inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Animated Series of the 2000's

Written By: woops on 09/04/04 at 1:13 am

Some stinkers, IMO:  :P

"Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon" Unfortunately, this fiasco was butchered by it's creator.
"Kid Notorious"
"3 South"
"Striperella"
"Gary the Rat"
"The Proud Family" I can't believe Tommy Davidson from "In Living Color" is in this show
"SpongeBob SquarePants" (overrated)

...and a few listed...

Subject: Re: Worst Animated Series of the 2000's

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/04/04 at 2:47 am

While I don't watch most of these cartoons, I happen to like Fairy Oddparents and Spongebob Squarepants! The Proud Family is a good show! Family Guy is funny, but it lacks the spunk found in The Simpsons, that's why it was cancelled and shift around. It was being shocking for shock sake.

Tanya

Written By: Bobby on 09/04/04 at 8:13 pm

Futurama hasn't took off as well as The Simpsons as it? A bit of a shame really because it was really clever plot-wise, but seemed to lack in the character department (or simply because I couldn't get into the characters).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/04 at 12:03 am

InuYasha
I just hate that pseudo-anime stuff.  And it seems like there's a bottomless supply of it!
::)

SpongeBob is abominable, of course, and don't forget about the inane Ed, Edd, and Eddie show!

Written By: mrgazpacho on 09/05/04 at 2:12 am

InuYasha
I just hate that pseudo-anime stuff.

InuYasha *is* anime! Nothin' "pseudo-" about it!

Written By: Fred on 09/05/04 at 2:58 am

Ren And Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon
Shorties Watchin' Stories
The last couple season's of The Simpsons  :(
Home Movies
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Brak Show
Stripperella
Fairly Oddparents

Forgot the other two I had...  ???

Written By: Fred on 09/05/04 at 2:59 am

InuYasha
I just hate that pseudo-anime stuff.  And it seems like there's a bottomless supply of it!
::)

What do you mean pseudo?

Written By: Bobby on 09/05/04 at 4:44 am

What do you mean pseudo?

Pseudo means 'false', Fred. Maxwell is saying the cartoon was pretending to be anime.  :)

Written By: lebeiw15 on 09/05/04 at 10:40 am

Uh.. all of those. ???

Written By: My name is Kenny on 09/05/04 at 10:22 pm

YU

GI

OH

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 09/06/04 at 4:25 am

don't forget about the inane Ed, Edd, and Eddie show!

Yep!  I voted for Fairly Oddparents, but I also voted "other" for that very show!!  Just watching it, the way it's drawn, all the lines shaking, makes my eyes hurt!!  :P

Written By: Apricot on 09/06/04 at 7:30 pm

Screw Spongebob, Screw the entire Disney Channel.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/04 at 9:50 pm

I don't know much about anime, other than I always hated it.  I always thought the story boards were dumb, and I could never stand the way they draw the big eyes, it reminds me of that awful pop-art from the '70s.

People mentioned a bunch of the Adult Swim 'toons I think are very funny:

The Brak Show
Home Movies
Sealab 2021
Harvey Birdman
Family Guy
Aquateen Hunger Force

but nobody mentioned my favorite:
The Oblongs

I like demented and perverse cartoons.  The Oblongs was high-rated in both departments.  Some of the same people who worked on Dr. Katz also work on Home Movies.  You can tell by the use of "Squiggle Vision," and the conversational style.  Dr. Katz was funny until they drifted away from the office and more into the personal life of Dr. Katz.  I also love Home Movies because Emo Phillips does one of the voices.  Any project with Emo has my blessings!

Written By: woops on 09/07/04 at 1:17 am

I also agree with "Ed, Edd, & Eddy".  :P

Another mention: "Baby Looney Tunes", which is like "Rugrats" & "Muppet Babies".

Written By: Marian on 09/07/04 at 1:45 pm

InuYasha *is* anime! Nothin' "pseudo-" about it!

:)I like Inuyasha too.I voted for aqua teen Hunger Force.I think the sealab show is supposed to be bad cause it's a parody.Cheers!

Subject: I don't remember Ren wanting to make love to Stimpey

Written By: rosielittle on 09/07/04 at 2:04 pm

Yeah... what happened to the Ren And Stimpey show? It was the best cartoon of the 90's and then it got all screwy. Were Ren and Stimpey always supposed to be gay, or is that new?

Written By: woops on 11/20/04 at 1:13 am

"Father of the Pride"...I though it was OK until it just gotten worse & far worse by each episode  :P

New cartoon: "Hi Hi Puffy AumiYumi"... OK, they provided the theme song for "Teen Titans", AmiYumi is a popular group in Japan,  and now have a poor animated series with a blend of flash animation & anime' that is far worse than "Shorties watchin' Shorties". Not to mention bland, unfunny, & tasteless. Make it even worse, I actually miss "Hammerman" while watching this...  :P

Written By: AngeFaitore on 11/20/04 at 9:33 am

The Proud Family: I wish Oscar would give Penny a chance to learn from her mistakes rather than to protect her from them.

Lloyd in Space: I do watch it, but I just don't get it. The show should be about Francine. At least she's cool.

All Grown Up: Bleh. I used to like the stuff made by Klasky Csupo, but now it's all shiznit.

Rocket Power: Another extreme sports show we could do without.

Brandy & Mr. Whiskers: It reminds me too much of Marsupilami and Shnookums and Meat.

Dave the Barbarian: The animation is horrible and the stories are lame.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/20/04 at 10:42 am

Cartoons I love:

Spongebob Squarepants
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Ren and Stimpy
Harvey Birdman
Fairy Odd Parents
South Park

Ones that I hate:

Ed, Edd, and Eddie
The Cramp Twins
Home Movies
Yu Gi Oh!
Pokemon
Digimon

and the worst of the them all...

pretty much any Dragon Ball cartoon.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/20/04 at 11:17 am

Ones that I hate:

Home Movies

I think "Home Movies" is an aquired taste.  I've always been a Paula Poundstone fan, and I love the rhythm of the cartoon.  I can see why some people would find it REALLY annoying though!  I find it annoying in an amusing kind of way.  The rhythm and the squiggle vision animation style are from "Home Movies" ancestor, "Dr. Katz," which is a cartoon I liked at first, but grew to despise.

I've never been able to appreciate Spongebob.  He just makes me want to wring him to death!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/20/04 at 1:02 pm

Another animated series that I like is Undergrads.

http://epguides.com/Undergrads/cast.jpg

Written By: rosielittle on 12/02/04 at 3:47 pm

I don't like Doug or Rugrats... the drawing bugs me. I suppose that it's just a style that does not please my eye. Im sure it has its merits. :-\\

Written By: EVAN on 12/04/04 at 6:43 pm

I don't know why you put Family Guy of the list, Personally I think it is the funniest show ever. Also, some others have said that they like the shows on Adult swim which I like too.

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/04/04 at 6:53 pm

ohmigosh finally.. you made me remember the name of sealab 2021... i keep trying to tell people about it and just go.. the thing with the green locust thing... thank you thank you thank you

Written By: woops on 12/04/04 at 6:56 pm

I don't know why you put Family Guy of the list, Personally I think it is the funniest show ever. Also, some others have said that they like the shows on Adult swim which I like too.

I put "Family Guy" on the list, along with other shows like "Simpsons" & "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", because I know that there's some people who don't like those shows. Though I like a couple from the list, including the ones mentioned.

I even have some of the "worst" (the ones I don't care for & popular choices like "Kid Notorious")  on the "favorite" poll.

Check for new replies or respond here...