inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Apparently, you can't do this.

Written By: Jessica on 09/13/04 at 11:50 am

This is just DUMB. The lady was trying to prove a point to her class. I wish we had interesting teachers like this.
(By the way, she's my hero for having such balls to do this in Idaho. ;D)

Teacher In Trouble For Ripping Bible

Subject: Re: Apparently, you can't do this.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/13/04 at 3:49 pm

Farenheit 451 is one of my all time fave books and movies.  She was making a point
and it looks like she has, gives people something to think about, unfortunatly the people
who want to see her punished are much like the firemen in the book.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/04 at 5:59 pm

I for one, hate to see any book destroyed, but it was a book-that there are many, many copies availible. It wasn't like it was an ancient text that was one of a kind. Sometimes I think people go a bit too far.

Cat

Written By: Fred on 09/13/04 at 8:06 pm

That's just retared.  >:( I can understand if it was someone else's book and she destroyed it, that someone had payed money for. But this is not the case.

Written By: Mayleneo on 09/13/04 at 9:29 pm

It seems to be a bit ironic....that these people doing the "disciplining" are falling right into the trap that Farenhiet puts as happening in "the future" perhaps the not so distant future after all..... Im not a religous person....but it seems to me that if i was my faith would be stronger...that my faith would be actually the contents of the bible....not some paper that ther are billion of in the world. Its sad to me that everytime a teacher is innovative, in a controversial way...its always the safest way they handle it. Some of my best teachers ever were unconventioal....they taught me to think for myself and they also taught me about going at it alone, even when its not the most popular route. What kind of message do they send to these kids when they discipline her for that.... they showthat if you follow your own drum...you get in trouble. Really messed up if you ask me  >:(

Written By: Joelle on 09/13/04 at 10:50 pm

She certainly has guts. I'll say that for her.

Written By: Kryllith on 09/14/04 at 8:40 am

... wait... this guy got her in trouble, and THEN called her a great teacher? What?

He admired her teaching method for its innovation and effectiveness, but as the Principal he would have been required to punish her since her actions most likely violated some school code. Happens rather often...

Kryllith

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/04 at 10:27 am

This makes me wonder, though, what if it had been a different book?  Something more "offensive"?  Would she be knee deep then?

Probably not. If it was the Koran, she would probably have been praised.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 09/14/04 at 11:54 am

Probably not. If it was the Koran, she would probably have been praised.

Cat

Sad to say, but you're probably right. :P

Check for new replies or respond here...