inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Conan to Replace Leno in '09!

Written By: lebeiw15 on 09/28/04 at 5:01 pm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=797&ncid=763&e=4&u=/eo/20040928/en_tv_eo/15022

I'm SO excited!  How does everyone else feel about this?  A lot of people don't like Conan's sense of humor, but he's my fave.  It's sad to see Leno go, but I'm happy Conan is staying at NBC for a better time slot. :)

Subject: Re: Conan to Replace Leno in '09!

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 5:16 pm

Welcome back, lebeiw15! :)
BTW, I posted this yesterday while it was still hot off the press.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=797&ncid=763&e=4&u=/eo/20040928/en_tv_eo/15022

I'm SO excited!  How does everyone else feel about this?  A lot of people don't like Conan's sense of humor, but he's my fave.  It's sad to see Leno go, but I'm happy Conan is staying at NBC for a better time slot. :)

Written By: lebeiw15 on 09/28/04 at 6:04 pm

Welcome back, lebeiw15! :)
BTW, I posted this yesterday while it was still hot off the press.

Acck. :P I even scanned the front page of the '00s board and even then I missed it.  Thanks, Indy! :)

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/11/06 at 5:05 pm

While I am a fan of Conan in his current show, I'm currently not so hot about him taking over Leno. They're different kinds of shows. The tonight show does have a little bit more of class and I hope he doesn't continue his fall back facecams and sophmore humor. I can't see the same show that was hosted by the great Johnny Carson resort to showing the Masterbating Bear.

Actually my imediate choice would've been someone like John Stewart.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 5:42 pm

Welcome back!

Good - I despise Leno!  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/11/06 at 5:43 pm

I like Conan but it'll be weird without Leno, I've been watching his show for so long.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 5:45 pm

I like Conan but it'll be weird without Leno, I've been watching his show for so long.

Yeah, in a way I will kind of miss him.  After all Johnny Carson left when I was 2 so I've never know The Tonight Show without him.

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/06 at 5:58 pm

I wonder if Conan will take the Max Weinberg 7 with him?

Also, I wonder if Carson Daly will get Conan's old slot.  I actually sent Carson a message to his MySpace asking that question ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 5:59 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/06 at 6:00 pm

Wait ... he actually responded to you?  I'm gonna MySpace him and ask him to rotate my band's music videos on MTV!  :D

He did respond to me yes.  Here's what he said ...

"i will be lucky to be alive in '09. we'll see. Thanks for holdin it down in the Great White North! always, Carson"

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 6:02 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/06 at 6:06 pm

You're proud of being a Moosehead, aren't you, eh?  ;D

not really no ;D

I hope some night Carson will show a screenshot of his blog.  One of the comments in there near the top is from me, plugging inthe00s ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 6:07 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: KKay on 04/11/06 at 6:42 pm

Great.. Leno is awful.

Written By: zcrito on 04/11/06 at 8:39 pm

Great.. Leno is awful.

It's funny but when Conan O'Brien started his talk show (in '91, I believe) there were about 100 other talk shows also starting up that Fall season. "They" said he would never last and his would be the first to go. No prior "on television" experience was their main reason. He's still on, and the 100 others are all gone...

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/11/06 at 8:57 pm

I think that Gonad O'Brien does a good job.  Glad to know he'll be getting a paycheck in '09.

I guess we will be writig about him at inthe10s.com

;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/06 at 10:53 pm

I hope when Conan goes to the Tonight Show, will he keep some of his bits.  I love the one where the Queen Mother calls him from heaven, and always gets his name wrong ...

"Hello, is this Cobalt O'Bratwurst"

She's also called him "Combat O'Brien", "Codpiece", "Conrad" and "Corncob O'Branflakes".  The odd time, he gets calls from fake Sean Connery, and he calls him the same names ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/12/06 at 9:05 am

Cool!  Can't wait until '09!

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 04/12/06 at 11:15 am

It's funny but when Conan O'Brien started his talk show (in '91, I believe) there were about 100 other talk shows also starting up that Fall season. "They" said he would never last and his would be the first to go. No prior "on television" experience was their main reason. He's still on, and the 100 others are all gone...
atully 1994 when david letterman left NBC for CBS and the late show deal NBC tapped him as host of the show now he is hosting the tonight show in 2009

Check for new replies or respond here...