inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So It Happened

Written By: Jessica on 09/22/04 at 2:17 pm

I heard about this a couple of weeks earlier. I can't believe they went through with it. :P

Salinas To Shut Down Libraries and Rec. Centers

Subject: Re: So It Happened

Written By: Marian on 09/22/04 at 2:28 pm

:o :oWell,let's hope the voters approve the measures.Cheers!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/22/04 at 4:40 pm

That sucks >:(

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/04 at 6:51 pm

Salinas is trying to save money at the expense of young people who are now shut out of any of the city's decision making. Does that make any sense?!! :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/04 at 9:12 pm

Salinas is trying to save money at the expense of young people who are now shut out of any of the city's decision making. Does that make any sense?!! :o

This is happening all over the country.  The entire national agenda has devolved from civic to private.  Tax cuts for me are more important than libraries for them.  Thus, anything you can access for free as a citizen must be killed.  We can't afford to mince words any longer.  Whether it's the cutting of library funds in Salinas, CA., or a state university vetoed here in Massachusetts by our swine of a governor, it's all indicative of America's decline from greatness.  If those who put the interests of the wealthy few over the many are not run out of office, America will resemble Brazil in due time.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/23/04 at 6:00 am

It's a disgrace, but indicative of what is happening.  Last week I was incensed over the cost of
admission to museums.  I would say the average is about 12 for adults and 7 dollars for kids.
I believe that all school age children should be let in for free.  You know the DeCordova, Max?
Well now they charge just to walk the grounds!!  Miseducation, denial, stratification, seem to
be the major themes in the USA today. >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...