inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Remember (Death In The Afternoon) - Sad news about a friend :(

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/09/04 at 10:34 am

It is with deep sadness and sorrow that Rush and I announce the passing of our beloved eldest Guinea Pig, Morty. He was 4 1/2 years old. He'd been battling a bladder infection for probably a couple of months, and despite every effort to try and clear it up, he succumbed and died in my arms yesterday afternoon.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

We had just taken him to the vet (again) the day before where he was put on medication and we were told to give him saline injections under his skin to help flush out his bladder...but it was all for nought. Morty was a wonderful piggie, so full of life and amusement. He will be sadly missed by me and Rush (his mum and dad), and his friends, the three remaining piggies, Napoleon, Mocha and Truffles (a.k.a. "Little Pig").

R.I.P. little baby....

Absolutely Vile and Rush

Subject: Re: I Remember (Death In The Afternoon) - Sad news about a friend :(

Written By: nally on 09/09/04 at 10:36 am

That's so sad. :\'( Sorry to hear about your pet's passing, Ab Vile. :\'( My condolences to you and your family.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/04 at 10:58 am

As I told you before, AV, I am so sorry.  :\'( :\'( :\'( I wish your others long life.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/09/04 at 10:59 am

I am sorry to hear about your loss. When you have any pet for so long, it still hurts when they finally leave us. But your guinea pig is in a better place now. May God look upon you in you time of need. :\'(

Written By: SuperFreak on 09/09/04 at 12:28 pm

Please accept my sincerest condelences, Absolutely Vile :\'(

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/09/04 at 12:46 pm

Sorry to hear about that!

Tanya

Written By: bj26 on 09/09/04 at 2:56 pm

Sorry about Morty,the piggies are about the cutest and most lovable little critters :)

Written By: Marian on 09/09/04 at 4:05 pm

:(Sad news,but it sounds like he lived a long happy life for a cavy.I hope the others are ok.Sometimes stuff in guinesa pigs seem to be contagious.Cheers!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/09/04 at 4:17 pm

:(Sad news,but it sounds like he lived a long happy life for a cavy.I hope the others are ok.Sometimes stuff in guinesa pigs seem to be contagious.Cheers!

I don't think he was contagious. The others appear to be fine, although a bit depressed. :( They were all in two separate cages (in pairs) because all four of them didn't get along. With the remaining three, we're going to try and see if they might start liking each other so we don't end up having to get a new piggie friend for Napoleon. We will if it doesn't work, though. We don't want him to be by himself for too long!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 09/09/04 at 5:50 pm

I am sorry to hear of your guinea pig's passing, Vile. I'm sure he will be happy squeaking about in Guinea-Pig heaven.  :)

Written By: jaytee on 09/09/04 at 6:06 pm

Oh Vile - how sad :\'(  Losing a loved pet is a horrible thing.  My sincere sympathy to you and Rush and the rest of your little family.

Written By: Howard on 09/09/04 at 9:20 pm

sorry about your loss Vile. :\'(

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/04 at 9:43 pm

So sorry to hear you lost your guinea pig friend.
:\'(
Time will heal all...

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/10/04 at 9:43 am

Thanks, everyone, for your messages. Things seem a bit weird and empty, but they will get better in time. Morty was very special to us and he will never be forgotten. I'm sure he's up there somewhere happily squeaking, eating loads of red bell peppers and nibbling on blunt metal objects, free of all that ailed him. :)

Absolutely Vile and Rush

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 09/10/04 at 7:25 pm

RIP Morty  :\'( I know exactly how you feel I had a guinea pig too and I had him for a long time then I woke up to it having seizures

Written By: Howard on 09/10/04 at 7:39 pm

http://www.treenspigs.com/group/foodfull/ff19.jpg

I just thought I'd help you by showing a picture of guinea pigs playing with each other.Hope you enjoy the picture. :)

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/11/04 at 8:46 am

I just thought I'd help you by showing a picture of guinea pigs playing with each other.Hope you enjoy the picture. :)

Howard

Thanks for the pic, Howard, but I think those piggies look like they're about to have a confrontation! At least that's the stance any two of ours would take before they'd scuffle! They're cute though.

Anyways, everyone...I'm very happy to report that the remaining three are getting along with each other in the same cage! For now, anyway! We'll give it a few weeks and see what happens. Wish us luck! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/11/04 at 8:49 am

RIP Morty  :\'( I know exactly how you feel I had a guinea pig too and I had him for a long time then I woke up to it having seizures

Oh that's awful! I'm sorry to hear that. :\'( The last piggie we had that passed away had a stroke, lost the use of his limbs and had to be euthanised. It was really heartbreaking. :(

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 09/11/04 at 9:21 am

http://www.aracnet.com/~seagull/Guineas/images/couple.jpg

Here are some more pics to cheer you up.^^ :)

Howard

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 09/11/04 at 12:49 pm

Oh that's awful! I'm sorry to hear that. :\'( The last piggie we had that passed away had a stroke, lost the use of his limbs and had to be euthanised. It was really heartbreaking. :(

Absolutely Vile

thanks I'm over it though it's been at least 10 years. I want another one

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/11/04 at 1:01 pm

thanks I'm over it though it's been at least 10 years. I want another one

I love them. :) They're so cute and easy to look after. I became a piggie addict for a little while. We had five of them at one point! :) But three have left us, we adopted one in between, and the three we have now are getting on well, touch wood. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/14/04 at 4:18 pm

This was just too cute to pass up. Here's a picture of our piggies resting together. :)

Clockwise: Truffles, Napoleon, and Mocha (hidden slightly by their water bottle)

;D

Absolutely Vile

Check for new replies or respond here...