, dare I write, "The Proud Family", Penny Proud (the daughter)'s friends take advantage of her and the other is rude. Though I forgot their names.

Written By: Fred on 09/04/04 at 1:35 am

While Cartman has said things like "I hate you Kenny" at one time or another, I always figured him and Kenny got along, and Kenny was friends with Kyle and Stan.  If you watch enough of the show, you'll notice most of the arguments Cartman has are with Kyle and Stan.

I saw part of an episode where Stan turned Goth recently... must have missed that one the first time around (and still missed it, since I saw the end of it)... so I haven't seen them all like I thought.  Matt and Trey have been saying it's going to end soon, but I'd be real suprised if they do.  They don't seem able to make something outside of South Park with the same appeal, it would probably take them out of the spot light.

I just watched that episode tonight, anyways if South Park ends what will happen next? They can't just end it, I love South Park. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...