inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scott Peterson murder predicted in 1993?

Written By: Mushroom on 09/17/04 at 10:51 pm

I discovered this tonight.  It is definately something that makes you go Hmmmmm..

I was watching "Demolition Man" tonight.  It is one of my favorite DVDs, and I drag it out every year or so.  This movie stars Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes, and was made in 1993.

After Simon Phoenix (Snipes) escapes into the 21st Century, the Police are looking at a list of the killers scheduled for release that day.  The name listed right before "Phoenix, Simon" is none other then, "Peterson, Scott".  I caught it when I was watching it, and my jaw about hit the floor!

THought some of you might find this interesting.

Subject: Re: Scott Peterson murder predicted in 1993?

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 09/18/04 at 2:21 am

Freaky indeed !

Will watch out for it next tme its on tv - its basically the ONLY Sly movie I enjoy.

Written By: Jessica on 09/18/04 at 1:39 pm

:o

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/18/04 at 2:19 pm

Wow, what are the odds against that? Maybe Lacey Peterson was at the filming. :-\\

Written By: Mushroom on 09/20/04 at 2:01 pm

Of course, there was yet another prediction in that movie, which is half-true already!

After being thawed out in the future, Sylvester's character is shocked to learn about "President Schwarznegger"!

Here is a quote from the movie, take it how you will:

Lenina Huxley : I have, in fact, perused some newsreels in the Schwartzenegger Library.
John Spartan : Hold it. The Schwartzenegger Library?
Lenina Huxley : Yes. The Schwartzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor when you...
John Spartan : But how? He was President?
Lenina Huxley : Yes! Even though he wasn't born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment which states...
John Spartan : I don' wanna know. President.

Governor Arnold started his campaign for Governor in 2003, 10 years after this movie was released.  Also 10 years after Scott Peterson was arrested.  Freaky.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 09/21/04 at 5:43 am

Of course, there was yet another prediction in that movie, which is half-true already!

After being thawed out in the future, Sylvester's character is shocked to learn about "President Schwarznegger"!

Other than the "seashells" the Arnold scene is my favourite in the movie.  Arnold and Sly always make fun of each other in their movies (see Twins where Arnold sees a poster of Sly and Arnold looks at the muscles and then looks at his own and shrugs as if to say "I win" !!!).  When Arnold became Gov I did laugh to myself and say "Sly will be rolling his eyes and saying he predicted it !!!!".

Written By: Mushroom on 09/30/04 at 11:08 pm

Other than the "seashells" the Arnold scene is my favourite in the movie.

Maybe I am strange, but sometimes I will suddenly stop and wonder "how in the heck do they use the seashells?"

Arnold and Sly always make fun of each other in their movies (see Twins where Arnold sees a poster of Sly and Arnold looks at the muscles and then looks at his own and shrugs as if to say "I win" !!!).  When Arnold became Gov I did laugh to myself and say "Sly will be rolling his eyes and saying he predicted it !!!!".

Another good example is in "Last Action Hero".  That movie is full of them, like the video store, where Sly is depicted on movie posters in roles that Arnold did in real life.  Of course, there is this quote from The Last Action Hero:

The mayor : Jack, as mayor of this great metropolis, you and I have had our little tiffs, but this is the Lieutenant Governor.
Lt. Governor : Slater, here's what I...
Jack Slater (Arnold): When the Governor gets here, call me.

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 10/16/04 at 12:39 am

That's creepy  :D and they better not let him out. KILL HIM!

Written By: Fred on 10/17/04 at 3:28 am

That's crazy.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...